[Aidara's Scrapbook] It's Real For Us

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aidara on May 7th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Today is a beautiful Saturday, and I can't really enjoy it because I'm still seriously suffering from allergies. I am watching after my best friends Antique shop while they are out at some super fabulous auction.

I went to the doctors this morning though and she seems to think that I have asthma, which is strange because I have never had any sign of it before. I did have pneumonia a couple years ago and a cough that never really goes away as a result (well, I mean, whenever I get sick it's a 100% chance that I will get a cough with it. I'm not hacking all the time, that'd be gross.) She also seems to think that I have some persistent strain of strep throat. I'm a mess, apparently. I just want to order them to take out my tonsils, but they wont.

Don't they know I religiously watch House, and therefore I am sufficiently trained as a doctor, so much so that I can even skip right over med school? People not believing in me, seriously.

Actually, I hope it pours today. The shop I'm babysitting is on Main st in my tourist town (yes, they've already come aflocking- fanny packs and all.), because then no one in their right mind would go walking down the street in that weather. And hopefully the rain would be able to do something about the thick coat of pollen on everything. I'm sure that's not helping my situation any.

I have my Harry Potter book and my laptop, so I should be able to survive these five hours. It's not uncomfortable and I'm glad to help out. I'm just feeling a bit tired, and the shop isn't the busiest place yet, so I want to do everything I can to keep from being drowsy.

I have my last Final on Monday, and I was planning on using the five hours that I was going to be here in the shop to study, but their computer is so slow that it doesn't access my school website (where all the power points from that class is stored) without freezing. So it looks like I'll have to find something else to do.

I was playing around Stumbleupon today, and found these. I thought they were adorable.

OMGUH Cute Dogs :

Some of those are rather mean to submit an animal too, but still pretty darn cute.

So, I've been struggling trying to develop my latest character. I want her to have a gnosis, but I just can't decide. I tend to lean towards the types of skill that don't require any magic. I'm not sure why, but it's just not my first instinct. So I guess I'm trying to force myself to play that half of the spectrum. I'm all about furthering my writing skills, and this character is going to do it. I'm also going to try and better develop my combat writing styles, because that is also something that I avoid.

But I was looking through the gnosis's and I just couldn't pick one. I really wanted Nightstalking and I just don't think I can properly write the Mark story to be able to receive it, since I'm told it's a very hard one to get. I'm having trouble making a commitment, I guess. I was talking to Mish and she was trying to get me to brainstorm about it, and just simply asked me which ones I wanted and I couldn't answer her, my response being something along the lines of that maybe I didn't want a gnosis and was just trying to force myself to give her one.

But that is what I'm trying to do. So it's frustrating.

I've also been very motivated lately. I've started a whole bunch of new threads, and minus the couple of descriptions left to do for locations in WR, I have finished all my AS duties that I had let pile up. During the middle of the semester, I completely lost all my imagination and motivation to write, and was defiantly slacking in that respect.

But it feels good to be back. Sometimes I sit down in front of the computer and just not want to write or respond to any threads. I make myself do it anyway and then I get onto a roll and it just feels nice. I'm notorious for avoiding doing things when I'm not feeling 100%, where if I just pushed myself a little bit then I would have been fine doing them in the first place. It's stupid that little lessons like these, I could have learned years ago, but instead it takes me until I'm almost 24 to realize them. Oh well.

I am also in LOVE with the thread challenge that Jen came up with for Wind Reach, and I seriously hope that everyone takes advantage of that and the calendar events. It's a fabulous idea. I mentioned to her last week that I seriously wished I could do more solo's, but I never have any ideas for them. This is the perfect solution! Seriously! I've already banged out one solo and am about to work on another.

I know how Jen feels about cities copying each others ideas but this, I think, is an idea worth copying.

Oh, I also dyed my hair.

Before, don't mind the unflattering costume :

After, don't mind the Myspace style photo :

Happy Saturday!
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on May 7th, 2011, 6:16 pm

that is all.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Osami on May 7th, 2011, 6:22 pm

This is my reply to that cute cat.

Also like the new hair color!
Osami
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 4:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cayenne on May 7th, 2011, 8:23 pm

I love the new hair colour, and the costume is fabulous. Don't let anyone tell you different!

Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Kelpie on May 7th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Hey I showed that on facebook. CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. :P
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aidara on May 7th, 2011, 8:57 pm

My huggy kitty? I found it on stumble :) I didn't know it was on your Facebook. Great minds think alike!

All the other kitties are adorableeeeee
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aidara on May 9th, 2011, 9:30 pm

It's officially summer. Wooooooooooooooooooooo! Now, with the weight of finals off my shoulders, I can relax and all of you whom I owe posts will be getting them later today. My brain needs a rest first.

I'm also sitting here watching Pawn Stars while I type this, and this show just... completely irritates me. The dude is an asshole, and completely rips everyone off. I understand that it is a pawn shop, and that's what they do is rip people off but seriously... He buys something for $8,000 and then turns around to sell it for like $27,000. The dude wanted 16,000 originally. I don't know. It just makes me mad.

My brother also makes me mad. I can't do anything without him making fun of me. Yeah, I know, shrug it off. I get picked on a lot. I say things without thinking, ask questions before I realize how stupid they are and... I'm just me, where ever I am and whatever I do. I don't try to pretend to be someone else, I don't pretend to be nice, I don't try and be mean. I'm flighty, happy, bubbly, but I still have my angry moments, and my down days.

However, roll that all up into an uncoordinated, outgoing person such as myself and you get lots of opportunities to make fun of someone. And my family and friends jump on that a lot. I don't mind. I've been teased and made fun of for as long as I can remember. I just laugh at myself, because I think it's a shame that some people cant. And most of the time, I think something is funny that no one else does. And if I'm laughing, well than obviously my joke or whatever was a success :P

But sometimes... I can't deal with it. Nolan does it to be mean. And he knows exactly how to hit and where. His jokes and jabs are usually hypocritical (I "treated" myself to McDonald's today just because I wanted some, and he made fun of me for it even though he eats it like, every other day.) My dad does it to me too. I get made fun of for liking fantasy stuff, going to renaissance faires, being on the computer, writing for Miz, having friends that I talk to online.... Everything.

Now the things I listed aren't all of me, obviously. They're just the easy things to pick on. I'd MUCH rather hang around the house, do outdoor stuff or read or write then go to some raging party. That's just me, and what I prefer. But I get picked on for that too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes it's okay, when it's meant in a nice way (which it usually is, so don't stop. Most of the time I find it funny also.) But lots of times it hurts. I guess I can say I'm a strong person because even though it hurts me, I haven't changed who I am at all.

The ducks and I chatted for a bit
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Cayenne on May 10th, 2011, 12:54 am

Muscovies! <333333

I recognize Muscovy ducks! :D

A friend of mine that I visited in FL had a mallard that she raised from an egg, but her neighbours had muscovies, and those things were like... gangster ducks. They were evil buggers and almost as big as freaking turkeys. Their houses backed up to a lake, so those ducks went everywhere and they were just eeeeevil.

But it's nice to see you having a chat with those ones. :D
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Cailet on May 12th, 2011, 11:03 am

To all my Miazarian loves,

I promised a bunch of you posts and I promised Vala graded threads but I got a chance to visit my friend since second grade in NYC for the next two days.

I'll miss you all and I'm sure you'll all understand

:)
Blue is Cailet...
Purple is Everyone else...
Italics is Amanda...
Bold are the shadows, ever whispering...
Cailet
We know.

Words: 99246
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2010, 3:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on May 12th, 2011, 11:05 am

Oh, and I guess my phone didnt change my Pc account. I reaffirm that the above strange PC is me :)
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext