A Living Possession... [Aki]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Syndre on May 8th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Time Stamp -=20th of Spring, 511 AV=-
Location -=Tarsin's Boarding House=-

It was the morning after Syndre and his two shady associates had
successfully raided Dorion's exquisite manor, the blood of the wealthy merchant,
his spoiled son, and his personal guards had been spilled in the premeditated
assault. Everyone in the expensive mansion had been viciously murdered at the
rectifying hands of the trio, all except the rotund merchant's slave. She was a
delicate little creature that displayed an innocent beauty, a beauty that had
stricken Syndre the first time he had laid eyes upon her. The nefarious rogue had
spent numerous bells staking out Dorion's residence, taking note of the comings
and goings of those that inhabited the large home before the crime was committed.
He especially enjoyed the stalking of the youthful slave when she was sent into
the city streets to perform minor errands for her Master. The time spent observing
the petite woman had played with his hazen mind, peaking his interest to the
point that he needed to have her.

After the small band of vermin had exacted revenge upon the
well off merchant for placing a bounty on the rogue's bodyguard, Syndre had split
from the group to follow up on other mischievous deeds. He had sent Robert, his
personal protector, to look after the stolen slave while he was away on business.
The intimidating mercenary had taken Aki back to his employer's home on the poorer
loop of the floating city, standing guard outside the door to the small room until
Syndre's return. The aspiring thief didn't return to the Boarding House until
early the next morning before the sun had a chance to rise. Once he had graced
his henchman with his presence, the two men briefly conversed about their activities
the night before. Relieved from the boredom of his guard duties, Robert was
happily sent on his way, leaving Syndre alone in the empty hallway.

The Ravokian drug dealer was exhausted and in need of some well deserved
rest. The pale surface of his forehead came to rest against the smooth wood of
his door as his gloved hands slipped into the recesses of two miniature pockets,
his leather encased digits fishing out a pair of oiled iron keys. His lazy
ministrations managed to free his own personal lock with an audible click,
then the less complicated lock embedded in the entrance was effortlessly released.
With applied pressure from his tilted head, the tired rogue pushed the door to
his simple chamber open with a lingering creak. A single candle had been lit
a few bells before his arrival and had melted down a considerable distance, the
soft illumination it provided washed the dark clothed thief in its warm glow.
Syndre turned after entering the dimly lit room, quietly pushing the wooden
entry shut before resetting each protective lock with a turn of either key.

The diminutive iron tools were returned to two of the numerous pockets
that lined his black pants. He made sure to execute this process with his back
facing the rest of the chamber, for he didn't want the slave's wandering eyes to
follow the exact location of the hidden keys. Perhaps he was being too cautious,
she was probably asleep from the stressful night she had just endured. Being as
tired as he was, he didn't pay much attention to whether she was awake or not.
He turned slowly about upon a buckle strapped boot, finally scanning the familiar
surroundings with the brilliance of his blue eyes. There wasn't much to behold
because the thief did not spend much time here. The only purpose this undecorated
dwelling provided was a bed for sleeping and a secure place to store his few
possessions. He noticed the injured woman lying upon the stiff bed, though he
couldn't tell in the faint light if she had fallen asleep or if she was laying
awake.
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Aki on May 14th, 2011, 4:22 am

The pain, the blood loss, and the sleep deprivation had severely dulled Aki’s senses. Long pampered in Dorian’s world of luxury, Aki had lose a general portion of her sturdiness, of which she would have gladly given up the necessary fritters of wealth, for her old strength.

She pulled away a pale sliver lock that had been plastered to her cheek by cold sweat. Then, creeping to the door, she pressed her ear against the rough grain of the door. Aki tried to listen for the man who had brought her to the dark room. It was all a blur to her - first Dorion had died, then the darn man somehow claimed her, and before a moment could pass he had handed her off to the woman, and then after than she was handed off yet again to the other man who finally brought her here. As a slave she was used to keeping her lips shut and her ears open; he was still out there, breathing, pacing.

Stepping away from the door, Aki looked around, trying to get acquainted with her prison. She had no notion of running away; she wasn’t one to even suggest such things. Aki allowed herself a small spark of hope - she may have been cut and lightly battered at the house, but she had yet to be beaten or abused indiscriminately. Maybe they wouldn’t kill her… And she was a slave, if she was to run, where would she go? She was no one, a thing. No papers, no nothing. If the Ebonstryfe found her, especially with her master dead, she was sure to suffer some horrible consequence that she didn’t dare think of. It didn’t take her long to accept her current fate.

The room was quite bare. Basically a bed, some stuff she wasn’t going to poke around in, and a candle the other man had been considerate enough to light. Aki stared into the dancing flames, watching it strive to light the room with all its might. She looked away, the weariness suddenly sinking in.

In the struggle, Aki had lost her slippers. All she wore now was a tattered, bloody silk robe and simple cotton undergarments. Her left side was crusted with blood and cuts, the pain thankfully having died down to a dull throb. She was just so tired. There was nothing to be done. Maybe it was all just a bad dream? Sitting down on the simple bed, she ran her hand against the cloth – rough. She pulled back, her soft skin already getting irritated. Sleeping on the floor was considered, but was dropped once she began wondering when the last time the room was cleaned was. The bed it was. It was lumpy, rough, and quite uncomfortable. It took Aki nearly a bell to finally stop fidgeting, drifting off into a fitful sleep. She dreamed of vengeful shadows, voiceless screaming, and blood, buckets of blood.

Her eyes snapped open. The door creaked open, someone was walking in. Her glistening gray orbs scanned the room, landing upon the imposingly tall man that stood before her. Her attention was instantly captivated by his burning blue eyes, even in the dim light she could see a core of depravity that unnerved her to the depths of her soul. In all her time serving Dorion, she had learned of his cruelty, but mostly she grew to understand the shallow brutishness of his essence. She could tell the man before her was different, his sin ran far deeper.

She was unsure how to feel. She was still quite unsettled, the short nap not enough to replenish her strength. She was angry at him, but she didn’t hate him; her chest hurt, churning with inner turmoil.

Aki looked up at Syndre, through her fragile lashes, allowing the silence to wash over them. Her mouth slightly agape, chest heaving, every breath was a struggle for lucidity.

OOC :
Since Aki can’t have a pouch of Miza’s on her since 1. She’s been stolen, 2. She’s a slave, I kinda had her starting package exchanged for a set of slave jewelry (mostly approved by the Ravok Mods).
1. One White Gold Collar with 3 diamond studs
2. Two White Gold manacles on her wrists with one diamond each
3. Two White Gold manacles on her ankles with one diamond each

Also, the jewelry would not be removable without a key and they would also have a little loop jutting out for chains or rope to be attached to, for walking her outside and the like.

You know how I said I would get this to you in a day since I had nothing to do in my life? Well I totally jinxed myself. In the next few hours after that I was totally bombarded by a bunch of pointless bs. I’m sorry it took me so long >.-
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Aki
I'm A Slave for You

Words: 17442
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2011, 3:12 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook