Closed Only Time Will Tell (Lance)

Taz meets Lance at The Outpost when two separate missions combine into one.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

Only Time Will Tell (Lance)

Postby Tazrae on November 6th, 2023, 3:55 am

Taz knew she was sounding like a mockingbird on repeat about the listening thing, so she reined it in a bit. Reaching up, she dragged her hand through wet curls and pulled at one until the strand lengthened to straight before it bounced back into place. Her hair was as unruly as her heart. And she was glad of the subject change. Talking about Rhaus was a safe subject, one she wasn’t reluctant at all to speak of.

“I’ve actually observed several of the Gods and Goddesses in action. One thing I’ve learned about them is that they aren’t unlike people with their various motivations and desires. They seem to me to experience emotions like we do, plot and plan like humans can, and spread their power where they will - manipulating circumstances and people – sometimes without caring about the side effects or the collateral damage. They see us as chess pieces and move us about some cosmic board we don’t even realize exists.” She said softly, an angry flush lighting her cheeks for a moment. There were bad memories there, and long stories best gone untold for the moment. “Rhaus didn’t seem like that though, not the times we’ve spoken. He offers… comfort and advice. He doesn’t seem to like the suffering and impossible situations we often find ourselves in. He… he was someone I could follow and someone that accepted me even though I always felt so different.” Taz added, not sure if Lance would understand or not.

She had to smile at his words about not seemingly being too frightening. “That’s good, I suppose. Bad too. I’d rather people keep their distance if they have nefarious motives.” Taz said softly, thinking of her family for a moment and wondering why things couldn’t have been different. But even as she said it, he could tell she didn’t believe it. Her hand strayed to her chest where she touched what he might have mistaken for a pendant or a necklace. It was a single black scale embedded in her skin there. It was roughly the size of her thumb, iridescent, and seemingly covering a small lump under her skin that gave it the appearance of a stone… only there was no chain. She ran her hands across the small lump, her face looking like she was internally musing, before she blinked and refocused her attention on him.

“Where do you start? It seems to me you already have. With the whole world hating mages….” Taz said softly, breaking off her train of thought to catch his gaze again. “I’d suggest learning anywhere and everywhere you can. But don’t let anyone in Sunberth know that you know anything about magic. I’ve had it on good authority that they don’t take kindly to mages there.” She added. “There are people you could learn from in Syka if you could get there, but the trip is long and dangerous. I can easily travel here to teach you if you really want to learn. I am not the best mage I know though, so you’d be settling for someone who only knows a tight specific skillset, rather than an actual teacher.” Taz confessed. “And if I taught you here, we’d need a place to study.” She’d sold the apartment she used to regularly stay in here. It held memories she’d more than likely want to forget. But that didn’t mean she couldn’t pick up another one…. or rent short term a place maybe even pick up a Riad. With the twins, she’d need more room and could justify it, even as they got older. Taz shook her head. The Outpost made her uncomfortable, but truly… this was a marked of Rhaus. A bard… she’d help him if she could. “But that could be arranged.” She’d sold one place, she could certainly pick up another somewhere else… something with less memories to beat herself up over.

And with that, Taz rose from the water. She gently squeezed the damp from her hair, and picked up a towel and wrapped it about her body. Tazrae moved like a predator. And while she was deeply tanned, Taz was also scarred. Her skin was etched with lines as if someone had taken a knife to her and carved lines in her skin that spoke of pain and torture. Nothing but intent could have put those etchings in her body.

“Enough with the talk. It’s time for some fun. You might like it… you might not. But come with me and try something new. But there’s one condition… " She said, pausing thoughtfully. "...you need to finally tell me what your name is.” She said, pausing long enough to hear his answer before moving to the side rooms where she left her clothing and put it on. She met back up with Lance outside of the spa, having caught up on her bill.

Then she would walk with him, if he was indeed going to join them, heading to the next stop she had planned for the night.

Words: 848
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous