Stealing from a giant... not a good idea.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on August 24th, 2011, 2:12 am

The pan sure did make a lot of rattling sounds. It made enough racket to drive a whole family of rat out of their house, conveniently located in a hole in a wall. Other than that, no other living creature appeared to admire Darik’s starved and battered body. The man has whooped Darik good with that mighty axe. It was almost like a leather belt, but it wasn’t made of leather and could cleave a man in half. Okay, maybe it wasn’t even close to a leather belt.

Back to Darik’s condition. Once his mind realized that the man wasn’t coming it sent a release signal to his body. Slowly the rich veins of adrenaline dried up leaving a husk of what was Darik. Suffice to say he felt terrible. His feet rarely lifted as he slowly made his way to a wall. With its support he slowly lowered his body to the ground. Of course he was versed in proper technique, you lean your head over the dirt not your body. Once he was in a good position, a sort of hiccup came from the bottom of his chest. The hiccup caused pain and a something to come into his mouth.

It felt terrible in his mouth. It was like a vat of acid was slowly being poured down his throat. To get rid of it he opened his mouth and it dripped out. On the ground it formed a puddle, it was a water like substance with a darkish coloring. Not much of the vile liquid made it out of his esophagus, Darik hadn’t drunk anything lately. Or eaten for that matter. Clumsily he used the wall as a makeshift to lift himself up. He was like a drunk, his senses were all disorientated. Except unlike a drunk, he didn’t have water swishing around his stomach, instead he had a void that groaned in agony.

Once Darik was on his feet he took a step forwards. His whole body toppled as his feet got in the way of each other. On the ground he thought what it would be like to go in a relaxing sleep. Just to close your eyes and never wake up. He broke away from that line of thinking when his logic set in. If he went to sleep he would leave all of his goals unfilled! Things he had always wanted to do would be vacant! Unacceptable!

Darik used all of his might in his hands to lift himself into a nice comfortable sitting position. He took it nice and slow, his breaths were starting to become less shallow, but if he went too fast they would speed up again. Then he would have to wait longer than he would if he just kept a constant pace. It was just like running, if you keep your pace through the race you will always win. Not the best example, some people are better runners than others, but you know what I mean. Once Darik was on his feet, he rolled his shoulders. They were sore, sprints have a tendency to cause the tissue in the arm to band together. So with that roll he was causing them to rub against each other in an effort to relieve that tension.

When he took a step again he didn’t fall down! He took another one, and bam he was walking! At a pace akin to a really old lady, but still walking! He was very susceptible to mugging at this time, but it was obvious he had no worthwhile possessions on him. If any one attacked him it would be a mercy killing, and no one has mercy in Sunberth. So on Darik walked towards a river, he wanted to rest his aching muscles in a cold refreshing polluted river.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 10th, 2011, 7:38 am

Thread Award

"A turtle in disguise as an alley cat saw the whole thing and told me what happened :P"

And the Results!!!!:

Tuic :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Axe3
Observation3
Unarmed Combat2kicks
Rhetoric1 for the insults
Crossbow2

Lores:
Dealing with opportunistic thieves the hard way(basic)

Darik :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
running2
Stealth1
Observation2
larceny1 Failed attempts count
Unarmed Combat2 Dodging counts
Acrobatics2 rolls and stuff
brawling 3 Makeshift weapons(arrow throw); distractions, etc.

Lores:
Tuic is a dangerous man(basic)
When to fight or run away: live to steal another day

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Whew, last one of these for awhile, anyways, time to get a turtle snooze X_X. Shame , Tuic doesn't seem that active a character anymore :|.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous