[ Spires Location]The Main Gate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ja'soth on December 20th, 2009, 2:11 am

This is the main entry and exit for the Jamoura City,all travelers must check in here to enter. The gate is a pair of great bloodwood trees each encircled by stairways of what appear to be thick, dark brown vines. In reality the vines are great worms that the Jamoura care for and feed in return for allowing them to be used as stairs at night the stairs are illuminated by a phosphorescence that the worms posses lighting the way into the Jamoura home.

This is also one of three gates in the city which is divided into three sections,the Outer City which is a collection of living things shaped or arranged to look like buildings or structures common to outsider experiences. The Outer City is also a faster paced area and where the Jamoura entertain and meet with outsiders that might not understand the Jamoura way of life which is slow paced and more nature in her wildest forms. The Inner City is The place where the Jamoura reside and where they have the Council Chambers as well as an Art School and their own public meeting place which is more a forum to discuss things they have learned or for Jamoura who are returning from journeys to record their knowledge.The Final division of the city is the Temple of Caihya/Eyris where the Hahk'maghtar is located there is also a devoted a area o f this sacred circle of trees to Qualya as the Jamoura honor her as well in their search for knowledge

The Jamoura are a peaceful people, but there is a guard standing at the entry that rotates every 8 hours, they are outfitted with a chitinous armor that is really insects from the Talderan forest that act as armor..depending on the insect used depends on the strength of the armor. Also the perimeter of the city is protected by spore pods that will sound an alarm and release a gas that paralyzes its victims until guards arrive.
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Words: 37567
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2009, 5:21 am
Race: Staff account

Re: [ Spires Location]The Main Gate

Postby Nimvahlis on March 17th, 2010, 4:51 am

1st of Spring, 510 AV

Forests are intriguing, but I cannot fathom a life beneath a canopy so close. Nimvahlis sat with his back to a massive nurse log. His eyes were closed, but his ears found themselves hearing the sounds of a wakening forest. Nim cracked his eyes, peering into his hands at a pebble. Faint, but there. Like a lost life. Nim opened his eyes wide and looked around him. The gray dawn had begun invading the cloak of darkness the forest brought. In the near distance Nimvahlis spied the Jamoura city grow dark for the coming dawn. It was almost time for Nim to go dark too, metamorphose into a person long dead. Regardless, his outline became hazy. Ever the experience, I feel as a mirage during these moments. Nim sighed as his body shimmered like a man being seen over a hot fire. Within seconds it was complete. Where legs once were a silver furred tail could now be found. Splayed against the log one could see iridescent wings painted in shades of gray and violet.

I suppose it is now time to enter the city. Nim did not like transforming in front of others, he felt exposed, vulnerable. Well it was not as if Nim ever was inconspicuous in any case, both Akvatari and Ethaefael drew the attention of most people. Nimvahlis hooked his pack onto his shoulder and struggled a bit to place his tail beneath him. A few flutters of his wings and Nim was in the air. The air would have been frigid to most races where Nim hailed from, but he himself did not mind it. A small smile played across his face as he considered an Eypharian up north. Nim closed his eyes as the forest's myriad of fresh scents and cool air played across his face. Often one feels as if one is being watched, and Nim was no exception. His eyes cracked open and he found a hulking Jamoura guard watching him about twenty yards away. Nimvahlis' calm eyes began to examine the Jamoura before him. Nim halted before the guard, hovering near eye level. "Greetings." Nim's voice sounded melancholic, even if he did not feel a such at the moment.

The Jamoura eyed Nim for a few seconds and looked as if he was about to strike up a conversation but upon second inspection of the Akvatari, decided against it. Go on little one, I see nothing inherently dangerous about you. The Jamoura waved him on with one of his massive hands, and Nim gave him what he thought was a friendly wave before taking off into The Spires.
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Skroth on March 18th, 2010, 1:11 pm

1st of Spring, 510 AV

Skroth had spent the previous night in deep meditation, his back against the trunk of an enormous tree, his fur the shade of his arboreal surroundings. He had sat there for hours, unmoving, gathering strength both physical and mental in preparation to perform a task he had chosen to undertake of himself.

Several days prior, he had heard a crash within the forest from his chosen tree of residence. Upon investigation, he had found an old tree had fallen, its roots too old and rotted to survive the cold winter. It was not of the gigantic variety he and the others of his people lived in but nonetheless it still crushed the few saplings around it, saplings that had thrived in the harsh climate where it could not.

The dead tree had also fallen squarely on top of a fox’s den nested at the base of another tree, completely covering it. Skroth had heard the scratching of the resident of the hole as it tired to dig its way out, as well as the soft yapping of its young. But the snow had already melted and the ground was still hard from the cold; the fox and its pups were effectively trapped. Skroth was determined to free them. It had already taken the whole of the previous day for him to snap off all the fallen tree’s branches and whittle the trunk down into a size he could attempt to move.

Now, as Syna peeked over the horizon, the massive Jamoura moved from his resting place, ready for the task before him. His fur immediately shifted back to its natural black sheen as he stretched and worked out the kinks in his limbs. Standing before the fallen tree, Skroth eyed it, estimating its weight. At least two strong males would be needed to carry the thing, probably.

He aimed to lift it by himself.

“Mother Caihya give me strength,” he whispered.

Taking deep breaths, Skroth pumped his biceps and expanded his chest with each inhalation, encouraging the flow of blood between his limbs and torso. He expelled the air in deep bellows - fearsome roars to any non-Jamoura that heard them. The trapped fox and its little pups quieted down at the dreadful sound, bringing guilt to their would-be rescuer for he thought the helpless creatures did not deserve more stress. Still, Skroth did not cease until he felt himself completely in control of his body... and his Djed.

Arms the size of logs, engorged as oxygen-filled blood flowed through them making them seem bigger, wrapped around the fallen tree, straining against its weight. Skroth braced himself and then heaved mightily. The sudden parting of the tree trunk from the ground surprised the giant, almost making him slip in his concentration in regulating his Djed. The tree wasn't as heavy as he had expected.

That, or I must have improved in Flux. Interesting.

Skroth set the tree trunk down on one side of his broad shoulders, transferring Djed to that particular muscle group at the same time. He turned towards the fox hole and saw that Mother Fox already had her sticking out of it and sniffing the air.

“Come out, little one,” he called, his voice deep and gravelly. “I cannot, on good conscience, let you miss this day. It is the first day of spring! Come out, and bring your young as well!”

The fox leaped out of its hole and regarded him curiously. It dipped its head once, as if in gratitude, then bolted away, perhaps to hunt for food to feed its hungry pups. Skroth chuckled. “Enjoy the season, my friends!” He waved at the creature even though he could not see it anymore. Settling his load more securely upon his shoulders, the Jamoura half-dragged and half-carried the tree trunk all the way up to the Spires.

As he cleared the gate, Skroth noticed that the guards had allowed another individual ahead of him. A peculiar creature, with a seal-like tail and gossamer wings, the being flapped idly towards the city proper. Skroth adjusted the monocle on his right eye and peered at it. An Akvatari?

“Hail, visitor,” Skroth called, shifting his burden to his other shoulder. “Most fortuitous it is that you arrive on this day, for the forest is just returning to life after the long winter. I bid you welcome to our humble city.”
Skroth
Banana Splitter

Words: 12910
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2010, 7:19 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Ja'soth on March 18th, 2010, 10:09 pm

(Nimvalis) As you ascend the great steps of the Jamoura city you feel a whisper on the wind, a sweet perfume that is not the abundant flowering vines that intertwine with the support vines. You feel as if you are being observed and not by the gentle giants that lope about the streets above you. It is apparent that though the Jamoura regard you as different, they also regard you as welcome, there is the occasional toothy smile and beating of a chest that symbolizes welcome among the ape beings.
The whisper grows and clarifies as you wander the streets of the Outer City. It becomes a voice and the voice is like the sound of the trees speaking.
Welcome to my children's home Nimvalis. It is by design that you were drawn here. Ask for directions to the Temple ,come to the Hahk'maghtar, the most sacred of Jamoura sites, look but do not touch and all will be revealed to you. One comes who will be your guide, trust him as he is called of me. Tell him the mother of the Jamoura calls you.

(Skroth) As you complete your rescue it seems as if the very trees whisper and there is the scent of nature around you. The mother fox turns to you and speaks in the Jamoura tongue which should be impossible for a fox .

Skroth my son, come quickly to the Gates, I have a mission for you. You will meet a most unusual being there. He will ask you to guide him to the Hahk'maghtar. Do so with my blessing, I will tell you more when you arrive.

The voice of the First Druid and mother of your race is clear as the running spring to you...you have been called.

OOCcontinue this thread in The Broken Circle
Ja'soth
Retired Staff

Words: 37567
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2009, 5:21 am
Race: Staff account

Postby Caelum on March 19th, 2010, 5:30 am

1st of Spring, 510 AV

The stranger had been riding through the night, racing while the stars wheeled and yawned, racing perhaps for no other reason than hunger to run as though he were flying again. The dappled grey Windrunner, Vega, was his sole companion and proved to be less tired than he when the horizon first paled with Syna's promise. The Spires was a city to which he had never been in his seven years of travel, no reason but that the stars had never led him there and that, frankly, was more than enough for him.

The transformation ambushed him before he made the gates which, probably, was for the better. The sun burned away the intricate whorls of ink on his Drykas skin as it rose, sinking into his flesh to leave a burnished shimmer behind instead. It caught in his hair like flames, transmuting shadow to bitter bark and autumn blood despite that today, today it was spring and he ought possess colors other than those of the dying season and the dead one. Yet the braids of his hair unraveled and delicate horns swept back to gleam gold and green all the same. He blinked, shifting in the saddle beneath the shadows of the trees as the Gate came into sight. When his eyes opened again they burned molten alchemy.

His horse plodded on, no longer racing, ambling instead beneath the dawn light. Worn, umber leather and ragged linen rustled as he tilted his head back, eyes closing in a sweep of matchstick lashes against impossibly high cheekbones. Ethaefal meant beauty in many mouths, and maybe it still did for him. If so, he knew it not, feeling the hollow ache, the blazing jitter of memories he did not want, capture him as his once beloved Syna woke for another spin around the world.

Bloody bitch.

The map, or the idea of a map with all of it's numerous corrections and archaic notations, crumpled in a scarred hand. Hunger, whatever the hunger was for, be it flight or food, gnawed harder now than it had beneath the moon. Whipcord shoulders hunched, eyes opened, and he tucked the map back away while nearing the Gates.

Not for one minute did he think he would find what he sought in the Spires. Then he never thought that of anywhere.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Arareis on July 9th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Day 39, Season of Summer, 510 AV

So, it seems i have arrived at the gate of The Spires. Interesting, so peaceful here. I like the serenity, this smell of nature, this calming mood. I believe i may like it here. Arareis thought to himself as he sat atop a tree looking down at the gate. I will need to look less alarming if i wish to enter, surely a stray black bear wouldn't be welcome from out of the blue.He began morphing into his human form, setting down his backpack full of his belongings.

A few moments later, there stood a 6 foot tall man, completely nude. He reached down into his bag and pulled out his jacket and pants and begun getting dressed. As he finished putting on his clothes and tossing his backpack over his shoulder, he heard his stomach growl. Well, that took a lot out of me, i need to find some food soon. I can only go so long without eating. Arareis then began to make his way toward the main gate. He walks at a normal pace, being in no real rush, when a deer to his right catches his eye. I believe i found dinner. He thought to himself and he quickly ran up the tree beside the deer and jumped down on him. Soon the deer lay there dead while Arareis was skinning him and pulling the meat from his side. Minutes later Arareis' stomach was satisfied.

Finally he comes up to the gate where the guard stands. He stands there for a moment trying to think of how to greet him. Hi, i'm new around here. I've been wandering the world for a while. I've hoping to find somewhere to settle for a while. I like the environment here, i'm wishing to stay here for a while. The Jamoura guard stood there for a moment and looked at Arareis up and down, then said. Welcome to our city outsider. I'm glad to hear you like the surroundings here, The Spires is a peaceful place.I do hope you enjoy your stay. I see no eminent threat by you, so you may enter our great city. Arareis then smiled and waved to the guard, then turned around and said Thank you, sir. as he headed off into The Spires.
~It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.~
Arareis
Player

Words: 5912
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2010, 1:56 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Karth on August 16th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Karth
Karth had been out in the forest for two weeks. He had been engrossed in meditating. He had been watching a waterfall, and mulling over what this integral slice of the forest meant to his life. He had always thought that everything had meaning, and all meaning had a purpose. So he had tried to find a purpose, and had sat there until he could find one. he hadn't eaten or drank for the duration of his study, as he had been completely engrossed in his query. As he walked back he could feel his entire being screaming for sustenance. He grimaced, and thought to himself "I wish that I would remember hunger, while my meditation is going on, and not leave the pain till after" "I will need to think on this dilemma..." He was nearing the gates, and could see the guard resting by the side of a bloodwood tree. He nodded to him, and continued walking toward his destination, the center of the city. The circle of the Hahk'maghtar.
Remember... you are expressing the technique, not doing the technique

Karth
Player

Words: 4702
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:14 am
Character sheet

Postby Pith on November 24th, 2010, 2:28 am

Walking through the gates once more, Pith looked around. though he went through it so often, this time he spent a bit more attention looking around. today it was very quiet, and empty, unlike usual, when there were many people going through at once.

he enjoyed the solitude once in a while, and not getting odd looks from being one of the few humans.

still though, he was a native of the Spires, and knew this area by heart. Walking along, he went to his families house, to visit his older brother.
Pith
Player

Words: 1548
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2010, 9:09 pm
Race: Human

Postby Kish on June 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm

TIMESTAMP: Summer day 68, 511.

I'm finally home. Kish reached the entrance of the Spires, and sat down on the side of the road. He was tired to the bone. Thinking back, he was suprised he had even made it to where he was now-he had expected to be attacked and eaten by one of the many animals that roamed the area around his home. He thought back to his recent adventure- taking a boat to Akvatar Isle, then to Riverfall...looking for work, hating the place, and taking a boat to some other location- he forgot where. Then, the long trek back, his near death, and finally arriving here. It had taken him nearly 70 days to reach his location, and not a minute too soon- he had eaten almost all of his provisions in his small adventure, and was starving and thirsty. He could swear he might collapse if he didn't eat soon. He took out his bag, and ate the last of his food- half a pound of mushrooms, some slices of ham, and an apple. All that was left was an ounce of elderberries and a pint of honey. Still feeling hungry, he gobbled them up too. He found a pound of bacon in his bag, and ate that too. Feeling replenished, he began to walk down the road- onwards to his home in the Spires.
Kish
Player

Words: 4804
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Postby carric on June 8th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Carric came towards the gate, having returned after a relatively long excursion out into the wilderness. He sat down just inside the entrance and looked around. He'd had very little success trying to hunt, and so instead he had managed to gather together some herbs and berries (after checking to make sure that they weren't poisonous), which he was then busy eating. Luckily, though, he hadn't had to eat any of the food that was stored in his backpack -- it was only enough for a week, so he didn't want to use it up just yet. When he was finished with his meal he continued farther into The Spires, glad to be home and at the same time missing the previous few days of roaming throughout the forest. Though he had found a place in civilization, the woods were still his true home.
carric
Player

Words: 1715
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2011, 2:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Next