Breakfast Club [Zeek]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 2nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

8th of Spring, 511 AV

The running water was hot; steam rose from the sink into Vala’s face. She finished rinsing off the soap in between every finger, reaching all the nooks and crannies before drying her hands with a nearby towel. She respectfully handed it to another Avora chef that just finished washing their hands.

The fruit and veggie portion of Wind Reach’s midday meal had already been picked out, even though the morning meal had yet to begin. Not feeling hungry, not even a little peckish, Vala decided to volunteer for an hour before eating and going to work. Chef Davoid had put her to work with the other fruit and veggie cutters, almost as if she knew Vala found the repetitive motion with its distinctive rhythm, albeit mind numbing, a little relaxing.

Bright emerald green kiwis, five to be exact, were lined up, perfectly on the counter. In another row, right behind them, were six lusciously vivid green cucumbers. The counter looked like a lush valley. With her favorite beat up knife in hand, Vala picked up the smallest of the cucumbers, it was still a little early and she wanted to warm up first.

She practiced the cutting motion on air, before even touching the vegetable, rocking the knife from base to tip, base to tip, base to tip, until her wrist felt limber. Using her left hand to hold the vegetable in place, Vala began to slice the cucumber from one end. The first slice was too thick, the second slice too thin. It took her a few more tries before finally getting the perfect width. When she finished with the first cucumber she took a moment to stretch out her fingers; in her perfectionist eagerness, Vala had been gripping the knife too tightly, causing her hands to cramp.

Using the knife as a thin, precarious plate, Vala piled a third of the cucumber slices, and slid them into the bowl where all the cutters were placing their cut up veggies. She slid the rest of them in to empty her workspace again.

The next cucumber was a little mushier than usual: a challenge. Vala had to speed up the rocking motion of her slices; if she cut too slowly, trying to get the perfect width every time, then the vegetable would smush, and the slices would be sloppy. Vala squeaked when she cut dangerously close to her finger. The slices from the second cucumber were visually unappealing, but Vala was just glad she hadn’t gotten any blood on them.

Vala cut up the rest of the cucumbers in thirty chimes or so, giving her another half a bell to finish cutting up the kiwis.

Vala looked at the chef at her left side, cutting a kiwi. She leaned in, trying not to invade their space while watching them; Vala had never cut up a kiwi before.

She observed the chef cut up two and a half kiwis before attempting her first. It didn’t seem to hard – basically peel with knife and cut into slices like the cucumber.

It wasn’t as easy as she first thought. For one thing holding the fuzzy, oval fruit was a pain, thankfully Vala’s small hands didn’t feel too awkward, but she was torn between holding it too tight and smushing it, or holding it too lightly and dropping it. Vala realized she didn’t have the skill to peel the kiwi in the air yet, so she placed it gently on the counter and tried to peel there. Her first attempt was laughable. Only about half the kiwi’s fruit was left, after her murderous attempt to peal the fruit. It looked like a viscous green, jiggly cube. Vala sheepishly cut it up into square slices before sliding it into the cut fruit bowl.

The next kiwi didn’t turn out so bad. Vala was still having trouble peeling the small fruit, without wasting the innards, but at least more than half was left this time. Her fingers felt wet, sticky, and disgusting with the juices as she had to hold onto the peeled thing as she sliced it up. When she was sure no one was looking, she popped a thin, half slice into her mouth; she wanted to know what was so great about the danged fruit that was impossible to prepare; she was delightfully surprised at the sweet tangy taste. She popped another one in when no one was looking.

When Vala finished cutting up her share of the fruit and veggies, she took a clean towel and wiped down her station. She even washed up her own knife, just so she could hide it in the very back of the knife drawer, so that no one could find it but her.
After the delicious taste of the kiwis, Vala couldn’t wait to eat some breakfast. She would have to wait till the midday meal to get a taste of the emerald green treasure, but for now she was just looking to satiate her hunger.

She smiled at the other chefs who smiled back at the eager volunteer, before she walked out of the kitchen into the food line. It didn’t take too long for her to get her portion. The serving chefs, recognized her from working with them just a moment ago and they gave her a larger portion with a smile, bringing their finger to their lips, as it was their little secret. Vala giggled gratefully before scuttling off to an empty corner with her meal. It wasn’t as much as the Avora’s, and especially not as lavish as the Endal’s morning meal, but Vala was still grateful for the well prepared food, especially beaming with pride, knowing she helped.

Vala sat in a shaded corner, nibbling slowly, watching as others came in to eat, to break their fast, with a morning meal.
Last edited by Vala on May 31st, 2011, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 3rd, 2011, 9:16 pm

Zeek had woken up this morning with a pounding head. The last few days he had spent working extra hours in the Arms Gallery. Zeek had made a mistake, and willfully decided to take the extra work upon himself to correct his error. He had let a few sord blades, nearly halfway complete. Sit in the furnace for to long. The metal was near liquid by the time he remembered to pull them out. Rendering the near finished swords unworkable. And the entire process had to be started, from the beginning. His master, Master Luhn, refused to let anything other perfection leave his forge. So Zeek volunteered to fix his problem.

The extra hours in the heat of a blacksmith shop, the banging and echoing noises of metal on metal. Had taken it’s toll on his precious head. Zeek had a constant pain, his forehead felt as if it was going to explode into a show of sparks. He was miserable. Today if everything went according to plan, would be the last day he had to work late.

He slowly mad drug himself out of the comfort of his sleeping chambers, the only place he had found peaceful lately. He was starving, otherwise he was likely to skip yet another meal. Zeek had a habit of that lately, he would get so entangled in something that he zoned out. Seeming to forget even the basic of instincts such as feeding yourself. But long hours in the blazing heat, swinging heavy hammers took its toll on anybody. He was hungry, and refused to think about skipping the morning meal.

Zeek entered the Communal Kitchens a bit early. There were but a handful of others in sight. Zeek fell into line with the others, a sour look on his face. The Inarta behind the food line smiled pleasantly, and he returned a half hearted one back. Just because I am feeling shitty, doesn’t mean I have to make others feel the same right?. Zeek left the food line in a hurry, not recognizing any familiar faces. He decided to find a lonelier seat, to enjoy his meal.

He spotted one, a shaded corner with a lone occupant. He quickly decided it was the perfect find. The spot would not allow many people to sit, keeping the volume down. And the lighting was poor in the area, helping his pounding head. Zeek made his way quickly to the table, nodding politely to any he passed by. He plopped down on the hard stone seats, a jolt of pain flared into his head. Son of a…wow, she is cute His thoughts trailed off once he actually glanced at the other occupant. “Don’t mind me joining you do you?” He asked politely, his voice light. A friendly smile showed on his face. I have to make the best of every situation, right?
Zeek
Player

Words: 9833
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Character sheet

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 3rd, 2011, 9:49 pm

Vala looked up from her half finished meal, she was a slow eater, to the sight of a fairly built man. His icy blue eyes looked tired, but his smile was …frisky. “Of course, sir.” Vala smiled back, swallowing her last mouthful, trying to be polite. Too heavily muscled to be an Endal and too well dressed to be a Chiet or Dek – Vala assumed him to be an Avora, probably a blacksmith or something of the like. She wasn’t too fond of the craft but she respected what it did to the man’s figure. She found herself brushing strands of her crimson hair from her face, behind her ears, to reveal more of her porcelain skinned, face.

It was barely visible, but Vala’s sharp, piercing eyes, managed to catch the inkling of a pained grimace behind the man’s open friendliness. “Are you alright sir? Would you like me to fetch you a glass of water?” Vala offered, not out of pure kindness, she probably wouldn’t have offered to a dek, but because it never hurt to gain favor from the higher caste.

As time went by, the kitchen continued to fill with hungry citizens. A low buzz, of constant chatter, filled the room, but gracefully avoided the two’s more secluded corner.

OOC :
Don't forget Vala is a chiet and you will always have a level of superiority over her.
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 3rd, 2011, 10:25 pm

Zeek was a quick eater, and caught up to her half finished plate in a few moments. His hunger only growing with every bite. Perhaps I am hungrier then I thought He thought silently to himself. He pushed his food away for a moment. If he ate to much to fast, he would be useless all day with a stomach aching in pain, and a head thumping in unison. His day would really be unpleasant then.

He smiled at her question. He had forgotten that he was likely in a higher caste than her. She had to be polite, it was basically law. He waved his hand in rejection. “No thanks, water can’t solve my problems.” He said with another friendly smile. He studied her face as she brushed a few straggling strands of hair behind her ears. She was prettier than he originally assumed. Younger than him, but still attractive.

The noise in the kitchens was growing louder. Zeek turned from their secluded corner and scanned the surrounding area “great” he mumbled under his breathe as he turned back his breakfast partner. “What is your name?” He asked politely, holding back a cringe as a large group of people wondered into the kitchens. The noise was growing louder by the second.
Zeek
Player

Character sheet

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 3rd, 2011, 11:35 pm

They continued to eat in relative peace. Zeek packed down half his plate of food in five chimes, in what would have taken Vala half a bell to finish; she watched in relative awe. Hers was a good meal and Vala felt a little happy and light hearted in her satiated state. She pushed her empty plate to the side, ready to be picked up by the cleaner deks.

If he was just a smidge not as cute, Vala probably wouldn’t have bothered interacting with the man any further, after declining her offer of water. “My name’s Vala.” She offered a little too quietly, her words swallowed up by the growing noise. She tried to repeat it a little louder, ungracefully blaring it into Zeek’s ear. “My name’s Vala.” She coughed, her cheeks blushing a pale pink when she realized she had maybe raised her voice a little too much.

Zeek’s expression hardened, as he muffled another pained grimace. “Are you ok.” Vala held out her hand in an attempt to look worried, she even furrowed her brows to seal the deal. “You don’t look so good, sir” Her tone dipped lower, as she leaned in, while making sure not to make contact. “Are you sure you don’t need a glass of water? Some ice perhaps? I can get you a cup of ice from the kitchen store rooms if you like.” Vala fluttered, like a caring mother, to the right of Zeek. “What’s wrong sir?” Vala bit her pouted lips, widening her already child like eyes.

OOC :
No, Vala doesn’t actually care about Zeek (she’s a sociopath) but she’s pretty social… for a sociopath. Once her other threads get graded... her proper status as an 'actor' will be portrayed in her skills set. According to an outsider, she will look, sound, and appear truly genuine unless you have a Cheva mark and can see her soul (damn you Torc).
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 4th, 2011, 4:03 am

Zeek mimicked Vala and pushed his finished plate away as well. I was a good breakfast, would hold him over until the next dinner session. The Deks would take care of it, they took care of all the minor work in Wind Reach. Everyone had a purpose here, every had to serve in order to survive.

Zeek tried listening intently when she first said her name. A large group of people now swarming the kitchens made it near impossible to understand her. Was it always this loud? Or just when I can’t stand it? He thought angrily to himself. Her next attempt was successful, though it set his head spinning. It felt like an anvil was rolling around inside his forehead.

“Vala?” He said questioningly. “Yes I am fine. Just a major headache. TO many hours inside the furnace and not enough sleep to balance it out, I guess” He said, rambling on. He watched as she played the sweet heart card, Zeek had fallen for that a few times in his past. Now he played along with girls when they tried, but was never lulled in. “Thank you, but I am alright. “ Zeek began to stand up, the rough seat digging into his bottom was only adding to his discomfort.

He stretched his legs for a brief moment welcoming the rush of blood and heat. “You can accompany me for a walk if you would like though?” He said it with a mischievous smile, he could play that game to. Zeek lent out his arm, hand outstretched ready to take hers in and help her to stand. “I could always use a pretty girls company.” A sly smile crossed his face as he waited for her to accept, or deny his attempt.
Zeek
Player

Character sheet

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 4th, 2011, 4:57 am

Vala would have killed, at least seriously maimed, just to get an hour in front of a glory hole (the glass blowing oven). He stood up abruptly. A head ache made sense with his symptoms. Never having one before, Vala felt nothing for the man and his pain.

When he offered a walk, Vala was excited to have some company to the Enclave, but she was a little wary – men were not to be trusted, especially with their second brain and all. And with his muscles, Zeek could overpower her in a heartbeat. It was a challenge, a risk, and Vala fell right into it. Vala could never resist a dare…

She could resist his offer of an arm… Remembering how she had to clutch onto Ronin as he carried her home after the bear attack just made her shiver in discomfort. Her nose scrunched up distastefully. The look of disgust only flashed for a moment, disfiguring Vala’s countenance for no more than a second, before her doe eyes looked up cutely at Zeek.

Vala had to think fast. There he was, holding his arm out like a perfect gentleman: if she refused the game would be over faster than Vala wanted; if she took his arm and touched him, there was a risk of losing control to the thinly veiled rage bubbling within. There had to be another way… Yes! But quite a bit of finagling was required…

“I would love to walk with you-“ Vala stood up, reaching out as if to take his arm, but pretended to trip on her feet, but instead of falling forward, she forced herself to slip backwards, reaching out her hand to catch the edge of the table and catch her balance as she stood up. “oh my!” Vala said, fluttering her hand in front of her face, acting disorientated and flustered, she even managed a rosy flush, appearing embarrassed. “How clumsy of me!” Vala quickly stuffed her hands in the pockets of her bydra, walking on, pretending to have missed Zeek’s outstretched hand. “Walking seems lovely; especially since I need to make my way to the Enclave, but there really is no rush,” She walked on, waiting for Zeek to follow. “You never did mention your name, sir.” Vala turned her slight head back and smiled coyly.

OOC :
Did I mention Vala is deathly afraid of touch and healers? Have fun wooing that train wreck XD
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 4th, 2011, 5:35 am

Zeek was beginning to wonder if he in fact, had just lost the game. There he was being a complete and total gentlemen. And alls the young lady could do was stare openly at him. He was on the verge of taking his offer back and apologizing for upsetting her, if he had some how. But when he was on the verge of retracting his hands, she moved.

She smiled up at him. It was a cute show and he smiled right back. Vala stood up and spoke, agreeing to accompany him for a walk. He was pleased, a soft voiced person was preferred over one of his loud obnoxious friends. They would likely drive him insane today. The more he thought about it, the more he was doomed to a terrible day any ways. He would spend the next few hours hammering away at hot iron.

Vala lost her balance. Zeek reacted quickly, he went to catch her fall. But she managed to resist his attempts and caught herself. If he did not know better, he would say she almost planned that. Why would she fall away from him though? Most would slip and fall into the guys arms. She is a strange one Anyways, he shrugged off the thought as she seemed to take the lead from him. “Enclace it is then” Zeek responded. He had no rush either, as long as he made it to the fires before his master did.

Zeek fell in line beside her. He had to take short steps, his long legs making it difficult to keep pace. ”Zeek” He said looking down on her from the side. “my name is Zeek. I am an apprenticing blacksmith.” He smiled proudly. It was not as glamorous or esteemed as an Endal. But he truly enjoyed what he did. Most the time. “What about you Vala?” He asked again, smiling at her remark. She was an interesting one.

OOCVala, I am so glad you clarifeid with the glory hole comment. I was about to laugh until I cried..
Zeek
Player

Character sheet

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 4th, 2011, 12:28 pm

She was right about his occupation; she was also quite right about what it did to a man’s figure. Walking beside him made his built musculature even harder to ignore, not that the young chiet would want to.

Vala was glad he hadn’t called her out on her backwards trip – she was sure she hadn’t acted it out as smoothly as a practiced actor would have, she was awkward in her forced movements. He obviously wanted to play the ‘game’ as well. Vala was willing as long as it never progressed as far as touch (a severely inhibiting limitation when it came to flirting). She knew it was cruel to lead men on, never planning to follow through, but she was convinced they needed to be reminded they weren’t top dog all the time. Zeek was cute and gentlemanly enough to be good sport; he wasn’t as brutish as she expected most blacksmiths to be.

“I’m just a humble Assistant Librarian – for now. Hopefully, if my plans follow through I’ll be a full fledged glassblowing Avora in a season or two.” As they walked out of the kitchens into the open courtyard, a stream of morning spring light, fell upon Vala just as cool breeze, gently ran through Vala’s hair – fluttering the silky locks as a crimson flag. She ran her fingers through her hair and giggled playfully, adding a little skip to her step. Zeek felt like one of the gallant men stock; Vala would be definitely using that to her advantage, but it was obvious she wasn’t the first girly flirt he had come across. He was matching her moves fairly well – only the parting would determine the ‘winner’. “So what is it like working with metal all day? It must be tiring with such heavy tools. Is that why you have such large and toned muscles?” She ran her finger down the sillouhete of his bicep to his wrist, making sure to keep a close inch of buffer air to prevent contact. She pulled back her hand, right before her hand could touch the back of his hand, her fingers tingling from the sensation of skin so close, too close. Vala dipped her head a little, to make herself seem even smaller and wide eyed, smiling as she waited for his turn.

OOC :
At first I was planning to hold out on the glory hole explanation, but I didn’t want to seem crude XD
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 5th, 2011, 4:05 am

Zeek discreetly caught Vala out of his peripherals. She was obvious with her wondering eyes and long stares. She enjoyed looking at him, most women did. He was well fit for his age. And his line of work kept his muscles strong and lean. A constant force of heat and swinging metal all day did have it’s perks.

He smiled as they exited into the open courtyard. A refreshing breeze greeted them, Zeek inhaled deeply. He loved being outside. The sunlight beating down on his over worked body. It was soothing to him. “Ahh, I am in good company then.” He smiled toward her slyly. “An aspiring craftsmen, I knew I liked you” Zeek said as he took a few long strides, easily putting a short distance between them. He quickly turned around, walking backwards staring into her pretty face.

Zeek grew up in this place, he was well versed in the layout. “You mean these?” He said flamboyantly, as he lifted one arm. Forming the typical flexing position and smiling childishly. He was only joking, he was not that obnoxious. Zeek spared a second to take a quick peek behind him, just to be sure he wasn’t heading for trouble.

“I love my work.” He was serious, there was nothing else he would want to do. The feeling of accomplishment once a fine piece was finished, it was unmatched. “Everything grows tiresome with enough time though right? “ He responded quickly. Another quick glance behind him, just assure himself he was not going to make a fool mistake and topple into something. Ending the fun, and embarrassing him all the same.

She played the innocent card well. He had to admit, she was good. One of the best he had come across yet. Is she playing along, or is she really this innocent? Doubt were beginning to fill his mind. If he had misread the girl, he was going to appear as a major ass before they departed way. He would continue on his set path, no point in turning back now. He was dedicated.
OOCSorry it is blahis. Long event filled day at work. I think I jinxed myself with this thread, i had a killer headache all day lol
Zeek
Player

Character sheet

Next