Answering the Call (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Liam on July 13th, 2011, 2:12 am

"What do I have but revenge?"

Liam considered his own words and realized that they were true. He exited Aello's body, appearing in front of her. His anger was dangerous, he couldn't risk hurting her when there was so much more she could do for him.

"Vengeance is what allows me to hold on to this world. Without it I would be nothing. And if I let go? If I let all the injustices they commit continue without punishment what happens then? Will I be reborn, as they say, and just forget it all? No, something must be done. They must be stopped."

Liam closed his eyes and focused in himself, on the soul mist that made up his body. He drew it in, collected it, and transformed it into a semi-solid substance. It was the closest he could come to looking alive again, and it was not perfect. His materialized form was still blurred around the edges, and he could only maintain it for a moment. But he didn't need long, he just wanted to make an example.

"You asked what I would have been were it not for the Stryfe's interference. This was who I should have been." Liam pulled out his sword, which wasn't actually a sword but rather an extension of himself, and removed the shield from his back. "I was a squire, set to be a knight. My father was a Knight of Syliras. A great enemy to Rhysol. Had he not been killed shortly after I was born I would have followed in his footsteps and joined the knighthood. This is who I am supposed to be. Knight, ghost, it does not matter. I was born to fight against the Defiler, Rhysol! I am finally doing what I was supposed to do all along."

Liam's material form faded, his energy spent, and he returned to the translucent image he usually was. The sword and shield simply dissolved, returning to their places at his side and on his back, and Liam sighed.

"But it is all just talk for now. I can barely cast two spells before I am drained, and I imagine wielding a sword would be just as difficult. Perhaps I should turn my thoughts elsewhere and seek aid. Maybe go to Syliras and speak to the knights, or seek help from some god.. If I knew how to contact one." Liam shook his head, "I'm sorry if my magic frightened you. I might have done more, but I don't want to hurt you. Right now you're the closest thing to a friend I've got."

OOCSo I guess we should wrap this up, unless you want to make something interesting happen. We need to do an adventure thread at some point. Training can be so dull sometimes, lol.
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Aello on July 15th, 2011, 3:40 am

"Every other emotion there is, although, admit-ably, they are mostly of the darker sort at the moment," Aello gasped as Liam left her body. Her entire body was trembling, surprisingly cold. Her eyes seemed frightened; rather wide. Her skin was paler than usual, and several beads of sweat had appeared on her brow. After only a moment of freedom, Aello's knees buckled and she fell to the floor. She braced herself with her hands, causing them to sting, and grow red. A small pebble digging into the flesh. There was something swirling around in her stomach; clawing at its confines, tugging on her innards, making her feel so very sick. The remnants of a foreign and unwelcome magic.

As Liam spoke, Aello looked up from the ground; her ghastly pale hands, to him. Her entire body was trembling, and she felt as though her stomach was about to implode, or as though she would vomit. Perhaps even both at the same time, if that were even possible, which she supposed it was. "Yes, vengeance is what binds you to this place," Aello agreed, her voice shaking, a reflection of the current state of her physical form. "But you would not be nothing without it. Perhaps you would remain a ghost, for you have something else to let go of, or perhaps you would move on, only to be born again somewhere down the line. During a time in which things on this plane may have changed, or you may have forgotten what you once were; or both." There was a slight pause as Aello swallowed the bile that had risen in her throat. "But you will not become nothing Liam. In fact, you may become something more; if you choose to rid yourself of what binds you, and continue on in the cycle of life and death." There was a slight pause, "it could be good for you Liam, to let go. For the hatred that fills your heart drags you down, doesn't it?"

Aello remained silent for a long time, as Liam showed her what he felt he should have been. "It is good of you, to want to destroy the evil in this world. But you are already dead Liam, how much life could you truly bring to this cause? How much power could you wield? Should you not, simply, accept the fact that you have informed one of the living of what the stryfe and Rhysol are, empowered them, and move on?" Aello asked. "After all, surely you will be born again; and find yourself drawn to finishing that which you have begun..." as the words spilled out of her mouth, Aello began to cough, a deep, hacking cough that both sounded and felt as though she were about to spit out her insides.

Aello was silent for a long time after that. Silent until she managed to bring herself to her feet, so that she may be more level with Liam. So that she may stare. Her skin was now green, and it seemed to glow with sweat. Her body was still shaking, although not so much as before. It was apparent that she was finding it difficult to stand, to recover. "That's alright... the effects of this will fade away," Aello whispered. "Now go, friend, you would not want to be seen with me. Not when we both fight the darkness and wield a magic we sometimes find difficult to control."

OOCOk, I hope this works. Feel free to wrap up.

And adventure thread will happen sometime in the future...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Liam on July 19th, 2011, 12:23 am

Liam watched with mild concern as Aello collapsed. It wasn't unexpected, her body had just been through something it had never endured before. It was impressive that she was able to continue speaking as all, and Liam listened to each word carefully. What she had to say must be important, or why else would she speak even when in such agony. Her words hit him like an Isur's fist. Perhaps she was right. His anger, his lust for revenge, was a weakness he could not control.

If he let go... If he passed on and was truly meant to fight the god Rhysol, perhaps he would be reborn better equipped to do so. It was a lot to think about, and Liam wasn't sure if he was ready for that. But Aello had been a great help to him, and he would see her again before he passed on. If he passed on.

"I apologize. I pushed your body too hard, it seems. You have given me a lot to think about... When I finally do confront Rhysol.. I will make sure you are safely away from this place. I wish no harm upon you."

Liam nodded goodbye to Aello and then vanished, first going invisible and then sinking beneath the docks. He took his time returning to his chest at the bottom of Lake Ravok, thinking over his experience with the spiritist. She was quite wise, and her words had him shaken to the core. Should he give up the path to vengeance and let the living deal with it? Was it time for him to leave? Not yet.. but perhaps sooner than he thought.

~End

OOCThis is a bleh final post, sorry. I guess I'll drop this in Gillar's office since neither of us can grade it.
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on September 5th, 2011, 8:08 pm

OOCI have permission from Verilian to grade this thread since his PC was in it.

Character: Aello
Experience: Interrogation +3, Observation +1, Auristics +1, Spiritisim +4, Teaching +2, Philosophy +2
Lore: Hiding Thoughts, Being a Willing Host, Seeing a Ghost's Memories, Symptoms of Possession

Additional Note: Great job guys! Let me know if you feel I missed anything. PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous