(scrapbook/newsletter}The Turtle Times

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Archelon on September 21st, 2011, 12:26 am

The Turtle Times, Ed.I.
Extra, Extra! Read All About It:

Theme Music :

Turtles mobilize for grading war all across Sunberth's shores!

In the wee hours of the morning, a plethora of turtles rose out of the mists of Baroque Bay to invade the somber streets of the city. Keeping watch on denizens past and present alike as the ferretted deep into the dangerous murk of Levi's office. With red pens as their weapons they began searching ferociously, gathering the tales of many a tidings, as they investigated Sunberth high and low. Not a stone was left unturned, not a trashcan was not peeked into. Not a beggar was left uncleaned as the turtles began to take the fight to all dropped threads and oppressed reptiles everywhere!

Eventually, the turtles declared victory by excavating massive trenchworks throughout the city and opening underground communication lines as they settled in to keep watch for any other signs of discontent!

ImageSoon enough, the fighting batallions of tiny turtles began to hear word of distant fighting on another front, the destitution of red pens everywhere! Liminal's Office was crying for attention! Teaming up with their long time friends, the seals, the turtle troopers began their dangerous journey all across the globe, transported across the perilous terrain by CH-46 Sea Knights, the turtle troopers were airdropped into Zeltiva's harbor. Landing in the dead of night, coming to the docs, the turtles infiltrated, and made their way to ground beneath the notice of the city watchers. A surprise attack brought victory in the dead of morn, and red pens rejoiced everywhere !

In the final hours of conquering Liminal's office, mechanized divisions of armored turtles braved the wild lands , seeking out those who were lost and delivering them safely upon their way once more.

Receiving orders to begin pulling back to Baroque Bay the turtles began to depart, vanishing as mysteriously as they appeared. With the job done and the extraction of their troops underway, kind hearted people handed the turtles many thanks and notes. One bonnie lass even gave out a card:

Eye Witness accounts describe even a massive turtle emerging from the swells of Sunberth's harbor. But we here at the Turtle Times are skeptical of any such reports until proof can be gained! Who know where these Turtles will strike next? Who knows if they ever shall return? We certainly don't. ;) But we hereby pledge to inform you as best we can of these sightings as they appear to us.

Sincerely,
~The turtle times newsgroup
L.L.O.L.C
Last edited by Archelon on September 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 21st, 2011, 1:38 am

I love all things turtle. All things.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Archelon on October 9th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Since the turtle needed to get something off his mind:

Topic: When two people I both respect are at odds or can't see eye to eye. I hate it.

I also hate it when I don't handle it too well and want to curl up inside my shell or snap at one, or maybe even do so when something makes me think things aren't couth. It's wrong, it's bloody stupid of me, and they sure as hell don't deserve. If the people are reading this message, then you know you have my apology for it -_-'

Turtle's going to go take a snooze and hopes to calm down a bit.

The turtle just hates this type of situation, He really does... but that's all I'm going to say. I'll probably delete this post later when I calm down a bit. but for now, the turtle's taking a day off.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 9th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Turtles Are Human. Humans Are Human.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 9th, 2011, 7:07 pm

For you with noms:

Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Archelon on January 8th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Cleaning out the office; Wanted to get a post up for saving some nice people's words :)

Gossamer wrote:Thank you so much for all your hard work cleaning up Liminal's office and grading the dozens and dozens of threads still lingering there. The site owes you a huge hug and tons of gratitude for the work you are doing. I just wanted you to know how much you are appreciated.
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Archelon on February 3rd, 2012, 11:29 pm

The World works in mysterious Ways... O.o

Alright, Turtle was substitute teaching today and on the way back to the school from lunch break in his car when his car stalled in a rather urban neighborhood that's switched in its population over the years. Used to be where Turtle's grandma used to live.Luckily, turtle remembered his cousin lived in the area and tried to give him a call; first call didn't go through.

So turtle tried asking for directions to the nearest gas station, to go try to get some gas, but these two latino speaking ladies and two men wouldn't even give him directions and instead looked at him funny and shook their heads like "no" as if they were clueless when he tried to pantomime that his car was in trouble and he needed a bit of help with directions. They just ignored him :(.

Then lo and behold the cuz came through after asking a man at the goodwill store for direction, and soon enough said cuz pops open his trunk, gives him a gallon of gas, and then opens the hood of turtle's car and declares "You got somethin' loose and sticks it back in. Then he smiles and goes of doing cuzziny things with the giant shephard named Coors (yeah you know what that dog is named for :P). Anyways, Turtle then stops back in the nearest gas station for a fill up and limps back to work.

Thank god for cousins and for family when you need them!

But here's the kicker: At that gas station while turtle was outside with gassing the car this rather distraught woman comes by crying and looking all bruised and splotchy in this very latino district where the latinos are just saying 'no, no' to her. Turns out she'd been mugged. So turtle got on the phone, got the girls parents on the line, got the police and then got his rear end back to work a bit later and explained to the sister what had happened and that took a moment for himself to sit down.

But if that car hadn't stalled... some poor soul would probably still be hurt and crying somewhere wandering on by.

Damn, sometimes the world really does work in mysterious ways X.x.

Anyways, Turtle's taking the night off and destressing with a nice homemade meal of chicken pot pie and a brew. G'night all.
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)