Solo Delivering the Goods

After taking orders from the Spring, it's time to deliver them in the Summer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Delivering the Goods

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on June 21st, 2022, 12:17 am

Summer 1st, 522AV

Evalynn was having a very productive day at her job; packing orders, circulating the grasses under the sun, and gathering up fresh water. She felt like she was doing good for the work she was hired to do, and hadn't had a complaint since she got hired. But that was only in the spring, now it was summer and the weather was definitely much more of a challenge as keeping cool was damn near impossible. She wiped her brow as she finished loading up an order and grabbed some grasses to pack on top. Right as she was sliding on the lid and about to nail it in place, Nesra came over with a piece of paper and handed it to her.

"This is an order for Stu at the Tidepool Bar. It's just finished cooling and ready for delivery." Eva looked at the paper before taking it, a bit shocked by the amount of items she was to deliver. Such a large order and she didn't once see Nesra work on it, did she somehow have had it completed before she was hired and is just now having it delivered?

"Alright, I will get to it now. I just finished this order so I'll start delivering this one." She gave a smile and thumbs up, watching Nesra walk away before she went back to nailing down the lid. She wanted to deliver this crate first, but when Nesra brings her a specific order to deliver it takes priority over the one she is doing.

Eva walked over to where the finished pottery is placed and looked through for the ones with Stu's name. Once she found the pieces, she would pick them up and move them out of the group and over to a small area. She thought for a moment before stopping, she never took an order from Stu. In fact, she actually walked out before the offer was completed and didn't even return. She looked at the paper again and at the finished pieces, noticing that he had ordered about six of the one gallon jugs. Eva pursed her lips and sighed, stuffing the paper in her pocket and gathering up his jugs to set aside.

WC: 369

Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Words: 160390
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 12:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Delivering the Goods

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on June 21st, 2022, 12:59 am

Four was the most she could carry at once, comfortably, without feeling like she would drop and break them. Did she want to make more than one trip to this bar? No. But did she have a choice if she wanted these goods delivered safely? Also no. Eva grumbled as she trudged her way across the Commons, a jug under each arm and one in each hand. She looked like a waddling penguin covered in streams of sweat and face of determination. It was quite the sight to see if one was to pass by, giving someone the ability to chuckle at her situation and outward commentary.

And boy was there commentary, from simple lines of encouragement to stings of curse words when she felt a lot slipping and she had to stop and adjust. From the community kiln to the bar, she had stopped a total of 5 times and took roughly 20 more minutes than usual getting through the door. However, once she was there, Eva not so gently placed the jugs on the floor and let out an obnoxious sigh. She stretched her arms over her head and then bent side to side before looking around the area. Her entrance obviously gained a couple of looks from the patrons of the bar, but they weren't too concerned as she was looking for the owner.

"Ah! My jugs have arrived!" Stu announced gleefully across the bar and raised his arms as he approached. He went in for a hug of appreciation, but Eva raised her hand and stepped back, a cold look on her face. Stu only laughed and backed off with a nod, understanding that not everyone was a hugger.

"Sorry, I only hug one person. But yes, these are only four out of the six you ordered. I have to fetch the others." Eva gestured to the jugs then pointed over her shoulder to generalize where the others were. Eva then bent down and picked up the jugs, looking at Stu with a stoney expression. "So, where would you like these put? I'll carry them to the area."

But as she was sterling the jugs under her arms, Stu gave a laugh and grabbed the mouths of the jugs, gently but firmly taking them away. "Let me carry these for ya milady, and just follow me to the distillery. Just brewed a mean liquor just now, it's gna be a hit for this year's beach party. Am I expecting you to show up?"

Eva was a bit taken aback when Stu took the jugs and started walking away, but she just followed and listened. Alcohol was never something she had indulged in, nor was it something she learned about. So when Stu started talking about the brew he made, she just nodded outta cluelessness. Then she asked about the beach party and she furrowed her brow. There were beach parties? She had never seen nor heard of such things before. Were they something that happened at night? Eva was full of questions now, and she didn't know where to start her question barrage.

WC: 410

Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Delivering the Goods

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on June 25th, 2022, 10:21 am

"I never knew parties happened in Syka. Well, beach parties at least. It sounds interesting, and possibly quite fun, but I'm going to have to decline. I actually have an event idea I would like to do myself." She planned on doing an event in the commons to celebrate the end of spring, especially with the curses coming to an end. But then the looks on people's faces made it seem like some of them were still recovering. If the curses took that much of a toll on someone, she doubted that a get together was a great idea right off the bat.

Stu, however, seemed too delighted to hear about a get together and congratulated Eva on her efforts. He didn't seem too bummed out about her going to his beach party either, but did say that it was open to everyone at any time. Eva took that into consideration with a nod and set down the jugs, straightening herself and rubbing her hands together.

"Oh, actually, if I come to one of your beach parties, would you attend my get-together? Maybe you could bring something and I could make it a pitch in style." Eva raised a brow and gave a shrug meant to be one of thoughtfulness. To Eva, the offer seemed to be an even exchange as she was attending his party and she was getting a guest as well. It was optional to bring something, and sort of an impulsive idea that came into her mind as she was talking about it. "Actually, why don't you think of that and I'm going to go get your other two jugs."

Eva then gave Stu a quick and temporary goodbye before turning and heading out of the bar. Once outside, she closed her eyes and took in some deep breaths of fresh air, clearing her head from a fog that was starting to settle in. She didn't know what this feeling was, but she knew she did not like the way it made her feel. After a few slow, in and out breaths, Eva made her way back to the Commons. As she was walking up the slight hill, she laid her eyes on the giant monolith that erected itself overnight in Syka.

While she hardly gave it a glance, Eva took a moment to observe the new statue in the center of the area. There were symbols of gods and goddesses etched on the sides, none of them she knew anything about. The animals carved in the stone were also just as impressive, however, she felt uneasy looking at them for too long. She felt like she was being watched, and just as quickly as she came, she left and headed over to the kiln. She gave a small nod towards Nesra, who was walking behind the kiln, before leaning over and picking up the last two jugs.

WC: 482

Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Delivering the Goods

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on June 27th, 2022, 11:22 pm

She made her way back through the Commons and down to the beach, towards the bar. By this time, it was already past high noon, heading into the thirteenth hour of the day. The heat was at its hottest and now sweat was rolling down her skin. Any slight breeze that would come off the ocean caused Eva to let out a sound of delight as she now trudged her way across the hot sands. Eventually, she made it back to the bar and under the shade of the building, gently plopping the jugs down and taking in the cool shade. For some reason, there was also more of a breeze in the building too despite there being no breeze outside.

"Oh! Your back! Great timing mah dude, come check out this killer brew!" Stu waved Eva over to the bar and held up a glass filled with some kind of amber liquid. She figured it was alcohol, but she was unfamiliar with that part of life to know what kind. Eva gave a simple shake of her head and immediately the crowd all let out a simultaneous 'awe'. Eva furrowed her brow as the disappointed crowd tried to get her to try at least a sip.

"I'm sorry, but I am actually working right now. Drinking and working is not a good practice to have." Eva attempted to make an excuse, one that sounded valid to her, but the crowd all scoffed and used Stu as an example of why that excuse didn't work. Eva still gave a shake of her head and picked up the jugs, listening to Stu grab their attention again with another drink. With her back turned, she released her breath she had been holding when the crowd confronted her. Having so many eyes on her made her nervous, but she had to keep a steely nerve to make it.

Once inside the distillery, she set the jugs down with the others and went to turn and leave, when Stu came into the door and smiled. He asked her to wait a second and waved her over as he dug into his pocket. Out he pulled five silver coins and asked for Eva's hand, explaining that he knew it wasn't much but he was thankful that she was able to deliver the jugs. This gesture made her feel slightly confused for a second as he placed the coins in her hand, but she only nodded and said thank you.

"I'll make sure to let Nesra know you're thankful to her as well." This came with a smiled from tu before he gestured that she could leave. And leave she did, not too quickly, but she started to get that weird feeling again and she wanted away. The feeling did go away once she was outside, but in the back of her mind, she had to remember that his distillery was a very dangerous place to linger at and wondered if that is why Stu seemed so chill and laid back.

WC: 505

Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes