Wildcard (Blythe)

Blythe is asked to give her teacher Kariha a reading. Little does she know what disturbing truths her reading could lead her to.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Cachet on September 20th, 2011, 11:47 am

Kariha sighed. Again the cards weren’t in her favor. She reflected on everything that was happening again…or could happen. She was lost. And she knew that if she was successful she would face all kinds of scrutiny. But she had to do these things. There was no other way around it. Her lover wouldn’t be free otherwise. But even though Blythe told her it wasn’t over yet…she knew it was. She knew what awaited her when she went to free her lover. And she knew that she would likely never be seen here in the Isle ever again. Blythe flipped over a card that at first seemed completely insignificant. It didn’t look important, but then again neither did any of the others. The world card. Blythe explained it’s interpretation and visible tears could be seen forming in the corners of Kariha’s eyes. She fought them back along with the pain they brought. It was almost too much as she then motioned for Blythe to continue; despite her better judgment. Why was she such a glutton for emotional punishment? Why did she need to hear the obvious truths of her past and present decisions read out to her? The emotions were high and if Blythe had any empathy at all she would feel it like seven foot thick brick wall. Her teacher was in pain…pain that was tangible by her body language. By the way her eyes couldn’t make contact with hers. By the tears that every now and then snuck out of her eyes and down her cheeks.

Another card? By the Gods why did she have Blythe continue? She listened unable any longer to make any kind of eye contact but instead had resolved herself to making motions with her hand to tell her to continue. Well it seemed there was one good card in the entire deck…even though it seemed more like a filler card than anything else. A card whose purpose was vague but more to just fill a deck than anything else. But her mind didn’t really care; it seems that Blythe could draw a blank card and then condemn her somehow. But everything Blythe had said she had pondered before even setting out in all of this. But to hear it coming from Blythe…something about that seemed to reinforce it even more. Making it set in stone. She was honestly beginning to regret this reading. And she wondered just how many other people regretted hearing the honest truth. How many others regretted the sharp pain of conviction that came from a skilled Tarot reader like Blythe. She knew it couldn’t be pleasant. And now she had experienced it firsthand…and again regretted it.

She explained how her partner felt about her and she nearly broke…Composing herself only by setting her face in the palm of her hand weeping silently, softly so Blythe couldn’t her…but she would indeed know. The uncertainty of it all was beginning to take a toll on her. ”What is the point of all this Blythe? He may or may not love me, I may or may not succeed. And I will likely never return home. What’s the use of freeing him if he doesn’t love me anymore?” It seemed the tarot reading had shaken her to the core. And all her little pieces had come out. She was distraught, but she knew what she felt was right to do. And yet…it seemed wrong at the same time. She wished she could get clear answers from all of this.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Blythe on September 20th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Blythe kept her eyes on her teacher, realizing instantly, just how much pain she was in. It didn't take a genius to notice such a thing, or someone far more in tune with the world and other's emotions either. She could see the tears welling in the corners of Kariha's eyes as she tried to keep them from falling. As she fought with all her might to hold them back, but failed. It scared Blythe a little, to see her teacher in a state such as this. She always seemed so calm and collected, grounded and composed in class. The Konti wasn't sure what to make of this, how to respond while her teacher was in such a state of distress and despair; a state her student, until recently, didn't know she was capable of reaching.

Not wanting to stare into her teacher's eyes for another moment, Blythe nervously scooped up the cards she had used in the last reading, and returned them to the box, along with any others that had been left out. When she had placed them all safely back inside, she closed the lid to the box, and set them to the right side of her body, as she glanced nervously back up at her teacher once more, silently praying to Avalis to give her strength and a sense of hope. Silently wishing that she had some sort of handkerchief or cloth to give Kariha, so that she may dry her tears.

