I'm Bad at Intro Titles

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

I'm Bad at Intro Titles

Postby Tarmac Djinn on December 23rd, 2021, 1:54 am

Hello everybody! My name is Sam. I'm an electrician's apprentice with a love for writing which I have reinvigorated the past two months. This interest most recently started with reading The Chronicles of Narnia series and moving on to my old favorite, The Lord of the Rings.

Since elementary school I have loved reading. I recall reading books like Tuck Everlasting and Freak the Mighty in fifth grade. In middle school I dived into the ever popular Hunger Games series and the Bartimaeus Sequence series. But what is hands down the most inspiring series I read at that time was The Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell and Paul Stewart. The ten book series (now upgraded to thirteen, I believe) included both my love for writing and illustration. Entirely original fantasy, the world and characters were compelling and remain vivid in my mind.

Before high school, I was an avid reader, writer, and illustrator. Since that time my interest dwindled in pursuit of music and academic excellence. After leaving college, I realize I have abandoned many of the things I love. Beginning the notes for my book and brainstorming other writing opportunities to fill the time, I remembered Mizahar. I was first introduced to the website when I was thirteen, and the lore took me aback. Now twenty and with time to spare, I believe myself competent and mature enough to engage Mizahar for the first time.

I hope you are all doing well despite the confusion of Covid. Merry Christmas and god bless you all!

PS Looking at the trend for the past few posts, Gossamer may be the only member to send a welcoming comment my way. The website looks good Goss! I'm impressed you've managed the site since '09. I look forward to writing with you. :D
Tarmac Djinn
Player

Words: 594
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2021, 3:54 am
Race: Human

I'm Bad at Intro Titles

Postby Zach Grasswind on December 23rd, 2021, 10:12 am

Hey, welcome to Miz!
You sound like me - I was the same when I was a kid and loved all the creative things. When I found Mizahar it rekindled that love for me. You sound like you'll fit in great here :)

Come join us on Discord. A bunch of us hang out there every day. We can try and answer questions quicker too if you have any!

Looking forward to having you write with us!

- Zach
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

I'm Bad at Intro Titles

Postby Alric Lysane on December 23rd, 2021, 1:14 pm

Hello Hello!

Welcome and much fun writings to you! See you in chat at some point!

~ Andy
~ Thanks to Gossamer/Shiress for post Boxcodes ~
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Words: 1010203
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

I'm Bad at Intro Titles

Postby Gossamer on December 23rd, 2021, 2:27 pm

Welcome To Miz!

I see each new player like a present to the website. I hope the site will bring you as much joy as new faces do to us. Let us know what you like to write about. Maybe we can get some plots going for you.

And if you need any help or just want to socialize jump into the discord app. Its link is in your welcome pm in your inbox messages.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)