[Stormhold Beach] The Midwinter Fire Festival (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Stormhold Beach] The Midwinter Fire Festival (Open)

Postby Terminus Norin on January 19th, 2010, 5:07 am

Terminus did not need to see the bloody tears to know what was happening to Nya. He was an experienced enough mage to recognize over giving when he saw it. He did not wish to alarm Abashai as he knew it would pass as long as Nya did not continue to utilize Djed. He muttered quietly enough that he was sure Abashai could not hear him clearly but that Nya could even in her depleted state.

Whatever you did to the snake thing I wouldn't do it again for a while. Over giving hurts doesn't it?

He however did stay close so that maybe Nya would not feel the need to utilize her Djed for the rest of the night. He also extended a hand to help her sit down noting her bloodshot eyes as he expected to see.

At Abashai's unspoken request, Terminus followed him to fetch Nya some water> He simply did not act like he knew what was wrong with her but inside he felt her pain knowing she was going to be miserable for the rest of the night. He finally spoke to Abashai

I'm actually glad to get to meet you finally. The man who is bonded to Nya is a man I definitely want to get to know. However I'm sure there are less personal ways to get around to asking what I want to ask of you.

He was normally a direct man, however he seemed to be having trouble with his words especially since he had not intended to breech this subject when he originally suggested tea.

You are a man who has had some experience with being close to a Kelvic. I was wondering if we can talk about what that has been like? How you knew she was the one you wanted to bond with? Since Avi arrived i have been experiencing odd feelings.

He still seemed ill at ease with the thought of being so personal, but he had said it now and would wait for Abashai's answer
Its not wheither you win or lose but how you play that counts
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Words: 63849
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2009, 4:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadurro on January 19th, 2010, 11:56 am

As he saw Sasin's arm drop to grab something, Kadurro raised both of his arms in front of him, palms outstretched. "Relax. I'm on your side in all of this," he said, stopping a few feet in front of him.

"I was watching you from afar, when you were dealing with that crazy lady, and I've got to say, sir, that you handled yourself magnificently. And so, I got to thinking that you might be perfect for a...fairly large scale operation here in Syliras." Kadurro paused to take a breath. He looked around, seeing if anyone was nearby, but it was getting dark, and the torch lights were only so useful. Satisfied that no one was lurking nearby, Kadurro continued on in a hushed whisper. "It'll be a good bit of work, and might take days, even seasons, possibly, but I assure you, the pay is well worth the effort." He wanted to tell Sasin more about the plan, but any more information before having him agree to help would only serve to put himself at risk of being exposed to the Knights. "Well," he continued in his whisper. "What do you think? Might be interested?"
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Words: 14187
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nya Winters on January 21st, 2010, 6:53 pm

Nya nodded at Abashai's question and followed him to the first fire he lead her too. She gratefully sank down, stretched out her long legs, and leaned back against a piece of driftwood that had been gathered to the fire to use as a seat or bench. The sand was softer than sitting on the wood and as tired as she was, Nya was glad for it. The snake hadn't been too happy to leave, but it had left and without violence. Nya was grateful for that, though she figured they'd have problems with the creature later on, for certain. She decided then and there it would be a good idea to find some anti-toxin in Syliras, if such a thing was possible, and keep it on hand. She hated the thought of Abashai being between her and it, and him going after it and possibly getting bitten. There was nothing she could do, as things stood, if he was hurt... or even Terminus or the strange Konti or even Avi for that matter.

There was a lot of people to protect in big groups like this. There was also a lot of people to do the protecting. But life was fragile... soft... easy to snuff out. And while that was a good thing if you were a hunter, it wasn't so great if you loved someone that could be gone in a heartbeat. Nya had to get stronger. She had to be better with her Hypnotism. She had to perfect other skills she knew she could learn because her mother had always stressed magic and knowledge as being far more powerful in the long run than tooth and claw.

The forest cat sighed.

Was there enough time? Did she need books? When would the chill of winter break and all the things that she carried heavily on her shoulders would have to be spelled out for Abashai. They had so little time left, and Nya felt that acutely. Even as the crowds moved about enjoying food, breaking into their own groups, dancing, playing, there was a sense of winter waning and spring just around the corner. The powercube would have to be found. People would have to be talked too... a search not unlike the one she'd conducted for her bondmate would have to begin. Nya hoped Abashai would be willing to help. She was certain he would. But if he didn't understand, she had no idea what she'd do.

The frustration made her growl low in her throat, and that reminded her of the wolf scent she'd smelled earlier. Was the other kelvic, the one she didn't know still around? And where had Avi gotten off too? She'd love to talk to the eagle-owl a bit more now that things were quiet. Nya needed to thank her for her aid with the snake. She was pretty sure it backed down because there were more than one of them.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Klane on January 21st, 2010, 8:45 pm

Klane continued to stand in the sand for a while, even after the other's left him. Now that the snake was gone, he sniffed again to make sure there was no one else in the crowd that could cause harm. The Kelvic took a step back in surprise, for instead of snake he smelt cat. Turning to the direction of the smell he noticed a woman sitting in the sand, back against a piece of wood. Klane wasn't sure whether or not to walk over to her. It seemed the right thing to do, but at this point getting off the beach also seemed like the smartest idea.

Reflecting to himself on the days since coming to Syliras, he understood that most people were nice. They weren't cruel, and they certainly didn't want to hurt him. On that note, he decided to try and fix his fears of trust. Besides, she's a Kelvic as well. Even less of a reason to be afraid, right? Klane started walking towards the Kelvic woman, and when he got there he sat down near (not next to) her.

Nervously at first, he reached out a hand, and then spoke a single word, "Hello."
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Character sheet

Postby Avi on January 21st, 2010, 10:59 pm

Avi had followed Nya in her haste to get to Abashai, her eyes dark with anger and frustrated desires. She was going to have to let the Dhani go. There was no other way to do it - that was apparently the most suitable option. But for now... well, at least the festival wouldn't be unduly disrupted by their taking the snake apart and spreading the pieces around the region. Still, she was not at all happy, and once Nya turned away, Avi noticed the bloody tears. Her eyes narrowed at them, before going somewhat green with curiosity, although they didn't completely abandon their dark ruby, giving them an odd mix of colours.

"What happened to your eyes?" Avi wanted to know as she shifted her spear to the other hand, and peered at her friend's face before getting out of her way and following along, more than happy to do so - if it made her a tag-along, so be it - she wasn't sure how much Nya could see with her eyes like that, and Avi's sight, well, was her best sense. Besides, it gave her something to do with herself rather than go chasing after that stinking Dhani as she had wanted to. And this way, she could talk to Nya, maybe, and try to puzzle out what had happened with Stitch... so that they wouldn't get caught in such a trap in the first place.

Where Nya sat in the sand, Avi took off her boots, setting them on the driftwood, and climbed up on the wood to squat on it, feeling the wood with her bare feet, and relishing the harshness as she gripped with her toes. She held her spear like a sentinel, to one side, resting her arms on her bent legs, staring past it in the distance before glancing down at Nya, and grinning at Klane, briefly, when he approached.

She'd have to talk to Terminus later. He wanted to talk to Abashai, which was good - Avi needed time and space to think. She hadn't ever wanted to chase away some friend she had just met before, not like that, with a desire to protect them. Her family? Sometimes. But this... this was new. She understood the feeling for what it was. She had not felt the situation was safe for him, and therefore she wanted to remove him from the situation, to drive him away from the threat, to put herself between it and him, to get him out of its reach. She shook her head a little. Some air, more air, would clear it.

"Hello," Avi returned the greeting. "I'm Avi. This is Nya."
Avi
Player

Words: 63591
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2009, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Klane on January 21st, 2010, 11:18 pm

Klane looked towards Avi, "Oh hello. My name's..." He didn't mean to pause, after all it sounded suspicious, but his instinct prevented him from trusting anyone so simply, even on such a small scale as telling them his name. In the end he was able to squeeze the words out and speak, "My name's Klane, nice to meet you. Hey... Perhaps you can tell me what just happened back there..." He added the last words on a second thought, remembering that this girl, Avi as she called herself, had seen the snake-man and what happened afterwards.

"I mean, who was that snake person? Was he a Kelvic? Why was he here?" The question about whether or not Sasin was a Kelvic was because Klane had never met a Dhani before, and hardly even knew they existed. "And yea..." he continued in a seemingly nonstop stream of questions after he realized what Avi was talking about, "What did happen to your eyes, Nya?"
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Stitch on January 24th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Stitch regarded his newly found friends once more, from a distance, letting himself be swept into a crowd of people dispersing from a recent dance. Cocking his head, he took careful time to study each of their auras, simply committing it to memory. He wanted to be able to know who they were next time he saw them, to be able to realize it was them when he ran into them on the street, or in a store, and react as such. He was happy he had met them, they were all a very unique, interesting, and beautiful group of people. He would have to perhaps cook for each of them sometime, to get to know each of them separately. That would be nice. Introduce each of them to the children, see how those three rascals reacted to the unique people he had encountered on this very fine day.

He yawned, his mind wandering to the children, his face slowly stretching into a gentle smile. Even if it had been a bit stressful at the end there, everything would work out. He had total faith that every always would work out. For now, he would just continue to live, no need to worry.

And for now, it was time to get some children home, and to bed.

Slowly walking to the crowd, he approached Avi, the Lady Nya, and the rest gathered nearby. Facing each of them separately and giving each of them a short bow of his head and upper body, he regarded each with a bright smile. "This one hates to break this short, milords, and miladies." Even the ex-slave was addressed as a milord, Stitch never putting himself equal to, or above anyone, based on just looks or aura alone. "But this one has children to pick out of the Festival, drag back to the orphanage, and put to bed. It has been a pleasure, and this one hopes to see you all soon. You are all welcome by the Welcome Home at any time, any hour." He gave each another bow, still smiling warmly. "Thank you, you each made this a very wonderful festival. Lady Avi, Lady Nya, please give the Lord Terminus and Lord Abashai this one's warm farewell? This one would not wish to interrupt their conversation..."

At that, the blind man was off, slowly moving his way through the crowd to find a young girl by the name of Fentya, a young boy by the name of Damien, and take them both home. Since Damien had managed to hyper himself up by sneaking to the festival, Stitch would likely have to tie him to his bed. He s
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nya Winters on January 25th, 2010, 2:02 am

Nya smiled, though she didn't look at Klane. She bowed her head slightly, bringing a free hand up to her forehead to rub it gently from where she sat against the log where her bondmate had put her. She was truthfully grateful that Abashai sat her down someplace quiet and then gave her a little space. She knew Terminus wanted to talk to him, and the kelvic thought it was a good idea that both of them speak.

She leaned up against Avi's feet where the kelvic perched on the log, and turned her cheek to stroke Avi's leg with a slight pur. Klane would see two very relaxed and comfortable kelvics, both attitudes open and welcoming so he could join them easily if he wanted too. "I am a forest cat. We are really good at forcing people to do what we want by staring at them. Sometimes it hurts when we use it too much. I used it too much and now I cannot see as well as I should. Abashai doesn't know and I would be grateful if you said nothing. Using that on the snake made my head pound, but at least he left. I did not want him biting one of us or our bondmate. I would have killed him for even looking like he'd hurt Abashai... but Shai would not approve of violence, so we needed to make him go away without a fight." She said softly. Then she turned to Klane, smiled, and said. "I do not know what he was, but he wasn't a kelvic. He smelled like a snake. I've never seen anything like him. Have you two?" Nya asked.

When Stitch dropped by, Nya nodded and touched the sleeve of his shirt and thanked him for coming. "We will tell the men what you said when they come back. Thank you for coming, Stitch, and bringing the children. I'd like to drop by later, talk with them, and bring something for them if you would not mind." Nya reached forward, hugged Damien, and thanked him as well for dancing with her. She was fairly certain that the only reason her bondmate had agreed to a dance is because he saw the boy having fun with his bondmate.

When Stitch had gone, Nya leaned back up against Avi, snuggling. The forest cat wouldn't mind if the eagle-owl even started grooming. She was relaxed, her head was easing its pounding, and she was growing curious once more. "So, Klane... tell us about yourself? Do you have a bondmate? You smell kelvic enough you should have one. Avi hasn't bonded yet, but her bondmate has found her." Nya said, glancing up at the other woman to see what color her eyes were. "He just has to prove his worth, then she'll be well matched. What about you? Are you mated? Come, sit down with us... I'll scratch... " They were settling down around the fire, and when the men finally did decide to return, they'd find at least two kelvics (maybe three if klane settled with them) all piled together near the fire, comfortably talking, touching each other, and acting as little like humans as possible.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Klane on January 25th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Klane felt comfortable for the first time that night. He was with two other Kelvics, and their attitude was welcoming. Now that the snake-man was gone, he felt no reason to be nervous around his own kind. He was so comfortable in fact, that at Nya's request he shifted over in the sand to be closer to the rest of them.

"So, Klane... tell us about yourself? Do you have a bondmate? You smell kelvic enough, you should have one?" When Nya asked that question it took Klane a second to realize what she was talking about. As a slave he had never learned about this whole bondmate thing. As such, it took him a second to recall his visit to the temple, where a priest named Glav had taught him about such things.

Klane felt nervous responding, he wasn't aware that anyone like him must have one. Yet, Nya made it sound as if he were an outcast if he didn't have a bondmate. He decided to try and avoid the question, for now at least. He didn't want to be judged badly, especially by his own kind.

"Well, I'm a Kelvic. I'm part wolf..." He paused to think up more things to say, "I play a little mandolin... Um, how about you?" Smooth Klane... Smooth... The Kelvic mentally slapped himself.

OOCWait, so Kelvic isn't capitalized? I thought it was a race
Klane
X-Slave

Character sheet

Postby Avi on January 27th, 2010, 2:01 am

Avi's eyes were a mixture of green and gold and ruby, an odd blend that looked stranger still in the light of the fire. Curious about Klane, content and pleased to be with Nya, and she seemed to be calming down slightly enough to go back to her normal colour. She took the hand closest to Nya off of the spear's shaft, and rested it gently against Nya's hair, slowly, and gently, combing her fingers through it, mindful not to tug. While her own thick braid, the end of which was now resting in the sand, wasn't particularly sensitive to being pulled, everyone was different. "I won't tell," she assured her. She could keep a secret, and certainly would. No one would ever hear about that staring thing. With careful fingers, she looked to help wipe the bloody tears away. "Abashai called him a Dhani," she added thoughtfully. "We can ask him later what that is. I've seen big snakes in the south of Taldera... but I don't know if that is what they are."

"Have a good night," Avi smiled at Stitch, though his earlier transgressions were certainly not forgotten. For her, the night was still young. She could well be up until the sun rose once again before taking to a tree. "Be seeing you." She had a feeling she would, especially if she stuck around Syliras as it seemed like she might, for a while. That reminded her, she had to ask Nya what had happened with Stitch, and only once she was sure that he was gone did she ask her quietly, "What happened with Stitch? Why did you cuddle him like that? What did he do?"

At Nya's suggestion that Avi had just found her bondmate, Avi found herself grinning a little at that, her eyes glowing amber-gold at the possibility as she looked up, in the direction that Abashai and Terminus had gone. She could certainly stand to get close to Terminus. But she would have to teach him not to touch when she didn't want to be touched. Of course, she supposed she couldn't entirely blame him. She didn't know all of what Nya had told him about her, but he may well have thought she was some big cuddly Kelvic with an appetite for fish. But he'd have to learn that she wasn't. "I am a Talderian Black Owl," she offered in response to Klane's confession of what sort of animal he was. There was no 'half' to her. That was what she was. She did notice, however, that Klane avoided Nya's question about a bondmate. "It's okay if you don't have one yet. It takes time to find the right one," she offered her own opinion. "Besides, I'm not bonded yet. Maybe soon... but we'll see."
Avi
Player

Words: 63591
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2009, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext