Would this be possible?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Would this be possible?

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 28th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Warning: Not a review of any sort as I have yet to get myself a HD ticket, just wondering about this...
I thought of a new type of magic, but it might be covered under voiding or glyphing. I was thinking it would be a type of world magic. The general idea would be that you would draw a certain symbol on an object, and then, when you drew the symbol again, the object would appear for you to use. As the levels progress, you would be able to conjure bigger objects and from longer distances away. The danger would be in conjuring too large an object in too small a space and impaling yourself or destroying the object, and overgiving would come form trying to conjure something from too far away, or something too big. Like I said, it might be covered under voiding or glyphing, but I thought it might work as a new discipline.

Think this would be possible?
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Words: 8503
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Would this be possible?

Postby Solomon on March 29th, 2011, 2:58 am

I think it would be possible with a combination of both Voiding and Glyphing. Perhaps Magecraft and Glyphing.

The problem is, I am pretty sure we aren't really developing any new magics right now. We already have a wide range of World and Personal magics, and then there are all the Lost Magics... and then the Gnosis. Perhaps you should try making it an in-game goal to develop a new magic, or perhaps find a Lost Magic? <3
Solomon
Wise beyond his years

Words: 9399
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 9:14 am
Race: Staff account

Would this be possible?

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 29th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Lost magic? That sounds interesting. What are those?
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Words: 8503
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Would this be possible?

Postby Gossamer on March 29th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Anshun-

I totally appreciate your enthusiasm. We have tons of skills that need developed and you are completely and totally encouraged to work on one of those. However, currently we aren't taking any more submissions for magic or gnosis or even new Gods. The Founders are reserving the right to do that development on their own. It's been a long unspoken but well known fact to the game that we have this as a policy.

So, basically lost disciplines fall under magic and those will be developed in game from here on out usually by Tarot. I hope you understand... and please know that there are a TON of things that need work and that we'd welcome your help on. Magic, Gnosis, and the Gods are just not one of those things.

Thanks!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Would this be possible?

Postby Jilitse on March 29th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Hello Anshun,

Better yet, as Stitch has said, why don't you develop a new magic technique in game. Your ideas are possible, although it would take effort to practice, but it'd be great to RP them. It is really nice to see someone interested in magic! (Although we can't develop them thru wiki per se, we can still play them in-game) Don't be scared to try!

Here's a link to a short list of the Lost disciplines: http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Lost_discipline If you're interested in knowing more, send me a PM and I'll round up all the threads that you might be interested with.

-Jil
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)