Winds of Madness (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 5th, 2011, 2:59 pm

61st of Spring, 511

True enough the city was interesting enough, interesting in the sense that if one wasn't careful they'd certainly end up on the streets penniless and possibly injured, or worse. Regardless he had to take a personal day after all that traveling to the city, he was happy to be back in the city with people and society. These people in particular, Bolivar found, he actually liked. They were more open with themselves he thought, compared to the people of Syliras, and revealed their intentions and personalities more. True most of them had ill intentions but this, in a sense, went very well with Bolivar's natural inclination to learn everything he can when he comes to a new city. When he enters a new city everything around him is new and interesting, Bolivar usually finds himself so excited to learn as much as he can about the area.

It seems the stories about the city of Ravok are in fact true he thought as he found a quiet area and meditated in silence. As the day of relaxation began he found himself trying to start the day with a more spiritual outlook, the quiet trickling of water could be heard from the distance as he closed his eyes and meditated. His sword was resting across his usual leather armor as he wore his regular clothes, luxurious looking attire that he never usually wears. However today is different was different he found that such free flowing clothing helped him think, his mind unshackled by the usual feelings the uncomfortable leather armor gave him.

He wondered for a bit as he thought how such a society become so degraded, Rhysol of course had a hand in it but was it also the people to blame? "Tell a man his destiny and he will unconsciously try to make it true. A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts" He answered trying to make sense of the city. His meditation practice was interrupted as he heard the sound of tears, a youth's tears in fact. His eyes shifted open as he watched a scene of the boy being scolded by random villagers and the kid running from the scene crying. That should have a profound effect on the boy's thinking Bolivar thought as he looked solemnly at the scene. I really don't think Rhysol is to blame, when it comes to the city's make up.

No use in being all regretful now he thought as he continued his meditation, besides I'm more of a strategist then a city manager. I work to make things right, not keep grunts in line. His mind got a bit agitated as the thought of him adhering to the public wants and needs, played around a bit in his mind. He sighed deeply as he steadied his breathing before he continued unto the next stage of his day of relaxation. As his breathing slowed he found himself at peace in the rogue city, now he should be able to start the next part of the day. Reimancy. He shifted around as he tried to wake up the rest of his body for the event. Thankfully the day was actually pretty windy today, he was as one would say in his element.

He closed his eyes as he felt his djed manipulation at work, the pathways in his body slowly directing a good amount of djed to form on above his fingertips. He watched his surroundings for a bit trying to detect any conspicuous activity around the area. Satisfied that no one has noticed the shorter Isur-Human mix yet he gathered the courage to practice with the ball of res. He directed the ball of djed around him in a circular motion, around and around it went mixing with the fast winds in the area as it was sent out as a small gale of wind in his general area. Bolivar watched as the sudden upheaval of wind rushed out from him and was directed at the nearby townsfolk.

Much to his surprise that small amount of personal energy caused a bit more chaos then he intended, as the winds blew at the ladies of Ravok. Their clothing was blown up, the skirts and frills of the women affected, exposed as the wind ran it's course. ...Oops he blushed as he quickly turned forward, embarrassed by the scene he caused. I suppose next time I should look for a less populated area. I'm just glad that the winds today are actually pretty high. Much less suspicious if I practice wind res today he thought as he turned his head.

As destiny would have it this was one of the most opportune few moments in his life to look forward and see what was in front of him. Because at that moment his eyes fell upon a woman with an hourglass shape and vivid brown hair just starting to make her way through the street next to him.Her delicate features portrayed her as a thoughtful girl, yet something in him told her she had something else. Regardless he felt somewhat compelled to talk to whoever this individual was in particular, to hear her views/takes on the city, to hear her thoughts about life or anything really.

The wind picked up around her as her hair and outfit were caught up in the short breeze. "Windy today..." he paused, Did I just say that? he thought as he stared at the newcomer. Without missing another beat he continued, "Care to take a break?" Bolivar asked as he patted an empty area besides him. His earlier meditations helped relax him, he felt as if he had an air of benevolence and understanding while sitting peacefully. He found himself giving the stranger a very serene half smile. What's her story? he thought as he gazed straight into her eyes with unwavering, curious eyes.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 5th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Aello was walking through the city streets. She had no destination in mind, and thus, she wandered aimlessly more than anything else. "Oh Yune, if only there was something worth doing," the girl muttered. "It seems like no matter where you go, you run out of things to do after the first few days, doesn't it?" The bird chirped. "It's as though you can say you've been there and done that, even though there is no way for you to have done everything there is to do." There was a slight pause. "After all there has to be something we can do in a city such as this." Another pause, "even if we don't know anything about it right now."

Yune chirped a few more times before the pair strode along in silence. From time to time, Aello's shoulder would brush that of another person who littered the street. Why is it always so crowded at this hour? Aello wondered as she walked along, and the wind picked up. It whipped her white dress and long black cloak wildly around her, pushing the fabric upwards, so it pooled around her ankles as opposed to the bottoms of her feet. Well that's a bit strange, it is not typically quite so windy.

When the winds died down again, Aello looked over at her bird. "Don't you think that was a bit strange Yune?" she asked. Chirp chirp Chirp! Aello nodded. "It is settled then, we are in agreement." Aello turned back to the street. She was breathing evenly in through her nose, and out through her mouth, when a few auras came into view. Several were of the same color and general composition- they each belonged to women, each was laced with fear. She ignored these three auras, the last aura she saw belonged to a man. He was older than she, perhaps twice his age. He was rather short, perhaps only a few inches taller than her, and far heavier.

Aello's grip tightened around her bow, as she forced the three women's auras to disappear. It was that of the man that she wished to concentrate on. The aura surrounded the length of the man's body, a nearly transparent mist that seemed to swirl counterclockwise. When she concentrated, on its light blue expanse, she thought of the sky. She felt like she could hear the wind swirling around her slender frame. The edges seemed to sparkle, drawing her steadily closer. Aello's pupils dilated as she simply stared, before forcing herself to avert her gaze. To make the aura go away.

When Bolivar's aura had gone, Aello breathed in and out rather heavily. Why would an aura embody the winds? Does the man have some sort of tie to them? An affinity for the element? There was a silence that stretched over Aello's mind as he spoke to her. But it was soon replaced by her calculated thoughts. Or does he simply use magic as you do? A magic very unlike yours, and in many ways, far more powerful or dangerous. Aello smiled shyly at him. "It is," she said simply, her voice was cool; distant.

Aello had no intention of sitting down, though, sitting was for the weak. "And as for a break, well, is there ever any time for that?" she raised a single brow as she eyed him suspiciously. Her eyes were sparkling as she gazed at him intently. She leaned in a little, and whispered, "so, do tell, do you enjoy playing with the winds, whoever you are?" her voice was icy, accusing. Of course, she wasn't absolutely certain that this man had affected the breeze in any which way, but, of course, she had an idea. If she was wrong about him, however, or he failed to admit it, she wasn't sure what she would do.

Aello pulled away a bit, her eyes were still flashing. "Do you enjoy trying to sway a woman's clothing in such a way that you can actually see?" There was a slight pause, as Aello's right hand slid onto her thigh. Her fingers traced the leg upwards, until they wrapped around the hilt of her cursed blade. She pulled it out from beneath the slit in her dress, just far enough so Bolivar could see the bloodied blade flashing in the pale morning light.

Aello smiled wickedly. "Or would you like to pretend that the wind managed to do such a thing on its own?" Aello asked. Even though Aello's guess was correct, she had no idea that the man was a mere novice. Nor had she encountered many reimancers in her day. There were certainly not enough of them for her to know the extent of their powers. Although, she could easily determine that they must be as dangerous as the magic they wielded.

Aello slid the dagger back into place, as Yune chirped ominously. What a sad excuse for a man, Aello thought as her eyes locked with his. She was waiting for her answer, and he'd better provide it... quickly.

OOCSorry Darren incognito, but Aello is a cranky girl, who tends to hate most magic users. Now, because she uses auristics, it's a bit difficult to get away with anything. Mwahahahahhaa.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 5th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Bolivar returned the small smile with one of his own. "There is always time to take a bit of time for oneself. As long as their work is aroudous and honest, time for oneself helps with the development of the individual. To look down on those who seek to better themselves are those that are in need of a break the most." he replied, nodding his head. He shrugged apogetically, the beliefs of another can usually conflict with those, "But, I respect the differing views of others. After all that makes up the different cities around this world so dynamic" he ended a bit disappointed at her decline at the offer.

Seeing the woman keep a steady gaze only encouraged him to try to do his best in keeping civil. So when she leaned in to whisper in his ear he kept a steady gaze as he spoke to her "As much as the next guy, madam. Oh! My name is Bolivar of the Coglias Clan. And you are?" he kept his soft gaze, still feeling peaceful from his prior meditation. He blushed profusely as he saw she was guiding his eyes up her side. He looked down a bit embarassed and surprised by the question. "I suppose, when the time is right and I am with the woman I marry" he replied now wondering if she was a prostitute. He had a somewhat relived look on his face as he looked at the blade. Ah she's just wary of me. Figures, living in such a place is bound to make its inhabitants wary of others he thought as he looked for his bags.

Slowly taking out a piece paper,quill, and ink he quickly wrote down his findings from the conversation. As he was writing down his finding he was asked another question. He then tilted his head with a questioning look on his face, "Wind do what?" He gave a quizical grin looking somewhat amused "Hehe, I'm sorry is that a Ravok joke? I'm sorry I just came here to study all I can about the city before moving on" he explained. He recalled what she said and tried to figure out what she meant, trying to keep the conversation going. "Though I do admit, the winds are an interesting force of nature. Always moving, no limitations to what it can do, and most importantly free." He slowly got up equiping his leather armor ever so slowly, picking up his great sword and putting it ontu the harness on the armor's back.

After he looked at her a welcoming look on his face. "Either way I still have to check out the area. What is your name? Perhaps you can help me around the city? I just arrived from Syliras and it can certainly be great to have a companion of sorts," he said suddenly noticing the bird. "oh my! Such an interesting bird! It's rather adorable, what's its name?" he wrote some more on his notes, while occasionally looking back at Aello.
Last edited by Bolivar on April 6th, 2011, 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 5th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Aello listened quietly. She was breathing in through her nose, and out through her mouth again. Concentrating on him. With each inhalation, she would hold her breath for five seconds. She would allow the air to swirl around in her lungs, and fill every nook and cranny of her pale pink organ. As soon as her chest began to fell tight, she'd let the breath out of her mouth with a quiet, and relatively peaceful sigh. As soon as Bolivar had finished speaking, Aello took a few more breaths before delving into his aura again.

This time, a dark pink mist could be seen hovering around the man. Aello smirked. Figures. Dark pink has to do with dishonesty and immaturity. Surely, that describes the man perfectly. Aello watched the aura for another minute as it encased the man in its ethereal embrace. A shiver shot up Aello's spine as she closed her eyes for a moment to get it to go away. Only fools try to lie to someone who uses auristics, Aello thought with a playful smile. Her pupils had dilated, which only made her already dark-colored eyes seem all the darker, and filled with ill-intent.

Aello extended her right hand, towards Bolivar. If he wants to speak to us, then he better fucking listen. Slowly, she pressed her fingers into the paper that Bolivar was writing on. Within a second, her fingers wrapped around it, and the paper crinkled. She smiled wickedly as she tugged it out of his hands. "Now, didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not polite to write when you're being spoken to?" Aello inched the paper closer to her before balling her hand into a fist, and crumpling the paper into a tight ball. As soon as the paper had stopped crinkling, Aello dropped the paper onto the ground, and squished it into the street beneath her foot.

"Now that your attention is where it should be," the girl hissed, "perhaps you will be able to learn a little something," Aello began. "This city, Bolivar," she spat, "is Ravok. Here the god of chaos and his men reign supreme. This isn't the pathetic castle city known as Syliras where the stupid knights will chop out your tongue for cursing. It is not Zeltiva, where the University teaches us all to function. Teaches us all whatever we'd like, and how to be proper within society. It isn't Avanthal, where you'll freeze to death if left out in the cold. It isn't Lhavit where the Shinya keep everyone in order." There was a dramatic pause as she took a moment to catch her breath. "This is Ravok, and if you fuck up here, there will not be anyone to save you," she hissed. "This is a city where no one cares if your body winds up floating atop the lake in the morning. A bloody, unrecognizable mass."

Aello jabbed the tip of her bow into his side. "Got it, you filthy liar?" she asked. Before adding, "and that's another thing. Consider yourself extremely lucky that you haven't fallen into the hands of one of the stryfe or worse, for they would surely torment you for the truth, and then cut out your fucking tongue for that." With that, Aello spat at his feet. "Fool," she growled.

As soon as her last word had left her lips, Aello turned abruptly on her heels and walked away from Bolivar. He didn't need to know her name, nor did he need to be associated with her. And if he so much as tried to use his magic again, and if he lied about it after, he was going to be one fucking dead man. Aello smiled happily at the thought. She was honestly starting to enjoy playing with the minds and the hearts of men.

OOCBaahahahahahaaha. Sorry, but Aello hates liars, and magic users. Good luck finishing up this thread without a single injury.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 6th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Darren was almost done with writing down his notes when he came to a point where he didn't have much to write left. Hmm... he thought as he finally noticed the weird breathing the woman was exhibiting. Weird breathing usually means... he wrote before he turned back to the stranger trying to see what it means. He gave her a quizzical look as she took the paper away from him. "Of course not, it's not something someone should get upset about" he said, his face looking somewhat annoyed as she crumpled the paper up. He rolled his eyes a bit annoyed as she stomp on the paper "If I was rude your rather boorish yourself" he muttered as he looked at her with a less enthusiastic look.

However when he saw that she was actually talking rather emotionally he found himself lingering on every word. So this is the psyche and conditioned thinking the people of Ravok eventually come to embracing he thought as he fought the urge to pull another piece of paper out and write down the emotions and validity in her response. Now all that I need is to-wait he paused as he heard her insult him and jab him with her bow. Did she just call me a liar he thought as he ignored the rest of her "dramatic" speech. He quickly picked up the paper and followed her every step as he jammed the thing into his bag. He found himself cutting her off and standing in front of him, his arms crossed and his head tilted in an annoyed expression.

"I'm sorry but did I hear you right?" he asked looking at her obviously taking offense to her callous call. "Where did that come from? I'm pretty sure I've been pretty straightforward with you. Come with me" he said grabbing her hand and taking her away from the main street, that area was not the place to have this conversation. They stopped closer to the end of the side streets before he let go of her hand. He leaned his back on the wall behind him as he glared at the woman, quickly running their earlier conversation through his mind. He found himself breathing slowly again before continuing, he wasn't going to get angry on a break day just yet.

"I do like playing with the winds as much as the next guy, woman. I do suppose I will like swaying the clothing of my future wife when the time comes and I do believe in the spirit of the wind. To call me a liar is to test my claims and devotion to such ideals. Something I would not let like that go so easily, especially to a mere prostitute found in Ravok. What have you done noteworthy? What gives you the gall to insult me so?"
He said looking very threatening to Aello.

"Wench might have an influence in this domain but after that you are nothing! Your just the same as any other misfit outside this place!" he shouted as he attempted to pushed her down. He paused as he involuntarily moved to pick her up and dust her off, I'm not angry he reminded himself just rather upset. A momentary lapse of judgment he reasoned with himself, looking somewhat still angry at her. "Now I trust that you understand what I would like you to do" he said looking back at her. He rested his back to the stone wall again, his arms crossed as he watched her.
Last edited by Bolivar on April 7th, 2011, 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 6th, 2011, 8:45 pm

"Let go!" Aello hollered as Bolivar dragged her through the city streets, and to a narrow side street. "What the fuck is the matter with you?" Aello hissed as she pulled her arm away just as he let go of her hand. She was glaring at him intently, much as he was glaring at her. It was amusing, a newcomer, trying to frighten someone who had grown used to the city streets. Then of course he had to push her down. Yune chirped angrily as her talons dug into the young spiritist's shoulder. She was not in the mood to be thrown off her perch. And then he pulled Aello back up. What the fuck?

Aello growled as she dusted herself off. "Get off you asshole!" she hissed, her eyes flashing menacingly. "You petching idiot! Do you have any idea who you're talking to? How to recognize people who sell themselves? How incompetent are you? You ugly, lying, fat bastard!" Aello huffed. "And as for understanding your sorry ass, well, it's not exactly a difficult thing to do! But, should you like to live more than a day in this city, then the archer you just assaulted would suggest that you suck your own dick."

Aello smiled wickedly as she took a half step back. "Ohh, wait, were you referring to the part where someone shows you around the city?" Aello laughed. "Good luck with that one. Most of the people here, if not all of them, won't bother giving you the time of day, especially with that behavior. But that's ok... surely you won't be missed come morning." Aello chuckled as she took another few steps back, and towards the other side of the alley. Her eyes flashed as she reached over her shoulder with her right hand, and pulled an arrow fletched by three dark raven feathers. She laced the arrow onto the serving, and when she heard a click, she raised her bow.

Aello's left foot was out before the right, as she gripped the front of the bow with her left. She closed her left eye, as she wrapped her three right middle fingers around the arrow and began to pull farther and farther back on the string. He makes such an easy target. Such an arrogant man... The bow seemed to creak as she pulled the string past her ear. Her arrow was aimed at the middle of his chest, but she could always raise it ever so slightly, so that it would do far more damage. "Now, Bolivar, why don't you do us both a favor and get the fuck out of this alley?" Aello cooed, but her voice was laced with anger. She was not kidding. "Unless of course, you'd prefer an arrow through your throat. The archer can aim for your adam's apple if you'd like." Aello inched the string back. "Surely it won't be too painful."

An image of Bolivar with an arrow running through his throat filled Aello's mind. He was coughing up blood, unable to speak. But his eyes, they spoke volumes, they seemed to say, won't you have mercy? Just end it all... please? Aello smirked. If she let go of the string, and the arrow shot through the air before hitting him, she'd let him suffer before she took her prize; his life.

Yune chirped once in Aello's ear, allowing her to focus once more.

Aello dared him to move.

OOCI apologize for the large amount of cursing >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 14th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Bolivar rolled his eyes at the woman's rants, it wasn't his fault that he was so annoyed with her. So the last thing he had on his mind was to look like that he actually was sorry and compassionate for the younger Ravokian, she probably had to overcome many trials already and he was just adding to the pile. He had to be adamant with this approach if he wanted her to apologize, at the very least. He was still rather peeved that his relaxing day was disturbed by a what he felt a disturbed woman. Was the aggressive rants and awkward breathing a normal thing in Ravok? Ugh if it is this city isn't going to be anywhere decent at all he thought looking at her.

"I wasn't on you to begin with, nor would the thought of being on top of you ever cross my mind.
" He feigned a shiver of disgust as she dusted herself off. "Of course not, you haven't spoken your name yet...woman. The way you were acting with a stranger such as I and the random questions you were asking can lead one into thinking you were a lady of the night. ...How am I incompetent?" he asked founding himself yelling back at the woman uncharacteristically. Ugh this person brings out the worse parts of me he thought, his brain getting tired from the interaction with Aello. He merely ignored the rest of what she had to say, now she was just taking this a bit too far for his taste.

He watched her warily as she took a half step back, he gave a sad look at the ground when he heard he wouldn't be able to get a good idea of the city with conventional methods. Nonetheless he was still able to get this much out an angry, oppressed native of Ravok. Alright, that's enough I suppose Bolivar thought as he planned his exit from the conversation. He looked with interest as she went back a few more steps, I think she mentioned she was an archer one time in our talks haven't we he thought taking a stride towards her as he saw her suddenly go for her bow. He tried to close the distance between the two, partial unsure if she would resort to using it or not. His mere hesitation though slowed him down as Aello her bow up, Tck, I can't be so soft with these civilians he thought silently cursing at his indecision.

Bolivar looked at her confused by her requests again, this person truly wasn't much of a person to have a conversation with he thought as he noted her unusual speech patterns, truly not everyone in Ravok is like this? They stood there for an awkward few seconds as Bolivar decided what to do next. He felt the tension of the bowstring and the atmosphere around them, thankfully they were far enough that the scene didn't cause anyone to notice them...yet. His eyes shifted slowly to the left as a small breeze approached from his left, a small gale lightly touching his body before emptying out into the main streets. He looked back intently at the archer, and raised his right hand in a stop motion. As he raised his right hand, his left slowly gathered his djed.

Bolivar looked at her with a scornful and somewhat condescending look on his face. "Tell me, why when given a rather peaceful greeting you give a rather threatening reply to me? Is it perhaps you thought that there was something I did wrong in our introduction? Or perhaps your just normally like this?" he asked. His left arm shone dully with the application of magic in the area. He waited until another breeze came until he made his move, "You know I am military trained. I wouldn't make light of this, I've been shot before. And I've been in more dangerous situations then you can imagine," Bolivar replied lightly. making the res come out in what looked like to be a gaseous form it was slowly discrete from his form. Bolivar felt that he was close enough to her that she wouldn't be able to see build up of the gaseous life force.

Finally the another gale came from his left once more. He spread out his djed, to better take in the element. This time he wouldn't even need to twitch for it to absorb the element. As his djed quickly absorbed the wind element into it's form a seemingly gust of air replaced where his res once was. A violent thing, as it pushed out of it's form fighting to be free with the currents, blowing up to escape into the sky. At this Bolivar rushed Aello after a split second his res was at work, trying to pin her to the wall. If she found herself occupied she would have her hands up on the walls, her legs spread as Bolivar tries to pin the leg with dagger to the wall as well. To the people on the streets it would look to be a private ordeal, but to her it would be somewhat of an uncomfortable position as she had a stronger, and much heavier person pressing her up against the wall.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 14th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Aello laughed as her auristics came into play again. Her pupils had dilated, and she was beginning to look more and more otherworldly. Her hair was fluttering softly in the wind, curling around her face as her fingers tightened around the bowstring. "Do you consider yourself worthy of the name?" Aello asked. Her lips had curled into a sinister looking smile. "And if you knew... you wouldn't be asking such foolish questions," Aello taunted. "So thank you, for proving a point." Her eyes were flashing dangerously, if only she let go of the string, Bolivar wouldn't so much as know what had hit him.

Aello's eyes narrowed as they settled on the edges of the man's aura. He's trying to play with the winds again. But at least this time, he is over-estimating his abilities, even more so than before. Aello could have sworn she could see the man's res billowing out of the corners of his hands, swirling around with the edges of his misty, murky aura. "Normally like this?" Aello smirked, and gave the slightest hint of beginning to laugh. A satisfied, hmph. "No, not always like this. Not at all. Just towards men as foolish as the likes of you." Bolivar's aura seemed to be billowing about him like an angry flame. A pale, nearly transparent white, that mirrored the softest movements of the winds.

"Men who underestimate the people they are talking to," Aello continued. Her fingers were inching the string farther back, it seemed to creak. "Men who think they can get through life by hiding themselves behind a wall of lies." He must be concentrating now, on getting this right. Aello waited until he was done collecting his res, and working with the winds. There was no use in firing now, in wasting her shot.

Finally, Aello began to blink, several times over, breaking her concentration. The aura disappeared. The rest you will have to do based off your instincts. With any luck, he'll overgive, and you can finish him easily. Without really trying, but then again, that takes all of the fun out of the game, now doesn't it? Aello continued to wait, she was barely breathing, not moving a single, tense muscle in her body. "It is apparent you play with the winds, Bolivar," Aello said. "Quit pretending not to know of that which I speak." Her lips were parted in a slight snarl, as the wind swept through her hair. It blew the strands apart, and off her shoulders. When it died back down, her hair fluttered back into place.

Shoot him now! Aello's brain screamed. Slowly, Aello's fingers unwound themselves from around the bowstring. The arrow erupted from the string, sending it into a wave of rather rapid vibrations. The string produced a low humming noise as Aello watched the arrow soar through the air, directly towards her opponent. It seemed to hiss as it cut through the space between them, inching closer and closer to its target. Always just a bit high, Aello thought, as she realized that it would pierce the center of Bolivar's head if he was not careful, right in-between his eyes.

Aello lowered her bow, and leaned it up against the wall behind her. She slowly slid her bag off her shoulders, and placed it next to her bow. "Now Bolivar," Aello began, "should you manage to dodge that, you may want to start praying, to whatever God or Goddess you believe in to come and save you. For you have managed to piss off the wrong girl." She smiled wickedly. "Just be thankful she has decided to take mercy on you and give you a slim chance at survival." Aello's eyes were flashing, as her right hand hovered over the place where she hid the bloody blade.

"Military training or not, you don't stand much of a chance," Aello taunted, as she pulled the blade out. She was holding the hilt tightly in her right hand, as she lifted it to her lips. She seemed to lick the blade before returning it to her side. "We would both love to add your blood to the list," the girl hissed. She was truly beginning to enjoy this. Each and every moment that lingered between them; each breath he seemed to grasp for, and hold in. He won't be doing much more of that, will he? Aello shook her head, but only slightly, as she took a half step forward. "The only question is, would you care to have a little fun, or turn your ass around and run?"
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 19th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Bolivar just rolled his eyes at the woman's question. He already disliked her now he was on the point of losing it, he absolutely abhorred people who had a attitude everyone in the world owed something to them. "Why? Does everyone in the city hate the name? Would I be shunned if I were to be seen any longer with you? Seeing how this has played out I would not be surprised by that at all." he replied showing little patience for her now. People like me? Someone who is practicing his craft and trying to relax after a hard day's travel? This woman doesn't make any sense he thought.

"How have I been underestimating you? I mean I looked to you for-" he started but merely shook his head at her. He sighed deeply before he manipulated his djed, right as Aello's shot was fired. His head bobbed out of the way uncomfortably as the arrow whistled past his head. Happy that he actually used his reinmancy he took another step towards Aello in a somewhat appalled manner. "You actually shot at me you crazy bitch!" he spat pointing at the arrow behind him. "A mercy? You still insisting on killing me on a whim?" he asked bewildered looking at her in an angry disbelieving manner. Two? he thought as she licked the blade of her dagger.

He took out his weapon from his harness looking rather calm, even though his mind was in disarray. "Hmm...don't tell me. You think you have a special gift don't you? The ability to read others auras. Yes, it's starting to make sense now. The heavy breathing, the anti-social behavior. Your one untrained mess off your leash aren't you. Well I hate to break it to you but what you think your doing isn't right at all." he paused, his chiding helped him take the edge off the situation before he continued. "This is called reinmancy and it's uses vary with the user. The responsibility of manipulating the elements is a large one indeed, one that shouldn't be held lightly. True I may have caused a bit more power then I intended in my initial go, but your overreacting. If you continue with this juvenile behavior you'll find that you may have erred. I mean no harm to anyone or anything around me. Unless your a dark witch who intends to learn every magics in the world we should stop. This is beyond stupid, we are just arguing for no reason." he said looking at Aello. If she has any character she would stop all of this altogether.

He sighed before letting setting his weapon down trying to help the with the tension. "Look...if you want, I'll tell you what I know about what I know about magic if your curious. Otherwise I'll be going on my way, your behavior is really putting me off basically and I really just want to rest now. Your pretty...and tiring I admit." He finally said looking somewhat exhausted by the strain she put on him. "Magic is a pretty widely spread art and where I'm from it's used pretty often. I'm sorry if I put you on edge but I'm sorry to say that it's our philosophy on magic more then anything is causing problems." the foreigner explained. Good job, blame it on foreign ideals he thought, he knew that even if she was observing him she would see he's telling the truth.
Last edited by Bolivar on April 21st, 2011, 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 19th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Aello chuckled. "Are you truly that surprised Bolivar?" she asked, as she took another half step forward and tilted her head slightly to the side. The dagger was flashing angrily in the light, willing Aello to claim the man's blood as her prize. Her arrow had landed with a muffled clink beside Bolivar only a moment before. She wasn't surprised, Aello hadn't expected the arrow to hit him. Especially with his magical display, even if he was weak.

A small smile crossed the girl's lips as she stepped forward again. Aello was quiet for a few minutes as she listened to Bolivar speak. When he had finished, she replied, "it is quite obvious that you use magic. That you play with the winds. The name for this magic is not important. Much as the fact that you are not the only one who uses it is not important. The only thing that is, my dear, is that you use it. That you were foolish enough to use it in front of someone who knows what you are doing, who knows you helped the winds along, and wish to use it to your advantage now, in a fight." There was a slight pause. "Not like it matters, you simply cannot win."

There was another pause. "Do you know why that is Bolivar?" Aello asked. Her voice sounded sweet, yet somewhat calculating. "Because your body seems to be shaking already for one," Aello began, as her eyes darted up and down over his body, "but that may just be because of the wind. It does give one the slightest of chills, doesn't it?" Her eyes flashed as she took another half step closer. "The second is because you grossly over-estimate your abilities. You control one element, not all four. That could only mean that you are a novice, which, by default, means that you have no talent at all." There was another little pause as Aello pressed her fingers into the hilt of the blade. "And even though we both have our magic, the one you use... well, isn't it the most dangerous of all? The most likely to lead to over-giving? If you plan to use it against your opponent love, you may want to be a bit more careful. After all, you wouldn't want to drop dead now would you?"

Aello took a half step closer. "Now, considering how naive you seem, you probably haven't met many wizards, or other magic users, have you?" Aello inquired. "For if you have, perhaps you'd know that we aren't a breed to be taken likely. We aren't a breed that should be trusted." There was a slight pause. "If anything, we should be feared." Another pause. "Something that people should mistrust and run away from." A clump of saliva had gathered in the girl's mouth, and she quickly swallowed it. As the clear liquid trickled down her throat, it made no sound. "So, if you still wish to run, there is no real shame in that. You could turn around right now and save yourself the pain. Unless of course, you want to try and prove your opponent wrong."

Aello took another step closer to Bolivar, and then another. Her muscles seemed to tense, and then loosen, as though she were preparing herself for the worst, and then willing herself to relax. Her heart was beating only slightly faster than usual, and her breath was coming in through her nose, and out through her mouth rather evenly. Although her palms were slightly sticky with sweat, she managed to maintain a tight grip on her weapon. There was only a few feet left between them now. "But trust me when I say that you won't," the girl finished, a sick smile crossing her lips. Her dark brown eyes had locked on Bolivar's, this was his last chance to escape. If he lingered in the alley only a little bit longer, she'd attack. She could always use the practice... and some fresh blood.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next