(flashback) The Dangers of Poking a Bear (Darren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Fela Meason on July 29th, 2011, 4:52 am

15th Day of Summer, 510 AV

The day was growing long and Fela was feeling restless. Her and Salida had been there a little over 7 days and Fela was ready to chew her own leg off to get away from Salida's extended family. All night they sat around telling long tales of hunting and bravery. The first few days it kept her entertained but as the days went on her spirit started to crave the outdoors. She itched to roam the trees and stalk to local fauna.

She found herself wandering the streets of Avanthal secure with the knowledge that her bondmate would be taken care of. Salida was safe and sound at the Snowsong hold basking in the company of her mother's Vantha relatives. Fela watched as Syna started her long decent into darkness with a smile across her face.

She breathed deep of the wind and made her way towards the Icewall gates. A short run the woods would put her spirits right and the scent of polar bear was already tingling her senses. The titillating sensations of the north were truly a wonder to behold. Everything sparkled in the brightness of the setting sun and long shadows were thrown along the ground creating intricate patterns in the frost covered streets.

At last she reached the Icewall gates and was greeted with the view of a polar bear's backside. Mischief boiled in her blood.
Time to make things a little more interesting. Fela muttered under her breath. She located a nearby boulder and crouched behind it making sure to stick to the shadows. Fela scooped up a handful of snow and carefully molded it in a perfect sphere. With a devious grin on her face she pulled back and let the ball fly. Her intentions were only for a playful snowball fight Kelvic to Kelvic with the bear, poor aim and a gust of wind had other plans for her that day. The ball of snow sailed through the air past the Kelvic and with a heart stopping thud found it's landing on the side of the Icewatchman's head. Her heart sank, her first instinct was to simply transform and make a quick dash. Her human brain had other plans. Fela rose to her feet quickly and placed her hands on her hips just in time for the Icewatch guard to spin around to face her.

Did you just see that? Fela exclaimed with mock rage. When she was met with only angry eyes she continued. He was at least, she paused, 7 feet tall! With wild blue eyes and blonde hair. She waved her arms excitedly. This is an outrage and you should not stand for it. She walked her way towards them but was halted by the roar of an irritated Kelvic bear. She hadn't fooled him. Maybe I should act insane...Fela said to herself while she contemplated the situation she found herself in. It could end two ways, locked up or dead.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 30th, 2011, 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Darren on July 29th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Run Run Run... you would think I have something better to do. The warrior vantha was running half assed that day as he spent the better part of his morning running in an aimless circle. For some reason he couldn't take today's routine seriously, it just seemed totally asinine and useless. Run in a circle for two hours? Find an animal, chase it and beat it down? Find a effective way to solve the ajar door problem? What was going on in his father's mind to ask of him to do this? He gritted aggrivated as he finally finished his circuit around the established perimeter. His legs were on fire as he shakily made his way away from the area before he stopped near a tree for support. Resting his weight on it's trunk he wearily looked up to see the results of his recent handiwork. "Oh that's pretty..." Darren gazed upon the snow circle imprint he made before stumbling to the side a few paces.

Sigh* All that dizziness and nausea just to see a circle in the ground. Oh! How lovely! That all this hard work was it to appreciate the impact I have on snow. Great... It was not until a few shaky attempts at walking straight did he manage to find the equilibruim needed to handle the next two tasks given to him. Maybe I should go back to town and see if anyone seen anything I can chase down. More running soon followed as he made his way to town, experiencing only what was called a runner's high his endorphins, blocking out any fatigue as he made his way closer to town. His legs would only feel sore when he would stop his routine or otherwise rest. For now his body was content with pushing the snow underneath him back as it worked to propel the Vantha forward.

It just so happened that he crossed paths with Fela and her new acquaintances as he watched them from a distance. A exuberant smile on his face from the hormones rushing through his body it was what spurred the guard to immediately lay blame on the cheery Vantha. Pointing his spear out in front of him, he directed Darren to a stop as he glared at him indignantly. "You..." "Me..." A quick exchange between the two before an awkward silence entered the conversation. Looking at the guard before him Darren shook his head and shrugged his shoulders slightly before finally breaking the silence. "What?"

The Kelvic in turn answered with a loud bawling growling before the watchman calmed his companion. "You like playing tricks on these bears right?" "Erm, sort of I wouldn't really call them pranks." "Well then... that's enough to get what I wanted. Come with me, your going to pay for what you did." Darren gave a surprised look before responding. "Wait are you kidding me what for?" Looking at the woman besides him, Darren gave a hard glare woman before shouting back at the man raiding his arm at her accusingly. "What did she tell you? I didn't anything! I don't even know this bimbo" He turned back to further show his aggravation for the woman as his eyes turned a unrelenting red.

oocAny problems PM me. Sorry if he's rude but I would imagine that is how it would play out with my guy's concept and history thus far.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 30th, 2011, 3:20 am

Her plan worked, somewhat. Instead of chasing after an invisible man whom no harm would come to, the Icewatch had targeted a poor innocent bystander who was now slinging rage in her direction. Fela had half a mind to throw a snowball at him. Now now Fela, this isn't the time or the place. It was your fault he's in this mess.

She rushed to the side of the guard and grabbed his spear. Wait! This wasn't the man. This man's hair is as black as the raven's in the sky. Surely someone as knowledgeable as you are knows the difference between blonde and black hair. She looked up at the guard and was met with a fierce stare which moved to her hands on his weapon. Slowly she released his spear and took a step back. The man you want has hair like fair Syna and skin kissed by her to a deep golden brown. She narrowed her eyes. So to sum it up, you have the wrong guy love.

The Icewatch guard member had a look on his face that said he would love to run them both through and be done with the whole matter and the poor polar bear was growing more and more irritated as tempers flared.

Determined to keep the act up Fela turned angry eyes to the unknown Vantha and gave him the full force of her multicolored eyes.
And you! I don't know how you treat your women here in Avanthal, but speak like that of me again and I will personally take away your manhood. I hope we have an understanding.

Fela turned her back to everyone and tried her best to stride away in a huff. She started her decent down the steps of the gate and into the Talderan Wilderness when her foot managed to catch on a fallen branch and send her sprawling off the steps and into the snow. The sharp pain in her ankle alerted her to the fact she had managed to twist it pretty badly but also reassured her nothing was broken. Broken bones always waited for the pain to sink in, a numbness would have been a much worse sign. Fela winced and blinked away tears. So much for a dignified exit.

OOCSee, Fela can be just as mean :p
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Darren on July 30th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Glancing at his hair, Darren absently curled his hair around his finger before looking back at the woman in question. "Where exactly is this blonde haired, tan hide plaything you speak of? We don't exactly have too many of those in Avanthal." Glancing at the guard the two exchanged similar disgruntled looks as they put Fela on the spot. Retracting his spear back, the guard laid in on his shoulder as he leaned forward, resting his head on his hand. "Oh this should be good" Darren's eyes narrowed as he glanced at the watchman conspiratorially, the pair was still irritated but at least suspicion wasn't place on Darren for once.

Darren's face hardened as he looked back at Fela, unswayed by her glare. Not going to work with you, have to be either somewhat intimidating or actually furious. "Not really... I'm not really convinced" Drooping his eyes slightly as she turned away he glanced at the guard somewhat amused, a half-smile on his face as he asked what happened. "That's it? Hey it can't be helped, we are in a snowy place afterall. I don't think you'd get mad if children would do the same." Waving away the man's upcoming retort he looked back to see Fela trip unto the snow. "Hey... how about I take care of this? One of my tasks today was to find an animal and beat it down."

A loud hearty laugh escaped the man's lips as he nodded his approval. "Silfer's boy... fine. Just make sure it doesn't happen again!" With that the man and his mount made their exit but not without a little exchange with Darren and the bear. Muttering indecipherable baby sounding garrgle the bear didn't appreciate the gesture as he swatted at Darren. Attempting to catch or otherwise high five the bear he was hit full force as he was smacked towards Fela's general direction. Stumbling a few paces away the bear growled a huff of approval as he lead the two away. At least that solves that problem. Now to deal with this one...

Making his way to Fela, he walked a few paces further before he sprawled himself in front of her. His legs out and his arms touching the snow beneath him the Vantha looked with an amused face as he talked to the stranger. "You know... men always know when woman are faking it." Checking his nails for a moment flicking free any remaining tidbits of snow lodged in his nails he sighed nonchalantly as he played off the situation as unimportant. "Got a problem there? I can help. You can trust me... I'm a Whiteviine."

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 31st, 2011, 1:43 am

Fela listened as the guard and his mount started to walk away. Fela closed her eyes and willed for the ground to open and swallow her whole. A thud followed by a few uneven footsteps in her direction alerted her that she was about the have company. Oh great. Fela flipped over on her back and waited, soon the face of the man she had threatened came into view with a pleasant smile painted across it.

He sunk to the ground with legs outstretched,
You know... men always know when woman are faking it. She smiled at his joke and looked up to meet his eyes willingly for the first time. His handsome face was a mask of good humor. Got a problem there? I can help. You can trust me... I'm a Whitevine. He gave her a dazzle worthy smile full of teeth then looked down and busied himself with cleaning his nails. He gave the impression of concern while also giving an air of apathy towards her and the entire situation. Fela listened to his words and tried to pinpoint the accent. It hit her, Vantha. Common was not his first language. She tried to stifle a giggle at his strange pronunciation of common words. Sadly she did not know any Vani so she would not be able to return the favor of butchering his native tongue.

She had heard of the Whitevine hold from some of Salida's relatives, masters of medicine and herbalism. She had wanted to visit with them at some point before their stay was over and trade herbal knowledge. She wasn't much of an herbalist but she craved any knowledge she could absorb and maybe they could teach her a thing or two. So maybe this chance meeting would prove useful after all.

She tried to speak slower than her normal briskly moving speech,
No thank you. I'm fine. She braced herself on her arms and attempted to lift herself up, her leg wasn't working right. The pain from her twisted ankle was minor but it combined with the cold and an old injury and left her nerves shot and her joints unmovable. Petch! Fela sank back into the snow and rolled over on her side to face the stranger. And who says I was faking it? You may not have many blonde hunks running around but it's not impossible. She rolled on her back and lounged in the snow. Her lower body had already gone numb from the cold and pain so it was almost like laying on a bed of clouds. Blonde giants with a nice tan have been known to strike on occasion. Just last season I had one run up to me and insult my mother, stomp on my sweet roll and lumber away laughing the whole time. She turned a mischievous smile towards the man. Or could it be you are jealous of his devilish good looks or impressive stature? Not that you're a shrimp, but still. Height can be a sensitive issue with men. She laughed and sat up leaning back on her arms. A seven foot man would truly be an impressive sight to behold.

Before she could give the man a chance to sputter out a response she thrust a hand at him, a greeting she learned from a friend in Riverfall. My name is Fela and what is yours stranger?

Shaking hands was a strange concept for her, she just preferred a good sniff test and a formal 'hello' and 'how do you do'.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Darren on August 4th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Darren flicked away another few drops of moisture from his fingertips before grimacing back at Fela. " What's wrong with you? You don't talk Vani?" An irritated expression protruding from his lips as the Whitevine sighed dismissively. Fela piqued his interest slightly as she curiously rolled around in the snow before addressing him once again, a myriad of excited words in common that were mostly lost on the brooding Vantha. Nodding when it seemed the time to do so Darren had himself subjected to the woman's inane speech before finally talking. Having only heard and understood what could be thought of as naughty bits the vantha shrugged slightly at the woman's preferences. "Nice to know. You like seven big man."

Whether or not Darren was joking or not his face remained impassive duringhis reply. Perhaps he wasn't too sure of what he actually said? However the handshake seemed to make enough sense, somewhat. Cocking his eyebrow questioningly, Darren took her hand firmly giving a strong handshake. "Darren Whitevine. Fela yoh stran'ger" Looking over the slight sprain she recently acquired Darren went ahead and made what looked to be understanding movements with her leg. "Your okay" Unless she was entirely feeble his diagnosis should be just about right. The muscles in her legs looked agitated sure but nothing that warranted too much attention.

"I can help" Staring staring into the Kelvics face for a moment Darren deemed that there wasn't going to be much cause for concern if he tried. Firm hands brushed the lower parts of her leg as he sat closer. "Be calm, I massage. Feel better later. Want a story or tell me about yourself?" The tone indicating that he practiced the previous statement many times as he rubbed heartily on the pulsing leg. If asked about his profession the Vantha would make it clear that he was being rough on purpose. 'Better results later. Toughen body. Lets me get more for little pain' However regardless of her answer the Vantha wanted to make another thing clear for the foreigner. "Before story you should know. Don't play with Icewatch. Bear can get mean. Partner has skill. Bad idea for foreigner."

oocI suppose italics will be Vani. React accordingly, hope you don't mind I did a quick diagnosis. Otherwise PM me and I will change the post.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on August 8th, 2011, 11:52 pm

The man said something to her in Vani, she had heard it a few times in passing but didn't know much more than a simple greeting. He then asked in common if she knew the language. To which Fela shook her head and continued her ramblings about tall men. Fela glanced over at Darren waiting for a response, the one she got proved to her that common was not his first language. Nice to know. You like seven big man.

Fela put her head in her hand and gave it a pitiful shake, she tried to keep herself from laughing but was finding it difficult. Seven large men in my life would be seven too many, friend. I have no time for something as silly as romance.

The man gripped her leg gently and examined it turning it slowly. His fingers felt hot against her chilled skin. He breath caught in her throat, the pain had mostly faded but her muscles still refused to work. She gasped in surprise as the Vantha started prodding the muscles firmly. Be calm, I massage. Feel better later. Want a story or tell me about yourself?

A few moments passed before she was able to swallow her heart beat again and answer his question. A s-story would be very nice. All butterflies vanished as one particularly rough prod brought tears to her eyes. The Whitevine were known for their knowledge of medicine and or the body, so she trusted he knew what he was doing. It did not feel that way, but maybe this was how it was done these days.

Fela bit her lip to keep from crying out as she heard Darren say,
Before story you should know. Don't play with Icewatch. Bear can get mean. Partner has skill. Bad idea for foreigner. She almost laughed at this.

She turned a not to pleasant smile at him and replied.
Thank you for your concern Vantha, but in the eyes of the world I am a slave. Doomed to live a short existence at the beck and call of someone else. She shook her head and paused, all other Kelvic seemed content with this kind of life. Why was she any different? Fela loved Salida very much and was happy to have her for a bondmate, but no matter how you dressed it up or topped it with honey the sour truth was she belong to the Kylin family. Salida may treat her with kindness, but what of Salida's father? To him she was just a slave...

If I should die the world will not mourn. Fela said with a stern face.She blinked away tears and smiled warmly once more. Enough about that...you said something about a story?
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Cheshire on October 14th, 2011, 1:18 am

Character: Fela Meason
Experience: Stealth +1, Brawling +1, Interrogation +2, Observation +1, Persuasion +1, Intimidation +1
Lore: Just a Slave

Character: Darren
Experience: Running +1, Bodybuilding +1, Interrogation +1
Lore: Fela Meason [Basic]

Additional Note: See, I could scrounge up some XP for you! PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)