Its a dirty job, but I don't give a ...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Tuic on July 13th, 2011, 4:41 pm

4th of summer 511
time: late evening.

Tuic skulked through one of the many the back alley's littering hunching down and his axe in his hands, ready for him to strike down anybody that looked like the doctor would be satisfied with. Not that that would be hard almost everybody that he would bring would be good enough for the doctor's research. Keeping his eyes open for anything that might alert him to people who where following him. He doubted that he was well liked since he was working for the doctor. So it wouldn't surprise him to much if there where a few dumb thugs who tried to kill him to get back at the doctor, he couldn't help but snort in disgust at that idea, as if the doctor cared about his assistants anyway.

After a few chimes of sneaking around the alley's and not finding anything he finally found his mark. Two young men where walking through the ally probably trying to get lucky and find a target to rob, to bad he found them first. He took the crossbow from his back and pulled the bowstring in position as silently as he could, he didn't have a chance against two thugs at once, as soon as the string was secured he pulled out a bolt out of his quiver, put it in his place and took aim at one of the thugs.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tuic on July 14th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Maybe one of the two men heard him loading his bow, or maybe he made a bit of noise as he was sneaking closer to them, but the fact was that suddenly one of the two persons grabbed the other man by the shoulder and stopped for a listen.
“Did you hear something?” Tuic quickly pressed himself against the wall of the alley huddeling down behind a pair of crates, hoping that the darkness and the crates he was would protect him from their preying eyes. Well at least they didn't sound like people from sunberth, so he doubted he would have to much of a hard time with them. If he could get the drop on them.
As one of the men was carefully listening for anything that sounded suspicions, the other one was just laughing away his concerns.

Slowly taking aim with his crossbow at the man who was suspicious of something, as he was the biggest threat to him at the moment and pulled the trigger. Instead of hitting the suspicious man in the chest and probably killing him the bolt hit the other man in the leg, bringing him down screaming in pain. Letting out a short string of curses he pulled out his axe and jumped out of his hiding place quickly advanced on the remaining man. Though the man had already turned around and pulled out a wooden club. Ready to fight back.
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tuic on July 15th, 2011, 5:29 pm

The unharmed man stepped in between Tuic and his downed comrade, swinging his wooden club at the charging tuic, obviously going to defend the fallen man.
“You picked the wrong person to rob you scoundrel!” Tuic quickly brought up his axe, catching the swing with the shaft of his axe stopping the attempt dead in its tracks. The man quickly pulled back his club and stepped closer ramming him in the side with his club. The leather armor tuic was wearing absorbed most of the blow, it still hurt like hell though and let the giant of a man stumbled a few stepbs backwards, taking deep breaths to steady himself and try to bite through the pain.
He took a frim grip on his axe, turned it around so that the blunt side was the side he was hitting with, he did need a live specimen after all, and began wildly swinging at the man. Putting all the force he could behind every single swing and forcing him into the defensive, the first swings where easily dodged by the man, but he got one luckly hit on the mans side, hitting him right in his liver the force of his blow doubling over the man and probably forced all the air out of his lungs. Not wanting to give up that opening he bit on his teeth and just continued striking the man, he needed to get the guy down and unable to do anything back before his mate had pulled himself together enough to get up and attack him. No matter that he almost couldn't stand anymore on his leg he doubted he would be able to fend them off both, he could barely handle this one.
Luck was with him it seemed, that or the man wasn't used to being battered by the back of an axe, and the man was slammed towards the ground and laid there, groaning in pain. Taking a few deep breaths to try ignore the burning feeling in his arms he gave the prone man one last hard kick in the stomach rolling him on his back before kicking his weapon away from him and walking over towards the wounded man.

As the wounded man saw him walk towards him, axe drawn and ready to end his life he broke down, begging and crying for his life. Offering whatever he had just so he kept his life. Pity that he was going to take whatever he had on him right now anyway. With one swing with his axe he cracked open the man's skull. Putting his axe back away he knelt down giving the dead man a quick check for valuables, pocketing anything that was even remotely of value before turning back around towards the downed man. First ripping a few long stripes of cloth from the now dead man's body he wen't back towards the downed man. Giving him another kick to keep him down before clumsily tying his hands and legs together with them, giving him a few other punches on the back of his head for struggeling before ruffeling through the mans pockets for anything valuable. Before lifting the man over his shoulder with some effort and walking of towards the doctor with his new subject.
--End--
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archelon on August 25th, 2011, 1:21 am

Thread Award

“Wait, maybe you will. 'Cause this thread was great!"

And the Results!!!!:
Tuic :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Crossbow3Extra point for missing the one target :)
Axe3
Observation1spotting targets
Stealth1 Setting up your shot and ducking behind cover to stay out of sight
Unarmed1 Wasn't much brawling there but try to go for unarmed a little to use kicks along with the axe use in the future :)
Larceny 1 Checking a corpse :)
Intimidation1 Scaring a man about to die :)

Lores:
Cracking skulls:Backshaft blow

Loot:
1 Left handed gauntlet on wounded man's belt.
8 GM to your ledger from a small purse on the dead guy :)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
This was a delightful read, I'd really like to see how this character might develop later on. Just remember to count this as one of your 'job threads' for the season you will have to do a seperate post to levi's office with all three threads :) Great Job!
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)