Homecoming (Miharu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Homecoming (Miharu)

Postby Siiri on November 12th, 2011, 3:26 pm

"Peace, wolfling," Jakai replied in Myrian to Miharu's outburst. Her tone was flat, expressionless, the same as her face, and her eyes strayed on the Kelvic for a moment before shifting to Siiri. "I did not come here to bar you entry from the Goddess-Queen's lands."

Siiri held her bondmate on check, knowing that Kreesha's fang were hardliners when it came to outsiders trespassing into Falyndar - Kelvic or otherwise. Jakai should know of Miharu of course, having been there that day when Siiri, and her own fang, first met the girl so long ago. That the bondmates were lovers was no secret in the barracks either. Still, Siiri reached over a hand to give Miharu an affectionate squeeze on the shoulder before stepping in front of her, blocking the girl a direct path to Jakai. Miharu's rabid reaction to the sailors when she regain consciousness was still fresh in her mind.

"You are stationed to watch the dock then?" Siiri asked, trying to shift the attention to her and the other Myrian's focus on anything but the two humans scrambling to row their boat away as fast as possible.

Jakai ignored her however, her eyes flicking on the retreating craft and staying there. "I'm supposed to give the signal for our archers to shoot," was all she said, confirming Siiri's earlier suspicions.

The woman started to raise her hand, but Siiri intercepted her wrist, her grip on it tight and her hold solid. She would not allow Jakai to give that order, even if it meant butting heads with her. Jakai eyed her curiously, though she did not seem angered by Siiri's impulsive action.

"I cannot let you do that. I gave their captain my word that they will return in one piece."

Jakai's eyebrows raised up at her words. Siiri could feel resistance against her hold on her, but her grip was firm.

"Alive," Siiri added.

"You would spare these outsiders?"

"I would maintain my word."

"They are on Falyndar's waters."

"I would maintain my word," Siiri repeated, her tone giving no room for debate. Her emerald eyes locked against Jakai's obsidian ones, and Siiri thought they may have to come to blows. Her free hand strayed towards the heavy mace that was clipped to her belt.

"Very well."

Siiri kept her hold on the woman's wrist a moment longer before releasing it. Jakai said nothing else however, just turning around and marching off to vanish back into the treeline. Siiri released a breath she had not realized she was holding as she glanced over to Miharu.

"Close," she muttered.

It was only then that she noticed that the girl was still bleeding. Color had returned to the Kelvic's cheeks upon stepping onto dry land, and Siiri had to admit that she herself felt better without the motions of a rocking boat making her want to hurl her last meal. Miharu still looked worse for wear after that ordeal with the saltwater croc and Charoda. She reached up, wiping away with her thumb the stain of red that trickled down Miharu's forehead as the rest of her fingers caressed the girl's cheek.

"How are you feeling?"
she asked, her concern for the Kelvic clear in her voice. Her eyes roamed Miharu's face, as if she could find written there everything her bondmate may be feeling. "We can... camp here for the night, if you like. Kreesha's people can keep watch for us."

It wasn't just a suggestion. Siiri felt that the two of them could use the rest now, especially since they still had to deal with the dangers of the jungle on the trek back home. It would give them the chance too, to talk of everything they went through in the desert land of Eyktol, particularly of the trials they had faced in the underground prison that was Hai. They had never truly spoken of it even on the return trip back to Yahebah. Hai had been a most troubling experience, for Siiri at least, and a strange vision-like dream she had there had been what prompted her to return home to Taloba.

Siiri probed for Miharu's emotions through the bond they shared. More than trying to find out how the girl was feeling about her current condition, she also wanted to know if Miharu was carrying any excess baggage from everything they had gone through in Eyktol.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Homecoming (Miharu)

Postby Schism on July 12th, 2012, 5:06 am

Your Grade
Just remember…you asked for it!

Siiri
Skills
Intimidation + 2
Medicine +1
Observation + 1
Weapon: Mace + 1
Unarmed Combat + 1
Lores
Comforting One’s Bondmate
A Charoda Would Help a Myrian
Soothing Miharu
Maintaining Your Word
Notes
I think I’ll be ready to resume the pursuit of a black belt if I keep reading your threads. There’s always an interesting link.
Nice work and I’m sorry this got cut short. I liked how it was coming along, silly sailors.

Miharu
Skills
Intimidation + 1
Lores
Losing One’s Self To Instinct
Less Than a Warm Welcome
Notes
BABY, COME BACK!

Should Miharu comes back, ever, remind me to redirect her writer here to finish a lovely thread of bonding, skull smashing, and surprises.
I especially want to compliment how you addressed the bond. Here’s to hoping the return of a Falyndar baby… :/
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous