Don't Mind the Blood (Hayl)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on May 18th, 2011, 5:50 pm

As soon as Hayl had blocked Aello's blade, the girl began to pull her arm back towards her. There was no need for it to dangle uselessly between their bodies; a sad excuse for a dividing line or barrier. Something that could so easily be cut in half by his own blade. At least you made a scratch, slit his clothes... Aello told herself as she eyed a slender trickle of blood. You could always draw more out later, set it free... Blood dripped off the tip of Aello's cursed blade. It seemed to glow, and fall so slowly to the ground, landing with a nearly inaudible plop. It seems to want more...

Hayl's leg had made its way between hers. Now what is that doing there? Aello wondered, as she stepped back, nearly falling over as she stumbled over his knee. Well that explains a lot, she thought as she backed up another few steps; just enough where she could glare at him angrily, and assume the basic fighting stance. "Always kill them, no. Torture them, more or less." There was a slight pause. "Try to kill them yes; free their blood, often." Another slight pause, "you must admit that drawing the blood of another living being is somewhat, exhilarating. The scent of it, somewhat nauseating. The sight, caught in a place somewhere between the two. It is both sickening, and sickly satisfying to see, don't you think?"

Aello stood, waiting for Hayl to attack, or perhaps even, to run from her in fear. After all, she was beginning to tip off of her rocker. "What do you say you try attacking now?" Aello asked, "unless that flesh wound is enough to keep you from fighting." There was a slight pause, "but then again, it doesn't look too deep," she added, cooly, still waiting with her right foot a foot before the left. Her feet pointed towards Hayl. Her arms bent at the elbows, and held out a few inches before her. Her dagger still curled into her flesh, the blood that dripped off the tip falling, and staining her pale skin as well. The flesh just above the elbow.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hayl on May 18th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Hayl tried not to grin obnoxiously at her. He was pretty pleased with his tripping maneuver, but didn’t want to let it show. He saw the fire in her eyes and saw her getting more agitated, and perhaps more lustful for his death, still he had the faint suspicion that it was all a front for her privy personality. “Actually no. Unlike you I’m turned off by blood. I believe that if a person does deserve to die then I would fight to take their life, only if it is necessary, but I don’t enjoy it. I would much rather steal from a crooked politician, pick-pocket a lawless guard. Nothing better than imagining the face of the poor fool who imposes on the weak.” He said with a smirk as he knew his tactics were dark and morally questionable, but he found a blurred line somewhere and felt free to step were he needed to take advantage of someone who takes advantage of others. The hypocrisy in the game is well accepted as he expects the violence that comes as a consequence. He hates when it escalates to when a person will force him to take their life, but he hasn’t hesitated in the past if the target really wants to make things that personal. Still this girl, who remains nameless, is very much forcing his hand, even still he will not draw his blood and he will prod her personality more before he makes his bold decision on what to do about her.

“Oh it’s very deep…” He played an obviously fake gasp, “If I cry will you think less of me as a man?” he wiped fake tears from his eye, and held his gut as if someone just blew a hole through it, “Besides lady…” his tone now serious, “I already told you, I’m not going to attack you. And who would want to damage such a pretty face to begin with?” his smile was full on coy, and had still traces of blood in his teeth from the prior confrontation showing that Hayl could take hits, and wasn’t afraid, yet had a pride or an ego that would either be a significant quality, or his downfall.
CS

Never Underestimate the Power of Being Underestimated!
Hayl
Bad Thief

Words: 87560
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 5:11 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on May 19th, 2011, 2:05 am

"Ahh but wouldn't their faces be all the more satisfying when covered in the marks of your blade, and their own blood?" Aello inquired. "All the more enjoyable when their eyes grew wide with fear? Perhaps even teared up a little knowing that their death was near?" There was a slight pause. "That one moment, just before you claimed them... wouldn't you want to see them then? Regretting everything they have done. Knowing that your actions were driven solely by their own poor choices?" There was another slight pause. "Knowing that everything you are doing is simply what they had coming for them?" Aello asked. "Surely their deaths would be far more satisfying then simply stealing a bit of money they could easily make back. Ensuring, that they may never breath again, never be who they are any more; now that has a slightly more lasting effect don't you think?" Aello asked. "You should not brush off bringing others to their deaths Hayl, it is simply too enjoyable a task to pass up, once you understand that it is only natural that everyone should die... there is less guilt that way. When you realize..." Aello's voice trailed off as she glanced up and down her opponent's body, thinking him more and more pathetic as she did so.

"You shall pay for that last comment," Aello growled, as she grit her teeth, and her eyes began to blaze. "After all, no Ravokian woman needs to be protected by a man." There was the slightest pause before Aello continued, "surely each of them has some knowledge of the blade, simply to keep themselves alive. And the reason you wish not to attack, is simply because you know that the majority of them are more than capable of slitting your throat... unless you are one of the Sylirian throw-backs. One of the men who still adores the notion of chivalry; never raising their hand to strike a woman." There was another slight pause as the girl's lips curled into a cruel smile. "But given your profession, that seems rather unlikely." But perhaps, if we provoke the fool enough, we may change that. After all, he is no fun when he cowers in a corner, wishing that the fight would stop.

Seconds later, Aello sprang forward, in Hayl's general direction. As soon as she was within striking distance, she pulled her left hand back so that it would be out of the way, while she curled her right shoulder, towards the left, effectively beginning to twist her entire body at the waist. As she did so, her right hand, which was wielding the dagger, shot forward, across her body, and towards Hayl's right shoulder. From there, the blade would begin to twist toward him, as Aello raked the blade back towards the right, in an attempt to create another incision across his chest. Bringing out more of his blood.

OOCFeel free to pm me and ask questions if this is confusing. Also, as Aello thought in the post already, she finds Hayl's inability to attack her quite annoying. If things continue, she will grow bored, deem him unworthy of her, and simply leave.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hayl on May 20th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Hayl looked away from her in thought as he had an interesting proposition for her, but first he would have to prove himself. Before he could reset his gaze on her she was moving towards him so swiftly Hayl had no time to react but violently. He brought his right arm up and did his best to deflect the blow away from his body. This was a poor choice as Aello’s prior motion would be a direct conflict on his attempt to deflect it. He clenched his jaw as the blade licked his shoulder, but cut over to the outside of his arm, away from his body. Hayl threw a hard left jab in retaliation to her face. Not out of skill, but out of rushed instinct, and it would be likely to connect with the momentum of Aello’s force passing through Hayl as it did.

When the one step skirmish ended, Hayl would make distance from himself and her. He would clutch his bleeding shoulder and inspect the capabilities of his wounded dagger arm. “How about a deal…” His tone more serious and but retained the playful edge despite his rough voice. “Let’s make stakes on a fight.” He removed his hand and looked at the deep cut in his shoulder, but didn’t see any tendons or blood vessels exposed. “If you win, I’ll join you on one of your erotic killing excursions, to see what you’re talking about.” It only made sense that she might find this a reasonable wager for the way she seemed to explain herself in their morality debate. “If I win… you have to replace my new shirt, and teach me some of those techniques you’re using.” Her methods were quick and agile, a preference of Hayl, and if he could get a glimpse of them while not being stabbed, he could definitely find some use for them. “The type of fight, I leave to you, but obviously it involves us living, and in good enough condition to fulfill the wagers.” He clenched his jaw in retrospect wandering if she was even sane enough to try and wager with, but what choices did he have. “…unless you wish to bring something else to the plate.”
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on May 21st, 2011, 1:10 am

Thwack, Hayl's hand connected with Aello's left cheek, pushing the flesh in such a way, that half of the girl's face seemed like that of a fish. She could feel her flesh inching into her mouth, and was surprised when she didn't accidently bite down on the side of her mouth; the flesh that lingered on the inside of her cheek. As Aello stepped back, away from Hayl, she could feel her face growing hot. She knew, even though she could not look and see for herself, that her cheek had taken on the shape of Hayl's fist; in red. She smiled weakly at the way it stung, at the fact that Hayl had actually managed to hit her. "That wasn't a bad punch," she commented absently, as she took a position a few feet away from him. Her right foot was about seven inches in front of her left, and each of her arms hung at her sides. The bloody blade was pointing behind her, waiting to be brought back into action. She smiled weakly, as she simply stared at her opponent, waiting for him to finish talking, waiting for him to try something stupid so that she may simply end it all.

"Now Hayl," Aello finally began, when she realized he had finished speaking. "Why would anyone take someone as loud as you on a killing spree, hmm?" Aello asked, as she tilted her head slightly to the side, allowing her long brown hair to tumble off of it again. "Someone who is simply too much of a beginner when it comes to the use of a blade?" There was only a slight pause before Aello added, "why would someone bring the likes of you? A man so weak, he can hardly hold his own with a woman, who more than likely, has not reached his age?" Aello's eyes seemed to sparkle playfully as she spoke to him. She lifted her right hand a little higher, and twisted her wrist so that the blade ran horizontally, in front of her body. She glanced down at it, at the blood, before raising her left hand to it. She pressed her ring finger into the metal blade, forming the tiniest of circles as she stared at it, not at all worried about Hayl, or his trying to attack her. Her right hand tightened around the hilt as she considered her next set of words, her smile widening, as she looked up at Hayl again, and dropped her left hand, allowing it to return to her side.

"As for the rest Hayl... you will not be getting a new shirt," Aello went on. "There is no need for someone to ever buy you such a thing, when you were the one foolish enough to get yourself into a dagger fight." There was a slight pause, "if you didn't want to have your things destroyed, you should not have made your way down this alley, you should not have let yourself remain in sight. And now, you must deal with the consequences of your actions, which means, that you will live with your ripped, and bloodied shirt." There was another slight pause, "and as for teaching, who in all of Mizahar would have the patience for a thief? Someone quite as unworthy as you?" Aello asked. "After all, you succumbed to the two simplest attacks in the book. Things that may easily be dodged. If you cannot defend yourself fully against them, then what can you do?" Aello asked, an icy edge making its way into her voice. "Considering you choose not to attack either..."

Aello fell silent for a long time after that. "As for suggesting something else... there is nothing that comes to mind, other than your simply learning from your failure. After all," Aello went on as she lifted her right hand, and twisted her index finger off the hilt of the blade, so that it may point at Hayl, "those two marks on your flesh will continue to sting. They will continue to bleed even faster, the more you exert yourself. The more you attempt to stay out of the blade's way, and land attacks of your own. Pretty soon, those two simple cuts will prove to be the very thing that brings you to your knees. The very thing that causes you to beg for mercy." There was a slight pause, "so Hayl, if you cannot win, why would you place a bet?" Aello inquired. "And why would you think that your opponent would so much as be interested in what you have to offer should she beat you? Which, in this case, seems more than likely?" Aello stopped speaking, although her mind did not. We should cut his tongue out for his stupidity, and feed it to the birds. Surely they wouldn't mind a tasty treat or two? Aello thought, as she considered chopping off Hayl's fingers as well, just for the fun of it.

OOCAello is a creeper. It is official now.

P.S. Hayl's move
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hayl on May 21st, 2011, 10:36 pm

She was right about the bleeding. He didn’t worry too much about the scratch on his stomach, but the cut on his arm was severe enough to not stop bleeding without being tended to. “Your right, completely in every since…” he laid on the sarcasm as much as he could, “…This alley is, of course, yours. I should have known by the giant letters that spelled your name, which I still don’t know.” Her desire to hate Hayl for everything he is finally broke his hope for a more rational understanding. “And I, a lowly and miserable thief, serve no purpose in trying to better myself. The fact that I respect women, is merely a fluke that is a chink in the chain of my inconsistencies.” His eye twitched, “You, with your superior dagger skills, are of course better than me as a person. Because nothing of me would ever be desirable to you, even my knowledge of stealth, or combat.” He glared at her. “I can fight, woman, just not like you… I don’t hide in the darkness trying conceal my weakness in fear that someone would discover my own cowardice.” He could detect it, somewhere, she had an emotional weakness. “You know what I think… I think you despise me because you don’t understand me. You may even desire to be like me. Your head’s clouded, lady, and I hate to fight you.”

