It was a new day. (Ren Tanor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on March 30th, 2011, 7:03 pm

The smile now on Reaver's face was well hidden behind his mask. His head first tilted to the side a bit, then he took the time to look at his work. It was proceeding smoothly, just needed to keep the effort going. He could feel that himself, but the visual confirmation reassured him. He nodded at Ren, as his muttering wasn't to be interrupted at this stage of the process. Reaver noted how hard it was to hold a conversation while casting this spell. He felt he had need to practice now, it seamed a bother at this point.

As the spell proceeded, it would then grow about the length of his thumb, ((20 seconds left,) then of his larger fingers, ((10 seconds left,)) and if given the time, just short of the size of his hand, where he'd stop muttering and lower his hands. ((I'll be sure to let you interrupt with more questions as you feel need be during the process. I'll answer any of those in my next post, along with what he does with his nice black plate.))
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 1st, 2011, 8:57 pm

The blob of blackness continued to bob around in front of Ren. Ren stared even more intently at the floating object, his eyes eyes moving up and down in a smooth succession as they followed the slight bobbing of the blob.

"Is it dangerous" Ren asked not even waiting for a reply before he reached out to touch it.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 1st, 2011, 10:38 pm

Reaver nodded at the question. As Ren reached for it, he'd scoot back a bit, the portal reluctantly moving with him. Once finished, he'd answer the questions proper. "Now, without needing my chant at this point, this is a hole, a path, if you will. It is very dangerous, as all magic is, but this one from a different perspective."

Reaver took his hands from it, grabbed the fish now having trouble moving about, and dropped it though. The fish, rather then sit on the plate, fell through it, but didn't fall out the bottom.

"I can't remove anything I've put there, which would include your hand. You are very curious, and perhaps not as afraid of the unknown as you should be. I like that trait. You asked what my skills were, this is another part of the answer." With that, the darkness pulling the world out of place began to vanish, and in a moment was gone.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 3rd, 2011, 1:55 am

Ren watched awestruken as the glob of darkness disapeared. "A portal you call it, where would my hand go if I placed it inside of it?" Ren asked as his stomach start to make a growling noise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 3rd, 2011, 6:02 am

"To the other side." A simple response, but clearly vague, intentionally so. "It's hard to find out. It takes time, something I've used a lot of, and practice. How hard is it to learn your talents?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 3rd, 2011, 2:28 pm

"Camoflauge is a simple skill all you need to know is what plants to find and how to aply it" Ren said. "One skill i havent learned is magic and all in it. But dwelling on desire is futile cause it almost never happens" Ren said as he sighed
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 4th, 2011, 5:13 am

"You, have troubles reaching your desires? Maybe your desires are just difficult to reach. Everything takes effort, and from my knowledge in magic anything that could be seen as a reasonable desire is not unachievable."

Reaver will think for a while.

"If I taught you something about magic, would you teach me something of how to defend myself? Learning to keep my existence going doesn't seem too difficult a desire, just a matter of how long it takes to learn. It sounded as if you had a desire to learn magic. I should warn you now, 'Magic' isn't a single skill, but a very wide variety of them. I could teach you something, but everything is quite a desire. I don't know if you have that time."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 4th, 2011, 5:55 am

Rens eyes lite up. "Yes, its a deal" Ren said his voice rising higher with every word until he was practicaly screaming in delight, "how soon could we start" Ren asked? "Where could we practice" Ren asked blurting out every question that came to his mind.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on April 4th, 2011, 7:41 pm

"We could start now, if you don't mind the smell of death that permeates my house. With a little rearranging and some paint, I could teach you how to tell things to move with power of their own. Or, with risk of insanity, I could teach you how to make those, as you called them, portals. Just know, once you start the path of magic, those around you lose the ability to trust you. In many areas of the world, being an outcast for race pales in comparison to being outcast for magic... but in Ravok they lay about the same. If you find an exception to that, feel free to send me a letter."

Reaver will stand up, and move to his house. Getting aboard, he'll slide open the side door. He'll stand there a moment thinking, and then invite Ren up. Gesturing to the coffin, he'll then indicate he wants it against the wall under his bookshelf. Reaver moves to one side of the coffin, and waits for Ren on the other. "My strength isn't much, keep in mind my combat capability is limited when it comes to terms of physical fitness."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on April 4th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Ren stepped into Reavers house, on the way to reavers house Ren had thought up a answer to reavers question. "Moving objects with there power and I will not be an outcast I am the leader of my pack and it is my duty to protect all in it" Ren said proudly. Rens stomach growled louder this time, "before we start would you like to come with me to eat" Ren asked?
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

PreviousNext