Endrykas, Your favorite moving city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Lariat on July 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Hello guys, I am currently working on the link map, and while I could attempt to think of everything anyone would possibly want myself, I prefer to ask you the players, what you would like to see in Endrykas. So what would you like in our magnificent city?
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Quixotic on October 6th, 2011, 12:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm partly posting to bump this topic back up to the front because it's something that I think needs to be asked again, namely what do you as players want from Endrykas. We do have the shiny new link map that Lariat's produced, but there's always room for more :D

In a similar vein I've got a couple of questions of my own to add:

1) What do your PCs, Drykas or otherwise, who live in or are visiting Endrykas, want? What are their goals, their dreams, their plans or even just their vague hopes?

2) What can Lariat and I do to help bring these things to life for your PCs?

Heh they're simple enough questions to ask, though the answers might be trickier. So if you do have any thoughts, either on Lariat's original topic of the Linkmap and locations within Endrykas or on my two little questions post here or PM me or something won't you?

Thanks for reading,

Quix.
Quixotic
Keep tilting at those windmills

Words: 10545
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Zeal Aldercraft on October 8th, 2011, 1:47 am

1. Zeal hopes to turn his luck around, start winning back some of his gambling money and rebuild his Akinva Deerstalker line. He also wants to be lazy, hang out and drink as much as he can but he needs to work on his Healing, Spiritism and Herbalism skills too.

2. Finishing the Pavilions so we can make money would be a great start. I'd also like to see a list of plants/herbs, etc in the area so he can start working with them. A quick turnaround on thread grading would be great too. :nod:

3. Also, are there any quests or adventures? I'm not sure how that works so I figured I'd ask. lol
Zeal Aldercraft
Opal Clan

Words: 38473
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Lariat on October 8th, 2011, 3:55 am

Thanks for being the first to answer Zeal, and for asking such a question to start it off. Many may know the recent additions to the link map, but for those who don't there is in fact a place to acquire jobs now found: Here. As for your other suggestion about Flora, a list is in progress, along with a list of Fauna. Once it is all fleshed out, and prettied up it will be up for your convenience. As for the grading, I apologize about that, I am usually pretty good about grading but as of late, certain things in RL have been going crazy, and the fact that my midterms are coming up next week doesn't help. Still it doesn't excuse my tardiness in grading and I will try to be better about that.
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Office

Postby Auldwin on October 8th, 2011, 4:15 am

1) Well Auldwin is always looking to find the identity of the Ghost that killed him, but other than that goals are kind of strange for a Ghost. Auldwin always seeks to learn about his Ghostly existence, and would feel drawn to places of spiritual significance. I'm not sure if there are any "haunted" places around the areas of Endrykas. Auldwin is also something of a Ghost Ghost Hunter, in that he looks to drive away violent Ghosts. He doesn't mind a good haunting, scaring the crap out of the living is where it's at, after all, but he doesn't really want to have folks getting slaughtered all willy nilly.

2) If there were some evil/angry spirits that plagued Endrykas, that would be a good chance for Auldwin and any other spiritual people to get involved.

I'm a big fan of adventures and quests myself, but again as a Ghost...it's kind of strange in getting involved in one. It's not like Auldwin has any use for money or land. Really gaining 'favor' with people is the best policy for Auldwin, since material items hold no value to him anymore. I still love action though, so I'd probably jump on it no matter what.
Auldwin
In this state I can find a purpose.

Words: 166853
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Caoin on October 8th, 2011, 4:22 am

I think I've addressed these questions on a few other boards and I've discussed them with Quix, but...

I'm looking to set up something similar to The Sanctuary with horses and dogs. I'm also looking to RP around trade and politics between the Pavilions, as well as PCs of other races and cities.

As far as suggestions go, I think you guys are doing a great job so far and there's nothing that's coming to mind immediately.
Language Key
Pavi Speech
Common Speech

cause it's almost like
your heaven's trying everything
to keep me out
-- Far From Home by FFDP

Links
My Graphic Workshop
My Post Templates
Caoin
of the Amethyst Clan

Words: 142714
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2011, 10:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Quixotic on October 8th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Thanks for getting back to us so soon you three, Caoin I already knew about since we're working on getting her to where she wants to be.

Zeal: Lariat and I are working on getting some open threads at the moment, so there'll be chances to do that sort of thing soon :D

Auldwin: I've got a couple of thoughts on how what you're talking about could work. PM me/catch me in chat if you want to talk about it.
Quixotic
Keep tilting at those windmills

Words: 10545
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Zeal Aldercraft on October 10th, 2011, 12:48 am

Lariat and Quix, I'm anxious to see what you come up with. Sounds like lots of fun changes are coming.

Zeal Aldercraft
Opal Clan

Words: 38473
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Ronan on October 31st, 2011, 4:21 pm

I'd second the notion of quests/adventures. Not sure how it would work, but some new opportunities for those in Endrykas would be great! :D
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)