Gnosis and Nuits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Vala on March 21st, 2011, 10:55 pm

Since nuits are constantly switching bodies, would a god's gnosis follow their souls/ichor/djed to their new body?

Or do gods refrain from giving gnosis to Nuits?
Last edited by Vala on March 21st, 2011, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Crismento Miren on March 21st, 2011, 11:00 pm

Gnosis Marks are permanent. Only the deity that grants them (or curses with them) can remove them. Likewise wounds, or even a limb being hacked off that bears a mark will not affect the 'marked' person. The mark will show through the scarring, or appear on another part of a persons body after a limb is lost.

My guess would be that that applies to getting a new body, too.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Jilitse on March 22nd, 2011, 1:32 am

Hi Vala!

Two of the oldest Nuits around (game play wise) are Malia and yours truly. Malia has a gnosis from Tanroa and Uldr while I recently had mine from Priskil.

From what I read based on the explanation on Malia's Tanroa thread, what is marked is not the body, but rather the soul.

"And as time passes you'll understand more about the mark you ebar now. It is more a mark on your ichor than it is one on your physical form, so do not b disturbed if it fades from your hand as your body rots."

If you are interested to read it whole, here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic555.html.

Your lovely Nuit,
Jil
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Siiri on March 22nd, 2011, 1:36 am

Only ghosts don't get Gnosis marks. The way I understand it, when a god marks you, they're not just marking your physical shell, but your very soul (identity). That said, your marks transfer to the new body but you don't 'inherit' any marks the body had before. Sort of like moving in an apartment, you don't get the furniture of the previous guy but you move in your own stuff.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Vala on March 22nd, 2011, 1:50 am

Thank you so much everyone!

I was planning to have Vala slowly die through some horrible sickness after she gives birth to her one and only heir (probably after several seasons from now), and since she'll probably meet Jilitse through this new rallying of Priskil followers, I was hoping Jilitse, or another Nuit, could help her transform to stay 'alive'. And since I was hoping that she would earn her Priskil mark soon, I didn't want her hard work to be negated from my evil scheming. Anyhoo... this is a really long story arc that I wanted to plan before attempting willy-nilly.

Thanks again everyone :D
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Gnosis and Nuits

Postby Jilitse on March 22nd, 2011, 2:52 am

Haha, that's a actually new, someone who want to be a Nuit through game play! But confirm with Tarot if turning Nuit would not make you lose your gnosis. The Daek-Nuit ritual involves some heart-stabbing, but I'm not sure if you actually "die" sometime in between...
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)