"The point?" Blythe asked, her voice little more than a whisper. She wasn't sure if her teacher meant the point in looking to the cards for the answers, or the point she had tried to make with the reading, or something else. Luckily, Blythe did not have to wait long to find out. "The point lies within your heart. Whether or not you believe he has a right to be free," she replied. "But it's more than just that, isn't it?" she asked. "You love him, don't you?" There was a slight pause. "And even if he doesn't love you, you at least want to know that he is free to live his own life. That he is safe... perhaps if he will not be with you, you want to know if you will still be friends. If he will stay close to you."

Blythe fell silent for a long time after that. "You wish to see his smiling face at least one more time, don't you?" she asked, hoping that her questions and her vague answer was enough to calm Kariha's doubts, the anger and frustration that seemed to be swelling within her.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Cachet on September 22nd, 2011, 6:04 pm

The broken Konti woman slowly composed herself. She remembered why she was doing what she was doing. She believed she could counter any ‘justice’ that would be coming her way. Or maybe the justice wouldn’t be pointed at her. No, maybe it would be pointed the other way. Maybe she was the one bringing justice? She needed understanding. She looked at Blythe for a brief second and thought that she would understand. That if anyone knew she had good intensions it would be Blythe. Yes, someone needed to know what was going on. And that someone in her mind seemed to be Blythe. But she had to be careful she didn’t want to put her student in a hard place with the Circle. No that was the last thing she wanted; to put someone who helped her in a tough spot for helping her.

“I have done what I had to do Blythe. And will do what I have to do to free him…I will need all my strength and skills to do so.” She said as if confirming to herself that she was still on track with whatever it was she was going to do.

“He needs to face judgment.”She whispered but Blythe would still hear it. She sat there across from Blythe then looked up and breathed deep.

“You have cleared my mind Blythe; the reading would hinder anyone else. But I know now what I must do, no matter the cost.” She smiled slightly and nodded to herself. She knew what she was to do now. She was going to rescue her lover. And maybe come back to Mura, and maybe not. Her skills could be useful almost everywhere. She could teach no matter where she went. This she was sure of.

“This may be the last time I see you Blythe. You have been a most admirable student, you have shown great improvement.” Her stature showed Blythe she was deadly serious. She might actually be going…this may be her last meeting with her mentor.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Blythe on September 22nd, 2011, 6:52 pm

Blythe looked to her teacher, obviously confused. She repeatedly wiped the sweat that had gathered on her palms on fabric which rolled over her legs. She got gotten the impression that Kariha was not referring to her lover when she mentioned someone's need to be judged. If anything, she was certain that Kariha was referring to some sort of unknown, a third party that she had chosen not to introduce. Something that could only mean that the woman was withholding information for a reason, that she felt the need to carefully guard the secrets she shared with others.

"Thank you," Blythe whispered, as Kariha's words swam within the confines of her mind. They hadn't quite hit her yet, and even if they had, she was not so sure how she should respond. She continued to wipe her hands on her dress uncomfortably, as she forced her mind to think- on what to do and how to respond to her teacher.

"But how would I not be able to see you?" the Konti finally asked, her voice betraying a sense of both confusion, and alarm. "Are you going somewhere Kariha? For surely the only other way for you not to be around is for you to die. But you are hardly older than I. Surely you wouldn't die this young, at least, not of old age anyway." There was a slight pause, "Kariha, what's going on? Why are you being so dark and cryptic?" she asked, with a small shiver, her eyes settling on the woman's hands, simply because she could not stand to look in her eyes.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Cachet on September 23rd, 2011, 12:55 pm

“Blythe, I will be going away. To Riverfall, that is where he is…my love also. I can’t leave him there any longer. Surely you understand why I can’t tell you anymore than that. I don’t with for you to become a target in all this. It is my mess. You don’t need to be a part of it. Although…” She shook her head side to side and sighed. “It would seem you are part if it now.”

This wasn’t what she wanted. But she needed it. She needed to talk to someone. Her heart was heavy and her soul just as much so. She had been eroded and beaten. And now she was going to do the only thing she knew to do. She had to take decisive action. She had to free her lover and stop whatever inhumanities were being done to those other Kelvic beings. She knew she may get there and her lover be dead. But Blythe’s reading didn’t hint at that. No, and for that she was indeed glad. Her body relaxed some as she composed herself some. There was still much for Blythe to know but should she reveal it? Should she drag her student into all of this? It indeed wouldn’t be wise. No, it would be reckless.

“I’d do anything to keep him alive Blythe. He is…all I have. And he is being held captive, in Riverfall. The mothers Circle cannot learn of this until I leave; or they will surely try and stop me.” She shook hear head…but there was more…much more.

“That is all I can safely tell you, without endangering you Blythe.” There was a leather bag to her side and she nodded to it as she then picked it up.

It was a decent length, made of all leather and tied at the top. There was indeed something long and firm inside it. But as to what it was Blythe wouldn’t be able to tell. Kariha nodded again and spoke.

“A gift to my most promising student. For your ventures away from this protected Isle. And…your secrecy.” she said as she then laid the bag down on the table and stood.

“Farewell for now Blythe, one day we will meet again.” She then smiled and went on her way, leaving the package with Blythe. Whatever it was Blythe was likely eager to open it.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Blythe on September 23rd, 2011, 7:57 pm

Blythe could feel tears welling in the corners of her eyes. They felt cold, and caused the edges of her vision to blur. She tried to will them away, so that she may get a clear look at her teacher. She hated not knowing what to do. Seeing someone in pain and being helpless to stop it. But what she supposed she hated most of all was the fact that her teacher felt such a strong and relentless need to keep things from her. "But that doesn't make any sense," Blythe finally stammered. "Our Akalak brothers live there. Surely they would not imprison one of their kind? They seem more the type to well, kill those they deem weak or cruel," she finished, taking a moment to swallow the clump of saliva that had gathered in her throat. "Unless the one you love isn't one of them..." she whispered. "You don't have to love them. You don't need them in order to expand our race."

Blythe glanced down at the bed, wondering what to do. "It doesn't have to be like this Kariha," she whispered. "They can't know everything. They can't simply harm someone because of what they know." She paused again. "You need a friend Kariha. Of that, I have no doubt. Why don't you just, sit down, and tell me what's going on. You may be surprised... maybe I can help," she continued, as she eyed the package Kariha had placed on her bedside table.

Perhaps Kariha hadn't heard Blythe, for her voice was trembling, and wasn't coming out too loudly. Or perhaps Blythe was simply too late, and the woman had already made up her mind long ago. Whatever the reason, Kariha simply left the package on the table, and walked out. Blythe sprang to her feet, nearly tripping over them as she rose from the bed and walked into the doorway which lined her room. "Kariha! Wait!" she called as she watched her go down the hall. "If you don't want to talk now, know that my door is always open if you change your mind!" she finished, not really sure why she was so scared, or acting out of sheer desperation. After all, she didn't know her teacher all that well.

Blythe sighed. "And thank you for the gift," she whispered, as she glanced back at the package on the night stand, not so sure she'd be willing to open it any time soon.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Blythe would likely see her mentor again. But for now she was a little disturbed. Her world had come down crashing around her. Blythe had read her like an open book and at the same time she was somewhat clueless. She had no idea that her mentor was so driven in her goals to save her lover. It would be startling for Blythe to know the truth in this matter. Her mentor was planning on doing whatever it took to free her love. It was strange, love drove her and she was ready to die for it. She had tried once and failed, but she was indeed determined not to fail again. She was going to throw everything she had into this. Everything. She didn’t know how she had lived this long without him; and she wasn’t going to live any longer. She needed to see his face, Blythe was indeed right about this. And she didn’t and couldn’t bring her pupil into this anymore than she already had. She couldn’t put her in danger. She had done enough damage already.

reference :
For the following description use this for reference to paint yourself a better picture. I had to look it up and couldn’t expect you to know what all the parts are. Also use this as well. Thank you enjoy your gift/reward.

If she ever opened the long leather pouch she would pull out of it a wonderfully crafted Katana. The first thing she noticed was the intricacies in the scabbard protecting the katana’s blade. The scabbard itself was made out of a sturdy wood covered on the outside with a taut black leather covering. But what was interesting was the bottom tip of the scabbard. It seemed to be made out of a stone of some sort that was then fixed into the scabbard. The stone tip was a wonderful black granite, but when in the proper light there were faint yet distinctive silver flakes and blue veins in the granite tip. This also weighed the katana scabbard so that when she tied it to her side it would naturally hang down along her leg. But wait…it was about this time that her eye caught something wonderful and shiny. All down the scabbard was an elaborate engraving done in a dark silver. The leather was even pressed into the groove to allow for the dark silver metal to be crafted into the scabbard. There were seashells, and all sorts of other pictures put into the scabbard that could only be caught and appreciated appropriately in the right light, much like the bottom tip. This ornate crafting continued throughout the rest of the sword as well. Her eyes would continue to the guard and handle collar. The handle collar was made out of sturdy steel that seemed to be plated in silver. She could tell this when she touched it. On the other side of the guard the wrapped binding started. When she felt it her heart grew excited. It was firm in her hand yet at the same time not crude or rough. She was unsure what the material was but it felt nice on her hand. It was also white with random streaks of a silvery accent to it. Underneath it she could see the rayskin covering; it was opalescent in color almost like a giant pearl. The buttcap was ornate as well, made out of a white marble that had silver accents in it. The cord wrapped around the scabbard matched the wrapped binding but it was thicker and more durable.

She would feel the blade’s weight and it was nothing compared to what she thought it would be. It was light. When she pulled it from its scabbard she would notice it was a little difficult to pull. Almost like the blade and the scabbard formed an airtight seal with each other. There was also a slight sheen to the blade when it was pulled from the scabbard. It was covered in a light amount of clear oil. To keep the blade from rusting in the scabbard. But that was intentional and didn’t take away from the beauty of the blade. She would see the wonderful silver accent of the blade collar, it had a golden inlay of a shell in it on both sides. Then the blade, the wonderfully crafted blade. She would notice it was indeed ornate and beautiful. The engraving on the side was several sea shells and the symbol of a seers eye, inlaid in silver. The blade fit well in her hand and even both hands if she were to try it; it must have been crafted for Konti hands. It had to have been. But the blade was so very light. This was because it was actually crafted of three different temperaments of Isurian steel. The steel was heated and crafted in such a way that some of it was slightly softer and weighed less than other parts, but still other sections were crafted in a harder and more weighted Isurian steel. The Soshu Kitae method was used, the seven layer method. The core was a softer and more lightweight Isurian steel, while there was there was a layer on each side that was a heavier medium Isurian steel. Then the core parts the cutting edge backing and outside sides were a heavier more durable Isurian steel. She could tell this because of the marking engraved that was hidden on the buttcap. The value of this blade had to be…enormous. Most of the methods for making this particular weapon had been lost somewhere in the past. There were still weapon smiths that didn’t even attempt to make a weapon of this quality. And this weapon had to take a specialist to complete or even attempt.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Wildcard (Blythe)

Postby Cachet on September 26th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Blythe :
Character Name
SKILLS
Fortune Telling: 5
Rhetoric: 4
Observation:5

LORE
Reading Emotions During a Reading
Putting Pieces Together In a Reading
Inferring Duality of a Reading

Misc Notes:
Also gained the Katana listed above. As far as price value it at like 700gm for inventory sake. Or you could say priceless. Either way works, I couldn't even begin to estimate a value of the Katana. Was a wonderful thread I learned a good amount about Tarot reading just through interaction with you. I hope we have a few more of these threads. In all a good thread and I enjoyed modding it.

Anything seem out of place? Any questions please feel free to contact me ASAP.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it

Cachet

Office

Previous