Cold Shoulder (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Re: Cold Shoulder (Open)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on February 16th, 2010, 12:36 am

Sasin smirked as Gemmy spoke. "He'll be dead faster if he messes with certain people." His tone of voice implied that certain people were standing in front of them. "A fish fan? Of sorts. It depends, of course. I come from the desert, so there aren't many fish there." He didn't usually eat fish, but he heard Charoda were very nice, expecially the fresh ones.

Sasin stiffled a groan as they approached the fire. He didn't know how the people here stood it. He made a show of listening to what Diem said, but his attention was only partially on him. Sasin kept an eye on the crowd, searching for someone who looked like they could use his sevices. His attention snapped back to Diem as he gestured to a log. A moment of confusion, then he understood, and quickly sat down. He continued looking around discreetly. Perhaps that man, nonono. He didn't seem the type. Maybe...No, he could deal with his own troubles. Definitely not that one. Ugh.

Finding no one, Sasin sighed softly, and gazed up. Which was how he saw the Charoda. In the tree. That sparked a memory inside of him, of a Charoda healer. Oh gods, please let it not be her. And........it was her. "You again? Are you following me?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liminal on February 20th, 2010, 8:18 pm

OOC: Not that it makes much difference, but there aren't really any trees near the fire ^_~

Gemmy smiled at Diem's implied compliment and sat up a bit straighter. Then she turned to Nyahna. "I'm Gemmy, as I think I've done said before, but I ain't sure I caught your moniker, New Guy." She opened her mouth to say something else, but was interrupted by the sudden arrival of the Charoda.

Her reaction was extraordinarily swift. Almost before one could blink, she had her knife out, blade in front of her, and was positioned with one of the logs between her and the newcomer.

The woman's greeting was friendly, but Gemmy's face was now crinkled in a frown. "We ain't so much minding the pleasure of your company, Fish Girl, but we also ain't much for surprises. Precious few surprises in these parts -- which I'm guessing you ain't from -- will do anything except get you killed."

She gestured with the knife, then lowered the blade -- she seemed to have satisfied herself that the Charoda wasn't much of a thread. "Strangers, Lhex-bent on getting 'emselves killed," she muttered, before turning to Diem and asking, half-sarcastically, "She ain't a friend of yours, is she?"
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Diem on February 22nd, 2010, 7:20 pm

"I don't have any intention of bothering anybody, but change is not always a pleasant process." For a moment Diem seemed to be seeing something no one else could, a memory perhaps of harder times. "Still I'm here to help, which means-", Before Diem could continue a person of average size and bluish skin reminiscent of shallow water landed before the fire.

Diem hadn't been as quick as Gemmy had, and he had no weapons with which to arm himself, but when the bluish creature landed Diem had seemingly rolled onto his feet in and arranged his arms in legs in a defensive posture. Silently berating himself for not being more alert Diem eyed the new arrival carefully. Her words insulted Diem's goal while at the same time asked for an invitation to join them for dinner. That left Diem torn between wariness of a person who hid themselves before appearing and the hope of finding another person he might be able to convince of his goal. Keeping the being in the corner of his eyes Diem looked to the others. Gemmy had reacted much as he had, putting a log between her and the new arrival. She however had drawn her knife. It wasn't a surprise to him that she was skilled, but for a moment it made Diem wondered just who Gemmy was to command respect and skill of such caliber.

The one dubbed new' guy' seemed to know the bluish person before him, though neither his voice or words offered much in the way of an explanation. Gemmy's words suggested that she didn't know the new arrival either but she lowered her blade. Trusting Gemmy Diem did the same with his hands, though he didn't tale a seat just yet. "We haven't met before. I would be happy if you would join, but would ask you to refrain from surprising us like that again."

Secret :
I'm not sure if someone would be able to notice the mark on Diem's head for what it was.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aksia Carataqua on March 3rd, 2010, 1:46 am

"Yay!!! she cried out happily "I haven't done anything interesting for ages! Sorry for surprising you, I didn't know, I'm very new to land. she said, Aksia had a habit of being two-faced after long periods of boredom, but she was sorry for surprising them and she promised herself she wouldn't do it again.

P.S. sorry for the short post, my brain is smushed
P.S.S. @ Liminal's OOC, whoops, i didn't know there weren't any trees, sorry XD do I needa correct it? and how do you do OOC's? I can't find the code there XD
P.S.S.S The mark is slightly luminous though.. so it's hard not to notice, considering it's on your head :) can you tell me how to do the secret, box thingy?
Aksia Carataqua
The Dancing Healer

Words: 21277
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2010, 12:30 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Liminal on March 19th, 2010, 5:23 pm

"New. 'Course you're new." Gemmy was talking more to herself than to anyone else, though the disgust in her voice was evident. "Careful what you wish for -- interesting around here is liable to leave you minus some internal organs, and I dunno 'bout you, but I ain't feeling that I've got any to spare."

She turned to Diem. "I don't know much about your par-ticular deity, but if'n you want to stick around, your services might be in more demand, seeing how lots o' folks like a religious man to say a few words at funerals." Gemmy said it almost conspiratorially -- for whatever reason, she seemed to be almost fond of Diem, an emotion that she didn't seem to feel for either of the other two.

"Anyways, we seem not to be getting much closer to fish, and I'm hoping we can rec-tify that situation." She was speaking to the group again now. "Less'n that seems too much like disrespecting family, Fish Girl, in which case I'm afraid I'll still be eating the fish, but maybe someone here can find you some bread or something."

She sat back down on the log, still muttering something under her breath. The words were difficult to catch now, but it didn't seem that she was much less irritated than she had been moments before.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Cold Shoulder (Open)

Postby Diem on April 3rd, 2010, 11:56 pm

Diem smiled at Gemmy and nodded. "The fish are almost done cooking, and I might have some bread in my pack." It took only a few moments of searching to find the loaf and tear a piece off. He handed the piece to the new arrival. "If it would not be to much trouble can you tell us your name?"

As he waited for the answer Diem went to check on the fish. They seemed a little burnt but otherwise good enough to eat. Diem took down the wire and walked over to Gemmy with one of the fish. The next one went to the new guy, who still hadn't given his name or explained how he new the new arrival. Diem sat down with the last fish and began eating.
Diem
Carpe Diem

Words: 28676
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Cold Shoulder (Open)

Postby Liminal on April 26th, 2010, 4:10 pm

FINISHED ^_^

Diem:
+1 XP Auristics
+1 XP Cooking
Lore: How things are done in Sunberth (partial)
Plus, if you've got a list of allies or friends, you can add Gemmy to it :)
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Previous