Interlace (Canali)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Interlace (Canali)

Postby Cid on May 20th, 2011, 9:27 am

Cid smiled as Canali clung to him, obviously thrilled to see someone she knew. She had been through a lot. "It's okay now. I took care of those two." Cid smiled again. Taken care of for a while. He watched as she brought up her foot to show something sticking out barely, maybe a piece of glass. A little bit of blood trickled off of her heel.

"Here, let's get you off of the street. We'll get that foot looked at." Cid especially wanted to get Canali off of the streets to help with her fear. It would help her clear her mind and calm down to be away from the streets and to get inside. He could take her to the inn, yes then he could take a look at her foot and try and remove whatever it was she speared it with.

Not bothering to wait for permission, Cid scooped her up with her knees over one arm and her back on the other. "It'll only make things worse if you continue to walk on that foot." Cid began to walk down one of the streets towards the inn. Canali would probably need a drink of water, Cid knew that he needed one. Heck... He thought to himself. I need something more than water. A nice thing of ale or mead maybe.
Cid
Player

Words: 10832
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Interlace (Canali)

Postby Canali on May 23rd, 2011, 3:06 am

Though the blood had slowed, it still seeped from about a four inch cut. Hot to the touch and swollen, her heel screamed in protest any movement; even the simplest such as changing the direction of her foot. A throbbing had taken over the area.

It never even crossed Canali's mind to ask how he had taken care of the two goons. A mental shrug and a shudder told her she didn't want to know. Heck, she didn't even want to imagine how, much less the fine-pointed details.

Surprise flooded Canali when he scooped her up like a young child; as if she only weighed that much also. The fog clouding her brain was beginning to fade, but a paranoia still hung around; kept her checking the alleys for any sign of movement and her ears extra sensitive to the sound of footsteps.

With the withdrawal of the fear in place came the shock. Mental images flooded her brain. The crazed look in his dark eyes, the twisted sneer covering slobbery lips. His buddy standing off to the side, laughing. How the cold seeped through her clothing; both internally and mentally. When he brought his hand sharply against her cheek. Was it a punch or a slap?

Gingerly, she lifted her shaking hand to her numb cheek. Warmth spread through the fingertips. Softly, she pressed and jerked slightly in response. Pain. Too much pain for her shocked brain to comprehend. A small tear dripped down her face, unnoticed in the darkness of the night. Eyes closed, Canali dipped her head against him; resting; trying to make sense of the confusion in her mind.

The sound of people popped Canali's grey eyes open and tensed her small body. Pain shot up her leg and she winced. Up ahead, a tavern. No.. .Wait, no. An inn, judging by the sign which read The Butterfly Knight. A stupid name for an inn in Sunberth. Old by the architectural style, and new by the boards. A small group of people mingled outside the door, chatting happily and laughing freely. No one seemed to notice the armed man carrying a woman.

Taking a sharp intake of breath through a parched mouth, Canali tucked her legs as close as they could go with the position she was in. Pain clouded her sight for a moment. When it cleared, she realized they were inside the inn already. Cid's body warmth nearly matched the room's.

"I'm sure you can help me hobble over to a table," she commented, soft voice only loud enough for Cid to hear. One arm slunk around his neck as she twisted out of his arms, stumbling when she tried to unsuccessfully land on her left foot only. A nod of thanks came from her when Cid wrapped one arm around her waist to steady her. With his help, she made it to a table.

"Thank you," slipped from light lips and filled with graciousness. Canali truly had no idea how someone could live with only one leg for their whole life. Even traveling across a room wore her out. The wooden chair was uncomfortable, but suited the purpose needed currently. Cid took the seat across from her. Words rumbled up her chest, but she didn't get a chance to speak. The barmaid had arrived.

"D'awww. How sweet. He carried you. Ya know, I wish my man would do that for me. He sits at home, lazy and smoking the wishes. You do know what those are, don'tcha?" Without waiting for a reply, she continued on; blonde hair bobbing with each word, "Anywho, I'm rambling, what can I get you guys?"

Cid's eyes found the barmaid. "She'll take a water, unsweetened. Maybe a pina if you have it?" At the barmaid's not, he smiled. "That's i-"

Canali cut in. No way was she going to drink water. Normally she would, but after the night she had… No way in hell. "Make that two scotch pints. IF you could, would you please add a lemon on the side?" The waitress smiled at Canali, blue eyes glittering with laughter as she glanced between the two. After a nod, she bounced off to prepare the drinks. "Sorry. Any type of burning liquid would be nice, currently. I don't handle pain well."

Shifting, she winced. "Here, let me see," Cid patted his knee after scooting the chair he had been sitting in more to the side. Before Canali could respond, though, the waitress set two drinks upon the table and swished away. Slowly, Canali set her right foot upon Cid's warm knee. A mouthful of liquid made it's way to Canali's stomach in response.
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Interlace (Canali)

Postby Archelon on August 25th, 2011, 6:53 am

Thread Award

“Warturtle Ready for Action- Grrrr...
Warning! Warning! Alleyway Scum Hunting mode: Engaged!!!! Prosecute all targets!"

And the Results!!!!:
Canali :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Unarmed Combat2
Socialization2talking with an old friend
Running1
Observation1 Being attentive on sunberths' streets

Lores:
Special Attack: Knee to the groin
Run from thugs:Run Faster!
Sunberth Alleys(basic)

wounds:
Small puncture from a glass shard. - 8 days healing
Slight twist of the ankle- 3 days to heal

Ledger: Deduct 8 cm for two drinks.

Cid :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Unarmed combat 2
Weapon(gauntlet2Skullpunching a bandit
Weapon(Longsword)1
Brawling1 ForeHead slam into goon's nose
Medicine1Forethought of carrying a wounded person so they didn't injure themselves further:3
Torture1 Mutilations etc.

Lores:
Rescuing a damsel in distress.
Sunberth Alleys(basic)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
I would have given a little more, but there was not much to wrok with here. This was a thread that I would have liked to see finished :). Don't be afraid if someone leaves to post a few more to finish off the thread :).
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous