Off to see the Doctor (Aello, Roman)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on April 22nd, 2011, 7:11 pm

By the time Roman had made his reply, Aello had already freed the first long black wolf claw from the paw. A small pile of knotted fur lingered around the edges of her boots, as did various clumps of bloodied fluff. A small smile had crossed her lips, and she laughed a little. "Now, now doc, there is no need to get angry," Aello said. Her voice was neither quiet, nor loud, but somewhere in-between. It seemed playful. "How is someone who isn't a member of your line of work supposed to know that a ground up claw is utterly worthless to you?" she inquired, as she placed the first claw on her lap, and pressed the blade into the tuft of fur just beneath the claw next to the one she had extracted.

"After all, you are the doctor, not us," Aello cooed. "Otherwise, Alenias over there would have no need for your services, now would she?" Through all of this, the girl never so much as bothered to look up from her work. The blade was digging into the wolf's pale pink flesh, pulling away tufts of fur. They curled into her pale skin, tickling her fingers as she worked. "And as for a favor and its worth, well, that would defend on just the sort of favor. For example, if we went out, and killed a deer for you, brought it back, skinned it, and then cooked it for you, we'd more than likely have overpaid." There was a slight pause. "But if it is money you want doc, we could always give you that... Alenias just calls them shinnies for some reason."

Chirp! Chirp! Aello ignored Yune as she extracted the next claw from the paw, and let it fall into her lap, before she began to work on the next one. "But... as we have said before, you'll be paid after she has been cared for." There was a slight pause, "surely we can all manage to settle on a price?" Aello's blade flashed as she began to jerk it through a rough patch in the flesh and fur that lined the wolf's paw. She was bracing the paw by wrapping her hand around it, the fingers digging into the edges, the left and right side, where the claws were not.

Aello was biting her bottom lip as she pulled off a tuft of fur, and let it fall into the pile at her feet. A moment later, the third claw had come free. She let this one fall into her lap as well, before turning to final claw. She pressed her blade into the wolf's flesh for the last time, and began to slice the fur away.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roman on May 5th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Roman looked at the poufs of fur lying on his floor and shook his head while letting out an annoyed sigh when the little kid immediately came to the defense of the woman. Still he couldn't blame the kid, if the woman was the only person takign care of her it wasn't that surprising. He finished stitching up the girls arm and took the bandgages carefully beginning to wrap her arm up.

When the woman began to admonish him in an amused tone roman barely restrained the urge to punch that mocking tone straight into the lake.
Taking a deep breath to calm himself down before speakign again.
“You are right about that, I'm verry sorry about snapping like that, I just... have a lot on my mind at the moment.” The memories about the first time he worked for the stryfe against his will drifted to the front of his mind.
“But enough about that, though I do have to ask that you clean up your own mess.” He pointed towards the pile of fur on the floor. “The only reason I clean up after some people is when they are unable to walk on their own and need to recover, you aren't one of those people. So get to it please, if you throw most of it outside its good enough for me.”
He lightly pulled on the bandage covering the little child’s stitches to make sure they would hold.
“I finished my job now so lets come to an agreement on payment with those shinnies won't we?” He said the word shinnies with a bit of amusement, though it wasn't meant to mock the little girl in any way.
Sitting back down in his chair he waited till the woman began to finished with cleaning up her mess. If she started doing it at all.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on May 6th, 2011, 1:51 pm

As soon as the Giant stepped away from Alenias she hopped down as she called, "I'll get it Aello!" and scampered over to Aello, picking up the bits of fur and such that had fallen at the woman's feet.

"I think it's rather cute, calling them shinnies," Aello chirped in response to what Aello said, and Alenias turned and smiled at the bird, liking being called cute.

Aello was working hard to get the claws after all, so it made sense Alenias should help with the clean up. Besides, she wanted to help Aello, and the Giant was at least being a little nicer.

Waiting until the last claw was free Alenias then took the pile of fur and stuff over to the door, and then threw it outside, "There, it's all cleaned up," she said to the Giant, a bit of her dislike still obvious in her voice.

Leaving it to Aello to talk with the Giant about how many shinnies, Alenias went over to Aello's pack and pulled out her bag of Shinnies. Aello had told her it was hers, and it was, but she could remember when she had thought of it as someone else's. Giving a small shrug she returned to Aello with the bag so she could give the Giant the shinnies he needed for fixing her arm.

OOCHope it's ok havin Alenias get her coins out of Aello's pack, and assumin they were in there. She doesn't really have anywhere to keep them on her.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on May 6th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Aello began to tear the flesh, as well as the fur away from the last claw. When she noticed Alenias standing by her waiting to take away the scraps, Aello dropped them in the Kelvic's open hands, with a simple "thank you Alenias." As soon as she had finished with everything, Aello put the four claws into her bag, and the dagger back in its proper place.

"So doc, what will it be for stitching her up?" Aello asked. She hoped it wasn't much. After all, as far as she was concerned, the man hadn't done all that much, or anything all that different than her. He just has better supplies to work with than you. There was a slight pause as the girl waited for a reply, and hopefully he doesn't want a tip. "A few coins? What are we talking?" She eyed the man warily, having no idea as to how she was supposed to proceed. Should she try haggling with the grumpy old guy?

OOCNo, that's fine Alenias. And uhhh.... payment. My most disastrous area of expertise.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Roman on May 9th, 2011, 11:55 am

Roman smiled as the eager young child quickly cleaned up the mess her... mother or guardian made, though if he was right the woman looked a bit to young to have a child of her age so she probably just took pity on the child, alenias if he heard the woman right,and took it in.
“Thank you, for cleaning up my place.” Roman said in his gentile tone before looking back to the woman before him.
“Well aside from the bandages, the little application of painkiller and the stitches I didn't use many of my things. So 2 gold and 2 silvers settle the job.”

oocoops sorry ale for using the short form :) GM for gold miza I doubt thats used in the world.
Last edited by Roman on May 9th, 2011, 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on May 9th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Alenias stared at the Giant as he thanked her for cleaning up, surprised that he was being nice. She hadn't thought he could be nice. After a few moments she gave a short reply of, "You're welcome."

Listening to the man tell Aello how many shinnies he wanted Alenias nodded, opening up her bag and thinking a moment before pulling out four sparkling shinnies, two golden ones and two silver ones. She knew what silver and gold was, and she at knew that it meant a total of four, but she wasn't confident she knew how to use Shinnies properly, since she'd never really had any before. Holding the shinnies up to Aello she asked, "Is this right Aello?" And when Aello confirmed it she turned and held the coins out to the Giant.
Last edited by Alenias on May 10th, 2011, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on May 9th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Aello finally got to her feet. Her legs ached a bit from having sat for so long, but she ignored the pain. She could rest when she and Alenias got back outside. Slowly, she bent at the waist, and picked her things up off the ground. She laced them back over her shoulders before straightening herself out. She glanced over at Alenias, "yes that is enough," she replied, as she waited for the Kelvic to pay the doctor, so that they may be on their way.

Aello had already begun walking towards the door. When she reached it, she extended her right hand, and pulled it open. "Whenever you are ready, you may come along Alenias," she called over her shoulder, before stepping out and into the street. "Thanks again Doc for tending to her wounds." There was a slight pause, "he's not as bad as some doctors could have been," she added under her breath, before slinking off into the night.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on May 24th, 2011, 1:35 am

Alenias

• +1 Intimidation

Lores: Going to the Doctor, Defending a Friend's Good Name, The Effects of Pain Medicine

Expenses: 2 Gold Mizas & 2 Silver Mizas (2.2 GM)

Aello

• +1 Dagger
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +1 Auristics

Lores: Finding the Doctor's Office, Aura: Healer, Aura: Fear, Theory of Merging Auras, How to Extract Wolf Claws

Roman

• +3 Medicine
  • +1 Surgery

Lores: Late Night Customers, I am a Really Mean Giant, Wound Identification: Wolf Bite, Administering Painkiller, Disinfecting a Wound (Basic), Stitching a Wound (Basic)

Loot: 2 Gold Mizas & 2 Silver Mizas (2.2 GM)

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, firstly sorry Alenias but there wasn't really anything else I could give you XP for. Roman I gave you medicine and surgery, the surgery for the stitching.. mostly because I felt like it. Aello I gave you some useful lores I think. Anyway, if you feel I missed something just let me know and I shall reconsider.

[b]Notes: I love that you guys actually went through the process of finding a doctor to patch up the wound instead of just assuming Alenias healed up nicely on her own. Good work guys, all of you! PS: From now on I'm going to try to give out more lores that actually have a point versus just silly ones.. I'll still give them, but most of my lores are going to have a use now. That being said, if I ever double up on a lore, let me know and I will change it or consider it an upgrade (as in from Basic to Extensive or whatever.)
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous