Winds of Madness (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 21st, 2011, 3:22 pm

Bolivar looked at his now realized assailant, dawning comprehending finally. "Oh...we were fighting?" He asked looking unsure of the situation. "Oh...well damn. I would have done something a bit more convincing to persuade you then" he explained now focusing an offensive amount of his res into his left hand. "Oh no that shaking is usually to help me deal with muscle spasms. You know. Personal magic isn't so reliable to use. And I've actually been looking into water magics. It would be a fun combination. A mix of both would produce mist." He rambled. Talking usually did wonders to calm him and sometimes his adversary, which at the time was raging with anger. Hmm, words truly are wasted with this one, he thought looking at Aello solemnly.

The only feeling he had towards the girl was pity, pity and regret. He pitied her for having such a narrow and aggressive outlook on magic and regretted that he wasn't able to make friends with her. It turns out my day off was the most stressful day yet he thought as he remembered the long trek to Ravok. The stress of constant vigilance, foraging and setting up camp constantly wasn't anywhere near as taxing and heartbreaking as this conversation with this woman. "Again your wrong. It's how one uses it. Nothing more and nothing less. If one isn't in control it is so easy to overgive" he admitted the metallic taste in his mouth revealing itself again. Hehe you say the word love and dead in the same sentence, he replied in a sad, defeated tone. "That is what I was thinking" he said with a sad smile.

Again she was wrong, the city was pretty integral with magic, there was even a clan dedicated for them. But then again she wouldn't know he thought as he looked at the Ravokian. He was wasting time, there is nothing left for me to do he thought as he asserted himself. "Isurians always look down upon you humans, never fear... You who taint the very land you live on. You would ever go as far as spurning those who would try to help better the land" he replied closing his eyes. You should know my pride would never give in to such pathetic intimidation he thought solemnly, his mind set. Leaning against the wall behind them he assumed a comfortable position and dozed off. There at least he would be happy. Perhaps this world isn't ready for me just yet.
Last edited by Bolivar on April 21st, 2011, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Aello on April 21st, 2011, 3:51 pm

"No you are wrong," Aello replied. "It is far easier to over-give than any wielder of magic can ever realize." There was a slight pause. "Even if the effects of the magic are small, at least at first, there is always something. Whether that be an increased pulse, a slight sweat, feeling tired... the desire to cast more and more. To use more and more. There is always something." Another slight pause, "magic is like a drug you know. It pulls you in and never lets you go. There is always a desire to keep going, even when you know you should stop. Even when you know your body needs a break, just before it begins to fall apart."

Bolivar seemed to be sinking into the wall as Aello spoke to him, and then his eyes closed. He did not just fall asleep when he was being spoken to! The edges of the young spiritist's face grew red as she grit her teeth. Her eyes were blazing with an inner blame. How rude can Bolivar be? Aello wondered, as she whispered the words, "told you so," into the wind. The idiot probably over gave, just as you said he would. Heck, maybe he even got himself killed. Fool.

Aello placed her dagger back in its hiding place, and then picked up her bow. As soon as she had, she strode over to the sleeping Bolivar. She gave him a light nudge in the side with her right foot. When his body bounced back towards her, she knew he had fallen asleep. Fool, she thought, as she bent to pick up her fallen arrow and place it back in her quiver, before heading out of the alley. She had no more business with him to attend to. At least, for now.

Although Aello could easily kill him, she chose to leave him alive. Should he have to die at her hand, she wanted to do it when he was actually worth her time. When he could actually give her a bit of a challenge, and put up more of a fight. Until then, he could walk, but there would always be a noose dangling around his head, waiting to pick him up off his feet, and snap his slender neck.

OOCOff scenes note: Yune will rejoin Aello before she leaves the alley. That bird always does follow the girl around...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Bolivar on April 21st, 2011, 5:34 pm

A smile crept into Bolivar's while Aello left, you know I really didn't get her name he thought as he picked himself off the ground. Oh my I think I have ...fallen in love? He held a chuckle as he sat down in a refreshed manner. "Alrighty! There is just so much to write about!" He exclaimed when he took out a paper and quill from his bags. He pursed his lips for a moment wondering what to write before the words started flowing into him.

People aren't so bad, violent but otherwise manageable. Don't get confront them or else they will be violent. Rather try more unconventional methods. Try not to be in a populated area next time you practice reinmancy. She really cares about others even though she's- "Huh?" he looked at his handwriting and saw that he had been just thinking about the woman. "Heh...I suppose she was okay. Very beautiful but a wily thing more then anything. ...I still haven't gotten her name." He thought sadly resisting the urge to ask her again. This is the way of the wanderer one would not like to stay in a place like this no matter how warm the women make him feel he thought to himself. With an understanding nod he shoo'd the bird away before he left, this was still the first day in Ravok.

oocWould prefer Politics/Philosophy over Rhetoric
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winds of Madness (Aello)

Postby Seth on April 30th, 2011, 4:38 am

Bolivar:

• +1 Meditation XP
  • +2 Reimancy XP
  • +1 Persuasion XP
  • +2 Politics/Philosphy XP

Lores: The Wonders of Ravok, Using Meditation to Stay Calm, The Basics of Auristics, The Basics of Reimancy Manipulation, The Feeling of Arguing with a Brick Wall.

The Method behind my Madness :
All of the XP explains itself pretty well! You can choose either one of the last XP points! Sorry you had to put up with Aello and her horrible temper! D:

Aello:

• +2 Auristics XP
  • +3 Intimidation XP
  • +2 Shortbow XP

Lores: Reading Recent Djed Usage in Auras, Reading Recent Lies in Auras, The Basics of Reimancy, The Feeling of Yelling at a Brick Wall.

The Method behind my Madness :
You used both Auristics and Shortbow a decent amount, so you get points for that... And Aello was really scary and angry during this thread, and purposely threatened the poor fellow multiple times... so you get Intimidation XP!

PM me if you think anything is wrong, guys! <3333!
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous