CS Design Assistance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 22nd, 2011, 7:17 am

Hello everyone, I've discovered that I enjoy doing layout and design for Character Sheets :) So, I am offering my help to anyone who wants it. Just give me some general ideas or images you want to incorporate. Also, the more detailed your CS is the more I have to draw on as to what colors/pictures are fitting.

My previous work -

Ronin
Neville
Kalasshmalah
Jullian's Tab Set
Severn
Meindl
Nex Paciscor

Other note:
If you change your CS design from what I give you please tell me so I can remove it from my list of previous work.
Last edited by Ronin on March 30th, 2011, 6:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ronin
The Pansy who talks like a Dandy

Words: 117946
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Julian on March 22nd, 2011, 7:53 am

I'd most certainly love the assistance.

I'm fine with much of my CS design, but I need one of those lovely tables with the selectable tabs as you put in those other sheets. It'd be an easier way for me to keep track of my abilities, ledger, and possessions and the like.

As for a color scheme, I'm partial to mixes of burgundy, white, and black. Any variation thereof would be more than acceptable.

Including my skill points, lores, possessions, ledger, and perhaps an log which I can update with changes would be very lovely.
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 22nd, 2011, 8:15 am

Skills
Play Music Instrument (cello): 30 (15 allocated, +15 human bonus)
Hypnotism: 15
Music Composition: 10
Knife-fighting: 10

Lores
Layout of Syliras
Knowledge of certain trade routes

Languages
Common - Fluent
Tukant - Basic
Isur - Poor

Possessions
1 set of Clothing
1 waterskin
1 Backpack
1 set of toiletries
Food for a week
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel

Heirloom Items:
Father's leatherbound journal
Wife's Wedding band - 30gm value

Ledger
100 gm + 500gm
(does not own a home or tent)
-75gm*

Thread List
Ronin

Character sheet
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Julian on March 22nd, 2011, 8:23 am

This is excellent! Thank you.
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Karc on March 22nd, 2011, 8:47 am

I would also like it if you could help with my CS. I'm pretty okay with my categories so far, but i would like if you could put Skill's, Lor's, and languages into tab, as well as Equipment, Housing, Animals, and Ledger together.

and also be cool if you could use colours and pic's to spruce it up im fine realy with what ever colours you think fit and the background can be anything as well. Genarly just do what you like and ill change if i dont like.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 22nd, 2011, 9:17 am

Karc Talius Silverhand
Image goes here

General Information

Full Name: Karc Talius Silverhand
Aliases: Malah’s Slave
Title: Slave
Nickname: Karc
Race: Drykas-Diamond Clan
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth: 51st day, Summer of 492 AV
Place of Birth: Cyphrus Grasslands
Place of Residence: N/A

Physical Appearance

Karc stands at 6’4, and weighs in at around 84 kg(185 lb), and has an athletic, and well-toned body, and broadish shoulders. His skin is a lightly tanned, and he has his windmark tattoos covering his chest, shoulderes, upper back, and arms(all the way to his palm). He has a few scars covering his body from past skirmishes, but nothing very profound. His face has wolfish way about it with, a tiled smile, and piercing green eyes. He has three peircings in each earlobe, all of them are small metal hoops. His hair is tied by a leather thong and held behind him.

Personality

Karc has deep set hate of authority, but is good at heart, se he will always do what’s right in his eyes. Karc is motivated by his quest for immortality, and creature comforts like alcohol, women, and money. Karc usually tries to be positive, but he is a realist and that will not stop him from stating the facts, though he may say it in a way that it sounds better or brighter. Karc is witty, cheerful, charming, courteous (with women mostly) and outspoken usually, but he can also tend to easily angered and become violent, brood, and can be quite easily offended. Karc belives in freedom and slavery is horrible to him.

Philosophy

Affiliations/Relations

Karc, loves his people and has a deep set hate of slavers, or people with slaves.

Played by What Famous Person
Jake Gyllenhaal

(Before Creation)History

(After Creation)History

Disciplines & Training

Skills
Riding: 10/100 (10pts from Racial Bonus)
Weapon (Clawed Gauntlet): 20/100 (20pts from Starting Package)
Acrobatics: 10/100 (5pts from Starting Package)

Lores

Languages
Pavi: Fluent
Common: Basic
Arumenic: Poor

Equipment
Set of Clothing(Leather Boots, Gloves, Belt. Cloth Pants, Tunic, Loincloth, and Cloak)
Father’s Metal Clawed Gauntlets
Waterskin(Filled with water)
Strider(Horse), with Yvas
Backpack and Saddlebags which contains:
Set of Toiletries
Food for a week
Eating knife
Flint & Steel
Large tent (4 person)
Large tarp
100 ft of rope
Flint & steel
Lantern
2 torches
Bedroll
Blanket
Fishing tackle & hooks

Animals
Mist (Cyphrus Strider named Mist)

Ledger
100 Gold Mizas

Thread List

Ronin

Character sheet
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 22nd, 2011, 10:11 am

Severn

Basic Information

Name: Severn, from the tents of Akil, of the sons of Malech
Race: Human, Benshira
Birthday & Age: 3rd Day of Spring 490 / 21 Years Old

Physical Description

Severn stands at a height 6'2. He has dark brown hair and tanned skin, but what really makes him stand out are his eyes. Those icy cold blue eyes of his that hold a ferocious and chilling gaze. He is of a rather athletic constitution, built for speed and agility, rather than brute force. A scar runs across the right side of his face, starting from the temple, ondulating itself under his right eye and continuing down the cheek. He is not a pretty sight, his appearance the result of hard desert life. He covers his face with a simple desert headdress called a tourban, mostly to hide his scars and he wears simple clothes made of light cloth, designed for the maximum mobility, while his sandals allow him to move silently.

Character Concept

"What you choose to call me is irrelevant. I go by many names, depending on the situation. Right now, I could be just another man in a crowd. Or your next employee. Or the man hired to stake your head on a spike." Severn is an mercenary. Not a notorious one, but that bodes well in his career. Just out of his apprenticeship, he is determined to make a better life for himself, find a wife and fill his tent with children, one day. These days, however, his tent is inhabited by none other than himself. Striking out from his father's tent to make his own future in the world, Severn is willing and able to do any sort of mercenary work, or any other job that a hired blade would do.

Character History

Growing up as the son of a hired sword is not easy. And growing up as a mercenary's 7th son is even harder. As the youngest son born to the tent of a hired blade, his inheritance amounts to a cummulative value of precisely zero mizas. He has nothing to call his own, except the clothes on his back, his skills and a plain old scimitar from his father. And at the age of 21, it was made clear to him that he must now strike out on his own.

Skills and Lores

Skills
Scimitar: 30 (15 Starting package, 15 Racial Bonus)
Stealth: 20 (20 Starting Package)
Acrobatics: 15 (15 Starting Package)

Lores
Desert Landmarks (Starter Package)
Mercenary Slang (Starter Package)

Languages
Fluent In: Shiber
Conversational In: Common
Poor In: Tawna

Other Information

Possessions.
Weapons:
Old Scimitar (Family Heirloom, 30 Gold Mizas)
--
Apparel:
Cloth Pants (Starter Package)
Cloth Shirt (Starter Package)
Plain Desert Cloak (Starter Package)
Plain Cloth Tourban (Starter Package)
Worn Sandals (Starter Package)
--
Supplies:
Food (Starter Package) 1 Week.
Soap (Starter Package)
Razor (Starter Package)
--
Miscelaneous:
Eating Knife (Starter Package)
Flint & Steel (Starter Package)

Ledger
100 Gold Rimmed Mizas

Threads
Ronin

Character sheet
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 26th, 2011, 3:19 am

Meindl

Basic Information

The main thing that Meindl gets so worked up over, is that everyone always assumes he’s a gloomy person. Granted, he’s slightly hypocritical and dislikes gypsies and squishy, tangible objects, he’s far from gloomy. He came to the conclusion that because of his persistent career of a traveling actor and labeled circus freak, usually at night performances, he’s a low-down hub on the street. Meindl is probably one of the most flamboyant people anyone will ever meet. Not because of his sexual preference to the male gender, but mainly towards his love of theatre. His artwork hangs askew around his small apartment, looking for buyers, but never seem to get a chance to shine. Most of his motivation comes from the musical theatre, and also the people and places he’s seen.

Birthday & Age : 09 Spring 484AV ; 27 years of age

Physical Description

Meindl does not have a distinct face. He never looks the same, always covered in stage make-up or various items of a freak show. Short brown hair covers his head, when it isn’t full of product or dye, and deep hazel eyes paint his face, or his usual silver contacts. He’s quite average as compared to the “everybody else” that surround him, a whopping 5’11” at his highest.

Character Concept

A singer, actor, and amateur conceptual artist, he is last one to worry about life. He’s never the same character, nor does he ever have a trademark. Except for clowns. He seems to have a knack for playing a clown. His accent gives him a slight edge to the musical theatre. Many people knew him back home, but since he arrived at Syliras, there is much to do.

Oh, and he HATES seafood.

Character History

Meindl does not talk about his past. Period. Perhaps if people were to converse with him, and if he were close enough with colleagues, the history of this man may be unleashed. He currently resides in a small, poorly designed and of foul smells apartment deep within Syliras.

Skills and Lores

Skills
Acting +15 (Racial Bonus)
Acrobatics +5
Cosmetology +17
Dance +7
Painting +5
Rhetoric +8
Singing +8

Lores
Lore of Advanced Fine Arts
Lore of Makeup Artist

Languages

Other Information

Possessions
-Small, lame excuse for an apartment with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.
- Second chest lined with red velvet
filled with various paints, makeup, art supplies and
miscellaneous costumes stolen from
his second-uncle’s house. (Heirloom)
-1 set of clothing
-1 waterskin
-Backpack containing:
-1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
-Food for a week
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Ledger
100 gold rimmed Mizas

Thread List

Ronin

Character sheet
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ronin on March 30th, 2011, 6:05 am

Nex Paciscor

General Information

■Race: Kelvic, Animal: Wolf
■Birth Date: Season of Spring, Day 28, 506 AV
■Gender: Male

Physical Description

When in wolf form he is a large blackish gray wolf, with bright gold eyes. In human form, his height is 5'8, he ways around 150 pounds. He has a rather slender athletic body, and is a rather hairy individual unless the off chance you catch him on a day he shaved, not of his own free will, but by his masters orders in a effort to look more comely in whatever errand he is having him run at the time. He also has the characteristically long canines and sharp gold eyes, that distinguish him as different from the general population not of his species. His hair is black and almost always unkempt.

Character Concept

■Personality - Fiercely loyal to his master, he would give his life if where so asked for the man. In return the man's guinuine respect for him and kindness has shaped him. He is rather kind to humans, and children and often loves to play about outside in his animal form when he is so blessed with the chance. As well though there is a darker side to him, a more primal side that feeds of the exciting frenzy that only battle can bring. He has yet to experience his darkside as he hasn't had the occasion to battle and his master has never been threatened. Growing up in The Zintia in Lhavit, the closest he's ever come to battle is the friendly sparing with some of his master's assosiates. He also has a deep yearning to explore and see the outside world, and only his timidity and his master's fixed location keep's him in the city of Lhavit. He is rather quiet in nature and only speaks when spoken to.
■Ethics - Survival oriented most basically, but also doesn't condone killing innocents, or just for the thrill of it. He only kills when he has to or if his master so orders it no matter the target in the case of command. He does not presume to question his master's rationalizing. Of his own will however he will attempt to avoid killing outwright.
■Likes - Likes to play with the children of the town, and the occasional sparring he is privleged to a couple times a week. He also enjoys roaming about in his natural form, and secretly longs to explore the rest of the world, and maybe even make a few friends.
■Dislikes - Extreme dislike for the dead. Years ago early on in his life, on one of the first and last times his master left the city, they where on there way to Denval to trade and provide aid where neccessary. On the way there in the wilds the caravan was waylad by a band of undead, and while the gaurds had put out the menace quickly, he was forever marked with the memory of these things as wicked and unnatural.

Character History

Born in Lhavit under the benevolent tuleage of his master, he grew up learning the art of battle through his time with the various teachers his master introduced him to in a effort to transform the youngling into a strong defender of his home. As time passed though and more of his potential became evident he was found to be more suited to be his master's personal errand boy and body gaurd, performing various tasks. Usually just delivering some notes or items up for trade, it gave a good cause for him to be able to get to know the city even better and even associate with a few people who initiated relations. Over time he has become quite comfortable in the city, despite his ever gnawing restlesness to get out. He restrains himself, knowing he needs to be stronger before heading out into the world and seeks as much training as his master will allow him. Recently, seeing that he had a knack for unarmed combat his master has been enforcing this and nutring his intrest in the art. He only deemed it worthy to teach him common as a first language but gradually saw the value of Lhavitian, and Isurian only recently.

Skills and Lores

Skills
26 Unarmed Combat
10 Hunting (Race Bonus)
14 Tracking
10 Flux

Lores
Steady breathing: An excercise he learned from his unarmed combat trainer.
Stalking tactics: As a young wolf cub he learned this extensively from his elders.

Languages
Common- Fluent Basic-Lhavitian, Poor-Isurian

Possessions and Threads

Equiptment
1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel
100 ft of rope
Lantern
2 torches
Bedroll
Blanket

Ledger
122 Gm
Spent 1 gold rimmed miza on the 18th of Spring 511 AV in return for the services of a stall vendor to seek a cloak's rightful owner

5 Gm in exchange for a pleasurable night

Tent sold for 10 GM
Lage Saddlebags sold for 8 GM
Fishing kit sold for 10 GM

Thread List
Ronin

Character sheet
Artist (1)

CS Design Assistance

Postby Ren Tanor on April 6th, 2011, 12:05 am

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post65835.html#p65835 could you do mines all i want is a white wolf theme like my profile picture you can take out the bbcode that i already have. do what you want with it i just want a white wolf theme, i feel confident afetr looking at your previos work that you can make it look it look cool.
Last edited by Ren Tanor on April 6th, 2011, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Next