Stranger things have happened with strangers (Alexandra)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Darren on April 14th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Date: 47th of Spring, Year 511

The markets were abuzz with life as Darren found himself looking at the market near Skyglow hold. Hmm it seems like I can probably get myself a decent deal if I were to look around today he thought as he slowly made his way to the area. He found himself caught up in the spirit of the market as he watched the artists showing off their works of art. He flashed a short grin as he went along the market to see if any of the pieces any of the SkyGlows made impressed him enough to buy it. True he can be seen as a more physical had a somewhat mechanical way to look at things but he allowed himself to enjoy art, even though he really wasn't that into it. The same thought kept running through his head as he went along the wares. It's nice I admit, but it's just not my thing he thought as he went through the first section of the market.

Finally he came across a face he didn't recognize, rather a face with a mess of hair over it. He tilted his head in a somewhat intrigued fashion as he paused to take in the new sight. She looked to be a Vantha, the usual skin tone and hair color seemed to be correct he thought. Thinking that she was one of his own he happily approached the new person, being the prolific man friend that he was. "Hi there!" He said softly as he approached slowly. He flashed a somewhat amused smile as he went on to introduce himself. "I believe we haven't met, rather I don't think I've ever seen you in Avanthal before" he explained. Of course he didn't know EVERYONE that well but he can recognize most people's faces in the town.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Darren of the WhiteVine hold. Son of Sifler and Mary Whitevine. An enthusiastic man of the physical arts."
he said with a somewhat proud body language and a somewhat verbose air. He grinned as he too in the stranger's reaction before continuing. He was in an artsy place after all, so he felt the urge to somewhat help the person relate to him a bit better. "That's a pretty...erm... whatever that is" he said pointing at the closest thing in the stall in front of them. He hung his head low in a playful fashion as he looked at her, waited for her to speak her piece.
Last edited by Darren on April 16th, 2011, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Von on April 14th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Alex was leaning back against a chair. She watched people walk past her through her bangs. Today she was trying to sell some art to make money. It wasn't something she would have usually done but Kilian had convinced her to. She was currently O.K. money wise but she wouldn't be for long. She had painted some happy colorful paintings and then some dark moody paintings. She also had a couple of paintings of Kilian, Maxy, Jack, and Jen. They didn't exactly look like them but had a couple of their physical characteristics. She sighed as Kilian and Maxy appeared beside her and started bickering. They were suppose to be here for support, not fighting. She would have told them to stop, except she didn't feel like having people look at her like she was crazy today.

She was engrossed in thought as a guy came up to her and said 'hi'. She looked up at him and smiled. "Hi!" she said, putting on her friendly smile she usually used to greet people. She nodded and introduced herself, "I am Alexandra" She didn't really have anything else to say. She suspected that he was proud of who he was because of his body language. To her it didn't really matter, she was just Alexandra. She laughed at Darren. That's a pretty.. erm... whatever that is? She smirked. "That's a picture of a boy.. who's my friend.." she said. The last part was kinda the truth. He wasn't really her real life friend, but he was her friend.

Alex leaned back and smiled. Then she looked over to see Kilian and Jack fighting. When the hell had Jack gotten here? she thought with a sigh. She should really get them to stop. . . but she was in the middle of talking to a person. Then all of a sudden Kilian came over and stared at Darren. "Who's this guy? Is he giving you trouble?" Kilian asked while narrowing his eyes at him. Alex was getting frustrated with them so she said without thinking, "Kilian! I am trying to work here. Since this was YOUR idea maybe you should just sit back and calm down?" She realized what she did right after she said it. She blushed and looked at the ground. She was glad she didn't say it very loud, but she had said it loud enough for Darren to hear her.
Alexandra Von
Seer of Imaginary People

Words: 7090
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2011, 12:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Darren on April 15th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Darren gave Alexandra a quizzical look as she introduced herself. He was a bit miffed that she didn't say what hold she was from, a pleasantry he was more then grateful for. Oh! Perhaps she's like Cara and doesn't like her hold that much he thought silently investigating possible reasons on the matter, Or perhaps since she's selling art in the middle of the Skyglow market it's sort of obvious as to where she is from. Darren nodded looking as if to accept the name, silently giving her the benefit of the mind. Finding himself looking back at the pieces of art, found that he was rather baffled and perplexed at the pictures she drew. He gave her an automatic nod as she explained what they were. However as she said this he was slowly starting to form a disapproving look at the Vantha and her paintings.

