Solo [Moritz Residence]Closer to Home I

Moritz spends some time getting closer to his new Arch structure...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Moritz Residence]Closer to Home I

Postby Moritz Craven on August 6th, 2023, 8:16 pm

7 Summer 523

Letting out a sigh, Moritz lazed about in his bed for a few moments after waking. After moving into his new home and exploring it, along with the events of the prior few days, he was tired. He also did not have to work until much later that night, and so had some free time. Today though he did not feel like leaving the house, and looking up at the ceiling of his home he wondered what his house was thinking.

Focusing his mind he felt the link to the structure, willing a connection between them and trying to send happy thoughts. As he focused on this he tried to feel something in response, but unlike when dealing with Infinity Manor he was left wondering if he was feeling anything at all or just imaging it. Moritz focused on this connection he felt but was unsure of and sent feelings of his own, happiness to be with them, happiness as seeing them awaken. In response he still did not noticeably see a reaction, perhaps not even an imagined one.

"You know, I don't think I've really had a chance to talk with you much. And I'm not sure if you can even understand words yet. But I think you understand feelings, and get that I am happy to be with you. Although... Sunberth is so unfriendly to Kelvic, I've not even had a chance to show you my Kelvic form. Which is kind of silly, since this is my house... My place of safety. Where else am i free to shift."

With a small smirk on his lips Moritz hopped out of bed, moving to an open spot in the cottage that was his home. Having slept naked he did not have to deal with anything else, simply willing himself to shift and doing so. One moment he was a person, another an animal. Both forms were him, but he felt restrained in that he mainly only had the chance to take on his human form in Sunberth. Now though in this other form he could still communicate with his Arch friend, newly burgeoning as it was, or so he hoped.

Shooting more happy thoughts at the Residence, Moritz stretched his body, once more feeling the familiar feelings of his Kelvic form. His hooves on the ground. His furry pelt, that could do with a brushing. His horns, which he had to mind to avoid knocking something over. He wanted to show the Residence how happy he was with it, and how happy it could be with him. Besides that, with his limited ability to help it, he was unsure what else he could do. For now, he did what he could, and tried to expand his abilities.

And, most importantly, tried to figure out how to deepen that connection and to feed it energy like Infinity had told him he could. There was a way, he just had not figured it out yet. In response the Residence was still silent, or perhaps unaware of him and his attempts to connect. Moritz pondered what to do next, still trying to connect.

WC: 521
Last edited by Moritz Craven on August 8th, 2023, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on August 6th, 2023, 8:52 pm

Having thoroughly flexed his body, stretched and reacquainted himself with his Kelvic form, Moritz started to move while focusing his mind on projecting his thoughts and feelings to his Residence. The more he felt this, the more he felt the place needed a name. Something proper to call it, other than his Residence.

Careful as ever in his Okomo form, Moritz began to prance a bit, moving from side to side, hopping a bit, playing about on his flooring with his Skyglass hooves as softly as he could. He was not afraid of hurting his feet, but he was not sure his cottage's floor could stand up to his full weight of him bouncing full force on it with said hooves. And so practicing a bit of what he had learned in acrobatics, he danced about on his four feet, moving softly from step to step and rolling a bit as he bounced from spot to spot.

As he moved about he tried to keep an open dialogue with his Residence, sending both words and feelings at it. The words were simply a running play by play of what he was doing. First over here... And then here... And hop like this... And then over here... The feelings were more glad tidings and happiness, feeling a bit playful for once and enjoying himself in truth as he hopped about and showed off. The longer he kept at it the more he hoped for a reply from the Residence, but still he felt nothing back. He was unsure if he was doing something wrong, or if the problem was the Residence not connecting to him properly.

When talking to Infinity the house had been fully formed and aged. It knew how to talk, could communicate openly, and the slow point on that was himself. He had trouble keeping up, like he was speaking in a foreign language he barely understood and the other person had to keep it simple. Here now though, both sides were rather limited, and he was unsure if it was even understanding his words or if only getting his feelings he was projecting over to it through their connection. Or perhaps not even that.

Moving about Moritz spoke his name mentally to the Residence via their connection, telling it who he was. I am Moritz. I am your friend. I am a Kelvic. I am me in this form, as an Okomo, and in my other form looking like a human. I hope to see you grow. I want to help you grow. As he spoke these mentally he continued his emotional message, trying to fill his words with as much love and understanding and caring as he could. Like a parent, or what he felt a parent should feel despite not being sure his own had felt that way. Thinking back on Infinity and his mother, on Lhavit, for a few moments his feelings shifted to a bit of sadness. As he did he worried about how the Residence might react, perhaps sending back confusion and concern, but still it was silent. In this instance it was good almost he felt, as he did not want to upset the place.

Smiling Moritz focused back on the Residence, trying to calm and reassure it, sending back more feelings of safety, of feeling safe and secure. Of being loved.

WC: 561
Last edited by Moritz Craven on August 8th, 2023, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on August 6th, 2023, 9:38 pm

The more time Moritz spent trying to communicate with the Residence, the more he felt like experience of raising one was surely like raising a child. And, yet a child you lived in. A silent child that he hoped understood, but did not respond. That would grow up and hopefully become your friend. Admittedly it was not quite one to one. It was a house, so it could not one day decide to leave and go to another city... But in many ways it was a child. Now though it was more like a baby, a sleeping baby perhaps... It had not even stretched throughout the entire structure, not having full been awakened yet. And he was unsure how long it would take for it to do so, that any many other questions unclear in his mind.

Trying to calm it down after his own muddled thoughts and feelings came across, Moritz focused on now. On how happy he was to be here, to get to experience a new life growing forth, to be there to teach and instruct it and help it become fully aware. As he did this he tried once more, feeling out through their connection, and willed something to pass from himself to the Residence. Energy. He tried it several ways. Picturing a wave of water but clear in the sky moving from himself to the building. Picturing his own djed, as he did when practicing Pathfinding, and willing that djed into the connection they had. Neither did anything as far as he could tell. He tried this for several chimes, but in the end decided to put it aside and come back to it.

With that saved for later, he focused again as he pranced about, enjoying spending some time in his Kelvic form that he so rarely got to experience in Sunberth. He rolled across the room, letting his back bump on the floor and holding up his head so his horns did not hit the ground. It was a move that was much easier to do in his human form, but still something he could manage now in his Okomo one.

While he did this he kept at his words, projected mentally via their connection just as his emotions and feelings where, though he was still unsure if they got through. My name is Moritz. I'm here for you. I wish to see you grow. I wish to see you happy. I care for you. He meant every word, and tried to weigh them down with his feelings, hoping that even if the building did not understand the words they would understand the intent and feelings behind them.

And then he was back up, hopping about, on all fours as he stood tall and proud, horns up and out. Done for the moment with prancing he looked about, wondering what else he could do. He did not think the house could open doors yet, which meant in his Kelvic form he was stuck in this room. So perhaps if he could not leave, he could look a bit more closely in the room?

WC: 520
Last edited by Moritz Craven on August 8th, 2023, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on August 6th, 2023, 11:22 pm

As he moved around the room, Moritz more closely investigated the place while trying to communicate with the Residence. He both sent a running description of words sent at it, along with trying to send his emotions. It was a bit tricky though for the Kelvic. He did feel happy to be there, and to be talking to it, but communicating that while also sending words was a bit tricky. Perhaps once he had the knack down, he reasoned, it would get easier. Just like with the other magics he used.

This is a chair... Looks like I've got four of them at the table. As he thought out the residence he moved closer to it, bumping the chair with his nose a bit, before sliding it aside with a turn of his head and a sweep of his horn. He almost managed that, but just before he stopped the chair tipped over and clattered to the ground on its side. Noting to himself he would need to right it once he had hands, he turned back. He had not meant to knock it over, but still that let him get in close to the table and examine if too. This time he bumped it with the side of his head, feeling the grain of the wood, the finish, and nodding only to bump the table with his horns by the unconscious action. Luckily he only slightly bumped it, and did not knock over the table or send it flying with his horns. Continuing his commentary he looked it over.

Seems nice enough, Moritz thought towards the residence, continuing on in more detail. I'm no carpenter but... Its nice and level, and flat. And smooth. No burs or... Splinters, that is the word. No splinters. Nicely enough made. Same as the chairs actually. Ah, what else is there in here...

Turning Moritz found the bed, which he also nosed at a bit. He had seen the furniture in the other rooms, which were not quite as nice. The furniture here though was a bit nicer, though from what he recalled this portion had cost more than the other bedrooms combined... In this form he was too big for the bed, and was not sure it could hold him weight, and so he carefully moved around it. This room, he acknowledged to himself, while fine for a human and more than roomy compared to others was not roomy for a Okomo. As he realized this Moritz chuckled to himself, imagining the craftsman who had made the house squawking to see an Okomo trotting around it.

After his concerted effort he had been hoping something would happen. A burble. A notice. Some kind of sense that the place was aware and could talk to him if not in words. But still he felt nothing back. He did not give up though, continuing to send his one sided words and feelings at the place over and over again in a hope something would work or that keeping at it would in the end make progress.

WC: 512
Last edited by Moritz Craven on August 8th, 2023, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on August 6th, 2023, 11:54 pm

Leaving the bed behind, Moritz moved about the room some more. However he found himself running out of things of interest, and so just continued to speak and feel towards the Residence as he moved about. While not a huge open room the cottage here was not cramped, and as long as he was careful he could move around without breaking or bumping into things. The bigger issue was his horns, as he had to be conscious of them in an enclosed place like this.

Communicating towards the building while he slowly trotted along, he tried to continue his conversation in a new vein. You know house... I've just been calling you house, or residence, when talking to you. But I think you need a name. Something that's just for you. I'm Moritz Craven. That guy who was here the other day was Caspian. People all have their own name. But you don't have one yet. So maybe we need to give you one? Does anything sound good? My old home in Lhavit, which your seed came from, was called Infinity Manor. But... Well, I'm not much for coming up with names. Maybe you can pick one, once you learn to talk, hmmm?... We will see.

Willing his thoughts towards it, Moritz tried to press his feelings of happiness, safety, and caring, to make it sure the Residence felt cared for. He also once more tried to feed it some energy, focusing on their connection and willing some djed across again... Picturing the djed within him, a sweeping wave of air cutting across a grassy field... And then wafting up and out through the connection... Only to once more fail. He was unsure why it was so tricky, but he trusted if he kept at it he would learn it in time.

Once more talking to the house he looked up, knowing all of it was the Residence, and that surely if he could look closely and see such things he would see its awakening slowly stretching out across the rest of the building. Bit by bit, plank and brick by plank and brick. As he thought this he flitted more silent happy thoughts at the building in question, wondering how long it would be before it was aware, and could speak in words. Sentience, full awareness, he did not doubt, would take time. But for now he would just settle on it being able to speak a few words, and to begin to converse with it. That would be his ideal first goal, to get some words from it.

Smiling happily he tried to speak some more to it, across their bond as an Archi mage and an Arch structure. My name is Moritz. Can you say Moritz? Its okay if you can't. But try. And I bet if you keep trying, eventually you'll be able to do it.

Feeling mentally if not physically tired, Moritz shifted back to his human form, before laying back in his bed and looking up at the ceiling.He still had time before work, and so would rest a bit, still hoping to connect to the Residence more deeply.

WC: 525
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes