Off to see the Doctor (Aello, Roman)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Alenias on April 19th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Season of Spring, Day 24(Evening), 511 AV

Alenias was holding her injured arm as she followed Aello through the streets of Ravok. It had been a little time since the dog had bitten her, and now that she wasn't feeling bad about disobeying Aello the bite was hurting. She didn't cry though, just gave the occasional sniffle or whimper as they moved through the streets.

Aello had said they were going to a doctor to get her arm taken care of. Alenias had never been to a doctor before. Whenever she'd been hurt before it always got better on its own, or Treanas had taken care of it. She thought Aello had done a good job in bandaging her arm, but she certainly wasn't going to disagree if Aello said they had to go to this doctor.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on April 19th, 2011, 3:47 pm

"It shouldn't be much farther now," Aello whispered, as she wove her way through the streets of Ravok, Alenias trailing only an inch or two behind, if at all. "The doctors are always lurking around here somewhere," she muttered, as Yune chirped a few times in her ear. Perhaps it was meant to be reassuring, or perhaps she was trying to give the young spiritist directions. Either way, Aello wouldn't know, considering she didn't speak sparrow. But Alenias seemed to. "Is she saying anything important, say something along the lines of a set of directions?" Aello asked, as she took a left down the street.

Aello had gotten a little lost a few minutes ago. She had been down these streets dozens of times, but she didn't quite remember where the doctor was situated. She was clutching her bow tightly in her left hand, her knuckles growing white. Filthy wolves, we should just kill them all when we get the chance. The same with the hypnotists, they can all die too. Disgusting creatures that they are. As anger rose within the girl, she found the edges of her cheeks growing warmer and warmer, as well as a little red. It was difficult for her not to ball each of her hands into fists, and for her not to spit on the ground in disgust, as her muscles rippled. Tensing and then becoming lax all over again.

The stars seemed to sparkle above the traveler's heads, while the light of the milky moon cast Aello in a pale light, which made her seem slightly, inhuman. As Aello reached the end of the next street, she turned right. Her steps were falling lightly on the ground, as though she didn't want to be seen or heard. Perhaps she was embarrassed by the state of her Kelvic friend, or worried about who else may be about. None of her companions could be sure. But whatever it was, they were more than likely smart enough not to ask why she appeared to be proceeding somewhat cautiously.

After a few more moments of silence, Aello stopped in front of a large wooden door. The place seemed familiar, and Aello knew that she had to be at their destination. Aello turned her head to the side, and noticed a small wooden plaque glowing in the pale moonlight. The plaque read, Roman, Doctor. "Well, we're here," she said simply, as she lifted her right hand, and knocked on the door three times. A low, wooden sound shot through the air as the girls waited. "Hopefully he is in today, and has not yet tried to go to bed. Waking people from their slumber is never a good thing. They're always cranky and disoriented," Aello whispered.

OOCI hope you don't mind the sign Roman, I don't know how else we would know we were in the right place.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roman on April 19th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Roman was enjoying a cup of tea while he was relaxing in his chair after a tiring day of working with some patients, trying to make some now herbal treatments that he was running down on, which meant he had to go back into the woods to get them and track a few down what he needed in the market both which had taken quite a lot of time, so frankly roman thought that he deserved a little bit of rest and a nice cup of tea. He slowly took a sip from his tea and let out a sigh, nothing could disturb him now. A low knocking sound sounded from the door at that exact moment the thought was finished.

"Rhysol damn you."

Slowly putting down his cup of tea and pulled himself out of his chair. Muttering some curses about the linage of whoever disturbed his little time for himself.
He walked towards the door and pulled it open, his 6 foot 6 inches high frame towering over a small woman and a little kid, both that hegot the feeling that he should remember them somewhere, though he hadn't the faintest clue who the hell they where. Besides they wouldn't be important probably saw them on the street or in the silver sliver.
Looking down on them with a slightly cranky look on his face, though that softened a bit when he saw the sloppy bandages tied around the child's arm and took a step back.
"Please come inside so that we can get that bandage looked at," He looked at aello. "I assume that is what needs to be looked at right?"
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on April 19th, 2011, 6:20 pm

"Don't worry dear, Aello will take care of you. She helped me when I broke my wing," Yune chirped to Alenias, drawing out a small smile from the girl. Aello was the best, she was glad that Aello was taking care of her now.

In response to Aello's question about what Yune was saying Alenias gave a small shake of her head and a simple, "No," as she followed the woman closely through the streets. She didn't know where they were going, but knew that wherever it was Aello would lead them there.

As they turned this way and that down the streets Alenias picked up on the fact that something was bothering Aello. Was she unhappy at Alenias? She didn't think so, because Alenias had already apologized, but she would have to do something to make up for disobeying Aello later. Maybe she was nervous? Alenias could understand that, there were lots of bad and scary people in Ravok. Now sure that was what was wrong Alenias started to watch to make sure no bad people were around.

Eventually they arrived where they were going, and Aello knocked on the door. Curious Alenias watched the door and waited to see who would appear. When the door did open her eyes went wide with fear at the huge man who stood there. Even as he spoke to them Alenias pressed up close behind Aello and whispered down to her ear, "Aello, we should go. He's a really mean giant, and I think he wanted to eat me before. He said no, but he was trying to take me somewhere."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on April 19th, 2011, 7:17 pm

"It'll be alright Alenias," Aello whispered in response to the Kelvic. "You're not alone, Yune and I are here to look after you," she said, as she walked through the door, hoping that would be enough for Alenias to come along. When she had stepped inside, she took a look around- everything seemed as it should be.

"Well doc," Aello began, as she glanced over to the familiar giant, "Alenias here could use your assistance. We were attacked by a wolf while out in the forest, and as you can see, he managed to take a bite..." the girl's voice trailed off as she waited for Roman to inspect her friend. "It has been crudely bandaged, but not treated. We don't want it getting infected... can you fix it?" she finally asked, as her eyes glanced over him again. She knew she had seen him before, but didn't know where she had seen him.

"Of course, payment can be determined once the services have been rendered," Aello finally went on. She was watching the doctor out of the corner of her eye. "Surely you understand. After all, this is Ravok, and well, not all of the doctors can be trusted. Nor are many of them any good." There was a slight pause. "Hopefully, you don't fall into that category."

At this point, Aello had turned her head to examine the doctor. She was staring at him intently, and breathing evenly. In through the nose, and out through the mouth, a few moments later, she noticed an emerald green mist swirling around the doctor. It seemed to wrap around his fingers like bandages, holding his body in place. He is certainly a healer, of sorts, Aello thought, as the Kelvic's aura danced over to the green. Her aura was a dark blue, much like the night sky, that the two had left behind. She is still afraid of what may happen, Aello thought, silently wishing that Alenias would not fear, when there was nothing to fear. After all, the worst of their day had to be over now. They had survived the wilderness, and made it back largely in one piece, hadn't they?

Aello's pupil's dilated as she watched the two aura's press together along the edges. At times, they seemed to move together, in a counter-clockwise fashion, each spinning around their owners like a soft whirlpool. At others, they seemed to push into each other, as though trying to force the other closer to their owner, while the aura inched farther away from the rest of itself. Perhaps auras are not meant to mesh, Aello thought, as she watched. Aello stood quietly, her grip tightening around her bow once more. Perhaps if one's aura ever gets too close to that of another, each person loses a bit of themselves. Each person takes on a bit of the person that draws too near. There was no way for Aello to prove this, but it was an interesting theory. It gave her something to think about while she waited.

As Yune chirped again, Aello's concentration broke, and the auras faded away, into thin air. She blinked rapidly a few times, as the edges of her eyes began to sting. Perhaps she had looked for too long.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roman on April 21st, 2011, 6:10 pm

Roman looked at the little girl with wide eyes, his mind desperately trying to figure out when that happened. When his mind drew up a blank, he was about to try and say that he didn't remember doing that, and that even if he did that he wouldn't had the intentions to do her any harm before the woman ushered the little kid inside and calmed it down before turning around and glanced over to him before beginning to explaining what the wound was.
"Bitten by a wolf you say?" He knelt down next to the girl, gently grasped her arm to keep her still before he untied the rather sloppy bandages and took a good look at the wound.
"Well it isn't to bad, the wound isn't that old either so the chance that its infected isn't that high." He stood back up and motioned to a table with a few chairs around it.
When the woman rambled on and began to ask about the payment after the job was finished roman nodded.
"Yes paying after I finished with my work is rather standard, though I hope for you that you aren't planning to scam me afterwards by saying my work isn't up to your standards, I am well above the competence of those quacks you are referring to." He let out a short chuckle.

" But please sit down while and be patient while I take what I need to fix her up." He walked towards one of the cabinets and pulled out a spool of wire, a needle, something to clean the wound with and a glass and a painkiller.
Walking back towards the table he laid down those things and filled the glass with the painkiller and set it in front of the little girl.
"Now drink that up and hold out your arm please."
Roman
Collecting a debt

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on April 21st, 2011, 7:47 pm

Alenias obediently followed Aello into the giant's home. If Aello said it would be alright then it would be. She didn't even pull away as the giant knelt down and looked over her arm. She did keep watching the giant with her dark eyes though. The wolf had attacked Aello because of Alenias, and Alenias was going to make sure she didn't cause Aello any more problems.

When the giant said Aello might scam him Alenias glared up at him, he was as rude now as he'd been before, and snapped, "Aello wouldn't do that, Aello is a good person!"

When the giant told her to drink what he had poured Alenias hesitated a moment, but with a glance at Aello she did what he asked. Swallowing down the liquid quickly she then held out her injured arm, giving a soft whimper at the pain this movement caused.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on April 21st, 2011, 8:48 pm

Aello took a seat, and stared at the doctor. Her sparrow was silent, her talons inching into the girl's flesh nervously, though they drew no blood and caused no pain. All the bird could manage was to crinkle Aello's clothes, and remind the young spiritist that it was there.

Aello could just make out the sparrow's light brown wings, out of the corners of her eyes. The bird seemed calm enough, and Alenias, she seemed to be calming down too. Deciding that it was time for her to let her guard down a bit, Aello put her bow down. It was leaning up against the chair she was sitting in. Next, she laced her bag off her shoulders, and rummaged through it for a bit, until she had pulled out the wolf's paw.

The paw was starting to grow cold, despite the fur. The edges of the paw were covered in a deep red blood, that was starting to grow darker, and brown around the edges. The inner most parts were crusty, and the fur that had been stained by the blood was clumping together. Well that doesn't look pleasant, Aello thought, as she held the paw tightly in her left hand. Now was as good a time as any to start cutting the claws out. After all, she had some time while the doctor patched the Kelvic up.

As soon as the paw had nestled into Aello's left palm, and curled into the spaces between her fingers, she pulled her cursed dagger out of concealment. The blade flashed, and the blood that lined it seemed to glow. Let him see it, it shall be a reminder for the doctor not to try anything stupid. A small smile crossed Aello's lips as her fingers pressed into the blade's hilt. She delicately pressed it into the matted fur that lined the paw, just below the claw to the far right. Gently, she began to dig into the fur, pulling it away from the claw to the best of her ability.

The matted fur tickled Aello's skin as she continued to work, cutting it all away from the first black-colored claw. "So doc, you see this paw here?" Aello asked, without looking up from her work. "It has four claws. Two are for us, and two, if you'd like, can be for you." There was a slight pause, "as a doctor, you probably don't get out much... probably wouldn't last too long in a good old fight. Especially with an angry wolf." Another slight pause. "This could be your chance to try out new medicines." Aello swallowed the clump of saliva that had settled in her throat before continuing, "all you have to do is grind these suckers into a powder... and experiment. So what do you say? Or would you prefer some sort of food, a favor, perhaps?"

OOCAlthough the paw hasn't technically been awarded yet, V said it should be alright if I take it as a sort of award. So this post should be alright.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roman on April 22nd, 2011, 2:50 pm

Roman just let out a small smile when the little girl cried out into her caretakers, whose name was aello if he heard the girl right, defense.
"Well she might be a good person," Roman began in a rather sad and defeated tone. "But sometimes even good people do things that are bad." He reached out for the disinfectant the brought with him to the table and knelt down next tot he little girl and dipped a cloth into the disinfectant and grabbed the little girl's arm beginning to carefully clean the wound, Luckily for the little girl the painkiller was numbing her, because it stung quite a bit. As soon as he was done with cleaning the wound he put aside the disinfectant and the cloth and took the needle and thread. Raising his eyebrows a bit when aello took a wolf's paw out of her bag and held it above his table and then took out her dagger, holding it in a way that the only way he wouldn't be able to see it would be closing his eyes.
He just let out a sigh at her attempt of intimidating him and went back to work on closing the child's wound.
When the woman offered him half of the dead wolf's claw as payment for his services he looked at her as if she had lost her mind.
"Well if you think the claws of a wolf have any medical properties its a good thing you did come to somebody who actually knows anything about medicine." He pulled out his dagger and cut the thread, tying the end of it in a knot so that it wouldn't get loose and gave it a quick cleaning with the disinfectant again.
"I think its kinda strange that you come in and refuse to pay somebody for his services and act as if he is a quack even as you don't know anything about the subject. But what I find even worse is that you then offer to pay me with something completely worthless! I have to take care of myself you know and I doubt that whatever service or favor you can provide me with isn't up to the worth of what I did either way. So if you don't mind, I would like to be payed in miza." He walked towards his cabinets again and pulled out a roll of bandages before he walked back towards the child and began bandaging her arm. Feeling a bit offended by the woman's actions.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on April 22nd, 2011, 4:52 pm

Alenias' glare at the giant softened slightly as he admitted that Aello might be good, but she still didn't like that he said Aello could do something bad, "Nothing Aello does is bad," Alenias said firmly, "She's the best person ever."

Alenias watched cautiously as the giant wiped at her arm with something, but she didn't pull away. Aello had said that everything would be fine. When the giant then pulled out a needle and thread she watched with wide eyes. What was he going to do with THAT!? She stared in horror as he leaned down to start working on her arm, ready to scream at the pain was sure to follow, but only ended up taking a sharp hissing breath at the sting of it. It hurt a lot less than she thought, even less than being stabbed or bitten by a wolf.

When the giant started to get angry and yell at Aello Alenias glare returned, "Don't yell at Aello! She worked really hard to kill that wolf! I bet it woulda eaten you up! If you don't want the claws then I'll give you shinnies!"

She still didn't like the giant, even if he was taking care of her arm. He was mean, and big, and mean.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next