Without hesitation he lunged at her. He stuttered his footing so his left shin would match hers in a cross-style kick. If the connection was solid the shock of bone on bone would be painful to both, but Hayl expected that. The hand covering the wound on his shoulder shot out more as a distraction, He was willing to sacrifice whatever preliminary strike she would take towards his left hand, so long as she didn’t take too much notice to his kick, and his final attack. Hayl may not have learned the traditional dagger fighting skill as Aello did, but he did learn how to be deceptive. ‘When an opponent proves their skill is more than yours, never underestimate the power of being underestimated.’ His teacher’s gruff words rang through his mind. He learned that sacrificing a cut, or even a limb, would be worth it if you can defeat your opponent. He would hope to deceive her and draw all of her attention to his left arm, shock her with his kick, then close the distance between the two by placing his blade to her throat. He didn’t want to kill her, but prove his worth. His words would be, if he could even achieve the attack, “Besides… your not so flawless yourself.” His blood-shot gaze would loom into her eyes. Piercing blues into her brown. Ignorant to the pain she had put him through, he was not mad at her for her physical attacks, but for her ignorance. Someone as skilled as she is shouldn’t be so chaotic; so blood-lusting, especially when her real problems could be detected like any other lost fool who wondered this ally.

OOCPretty pathetic post, I know, I don't want to leave you hanging, but got allot going on. Plus we need to wrap this thread up soon. I'm going to Haiti in a few weeks and won't have internet for a month :(
Last edited by Hayl on May 22nd, 2011, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on May 21st, 2011, 11:48 pm

"Well then Hayl, if you consider your opponent such a coward, and one you don't wish to fight, then why don't you get the fuck out of the alley?" Aello asked, as she placed her index finger back on the hilt of the blade, so that it was nestled between all of her other fingers. Her eyes were blazing with an inner flame and intensity that had not been there before. She did not find Hayl's words funny, simply more aggravating. "She'll let you live, if you run... right... now." The last word seemed to come out the slowest, although it was enunciated to the greatest degree. Aello was obviously pissed, something Hayl would surely chalk up to her clouded mind. "Unless you think it foolish of her to pass up on a fresh kill, a new body to throw into the lake," Aello continued, her voice growing somewhat more playful. "It's all up to you Hayl, whether you want to live or die. Fight, or run for what little you have left."

When Hayl lunged for Aello, the slightest of smiles crossed her lips. She could see his hand moving, while his leg seemed to hesitate. Now what could that be about? Aello wondered, as she brought her left arm up and under Hayl's, pushing it lazily out of the way. As soon as she had pushed the arm aside, Aello noticed his leg coming towards her. So he does intend on kicking you, Aello thought to herself with a small smile, as she stepped back, trying to get out of Hayl's way. Perhaps she had not moved fast enough, for his leg rammed into her own, smashing her skin and flesh into her knee, before it fell away, back towards his body. Aello knew that the flesh surrounding her left knee was turning red, even though she hadn't looked at it, because it was beginning to sting. "So you finally landed something," she muttered, as she took a half a step back. "Good for you." For actually accomplishing something.

Aello gave herself a moment to recover before springing forward. She was running towards the center of Hayl's chest. When she reached him, she would curl into his body a bit, so that her side faced his stomach. As she did so, she would thrust her blade upwards, in a straight line, attempting to slice his chest down the center; vertically.

OOCIt's fine, I need to wrap up soon as well. I don't know if you want to do that in your next post, lets say, or my post, after your next post.

P.S. If i mis-interpreted your post and did something wrong, just tell me and I can edit.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hayl on May 25th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Hayl arched his back allowing the blade to rip through his shirt again. He wasn’t sure if the edge had made contact with his flesh as his adrenalin was coursing. His retaliation was instinctive at this point. Drawing the lowered dagger, he would try to rake her wrist in an attempt to not only deflect most of the blow, but cut deep enough to cause her to open her hand. Using his free hand, he would attempt to shove her to his side and step through her. If his counter attack was successful he would be standing with his back to hers, approximately at her seven o’clock. “You missed…” he said, holding his deeply cut stomach. This wound felt particularly draining, as he knew she had defeated him with this blow. “I tell you what, if you’re really this mad, then here is your opportunity to kill me. Because I am not turning around, in fact, I’m going to walk out of this ally and never come back. If you’re so blood-lusting then you will kill me and enjoy your bizarre euphoria. However, if there is some piece of humanity still inside you, then you will realize you fought a man who had nothing but respect for you. Not a weakness, but a strength. I don’t like killing, and I would place money on the first time you killed, you were not too keen on it as well. So there you have it, your opportunity.” He replaced his dagger in his sheath and walked towards his equipment. The blood was pooling from the warmth under his hand. He wasn’t sure if she could sense his blood or not, but refrained from exposing his wound the entire time. He put on his bag and headed towards the entrance to the alley. His ears spiked listening to his possible death. He had not been so close to it before. Still, he had no choice but to call on whatever bit of humanity she kept locked away. His pride would not allow him to beg, but he had no problem turning his back. His thought soothed as he determined he was out of options anyway. ‘Would she really attack a man with his back turned? And she finds thieves so despicable?’ He paused to look over his shoulder and smile, “To bad, I got a thing for brunettes…” he said before he continued walking, feeling warm fluid flow down from his belly to his feet. “Damn clothes were expensive…” he muttered
CS

Hayl
Bad Thief

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on May 26th, 2011, 12:47 am

Aello's heart pounded in her tiny rib cage, and several more beads of sweat trickled down her cheeks, casting her skin in a pale glow. She was beginning to draw back, away from Hayl, to pull out of her last attack when she noticed a flash, his blade glimmered in the sunlight, and then there was a sharp pain cutting across the top of her right hand. What the? Aello thought, her eyes growing wide, as warm blood seeped out of a cut in her flesh. It ran across the back of her hand, from the area just below her middle finger, to the back of her thumb. Her fingers trembled as the blood poured around the side of her hand, and dripped off the edges, onto her feet, and more than likely, his. You can barely hold it. It will fall. Just like you will to him, since you never practice with the left. Plop. Plop. Plop. Blood splattered across the street, tiny droplets of red. But he is bleeding, just like you.

The cut was not particularly deep. In fact, it seemed little more to Aello than when she slit her fingers to draw blood for the mist. It was simply the shock of it all, his piercing her flesh that had gotten her. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aello's ears started ringing, as her fingers continued to tremble. She could feel Hayl's back against her stomach, but she didn't know how he had gotten there. She didn't remember him moving. "But you were bleeding before... so close to falling..." Aello whispered, more than likely not making sense.

Aello's fingers began to unravel, and soon the dagger clattered to the floor. Aello made no move to retrieve it however, as she listened to Hayl speak, and then watched him walk away from her. "We both could have taken each other. But we were too weak to end it all," she whispered, knowing that he was more than likely too far gone to hear. She crumbled to her knees, narrowly missing the dagger, severing her flesh upon it. The scent of blood kept filling her nostrils. Causing them to flare angrily. Her head was spinning. What had happened? Why wasn't there a dead body before her? How had she failed? "Forgive me goddess," she whispered, as she looked down at her hands, the red rain that surrounded her. "Forgive me for failing to deliver another to you." As Aello spoke the words, the wind picked up, sweeping her hair off her shoulders.

They will all move on eventually... they will all go to her, even you...

OOCOh... Aello's slightly odd view on life and death and Dira... how lovely it is. *facedesks*
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on June 8th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Aello

• +5 Dagger
  • +3 Auristics
  • +3 Intimidation
  • +1 Brawling
  • +2 Manipulation

Lores: Meeting a Thief, Taking a Punch to the Face, Playing Mind Games, Failing the Goddess

Hayl

• +2 Brawling
  • +1 Larceny
  • +2 Persuasion
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +3 Dagger
  • +2 Unarmed Combat
  • +3 Manipulation
  • +1 Negotiation

Lores: Strange Meetings in the Alleys of Ravok, A Nameless Assailant, Fighting a Superior Opponent, Being Driven into Action, Deceptive Fighting (Basic), Trusting in Humanity is a Bad Idea

Loot: 3 Gold Mizas, 2 Silver Mizs, 9 Copper Mizas, One small coin pouch

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, so Aello you actually maxed out on the dagger so the unarmed combat was for some of your moves with the offhand. Hayl you got a bunch of different types of xp cause you used a bunch of different techniques. If anyone feels I missed something or shorthanded them in any way, please feel free to send me a PM.

Notes: Another enjoyable read. Keep up the good work everyone!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous