Breakfast Club [Zeek]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 5th, 2011, 5:19 am

It was working. Well she thought it was. It had been so long since she had last played a game , she had been too wary; too afraid it would go too far. Vala wondered why Priskil was blessing her with so many chivalrous guys; she wondered if the daily prayers were being answered – with nice, cute guys she had no idea, but it was nice to be spoiled by the gods every once in awhile. (Vala would have preferred a new job or a promotion, but it would have been extremely disrespectful to not appreciate the eye candy when she could.)

He couldn’t help her advance, well not in the direction she would prefer, especially since he was just an assistant craftsman, but maybe a new breakfast buddy would be nice. Eating alone, a routine Vala had sadly gotten accustomed to over the years was starting to build upon Vala’s wall of inner loneliness. Plus she needed to practice her social skills, with a cool casual relationship that she could sever without any collateral damage. Not that she would want to deprive herself from a handsome face and an entertaining personality. With the freedom of not having to censor herself, to keep Zeek’s favor for anything other than pure enjoyment, Vala found herself wanting him to like her more.

She played up the cutesiness another notch, twirling her flaming red hair, suggestively. “I’ve never seen a blacksmith at work before. Are the tools heavy? What kind of stuff do you make?” She flooded Zeek with silly questions. She was really getting into the act, enjoying the facade more and more. It felt exhilarating to be naïve, to be free and flirtatious.

The couple’s steps were unhurried. Vala even allowed him to walk a close, very close to Vala’s standards, foot beside her. At busier halls, she found themselves almost close enough to brush against each other; it was spine-tingling and dangerous, Vala almost wanted him to touch her; she wanted to know if maybe this time she could calm the rage, instead of being consumed by her past fears, but no. It was too soon, too soon to stoke such a risky chance: she didn’t want to be touched, yet. She wasn’t ready.

They were almost at the Enclave, and Vala’s shift was about to start, but Vala didn’t want to leave until she knew who had ‘won’ or at least until she knew the game would continue, and give her something to entertain her during the tedious hours in the enclave.

OOC :
Aww, I hope your headache gets better! And your post is good – don’t’ be silly.

I hope you don’t mind if we wrap up this thread in a few more posts. I kind of wanted to start another thread where Vala brings Zeek some lunch while he’s working in the Arm’s Gallery – maybe Zeek could even get some blacksmithing XP as he shows Vala what he does for a living. And I’m sure Vala would enjoy the show :D
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Zeek on April 5th, 2011, 2:44 pm

They were quickly approaching the Enclave, the final destination of the morning. They would have to depart ways once it was reached. He would give her a warm goodbye, and continue on his way to the Arms Gallery. Zeek hoped he would run into Vala a time or to after this mornings events. He liked her, he was attracted to her. Who wouldn’t be? But he felt she could be a great friend in the future, as long as he knew his boundaries.

She wanted to watch him work? Well that was different. He would have to ask one of the master smiths if she would be able to linger around his workspace. “The tools get heavy by the end of the day.” He replied smiling, nearly bumping into her when another couple approached from the opposite direction. He quickly gave her space, Zeek was excellent at catching details. And it would take a blind man to miss the fact Vala and touching did not go together. He was no fool.

Zeek smiled at Vala, playing with her hair looking cute as can be. “Let’s put it this way.” He paused watching another few Inarta’s pass them by. “If it is metal, handcrafted, and relatively new. I probably had something to do with it. Are numbers are small and our orders huge. It takes all of us to keep everyone supplied.” It was not bragging. It was the truth, the blacksmiths were shorthanded lately.

They were very near to the Enclave now. Zeek needed to change his direction shortly, he already needed to head the opposite direction and back track. “Well my dear, I believe our time is up.” He said smoothly. He was determined to end today’s events on good terms. Zeek moved in front of her with surprising speed. He took a step back, giving her space. An outstretched hand told her to halt her steps. “Perhaps we can see each other again?” He asked while smiling. He was attempting an innocent look, almost childishly.

oocSounds good to me.
Zeek
Player

Words: 9833
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Character sheet

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Vala on April 5th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Too quickly, time had passed. Vala wished she had more time to play, more time to learn about her new toy. She had already lingered ten chimes too late; Vala was late to her shift at the library. Zeek was probably going to be late to his own shift at the arms gallery if he didn’t leave soon. Time was so fickle, moving too quickly; Vala figured it would feel like an eternity once she started doing menial tasks in the Enclave, probably slowing further down when her thoughts would be bogged down by thoughts of Zeek.

An innocent expression crept onto Zeek’s features; Vala couldn’t help her mirrored façade from transforming from a false act to a more genuine glow. “I would love to meet again…” Vala bit her soft lower lip. “Maybe… maybe during another meal?” Vala looked up at the sky; it was getting late. “Well I really have to go. I’m sad we’ve never met before… but I’m glad to have met you now. It’s a small city though, I’m sure we’ll meet again!” Vala stuck out her pink tounge, from between the side of her teeth, before curtsying deep. “May we meet again, soon, Zeek!” Vala giggled out before running into the Enclave. She didn’t look back – she wanted to keep the upper hand.

OOC :
That wraps it up for Vala. If you want to add a concluding post for Zeek, that’s your call. I might add another post about Vala working and thinking about Zeek (To train her calligraphy skill). After that I’ll submit it to a mod to get graded. It was fun threading! I can’t wait to start the next one!
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Breakfast Club [Zeek]

Postby Phoenix on April 25th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Character: Vala

Experience: Cooking- 4, Flirting- 5, Solicitation- 5, Manipulation- 3

Lores: Finding relaxation in work, Learning how cut past-ripe fruits, Realizing easy looking jobs usually aren’t, A close shave, Playing the game, Appreciating a muscled physique, Opening up to strangers, Chasing danger, Being Coy

Character: Zeek

Experience: Flirting- 5, Solicitation- 5,

Lores: Working too hard and paying for it, Dealing with a killer headache, Being a good enough person to not make others miserable, Finding younger women attractive, Opening up to strangers, Making new friends, Playing into the cute-game, Being Coy

Additional Comments: Poor Zeek has no idea that Vala is going to eat him alive. I like this thread, and the relationship between the two. Hopefully Zeek won’t let Vala get away with too much! Short leash on that girl! I liked it  Keep it up, you two! Any questions, shoot me a PM and we’ll discuss.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous