[Ironworks] Hey I Know You... (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Marcus Braeden on July 7th, 2011, 12:55 am

Marcus smiled back, glancing at the hilt Hadrian had crafted. He was right, it wasn't pretty, but it didn't need to be. As long as the hilt worked is all that mattered. And luckily, it was looking like it would work. The hilt that Marcus had created wasn't pretty either, although sleeker than Hadrian's, simply due to Marcus' experience. Sometimes the simpler designs were more effective than the elaborate ones. While elaborate weaponry is always nice, sometimes it ends up hindering the weapon instead.

Eventually, Marcus and Hadrian had the hilt and cross guard secured, leaving only fastening the blade and attaching the pommel as the only things left on the list. Marcus assumed Hadrian would be able to fasten the blade, since he had done it with the previous dagger. Marcus quickly secured the blade to the hilt, making slight adjustments with his hammer. He then raced off and grabbed two pommels from across the forge. He rarely made is own pommels, only when he had something truly unique in mind. When he arrived back at the anvil, he demonstrated how to attach the screw to the very end of the tang of the blade. Once he had everything together, he made sure everything was tight and secure and gave a few practice swings, just for fun, and then set the dagger aside.

"And that's how it's done" Marcus said confidently.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on July 9th, 2011, 5:08 am

After screwing the simple pommel onto the end of the tang that peeked through the bottom of the hilt, Hadrian tried to copy not only Marcus' smithing technique, but also how to hold a dagger properly. This was hardly a proper athame, or ritual dagger, but someday perhaps he could forge a silver dagger by Leth's light and imbue it with other magics.

"If only I could get Izurdin's attention," he said softly, then smiled and nodded to Marcus' words. "Indeed. Between you and Eanos, I might not even need a proper apprenticeship to learn this stuff. Though I suppose that would make things faster and more thorough. But I don't know when the need would arise for me to make simple nails and horseshoes. Hm.

"I suppose I should let you get back to your real work now," he added almost wistfully. There was still much to be learned here.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on July 16th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Marcus simply nodded, looking at the fruits of Hadrian's labour. The dagger Hadrian had made, while not exactly the most "pretty" thing Marcus had seen, would at the very least be useable. Marcus decided that he would let Hadrian take it with him, as maybe it would prove to be useful when he ventured off into Ravok. Marcus took the dagger he had created and placed it on one of the weapon shelfs before returning the say goodbye to Hadrian.

Marcus chuckled at Hadrian's ambition of possibly receiving a mark from Izurdin. Not because it was funny, just because it was a pretty big goal. Marcus had never thought of possibly trying to receive one, but it would probably help him in his line of work. But then again Marcus never really was a holy man, he recoganized the deities but never really thought much about it besides that.

As Hadrian prepared to leave Marcus had grabbed the dagger Hadrian created by the blade and pointed the hilt toward Hadrian. "Here, keep it. It may prove to be useful for you somewhere down the line...and good luck with whatever you plan on doing in Ravok, just try to come back in one piece" Marcus said jokingly.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on July 18th, 2011, 9:15 pm

END
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Templar on August 7th, 2011, 2:18 am

Marcus Braeden: Weaponsmithing: 5 – Teaching: 5 – Storytelling: 3 – Blacksmithing: 3 – Interogation: 1 – Observation: 4 – Rhetorics: 3 -
Lore: Devandil Nightshade (Basic) - Hadrian (Basic)

Hadrian: Reimancy: 2 – Auristics: 2 – Weaponsmithing: 5 – Hypnotism: 1 – Blacksmithing: 3 – Interogation: 2 – Observation: 4 – Rhetorics: 2 -
Lore: Blueprint: Dagger – Marcus Braeden (Basic) – Tale of Braeden’s Winter – How to Stay Incognito in Ravok -

Additional notes: When I first saw the grading request, I expected 5 pages of ”He hit the anvil and then! He hit the anvil!” – But you guys went far beyond that dullness and made a very interesting thread!

As always, feel free to abuse my inbox if you have a problem with my grading ;)
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous