[Training Ground] Are you lost, little boy? (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Lucas Arias on May 15th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Spring 45, 511 AV

This is petching boring! Lucas thought as he stared at the training dummy that stood in front of him, unmoving. It didn’t even look remotely like a human being. It didn’t look particularly threatening either, and thus he didn’t feel motivated at all to practice his sword moves on it. It just wasn’t any challenge! The training dummy never gave anything back! Maybe he could pretend that it was a dangerous creature! How about a Zith? No, Zith could fly. He couldn’t fight something that could fly with his longsword. Maybe a deformed, wingless Zith? A slightly demented, wingless Zith that had somehow made it past all those knights into the training ground?

That will work, the red haired squire decided and readied his weapon. He’d slay a Zith today and all the knights would compliment him on his heroic deed. He settled in his stance, right food in front, and then he made a quick slash from the imaginary Zith’s right shoulder to its left hip. And then he thrust his sword into the monstrosity’s stomach while he imagined that it screamed in pain. He was just about to neatly separate its head from its shoulders when he noticed that boy that had apparently just entered the training ground.

The squire lowered his weapon and looked at the kid, furrowing his brow slightly as he did so. Was he another squire, one that he hadn’t met yet? No, probably not. He looked too young, and he was much too short. In fact he was shorter than him by several inches and looked kind of malnourished on top of it. He was probably just a child that had gotten lost. He considered his options, and then he shrugged his shoulders and walked over to him.

„Is there anything I can help you with?“ he wanted to know. „Are you lost, little boy?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on May 15th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Jokor walked inside the training grounds, hoping that Jaelyn or one of the other squires he had ever sparred with were there, he was itching to get better and pay those back for his defeat by shoving them face first into the ground. He got a gleeful grin on his face when he imagined the squires laying on the ground in defeat. He quickly shoved the idea back to the depts of his mind though, no sense in thinking about their defeat when they where all a lot better then him.

When jokor began walking towards one of the free training dummies he was stopped when he saw a squire walked towards him asking if he needed some help.
Before he could tell the squire that he could just handle himself fine the moron said something that set jokor's blood on fire. Glaring up at the squire with a glare that if looks could kill would have caused what was left of the squire be smeared all over the room. quite obviously livid at the fact that he was called a little kid, by kelwyn and yshul he wasn't that small!

Quickly grabbing the asshole that thought he was being funny by his collar and forcing him to his eyehight, glaring at him in a way that dared him to repeat that sentence.
"You think you are being funny?" Jokor said with barely restrained anger as he clenched his other fist, having to use every ounce of willpower to prevent himself to beat that guy into next week.
"I am 17 years old and not afraid of kicking a smartarse like you down into the dirt."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on May 16th, 2011, 6:25 am

„No, in fact I’m not“, Lucas replied in an extremely dry tone of voice as Jokor asked him if he thought he was being funny. Something he had said had apparently infuriated the little boy, but he couldn’t imagine what it had been. He glanced at Jokor’s little fist, then at the sword that was still in his hand and shrugged.

„You don’t look like seventeen“, he remarked and looked directly down into the eyes of the boy who had grabbed his collar, as if people grabbed him by the collar every day and he wasn’t particularly bothered by it.

„Of course most people would claim that I don’t look like seventeen either, but you look even younger than me“, he continued, as if they were just having a completely normal conversation, like old friends, and there was nothing even remotely threatening about Jokor’s behaviour. Another shrug. The red haired squire loved to talk – more than was good for him, and he didn’t display the appropriate amount of fear either.

„As for kicking me down into the dirt ...“ He looked at the floor in front of his feet for a moment. The floor of the training ground wasn’t completely clean, but it wasn’t too dirty either. All in all it was quite a nice floor. „We’d have to find someplace that is a little dirtier first, otherwise you might not be able to successfully kick me down into the dirt. Besides, I have a sword and you don’t if you haven’t noticed that yet. So why don’t you let go of my collar and tell me why you are here? Are you a squire after all? Do you even know how to fight?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on May 16th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Jokor grit his teeth in irritation when the squire started to talk back to him in a tone as if he had done nothing wrong at all and the way he was retorting to his questions was only riling up jokor even more. Letting out a scoff as the knight tried to intimidate him by stating he was holding a sword and that jokor himself was unarmed.

“Right and I got two daggers in my belt that I can burry in your stomach quicker then you can try and do something with that oversized kitchen knife you are carrying.” He released the squire's collar with a snort as he asked if he was a squire.

“Nope I ain't a part of those squires, though I do know a few of those.” at the question if he could fight jokor grinned at the squire.
“Well then why don't you put away that blade of yours and find out for yourself? Or are you one of those spineless cowards that just flaunt over people that they think can't fight back?" He crossed his arms and looked up towards the squire really hoping that he accepted his offer so that he could work out his anger a bit on the annoying squire, besides maybe it was time that somebody taught him that non-knights and people who didn't look as a threat could be just as much of a fighter then those people.
Last edited by Jokor on May 17th, 2011, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on May 17th, 2011, 4:55 pm

„It’s a longsword, not a kitchen knife“, Lucas corrected Jokor, as if he had never heard that remark about the other boy having two daggers – or just didn’t care. He wondered whether he should be a little worried for the fraction of a second, but then he decided not to. He just wasn’t in the mood for unpleasant feelings. Besides, Jokor was so short that he still couldn’t be afraid of him.

That Jokor wasn’t a squire didn’t come as a particular surprise. He really didn’t look like one. What did surprise Lucas though was that Jokor claimed to know a few of his colleagues. „Who?“ he wanted to know. His eyes were wide with curiosity. Who of his fellow squires could possibly have such a boy for a friend? They always seemed so honorable and noble and boring to him!

„Sure“, he replied in a somewhat amused tone of voice as Jokor asked him to put his blade away. „I’ll put my kitchen knife away, if you put your pycon sized daggers away. By the way, you started this.“ He really wanted to remind Jokor of that. Lucas usually wasn’t particularly easy to offend, but he really didn’t like being accused of picking on people that were shorter or weaker than him (although it was nice to be facing somebody that was shorter than him for a change). In fact his face turned a rather interesting shade of red for a moment as he heard Jokor’s words.

Having reminded Jokor of that one important fact, he gestured for him to put his daggers away. If Jokor complied, he would place his sword on the floor. He wasn’t sure about the other boy’s fighting skills, but it was at least better than hitting a training dummy and pretending that it was a Zith, and thus he gestured for Jokor to come closer before he raised his fists.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on May 17th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Jokor scoffed as he corrected him about how it wasn't a kitchen knife.
“The way you swing the thing around it doesn't really matter if its a kitchen knife or not.” Jokor bit out anger still evident in his voice, completely ignoring the squires dumbfounded question as to which squires he knew, he wasn't going to let such a little pest like that guy go and try to find out some stuff about him from them.

Cracking his cuckles with a devilish grin on his face as he saw the squire go red in his face when he made the jab about him having only the guts to pick on people smaller then him.
“I don't need to pull my daggers for the likes of you,” He took both daggers off his belt and threw them sheat and all on the ground. “and yeah I know I started this, just don't go running crying towards your knight if I rearrange that face of yours into something less ugly, I mean by kelwyn what did yer mom screw with to get something as ugly as you!” Jokor tried to piss of the kid some more. It helped to get his own anger with the kid to get out a bit and if he managed to piss the guy of he might make some stupid mistakes he could take advantage off.

Jokor didn't wait on the guy to take his defensive stance as soon as he gave him the sign that they could start he quickly advanced towards him, taking all the advantage of his faster then average speed to get in his face as quickly as he could and threw a easily blocked punch at the squire's face, still putting an alarmingly high amount of force behind it for somebody of his size. But the punch to the squire's face was just a distraction as soon as his punch had connected, with a block or his face it didn't matter, jokor pulled back his right fist and attempted to ram it straight into the squire's stomach hoping to knock all the air out of his lungs and get him out of balance before he took the chance to let the squire taste dust.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on May 19th, 2011, 6:55 am

„She screwed my father, I’d assume. Mothers usually do that“, Lucas replied. He had a problem with people accusing him of picking on others because they were smaller or weaker, but he didn’t mind if they insulted his parents. In fact he was somewhat amused by Jokor’s words. „And I like my ugly face, thank you very much. I’d prefer if it stayed just as ugly as it is now. Although yours could use a little improvement. Your mother was probably a rat kelvic that failed to pass her shapeshifting abilities on to you.“

„By the way, I’m rather fond of Kelwyn as well“, he remarked. As he realized that Jokor wouldn’t wait for him to assume his defensive stance – the little boy didn’t seem to be interested in fighting honorably, like a knight – Lucas raised his hands in front of his face. His thumbs were protected by his other fingers. The squire didn’t know much about fighting without weapons, but he had painfully learned that it was a really bad idea to have your thumbs sticking out when you were in a fistfight. He’d walked around with a bandage on his hand and been unable to train for a very long time.

If he managed to somehow block Jokor’s punch – the boy was amazingly strong for somebody so short – he’d quickly lower his hands again to keep Jokor from ramming his fist into his stomach. If he managed that as well – which wasn’t at all certain – he’d ram his knee into any part below Jokor’s chest that he happened to be able to reach at the time. He wasn’t really picky. If he wasn’t successful though ... well, it remained to be seen what would happen then, but it would likely be somewhat painful.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on May 19th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Jokor smiled as his left hand came into contact with the squire's block and rammed his fist into the squire's stomach, his hands came in motion way to late to block his second punch which slammed into his opponents stomach most likely beating the air out of his lungs before he retreated back out of lucas's range not taking any advantage of the opening that he would have forced open.
Letting out a short mocking laugh as he looked towards the result of his handywork, Making sure that his opponent knew that he was just playing with him.

“Well I wouldn't know about what me mother was, never knew the broad myself so ya could be right 'bout it.” He gave a big grin towards his victim casually cracking his fingers again.
“So you a bit fond of the divine twins to? Well I guess I can allow you a short prayer to them before I beat you so hard into the ground you would barely remind that you even are a human let alone who they are.” Jokor gave a smirk to him crossing his arms.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on May 20th, 2011, 7:27 pm

„Petch!“ Lucas cursed – or tried to curse – as Jokor rammed his fist into his stomach. The little boy had knocked all air out of his lungs. The squire doubled over, held his midsection and gritted his teeth to keep himself from doing something even more embarrassing than letting somebody shorter than him hit him. It took him a few moments to recover. As he looked at Jokor again, his face burned with shame and anger. For a moment he’d been convinced he’d be able to beat him and teach him a lesson, but of course – of course – it always went wrong!

„So you are an orphan, huh?“ he asked and attempted to stand straight again. A few more moments, and he was almost back to normal again. He crossed his arms as well and looked into Jokor’s eyes, as if he’d only been hit by Jokor because he’d wanted to be hit, because he wanted to hide the true extent of his prowess in unarmed combat. „I think we should pray to Kelwyn together“, he decided. „You might need their support as well!“

„As for barely remembering that I’m a human, that wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. Maybe I’ll think that I’m a Symenestra or an Ethaefal“, he pondered and grinned. „So what shall we do? Pray or try again?“ He cracked his knuckles in an imitation of Jokor, even though he doubted that that would intimidate him.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on May 21st, 2011, 7:48 pm

Jokor chuckled as his opponent burned in anger and shame of being beaten on by somebody who looked like a kid, he certainly showed that guy that he wasn't to be taken lightly.
"Well it seems like at least your ears are working right, though I doubt I can say that about the rest that is in that little head of yours. Now just stop playing though and trying to act as if my punch didn't hurt ya. Your almost puking on the floor as far as I can see." Jokor just shook his head at his opponents last boast, ignoring the squire's rambling about him thinking that he was a symenestra or an ethaefal... whatever those things where.

"I highly doubt I need the twins help just to kick your teeth out of your mouth, so why don't you pray that you are still able to eat solid food after I'm done with ya?" Jokor spread his arms out, giving the squire a clear shot at his stomach."you know what, just to be fair for once in my life I'll give ya a free shot at my stomach, might even the odds a little bit in your favor and at least you don't have to tell your knight that a streetrat shorter then you beat you up. Though I don't doubt the rest of the squires here will spread the word before you wake back up though. Come on ya useless pile of shyke, gimme your best shot."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next