True his attempts at drawing were even worse then hers but he felt the pictures of the ones she drew occasionally disproportionate but on the whole looked completely in disarray, according to him at least. Maybe this is what they call abstract art? he pondered as he slowly reached out and touched the pictures lightly. "Oh? ...Is that so?" he finally responded in a low voice, he continued his reply with a wanton tone "That is an interesting way to portray your friends I admit. Rather interesting indeed" he said looking at Alexandra closely.

His thought process of befriending his newest companion was dragged to a crawl as she suddenly sounded as if she chided a random individual. Normally, he would ignore the statement and pass it off as a normal thing but at this moment, for some reason... it looked like it was directly to him. Hmm...now I know that I didn't say my name was Kilian he thought as looking at her. Darren raised his left brow to give Alexandra a somewhat intimidating and questioning look at her. Darren kept a steady gaze at Alexandra, his eyes looking as if he had little patience for such folly as he slowly turned his head to look behind him to see if he was being made a fool. Surely enough however, there was someone behind with a disapproving look on his face. Seeing this he tilted his head back at Alexandra giving her a boyish smile as he realized that she wasn't talking to him.

"Yea Kilian! Leave her alone! If you mess with my new friend Alexandra here, you gonna have to deal with me as well." he threateneed in a childish, challenging tone. He put his arm around Alexandra's shoulder as he stared back at the man with an amused smirk. He made elaborate gestures at the man trying to start a mock-fight between the two. Luckily the stranger merely looked away looking more confused then peeved much to Darren's disappointment. Darren allowed himself a small chuckle watching the stranger go, he winked at Alexandra in a buddy-buddy way before taking his arm off of her. "Hehe, we showed him didn't we?" he grinned. Alright my opening statement too her wasn't that impressive, but I suppose this will give her a big impression as any about me he thought.

"Anyways, care to tell me a bit about yourself?"
he asked, looking amused by the little interaction with "Kilian." "I mean I can go all day talking about myself. But it's mostly just small stories about me and others or rants about my ideals, but I suppose it is best for everyone if one were to be eased into such things rather then hear it all at once. You know...small doses." Darren explained in a matter-o-factly sort of tone. He pursed his lips together for a moment quickly gathering his thoughts for a second before letting himself speak whatever flew into his mind.

"Ah I know!" the man said, giving his latest acquaintance a mischievous grin before his onslaught of questions came. "Are there any other hobbies that you like to do besides art? Perhaps you like long walks around Taldera, the snowy expanse of the world? Or maybe you are a more of a dinner and an evening in the tavern sort of girl? Would you be interested in a dinner by the docks accompanied by a slow walk around the beach with me perhaps?"

Darren paused to indicate that he was finished, rather then taking in another breath before continuing. A long, array of questions given with a very enthusiastic and fast voice caused him to lose his breathe as he looked to see her reaction. He gave her the same playful look from before, hopefully she would realize that perhaps he was joking about the thing and she didn't have to answer ALL of the questions. Perhaps.

"So...what do you say?"

oocYea sorry about that, that interaction took a bit more words then I thought
Last edited by Darren on April 15th, 2011, 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Von on April 15th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Alex smiled, she shrugged. She liked her paintings, and was proud of them. She blushed as Darren thought that she was talking to the person behind him. She giggled as he thought that the man behind him was Kilian and gave mock threats. She turned her head to give Kilian a look and laughed some more. His face was priceless, he was confused and angry and was staring at Darren. She made a quick shooing motion to him and smiled at her friends vanished. She nodded at Darren as he asked her if they showed him and grinned.

"I am Alexandra and I use to live with my brother. I moved away a while ago and am now trying to make money. What about you? I would like to know a thing or two." She said it all with a smile. She liked hearing a bit about people, it was interesting. She tilted her head to the side and debated on bringing Kilian and Maxy back out. She guessed she shouldn't, especially because of what had just happened. It was lucky that the guy didn't get angry, just left with a confused look.

Alex smiled as the onslaught of questions her way. "I like to fight, with a sword and unarmed. I also like to chat with my friends. I wouldn't mind going for an adventure." she said with a grin. Then she continued with a short breath, "Sure, I'll go out for dinner too. Hmm go with you? Sure, I wouldn't mind that." She smiled at him and tilted her head at him. She was curious about him too. She decided she would ask him an onslaught of questions too!

"So what about you? What do you like doing? Do you like going for walks or adventures? Or do you like just going out for dinner? What about entertainment, what do you do for that? How about this: Would you like to go out for dinner with me?" She said the last part with a smile. She wasn't exactly sure if he was joking about that. So she was just going to have fun with this little chat she was having.
Alexandra Von
Seer of Imaginary People

Character sheet

Postby Darren on April 15th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Darren was taken back by the straightforward reply, normally most people would dismiss this as him just joking around. However this one was taking him rather seriously, she even agreed to go out with a stranger he just met. He blushed a bit, grinning back at her now. Now this you don't see everyday, I think I actually like this one he thought as he nodded in her approval. "Oh? You know how to fight you say? Adventurous and already willing to go spend a night out with me already huh? Hehe you and I might get along just fine" he finally replied back to her. The edge on his voice lost any signs of his usual overbearing and over friendly tone as he started to speak freely.

"Oh my I must say I'm a bit bashful at this sudden turn of events" he admitted trying to act out looking shy. Of course he wasn't that type of person at as he quickly dropped the act. "I like to run. I love the feeling of the cold air as I go along my daily routine. In effect I like to workout as I said before. I myself know how to fight with the marital arts and regularly go on private excursions around the wilderness. Heh, as much as I like a good meal I think I actually settle for an adventure over it. As for entertainment I'm quite similar to you, I like to talk with others but also wouldn't mind spending time with animals. Alongside that and the usual pranks around town I keep myself quite entertained. And to answer your last question, I accept." he replied, talking in a soft, thoughtful voice.

As long as she was being straight with him he would do the same in turn. "Did you have anywhere in mind or would you rather I pick the place? he asked a somewhat lustful look in his eye. He still kept the atmosphere the same but one can easily see that it might change soon. "...are you free right now?" he asked, almost purring out the last part. He beckoned her away from the stall so they can possibly get ...familiar in a more private place. His mind was abuzz, thinking of all sorts of thoughts in the heat of the moment. Some good, some bad, some rather naughty.
Last edited by Darren on April 16th, 2011, 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Von on April 16th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Alex nodded, she knew how to fight and didn't mind going out for dinner with him. He seemed nice enough and she hadn't really gotten to know anybody here yet, even though she'd been here for eight years. . . Alex shrugged that thought off. She just wasn't very social with people everybody could see, because then she could. . . mess up? She wasn't sure why she got nervous sometimes around some people. She was one of those happy people, but she did get shy at points. She smiled as he went on about himself, she liked listening to people talk about themselves more than she liked talking about herself.

After he was done talking she smiled and said, "Maybe we can fight sometime so I can kick your butt! Also an adventure would be cool" Alex looked at him as he asked if she wanted to go somewhere in particular. She shrugged saying, "You can pick. I haven't really been out to any before." It was true, she usually just stayed home with her brother or now just stayed home herself. She nodded as he asked if she were free right now.

She moved away from the stall to Darren. She smiled at him and gave him a questioning look. "D-Did you want to go now?" she murmured quietly. Shyness had overtaken her and she was blushing and looking at the ground. She shuffled uneasily and kind of wished Kilian was here to make her feel. . . un-shy. But she didn't summon him, she knew that he would make things worse right now and she might start yelling at him by accident again. She took a quick glance up to look at Darren.
Alexandra Von
Seer of Imaginary People

Character sheet

Postby Darren on April 16th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Darren gave a steady smile as he watcher her move slowly from the stall. "Well, no if we don't have to go" he said slowly trying to help her relax. He went up and brought her hands in front of him before looking at her again, "There's nothing to be shy about dear." He said as he gave her a reassuring nod before looking around them. This place might actually the better place to be he thought as he noted the lively atmosphere still in the air. He looked back at Alexandra, a girl he just met, a feeling of warmth and fervor greeted him when he had done so.

"I suppose not, if your still feeling a bit shy I can humor you a bit more. After all I am the one who started all this confusion." he smiled. He let go of her hands as he motioned at the market around them. "If you would like we can go around the area together and see how it goes." He offered as he moved a bit closer to her face. This has been bothering him since he met her, he softly moved strands of hair away from her face ending the motion with his fingers slowly running down her cheek. "There you are" he said looking directly into her eyes, his own turning into a deep blue to mirror hers.

"Well with that out of the way...and no objections. You ready to go?" he asked as he drew himself back from her, an enthusiastic mannerism almost seething from him. Making a new friend was enough cause to brighten up anyone's mood, and Darren was no different as he took a look at the stall closest to him. He wasn't at all knowledgeable about the intricate practice of art, but he enjoyed it all the same. "Alright partner, I'm relying on you to show me around this place." Darren replied. Slowly, and perhaps a bit shyly he moved close to Alexandras side as he had a hand around her waist before pulling him close. "I believe I'm all yours today..." he whispered face to face.
Last edited by Darren on April 16th, 2011, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Von on April 16th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Alex murmured, "Okay". She tried to push down the shyness that had overwhelmed her and succeeded. She gave him a grin and looked up. She nodded at his offer to look around the market. Then she blushed as he moved her hair to look into her eyes. She again pushed down the shyness that started to bubble up. This was very unlike her, she usually wasn't so shy. She was starting to wonder what was wrong with her.

Alex nodded and followed him to the nearest stall. She laughed as he said he needed her help and said, "I don't usually come here too much, only recently." This was true, she usually had stayed by herself somewhere quiet and peaceful. Alex was startled as his arm slipped around her waist and pulling her close. Then she blushed again when he whispered to her. The odd thing about all of this was that she enjoyed it. . .

She shook that thought, she was just confused or something. She smiled at him and pulled him around the market. She explained what she could about some paintings. After a while she decides she wants to hear more about him, so she brings up a conversation. "So, Darren. Tell me more about yourself," she said with a curious look on her face. What information she had about him wasn't enough, she wanted to know more about him.
Alexandra Von
Seer of Imaginary People

Character sheet

Postby Darren on April 16th, 2011, 9:31 pm

They spent a decent part of that evening viewing what the other's had to sell, usually looking through almost every piece of art available as they they tried to make sense of the pieces. True most of the pictures were pretty straightforward and easy to understand. A sunset, the wilderness, portraits of Morwen were things that Darren could easy understand and appreciate. However he often found himself looking at the odd piece of art and softly nudging Alexandra to take a look and see how she would react. This relative exchange was finally interrupted as she asked more about him.

He flashed another confused look as he watched her curious expression. "Hmm...I don't think there's that much more about myself" he said calmly. He tried to mask any other expression from her as he closed his eyes and yawned. Now I told her mostly everything about me he thought as he finally finished and tilted his head to face her. Why would she want to dig deeper then that? He merely shrugged before continuing "I'm just your regular Vantha, born and raised at the WhiteVine Compound. Living alone in his own room, and making a living as massage therapist" he stated.

"There might be a few things there I forgot to mention but that's basically the gist of it. Ah right. I also help run the underground world on weekends." he revealed, showing off his straight "Fight manager sorta guy. Good people, fun business. Keeps one busy." Now he was just babbling, he really wasn't too focus'd on what he was saying now as he wondered what prompted the question again. "Why? Is there something in particular you want to know about me? Or perhaps something you want to share?" He said, mentally kicking himself for such a statement. He was planning to move in close to her and see if he could manage something a bit more intimate but he question he posed stopped all pretenses of the action. He knew he would probably wait another time before trying to do so again, looking back at her eyes with a less enthusiastic grin as he tried to keep this going.
Last edited by Darren on April 18th, 2011, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Von on April 16th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Alex walked along listening and nodding. She shook her head towards his question, she hadn't asked for anything in particular. She just was curious. She silently walked around staring at the artwork, some of it was amazing. She found abstract art her favorite, and she just enjoyed the way it looked and spoke to her. She took his hand and grinned at him while starting a question, "Alright, you get a choice. Would you like to go out for dinner now or learn how to paint?"

She didn't care about which one he chose but she thought it would be fun to do something else with him. She wondered how he would do at painting while it would also be fun to go out for dinner with him. She was going to do what he wanted to do but she was kind of leaning towards painting. She was in an artistic mood. Then she had an idea, she smirked at him.

"Or we can always do that fight," she said with a grin. Then laughed as she added, "We both know I'll kick your butt. Girl power!" Alex was kidding around with the last part but she wouldn't actually mind a little brawl. She also was in an excited/hyper mood. She took his hand in hers and looked at him, raising an eye brow. "So what'll it be?"
Alexandra Von
Seer of Imaginary People

Character sheet

Next