Magic, A Magical Subject (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on June 4th, 2011, 12:49 am

Ren Tanor

"the kindling is basically whatever you can find, even clothes work."

Ren walked over to some trees at the edge of the clearing and wrapped his hand around the base of a large branch. Giving a hard tug, the branch snapped off, bringing it to a cradling position wedged under his arm. Then Ren walked oer to a small patch of underbrush that ringed around one of the trees, gathering a sufficent amount Ren walked over torwards the middle of the clearing, (the farthest place away from the tree line) he mixed it all together in a small pile. "Go find a flint rock, you can tell the difference by smelling it, it has a burnt scent to it."
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 6th, 2011, 2:13 am

Reaver will stare at the Kelvic. "I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm not exactly 'healthy.' My nose is not all that sharp, perhaps you would do better? If all we need is things that burn, I'm sure I could find something." Reaver didn't bother waiting for an answer. He went out, and started to gather things he thought would burn, without dragging anything beyond his strength. He took careful note as to where he went, and was sure not to get lost, making regular returns to the growing pile of stuff.

Having collected some smaller things, he thought to get a bigger one, but not quite how. He looked to the nearby tree line, and saw a somewhat small tree. Not thinking about the consequences, he walked up to it, and stood on the far side. "If you can hear me, Ren, don't stand near this tree, it will fall after a while." He knew how to best fall a tree. he stood on the opposite side of where he wanted it to fall, and knelled down. He began to focus on nothing, then made the spark. He began to form a portal from within the tree, angling it so that the portal was highest on the side closest to him, and lowest on the side furthest from him. It grew, slowly. The tree didn't like the loss of support, not one bit. As he continued, the weight of the tree began to become it's own enemy. As the portal began to reach full size, it broke through the lower side of the tree, and the tree began to fall, but was pushed by the upper part of the tree where his portal did not reach. As it fell, more of it fell into the portal, and was lost. However, it also began to fall over from the incomplete cut. As it crashed down, it fell rather off to the right of where Reaver was aiming, and right onto the river. As the water dammed up, and began to find ways around, Reaver contemplated how to move the tree from there, as his portal began to fade without his energy supporting it.

"Ren, you alright?"
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 6th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Ren Tanor

"I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm not exactly 'healthy.' My nose is not all that sharp, perhaps you would do better? If all we need is things that burn, I'm sure I could find something." Reaver explained. "Couldn't you use some type of magic to find a flint rock or at least light a fire" Ren asked

"If you can hear me, Ren, don't stand near this tree, it will fall after a while." hearing this ren moved a few inches down the stream right before a large, SPLASH! Ren had moved just far enough to the side so that the tree landed afew inches to the side of his leg.

"Ren, you alright?"

"Im fine, by the way good idea this tree will work just fine as kindling"

Last edited by Ren Tanor on June 6th, 2011, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Camping, Without a Clue (Reaver)

Postby Reaver on June 6th, 2011, 4:33 pm

OOCNo. He wants to re-create those advantages without it through his research.

Not realizing how close he came to crushing Ren, he continued on as if he hadn't just done that. "My magic does not aid me in such a manor. I am limited to the things I know, and that's it. It is very dangerous to attempt magic you know nothing about. Why not work on our ability to survive without it, instead?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 7th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Ren Tanor

"My magic does not aid me in such a manor. I am limited to the things I know, and that's it. It is very dangerous to attempt magic you know nothing about. Why not work on our ability to survive without it, instead?" At this Ren truged out of the shallow stream torwards the forest. Coming torwards the edge of the clearing, Ren slowly edged his way into the forest parting the trees as he went. Though his progress was slow this was the easiest way for Ren to make the least amount of sound possible to him in his humanoid form. This slow movement carried on for about five minutes until he found what he was looking for, a plump swine scavenged for food unaware of the danger looming over him. Delicately Ren moved his hands closer to its round body, before swiftly snapping its neck.

Ren burst from the trees holding the suprisingly heavy swine snug against his body. Striding swiftly torwards the kindling he set the swine down beside it. "Take its footprints while I go get some flints" Ren said pointing torwards the swine.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 8th, 2011, 5:07 am

Reaver moved to the tree now laying in the stream. He decided to sit down against the log, and lay against it. The stream was nice, and he contemplated sleeping there. He needed to regain some of his Djed, but he didn't know how long Ren would be gone. He decided instead to take a bath, and keep himself as clean as he could. He started with his head, removing the mask and wig. He cleaned those first, then moved to the rest of his head. He worked carefully, as not to cause any problems. Having finished those, he put the wig and mask back on, and continued down the list.

Reaver finished cleaning himself as Ren came running back with a... pig? Reaver did as Ren asked, and took note of it's feet. He even made some prints with it, and made notes of those. The feet were... surprisingly familiar. He looked to his notes, and found the deer had very similar footprints, if not the same in all but size. He smiled, pondering to himself. Maybe all the good food has those feet. After adjusting his notes, Reaver thought about how to set up the fire. If fire is anything like on a building, it'll spread anywhere it can. How do I keep it in one spot? ...I suppose I should ask Ren when he gets back. Reaver sat down near the pig, content to wait.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 8th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren pushed through the forest, walking deeper and deeper until he was completly imersed in the intoxicating smells of the forest(he did this so he would not have any distracting smells mixed in.) Taking in the all the smells, was like sampling every scent that was in the overlying smell. Finding what he wanted Ren strode briskly over to a small ditch that must have been dug some time ago, because of the litle patches of grass starting to grow in a otherwise bare dirt ditch. Ren shifted in to his wolf form making a quick flash of white light and other assorted stripes of color. Ren looked down at the small ditch, before digging past the top soil with his dangerously sharp claws. He could just barely smell the vauge scent more clearly, digging for another few inches Ren came upon a large rock, half embedded in the soil. Ren pulled the rock until it slipped out causing the cavity where it was just was seconds ago colapse making a small indetion in the ground above. The rock was a color that looked like a mixture between black, blue and white and now seemed even larger than his estimate before. Ren stood up cradling the very heavy rock, he then placed his hands on both side, before applying a large amunt of force with it against the tree. The rock was now cracked jaggedly down the middle. Ren turned and headed back torwards his and Reavers camp cradling the two halves in both of his hands.

Ren walked through the trees, setting both of the stones down by the fire "you ready to start."
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 9th, 2011, 4:56 am

Reaver looked up to Ren, as he set his gauntlets back on. "You're very learned, for being able to find all these things. I will be ready after a few more questions are answered. How do we keep the fire from setting the whole forest on fire? The thought was bugging me. Also, the tree there is rather wet, will that hinder it's ability to burn? Final question for this set, how would we move such a heavy tree?" Reaver walked over to the boar and the tinder. He looked over the supplies, then back to the tree in the river. It was forming around the tree at this point. After that, he looked back to Ren, and his rocks. "Just banging them together starts a fire... how interesting."

OOCREAL me knows, all the answers to this. A dug out put with rocks lining it works rather well, but the rocks aren't needed if you get a big enough clearing. The wet tree will burn nicely AFTER the fire is going, but not so much now. It'll do twice as well without the bark. Downside is it will need to be chopped up into smaller parts, which Reaver won't have the Djed for. The tree might be more of a problem then a plus at this point, however.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 9th, 2011, 11:38 am

Ren Tanor

"I think this clearing is big enough that you won't have to surround the fire with stones and i don't have anything to cut up the tree with, so yes we wont be able to use it until it dries. Also you cannot just bang the stones together you must rub them together creating a spark."
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 17th, 2011, 4:34 am

Reaver will look to the rocks, then the pile of wooden tinder, then the tree in the river. "Then, the tree isn't as helpful? Do we have enough wood, then? I'm not strong enough even with your help to move such a thing. What else do we need to be... safe in the wilderness? I'd rather not invite more vultures to your dinner." Reaver looked around, seeing if there was any form of shelter nearby. The best he could see was more trees.

OOCWHOOPS! Forgot I didn't post here.
Last edited by Reaver on June 20th, 2011, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext