A Peculiar Door

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Peculiar Door

Postby Sevris on November 6th, 2021, 4:39 am

2nd Day of Fall, 521 AV

It was already early in the morning. Usually he would be enjoying the his day off training and studying. It was important he kept up with skills if he intended on gaining the ranks up again. Though that was suspended for this day. It was apparent that he would have to seek out the true meaning behind the magical door that appeared in Ravok. Strange enough it appeared without the Black Sun or Ebonstryfes knowledge.

This was troubling as nothing to this extent happened in the city without some expressed knowledge. But there was no meaning or explanation. Naturally this led Sevris to the large doors. Walking to the two other Ebonstryfe Soldiers standing guard.. He wrote down his information, letting them know he was stepping inside to see what they were dealing with.

Stepping past them and then opening the doors. The young Lazarin man was surprised to see what he saw. The door led him to a building that should not be able to exist in Ravok. It had taken him to somewhere else completely. Walking forward it all seemed to lead to a central area. A man was there to greet him as soon as he walked up.

"Hello there Traveler. I am Paul Resan. Welcome to the Outpost. Like many before you, have stumbled upon a door that lead you to another plane."

"I am Sevris Lazarin but-" Before Sevris could even ask more questions to sate his curiosity. The man began to elaborate more, giving him a brief description of the Dovecote they were in and how it led to The Outpost itself. The entire idea seemed crazy but the proof was right before his eyes. The man seemed real enough, this was no illusion. He even pointed out that they had a Bazaar that he should really try.

Rarely was Sevris utterly baffled, but when he gave him a map. This brought his focus back. He had almost forgotten why he came here in the first place. Paul began to emphatically point out where all the key points of interest are noted. And when he was done explaining all the business ventures that could be had here, it was all the information Sevris needed really.

"Why thank you. I hail from Ravok. This place is a marvel. I will enjoy my visit immensely with this information."

"No problem. Come by anytime especially if you want to learn more about Xyna." He said with a smile. He was certainly helpful.

Sevris was looking at the map as he walked away from Paul. This place would indeed be useful for Rhysol. He was already thinking of how.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Moritz Craven on November 6th, 2021, 1:36 pm

2 Fall 521

Moving from the sunny sand of Syka to the dry heat of the Outpost was in some ways less and in other ways more disturbing than going from the old climate of Lhavit to the outpost. Perhaps it was the difference of going from the wet air to the dry pressure of heat that made the difference, but Moritz still felt a bit odd each time he stepped into the outpost from Syka. Of the two he felt he preferred the wet heat of Syka, though of the other options he much preferred the cooler climate of Lhavit when dealing with temperature alone.

Of course the reason he went anywhere had little to do with temperature, and he knew if needed he could always find shade and drink some water what with the overflowing plentiful fountains everywhere in the hot and dry outpost.

Taking a step with his sandal covered foot Moritz held up a hand to cover his head a bit from the sudden beating heat and light as he stepped into another place. Today he was wearing his dark toned silk outfit made up all of one piece, though which buttoned up the front. It only left his feet, hands, neck and head bare, covering all else, which he felt was good to avoid so much of his body being beaten by the suns heat. It also for some reason had a spot where his name was displayed, something that appeared any time he donned it. Besides visibly wearing his sandals the young kelvic also had a bracelet on one wrist which by some magical nature could not be removed and so was always worn.

Alongside that Moritz had his weapon harness stretching across his torso, currently only holding a single large scabbard horizontally across his back just above his waist, this holding his pair of swords of an uncommon style. Due to this they were a bit tricky to draw, at least until it had been practiced a bit. Even he still had issues, and someone more used to a normal opening scabbard that simply required one to pull would likely be momentarily perplexed as they tried to draw the weapon.

Over his harness Moritz had his pack, this holding some quantity of money in case of spending being needed, along with various other common tools and items he kept like food and water and a map. The only odd item was a lump of stone or glass which was in truth Skyglass, something he liked to keep as it reminded him of home where he had found the item and where such substance was much more common. Though not this one, since unlike normal made skyglass it had fallen fully formed.

As he exited the entrance he quickly located the man handing out maps, and saw him talking to another man. However as he began to head in that direction he noticed they quickly finished talking and the new man began heading off. Moritz eyed him for a moment but did not notice anything particularly distinct or of note about him, at least not that he found of note. The man had only taken a few steps from the map giving man when said man noticed Moritz and greeted him. "Ah, Moritz, how are you today!"

Moritz nodded, moving his eyes from the new man to the map man before responding after a few moments pause to consider.

"I am fine thank you. And who is your new friend here, a new guest to the Outpost? It seems there are always new people, aren't there? Anything interesting happen since I was last here?"

Moritz queried the man, at the moment forgetting his name, and so focusing the conversation on the new person. He himself was normal enough he felt, though many humans would find his kelvic led features odd. Namely his odd hair which seemed unnatural in hue to most, and his goat like square black eyes surrounded by other sunburst markings which indicated him as an Iraso to those in the know. Of course being eyes such subtle characteristics were lost until inspected more closely, and the hair tended to be noticeable first due to its coloration of large streaks of pastel purple and pink. He was also a bit on the taller side, nearing six foot tall, and still somewhat young possibly not done growing.

WC: 731
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Sevris on November 15th, 2021, 5:55 am

There was no expecting what he would see after learning the ins and outs of the The Outpost from Paul. It was just more information needed for his mission here. Finding out as much as he could from this mysterious place. While he was making use of the map and learning the layout of the place. He looked up and notice someone making their way to him. Sevris was noticeable with his tall figure and black silk outfit with a small Lazarin symbol emblazoned on the back. It would be rare for someone outside of Ravok to notice. His longsword attached to his belt, he was usually armed.

Especially on this journey into a strange world. Paul was the first to greet the other person. Sevris looked at his features and they seemed familiar, as if he had seen people like that before. His name after the Solider overheard was a new one to him, 'Moritz, was the name. Paul seemed to know him, so Sevris would make his name know as well.

"Greetings there. It is true that I am a new guest. The name is Sevris." The Soldier would say turning to the Kevlic. He was meeting new people very quickly. Stil unsure how reactions will go.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Moritz Craven on November 15th, 2021, 10:50 pm

As Moritz neared the man he saw he was likewise armed, though with a different kind of blade than Moritz' own odd one. In truth he had yet to see another person other than his master who used one, it being a somewhat odd weapon perhaps even particular to Lhavit. Though he assumed that if he took the time he could fine one in the Outpost, it seemed to have pretty much anything else one could want so having something like that seemed to make sense.

The man struck Moritz as a bit odd in that he offered his name, Sevris, but said nothing else. No questions. No continuation. Not anything. Which made a conversation rather tricky, and left the youth wondering if the man even wanted to talk. Or perhaps he was just shy?

"Oh you know the same old things Moritz, this place does not change too much, only the wares do!" Moritz paused for a moment, seeing the smiling look on the map mans face, and wondering if that had been intended as a joke... Maybe something involving money, since it was Xyna's outpost and giving someone change was a thing one did with money? If that wasn't it then Moritz was at a loss for what the joke was, not that he found that one funny.

"Right... Well anyways... Welcome to the Outpost Sevris. Here for anything particular? I think the map shows a good number of places, but I imagine I know some of the more common ones on it. I think most people go straight to the bazaar to shop around. Looking for anything specific on this visit? This whole place is all about making money and commerce, but then it is Xyna's."

Giving the man some time to answer Moritz would continue, looking about the entrance area of the outpost before turning back to meet Sevris' eyes.

"I've just come to browse today, nothing specific on the agenda. I wouldn't mind showing you around if you have a place in mind. Mainly I just browse the weapon stands and sellers here, there are quite a few of them and a wide variety as with anything of the bazaar. What kind of weapon do you have? I see you have one as well, though of a different type than mine. Me myself I'm not really looking for anything specific just... I figure I'll know it when I see it, if something catches my eye, you know?. How about you?"

WC: 415
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Peculiar Door

Postby Sevris on November 16th, 2021, 6:39 am

Here in the The Outpost it seemed as if Paul would be the most well connected person. Everyone seemed to run by him, his familiarity with Mortiz. Sevris would notice that in particular, perhaps he should return some time later and learn about Xyna. He had no particular interest in other Gods but all knowledge was useful once learned and applied. Sevris was short with Moritz at first. It had been sometime since he wasn't surrounded by the army. The slaves at his mansion didn't fare better for conversation either.

Moritz first welcomed him, then ask him his interest into the place. "I must admit. When I stepped through the door, I had no idea what I would find. Everything has my interest it seems. Especially making money." Which was true in a sense. The idea of making a business and marketing with people all over Mizahar was indeed a large step for the Lazarin family.

"But as you've noticed," Sevris pointing to the sword on his sash that he asked about. "This is a well crafted longsword. To my knowledge, there aren't many like it. Your blade is quite unique as well. I have not seen it in my travels before. I think I'll take that offer to explore this place. Perhaps we both can find something at th weapon stands as well."

There seemed to be even more places of interest on the map as well. Though it was a mission for the Ebsontryfe. So far it was the most pleasant mission he had ever been on. He would walk behind once Mortiz would start to lead them.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Moritz Craven on November 21st, 2021, 4:45 pm

Moritz was a bit confused by the mans reasoning for coming here. Was he an explorer that he took interest in a new place without knowing what it was just for being a new place? He himself had visited when rumors had widely spread among Lhavit and he had heard of the full details from a classmate of how it worked and what was there. Namely a place of trade. This man though seemed to indicate he had almost... Stumbled in without any knowledge of the place? Either he was quite odd, or lying. Or both.

"Wait, so you only just learned of this place when you went through? Has no one around your city been inside before? I first visited seasons ago, and people back in my old city had heard of it before I went in which was how I learned of it. Did you just wander into a random place and end up here or something? Or how did no one else find it before?"

Having voiced it in such a way it made Mortiz wonder where the man was from. Where the people there just very cautious? Or was there some other reason no one had entered... Or, once again, was the man just lying? Or was he perhaps misunderstanding the mans words or taking something too literally? He spoke through them again in his head, but he could not see in which way he might be misinterpreting the mans words.

Then something else occurred to Moritz. Making money? He had bought things here, but he had never sold anything. And he did not feel it was too easy to do so, what with the large number of competitors and skilled people of various trades... So was this man planning to pick up some trade here and sell some ware?

"Uh, it is a place of trade, but what are you planning to do to make money? I've been here quite a few times, and I've only spent money not made any. Do you have some valuable highly desired skill, or such that you can trade? This place is big, but I don't think I've seen any product that does not have a dozen trading in it. I don't think just anyone would be able to trade here, you would be driven out of business if you did things improperly."

Moritz looked over the man, but did not see anything that clear indicated his wares. Or skill, if it was an ability and not a physical thing... So what did this man believe he was skilled enough in or had a good enough access to so that he could sell it?

Referring to his own blade the man indicated he wielded a longsword, which was something Moritz was fairly certain he had seen and heard of before, but did not himself wield and so did not know too much about. Though considering how odd his own weapon was, it being the one his master had taught him in which was how he began using it, most weapons by his owns oddity would likely be more common.

Looking at the sword he did not see anything too odd about it, so was unsure what the man said made it so... Well crafted.

"It just looks like a normal sword. Why is it special? And this? This is a tiger hook sword, it was the weapon my combat master instructed me in and so it is the one I am learning to use. I am unsure where she learned of it from. Though my weapons, I suppose they are also special in a way, as my mother used her own skills on them... Though I doubt that is the same type of special you were indicating as for your weapon."

Thinking on weapons Moritz was reminded that his mother had used her masterful Spiritism to imbue his blades with soul mist, making them a powerful weapon against ghosts.

When the man accepted Moritz offer of guidance the young kelvic nodded, looking around for a moment to get his bearings before striking off with his long legged pace. The bazaar itself was not too hard to find, though once they entered the noise volume would likely increase due to the increase in passing people.

Heading off in the direction Moritz took a few turns, mentally picturing the basic layout of the place in his head as they moved.

"Just be prepared, as there a lot of people. So there is a lot of noise, and smells, and things. It can be a bit... Overwhelming, at times."

After another turn the entrance of the Bazaar came into view, heard and smelled before seen by eyes. Upon entering Moritz got the attention of a passing Keiss and asked for some directions. While he could find the bazaar by memory, it being a big and easy to locate place, specific things within were much harder to find.

"Excuse me, sir. We are looking for the weapon booths or things. Do you know the way?"

WC: 842
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Peculiar Door

Postby Sevris on November 22nd, 2021, 5:59 am

The man seemed confused as to reason why he had appeared. It would be too much information to explain. Namely the work of the Ebonstryfe and the Black Sun. For the purpose of this mission, he was only here to explore. The young Soldier had already learned a lot of information on the place. However there was to much to absorb in a single setting. He would have other Black Sun members go inside as well. "I am not sure how long this place has existed. However it appeared just a few days ago in our city of Ravok.

We have no idea where it came from and no one seemed to know what it was or if it posed a danger. So I took it upon myself to enter, to see what we were getting ourselves into. But it seems it was a good choice, it was a door to opportunity.
" Mortiz looked at Sevris's Longsword and didn't see what he meant by well crafted. It took a while for Sevris to notice as well when he first acquired the weapon.

"After a few battles, and comparing to other swords. Its sharper, and doesn't seem to chink or get dull. I've had it for years." Moritz also explained the type of weapon he had as well. There were many types of warriors he had not come across yet. His time in Sunberth was enlightening but this was also new. He then began to lead him to the Bazaar.

Being sure to map the route in his head as he became familiar with the Outpost himself. It was easy for him, Sevris noticed. Putting two and two together, others have had access to this place for sometime. This meant there was something interrupting the gate from opening before.

Rhysol.

Nothing happened in his city without his say so. This was becoming an interesting venture. Maybe he was being tested by the God again. He was warned about the noise and smell of the bazaar. But he had been around the rotting armies of the Yukmen and Zith. But it was still up there. The area was bustling with traffic and people. All walks of life made their past them.

Sevris was there just absorbing it all when Moritz came upon another man. Asking him for the directions to the weapon booth. The man who was older than both of them, gave them a cheeky smile before pointing a little ways down. Past a moving group of potential buyers. When they moved the view became more clearer.

There was a booth outfitted with weapons and shields all over it. "Thanks." Sevris waved to the man and the two would walk over the weapons booth. When they got there, there was strong and burly woman with dirty blonde hair. The shop was definitely different from any shop that he had seen before. He was trying to take in all the assortments before the woman said, "What ya looking for?" Sevris gave a quizzical look before peering over to Mortiz.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Moritz Craven on November 26th, 2021, 1:44 am

Moritz wondered on the mans words, explaining why he was new and did not know anything. Apparently, according tot he man, his city had just gained access to the outpost. This was new to Moritz as all he had heard of other cities was the outpost and its linkage by dovecote appearing seasons past. Why one city would be after the others made Mortiz wonder. Why was it different? What was special about Ravok? He did not recall hearing of the city before so was unsure what was different about it, though he only had other cities he had been to for comparison.

Lhavit was the city he had first visited the outpost from seasons past, and it was a big full formed city there for a long time. On the other hand more recently he had been visiting from Syka, which was a newer settlement... But then even it had a access point from much prior... So size was not the issue. Though he tried to think on it logically since he knew so little about Ravok he did not have enough information to figure out what made it different.

"I don't think I've met anyone from Ravok before, nor have I heard of the city. What sort of place is it? As for the dovecote opening.... That is curious, I wonder why it would only just open there... Do you have any ideas? I've accessed it from cities that were big and old, as well as small new ones, and they both had outpost dovecotes. So I am curious why this city Ravok would be different. Any suppositions even?"

The long sword Sevris spoke on according to the man was special in some ways, namely in that it was sharper... And also perhaps more durable... Looking at it the sword looked normal though, so Moritz was unsure what made this one different.

Thinking on that Moritz recalled back to when he had gotten his own swords, though those were made of an unusual material- namely cold steel or cold iron as some called it. It was better than normal steel, but he vaguely recalled hearing things of better ones...

"Hmm... I wonder if that is related to the material, or some process in how it was made? My own swords are made of cold steel or cold iron rather than normal steel, do you know what makes this one different? Like does it just appear to be normal steel? Or perhaps something else was done to it to make it better? Do you know anything of its crafting, or what was done to make it so? Or perhaps... Do you know where you got it from? That could also be informative."

After getting directions the two headed off to inspect a booth with weapons. This one had a decent selection, though focused mainly on weapons and shields of a certain type. Looking off to the side he saw another one that had another assortment of weapons, and the booth past that had even more different ones. Rather than all stocking the exact same thing and directly competing they mainly held different items, though with a bit of overlap. The booth had swords, while that one also did, but it did not have shields, but it also seemed to carry some smaller weapons like knives.

Sevris however seemed to be focused on the first one, and so for the moment Moritz returned his focus to this first one.

"Just browsing for the moment. Looking for something... Of interest."

Remembering one of his earlier questions, Moritz realized Sevris had not actually answered one at all. Or more to the point, had avoided it. This left Moritz wondering if it was by accident, such as forgetting one question, or purposely changing the topic and avoiding answering... He was however not too skilled at questioning people, and so his queries tended to be pretty straightforward. He was working on some finesse, but had not yet mastered the art of getting people to tell him things he wanted to know. In some ways the young kelvic thought of words being used the same way fists would, a battle of minds and words spit back and forth. Though that tended to have less literal outcomes than actually punching someone.

"Oh yeah, you never actually answered my question. You spoke of making money, but you never said. What great trade or skill do you have? And what do you do? You seem old enough to have a... Whats it called... Career. I'm still young, I have not really settled on anything specific. I don't plan to keep doing what I'm doing now forever. Maybe I'll settle down when I'm a bit older, five or six maybe... Yeah, that would probably be good. But till then, I'm still settling. But you seem a bit older."

If Sevris did shop Moritz would watch, taking in the wares along with whatever took in the mans interest. He himself was unsure what he wanted, but did have a few interests. Mainly he just wanted something of a differing range than the tiger hook swords he already had. Which would mean either a longer range weapon, a shorter ranged one, or a long range weapon like a bow or something. Though what of those types would be suitable for his particular style he was unsure of.

WC: 896
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Peculiar Door

Postby Sevris on November 29th, 2021, 3:46 am

As he had expected, Moritz had not heard of Ravok before. No telling there would be a a large influx of people coming from the city in due time. With the amount of commerce and people here, the merchants would go crazy with joy. This was a good opportunity for people to get a good impression of the city. "Ravok is a beautiful city. Its located near the northern coast of Sylira." While he was sure it was Rhysol's influence that had paused its creation. He could not fathom the reason why.

Gods worked in mysterious ways. You were better of leaving them to their own devices. "Nothing comes to mind to this phenomenon. The entire Outpost is a marvel on its own. I believe some research is in order. A place to start would be with Xyna it seems."

The Kelvic inquired more on the longsword at his hip. "I'm not sure how it was crafted. I got it from a friend after a time in need. But haven't seen them since." This was the first time he had spoken of Liandra. The friend he met during his Crucible. Right after he met Rhysol himself.

There were many assortment of weapons and items alike. None that caught his attention quite yet. He had an assortment of choices from the barracks of the Vitrax. However, he knew a Nitrozian who would be utterly glee with this amount of weapons to traffic. "Well my idea of making money lies in my families interest. Once they know what is here I'm sure they will send someone better suited here to trade goods. My job is to work in the military, so my talents lay in bearing arms."

Which was true. He has better off on the battlefield. But he was sure if he wanted to become a Paladin again. His bartering skills would come into play one day. "You sound like you have time to figure it out. Sometimes the journey itself will show you the way." Sevris said attempting to part some wisdom from his own failures.

He examined the wares and concluded that maybe they could be useful trading what they found when battling the Yukmen and the Zith from the Wilds. "Very interesting. I wonder if they have magic items here as well." Sevris wondered aloud.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

A Peculiar Door

Postby Moritz Craven on November 29th, 2021, 10:44 pm

If Moritz offhandedly noting he was not yet five years old was not enough to startle the man, then likely nothing would. For Moritz his age was normal and something that often came up in passing and so he felt no need not to mention it. At least not until after it was said, and then past experience had shown him how people tended to react... Others usually did comment when it was said. From past experience, something Moritz considered after saying it but not before, then reasonably the man was either very blase or... Not really paying much attention to what the kelvic was saying. At least those seemed the most likely reasons to the Kelvic.

After all for some odd reason, unknown to the Kelvic and beyond his understanding of how anyone would think so, most did assume he was a human, and so him making a comment that would not make sense in the context of a human was usually reacted to. Or, Moritz reasoned, perhaps the man just had that vague an idea of ages of children such that it did not register as odd for his size and visible age?.

As the man told Moritz of his city, Ravok, he nodded along but still questioned. He tended to be more trusting when an unknown and possibly biased person said bad things about something, rather than good. If it was the persons own city though where they took up residence, and they only said good things... Well then it begged to reason if they were not being blinded somewhat of the reality of the city.

Or at least, Moritz reasoned, that they might paint a rosier picture of the city than what the truth would say. Moritz had good things to say about Lhavit, but also bad, and if telling people of it would try to give equal measure to both. But if this man was only focusing on the good... Well then either it truly was a perfect place, something that did not seem very likely, or... Or he was lying. Or being deceptive, perhaps even to himself but deceptive all the same.

"Right, and Sylira is... Where exactly? You said it was on the north end of Sylira, but I've never been there. I'm from Lhavit originally, over in Kalea. Its basically one big mountain if you've not heard of it. I've got no idea where Sylira is in relation to that. And now I'm down south of there. So I've never been to... Sylira."

Over the last few seasons, what with his travel and all, Moritz had heard from various people about various places. Likewise in coming to the Outpost he had met people from various places. But most he had never heard of before. From this and other peoples lacking idea of where he was from as well Moritz was fairly certain most people did not travel much. Or at least most did not travel to Kalea from other places, or vice versa from Kalea to other places. But then... Reasoning it out... It was a mountain, and not so easy to travel, so perhaps that played a part.

Seeing as the man had already been deceptive once, either directly or indirectly, he felt his other answer saying he did not have any idea of why the dovecote was new and therefore access to the Outpost from Ravok also new he took it was a grain of salt. Perhaps he was telling the truth, and had no idea... Or perhaps he was being dishonest. He was unsure why, but the more he spoke to the man, the more he was left feeling like he kept a false face. Like when Moritz tried to smile as social conviction often dictated. It just came off as... Off... Perhaps this man was also similarly being non-genuine, and Moritz was perceiving that? He did not trust his own awareness of social cues to trust that, but felt it was a positive improvement that he had even noticed such a thing and considered it as a possibility. Admittedly backed up by other inconsistencies and reasoning, but still a win he felt for his own progress.

When the man explained of his sword Moritz was a bit disappointed, having hoped he could learn something about what made the weapon special. It did not seem however that the man knew, and so he was left to wonder instead... In fact having received it from a friend who he no longer saw, the chance of asking again seemed unlikely and so not worth requesting. It did not seem like it was a recent acquisition, and if he still had not met him since then... Well then meeting them now was unlikely.

"Oh. It must be a pretty good friend, if they trusted you with a special weapon as you said it was, and then did not even bother to come back to seek it out. I don't know I would trust someone with something clearly of value like that without any plan to get it back or making it clearly a permanent exchange of ownership..."

Thinking on this Moritz looked at the man with his odd Okomo Iraso eyes, wondering. Was it truly a friend? How good of a friend would it take to not collect such a thing afterwards? Or was the person perhaps dead, and could not collect? Was it truly a gift, or was it taken or stolen... He was unsure, but as with much the man said he felt a bit odd at his words. As if he was missing something. Perhaps it was his logical awareness kicking in, combining facts and things in various new ways, but he did feel a niggling at the edge of his brain.

At the mention of the business not being his own but his families Moritz nodded, looking off into the distance at the weapons stands as he spoke. He moved his eyes from one item to the next, perusing each in turn while wondering on them.

"Mmm... Family. Family can be complicated, particularly when business is involved. My mother is always trying to get me to follow in her steps and take up her trade. Honestly, I don't think I'm very good at it. I'm not sure what really I'm most talented in. Its nice you know what you do best, fighting and such with weapons. Me... I think I'm best with my eyes, but I'm not quite there yet with those either. Maybe some day. Though I suppose that could be said about anything you are not too good about now. Though honestly... I'm not sure what I'd even do to make a living with them... I train in weapons and such as well, hence my interest in looking around here, but I'm not too skilled at those either."

Moritz was slowly getting better with his Iraso sight, and slowly gaining more understanding of what it could do. But he was still relatively new to the gift, and did not understand its full implications. Syka being what it was, which was where he lived then, he did not see many opportunities to use it in trade. But with that reasoning, perhaps more need would exist in a bigger city like his home of Lhavit.

Hearing of Sevris' service as a member of the military Moritz reasoned Ravok had to be a decently sized place. Lhavit after all had the Shinya, a formal militant group, and was a big place. Syka on the other hand was a small settlement, and did not really have an official military. But then, did it really need one?

"Oh, what does a military person in Ravok do. I've seen the Shinya back in Lhavit, but I'm unsure what all such people would do in other places. Or are the Shinya technically considered military... I'm not really sure."

Moritz was not really sure what that meant, glancing far off as he thought over the mans words... The journey to figure it out, would in and of itself... Help figure it out? What?

"I'll be honest, that sounded like a bunch of gibberish to me. I've no idea what you mean. I think you might be being a bit too metaphorical for me. Like... In that context, which part of what or doing what is the figuring, or the journey? As for magic items, if people know they are magic I doubt they would just be left out with other common weapons. What sort of them are you looking for. And how would you even tell them apart if you saw them? I doubt they all like... Glow or something...

Pausing Moritz realized something, that magic involved djed, and he could see djed! Which meant, if he was to look at two items side by side, and one was magical then... He should be able to tell them apart!

"Actually, I wonder if my eyes... hmmm... Maybe another time. But anyways... What sort of magic are you looking for? I've actually got one, this bracelet here, but it mainly just seemed to be magically stuck to my wrist. You can try and take it off if you'd like."

Noting this Moritz would raise one wrist, showing a small charm bracelet with a single charm on it.

Having not used it much before Moritz did not much understand it, but in truth it did have another effect besides not being able to be removed. Though that other effect activated by touch, namely when Moritz touched someone while wearing it. And him wearing it was all the time, seeing as he could not remove it. But being who he was, Moritz did not often touch people and so had not fully come to understand this aspect of it and so did not think to mention it or warn Sevris if he did touch Moritz.

WC: 1,648
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next