Too Hot To Move (Sophilia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Drayton on May 6th, 2011, 5:35 pm

43th day of Spring, 511 AV

It was a hot day. The heat hung heavily on Eleanor’s eyes, and trickled in rivulets of sweat from the nape of her neck. It felt as though her bones had grown soft in the warm air and afternoon sun, making them a little too limp to lift and move. She sat on a box with her back sweating into the boards of her home, legs sprawled out in the shade of the alleyway.

Her eyes were the color of algae floating on muddy water, and were drifting shut, succumbing to the relaxing touch of Syna’s warmth. A drop of salty water slipped in just as she shut her eyes and burned the sensitive tissue. Eleanor swore to herself and rubbed the itchy eye with the back of her dusty glove. The black cloth spread streaks of dirt over her cheek, and into her eye. Needless to say, it didn’t help.

The swearing was louder now, and she had stopped the unhelpful rubbing. Eleanor was bending over on her box, staring at the ground as she blinked furiously. The red eye was tearing up and half of the girl’s view of the packed dirt of the alley was clouded. Eye burning and half blind, Eleanor heard the sound of something moving in the alleyway. Doesn’t seem right, they all ought to be at the Slag Heap… she thought, knowing where her friends had gone because she had refused to tag along. It was too hot to hang out next to a fire, for crying out loud. But hardly anyone else ever came along these narrow alleyways. That was why the group of teenagers she lived with was able to squat so peacefully in the holey pile of worm-ridden wood they called home.

Eleanor looked around for the source of the noise, one eye red and puffy and her cheek slick with tears and sweat.
Last edited by Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 6th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Sophilia wandered around on the outskirts of the town of Sunberth knowing she wouldn't be accepted while in current unclothed state. She had clothes in the sack that she carried she just didn't like wearing them. She approached an alley that she had never really seen before and heard swearing she was sure only a sailor would use. Slowly walking into the alley her feet not making much of a noise she approached the creature to see that it was a human girl.

Looking at the girl she saw that she was poor, and was an outsider just like herself. Reaching into her bag she pulled out her canteen which had more than enough water in it and lightly said, "You look like you could use some help with your eye... I could help you.. For a small price." She raised an eyebrow at the girl knowing she was suffering. She hated that she was taking advantage of her but she needed to get into the city and this girl was her only shot at it.
Last edited by Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Words: 6724
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 6th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Eleanor dried her cheek with the grey sleeve of her overlarge shirt. She was staring shamelessly in disbelief, her left eye twitching slightly as her body attempted to rinse out the dust and salt. There was a tall brunette standing naked in her back alley, a backpack slung casually over her shoulder. Strange enough, sure, but what the woman said was enough to make Eleanor chuckle rudely.

"Lady, I don't know what sort of drugs you're on that make you think I'll run favors for a naked stranger just to wash a little dust from my eye," she said, wiping away the tears that had oozed onto her cheek in the time she had been speaking.

I don't want to ask, I really don't care. I don't, I just don't... But she couldn't hold back her curiosity. "Are you one of Braga's or something, running away from Happy Endings in the middle of seeing a client?" Eleanor asked, grinning with silent laughter as she gave the woman a once over, "What are you doing in a back alley in Sunberth naked as the moon?"
Last edited by Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 1:43 am

Sophilia scoffed lightly at the girl before she smirked. Stepping out of the shadows her brown and curvy figure that stood at 5'8" was now in full view. Her hazel brown eyes seemed to shine in the lighting and amplfied the slight red tint in her skin. As her eyes raked over the girl once again she slowly moved her think black hair over one shoulder with her right hand* I'm Kelvic.. I don't like wearing clothing in case of an emergency. *she shook her head lightly before chuckling and smirking again.* The only thing I need from you is entrance into the city. They wouldn't mind may nakedness if I were with someone else, especially if that someone else is a human.

Walking toward the girl slowly and cautiously she held the canteen in her hand. Kneeling once she was infront of her she bit her lip saying* You know that you need your eyes desperately to live, just let me help you. Then you can drop me in the city and you'll never have to talk to me again.
Last edited by Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 3:04 am

The two women were nearly the same height, and that was the end of comparisons. There was however, plenty to contrast. Beneath her grime Eleanor’s skin was pale, and in some places scarred. The body it covered had none of the smooth curves of the stranger, just wiry muscle that ran over the almost visible ribs of her flat chest. Not that any of this was visible beneath the rags, bulky vest and billowy shirt.

Tugging at her bone stud Eleanor lifted an eyebrow, In case of emergency? If I looked like that and chose to strut around naked it would cause and emergency. She dropped her hands to her hips and stepped back, examining the Kelvic as if from a distance. “If you’re that set against clothing I’m not going to tell you the people of Sunberth will mind. They’re not exactly conservative, but you’ll draw a fair bit of attention, even with me, and I can’t say all of it would be entirely savory.”

Now she was on her knees! I’d heard Kelvics were weird but this? “Listen Lady, stand up, if you’re that desperate I might be able to help. After all, it’s not me they’re going to want to run their grimy paws all over,” she gripped the Kelvic firmly at the elbow, her fingers pressing against the browned skin as she lifted slowly. Eleanor glanced at the waterskin one last time, her eye was starting to feel better, and her sense of pride a little bruised. “I’m not going to go blind from a little dust, keep your water,” she said, sounding almost disdainful. “Why are you trying to get into the city so hard? Tell me where it is you want me to take you and then I’ll make up my mind, okay?”
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Sophilia smirked ever so slightly to herself at hearing the girl say she would take her into town. She as she became eye level with the stranger she quickly replaced the smug look with one that would make her seem defenseless, or at least make her seem gullible and weak as if her animal was a small one like a mouse, or a squirrel; even a small bird would work for this con.

She pretended to think for a minute, licking her lips to moisten them again before she replied in a gentle and coaxing voice. "I have no family, i have no home, i'm running out of supplies and i need somewhere to stay. It took me forever to just get here so I'm not leaving.. or at least .. I can't leave now. This might be the only city that can except me. You see, I'm a manipulator, a seductress and a cheat and this may be the only place i can actually be myself in."

In her mind she scolded herself for going on so much, all of that had been true and her parents had always taught her that when in you're conning someone at least 60% of what you say should be lies. She looked at the girl once again and said, "And for the future.. you actually could become blind that way"
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 7:14 pm

A sappy, dazed look sank into the rich brown eyes of the Kelvic as Eleanor brought her to her feet. “Sounds like you’ll fit right in,” as she spoke the teenager gave soft chuckle. Bowing low, Eleanor swung her arms with an extravagant flourish that framed the alleyway, garbage heaps, rotting boards and all, for the Kelvic. “Allow me to be the first to cordially invite you to the city of Sunberth, haven of Anarchists, Thieves, Cutthroats and, of course, your general Ne’re-do-wells. It’s probably the only welcome you’ll get.”

It was still painfully warm out, and as Eleanor lifted her arms and moved about in mock courtesy she felt her clothing slowly pulling away from moist skin. With each shift in posture a different part of her sweaty body would be exposed to the hot air, while in another location cloth would be clinging fast to a new hold, sucking greedily at the salty moisture on her skin. She straightened and rolled her eyes at the woman, turning away and walking down the alley. “Yeah, I’ll be sure to keep that tip in mind. Now come on, I’ll take you to the Sunset Quarters; they’re cheap and livable, mostly.”

Eleanor walked a ways down the path, kicked an unidentifiable item of refuse before her. It wasn’t long before the plaything clattered into a pile of trash. With the noise a rat scuttled from its home into the bright daylight. It was mangy and hissed at the interruption to its nap. “Miss Manipulator, what’d you say your name was?” she called back, wondering about the strange Kelvic who had made the conscious decision to make Sunberth her home. At any rate she doesn’t look particularly threatening. Doubt she even knows how to use a knife in a fight…
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 7:34 pm

She chuckled lightly shifting her bag ever so slightly so that it rested on her shoulder a bit better so that she could reach into it and grab her worn out shoes and her thinner cloak. She lifted the hood so that the thin white material would slightly block the sun from her eyes and so that her body wouldn't be as exposed attracting more attention than truly needed to the pair. She then quickly pulled her shoes on as she moved to walk with her to the strangely named inn.

Keeping to the cool of the shadows she smirked lightly as the girl asked her that trick question. With a shake of her head she shrugged off the want to counter it with the one saying her father had taught her Same name you told me instead she choose to merely say, "Well Miss Dust in Eye, I never gave you my name."
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 8:11 pm

At least she’s putting clothes on, Eleanor thought as she saw the cloak draped over the woman’s shoulders. She had not been keen on the thought of walking through some of the busier parts of town with a naked person in tow. Not that most people would care, but it would have been an afternoon of cat calls and wolf whistles at best. Eleanor had no intention of gallantly jumping into a fight for the woman’s honor either, though it didn’t seem like she could have defended herself if need be.

The two had passed onto a fully fledge street now. The surface was unpaved, with frequent pits were small pools of muck collected, but it was a wider space for walking and many small, fatigued looking shacks opened onto it. Eleanor walked around an exceptionally large pothole slowly; the sun was too strong for quick movements. Difficult. She most certainly will fit in with that sort of attitude. Not that she responded in a more graceful manner. “You’re right, you didn’t. And seeing as I’m doing you such a big favor I don’t think it’d be out of bounds to ask for that small courtesy.”

The last thing Eleanor wanted to be doing was tramping across town in this heat. It had been boring in the alleyway, but there she could have sat in the shade daydreaming instead of making conversation with this oddball. Still, Calyn would have a place for her and then the woman would be on the opposite side of town and Eleanor would only see her again to slip a hand in her purse for a few coins.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 7th, 2011, 8:41 pm

They continued to walk together and Sophi grew bored. She was desperate to get to her destination to drop off her things and start thieving. She did possess i small dagger that had remained hidden from her guide that was strapped to the inside of her arm and would be more than easy to wield at a moments notice.

When Sophilia had seen that they were approaching a busy street she had closed the gap between her and this strange and scrawny child. At her very slight retaliation Sophi's eyes seemed to blaze only momentarily before she growled under her breath and said hotly, "Name's Sophilia... and what's yours? No you don't owe me your name but i'd like to at least know the name of the girl that plans to rob me blind."

Sophi had come to this town for a reason and that reason was the same reason she had moved her satchel so that it was tucked under her arm rather than it being on her back where it would be easily accessed.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Next