[The Eastern Docks]Falyndar, a new start or the end?(Siiri)

Revy enters Falyndar, including all of it's dangers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 18th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Revy, completely surprised at the myrians actions, lost her blade in less then a second, only to see a knee flying towards her face. Instinctively she moved back, but it was already too late. The knee came crashing into her face, as if it were hit by a horse. With a cracking sound, her nose broke, bleeding strongly. The mercenary, unable to take the force properly, staggered back, but still stood upright. But her eyes had lost focus, she wasn't standing properly anymore with her knees shaking, but nonetheless she still stood with sheer willpower.

"What just.... happened?", she asked herself in her mind. Revy looked around with empty eyes as she searched for her blade and shield, but because of the force of the blow, she wasn't able to focus her eyes at all. This prevented her from seeing them.

It was then that the woman tasted something with a slight metal flavor in her mouth. Bringing her hand up, she wiped her upper lip a little before she brought it before her eyes. "Huh? I'm bleeding?", she asked out loud as she saw the blood. It was then that her legs gave out, causing the mercenary to ungracefully land on her butt on the ground.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Siiri on October 20th, 2011, 12:21 am

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for Siiri in that brief moment when she was aloft. She saw Revy looked up at her in surprise, then alarm. She saw the slight movements to the human as she tried to pull back, to evade the blow, but it was evident in her eyes that she knew it was too late.

And then her knee collided with the human's face, the impact punctuated by the crunching sound of crushed cartilage, and time resumed its normal pace. Siiri almost toppled over the mercenary as she landed and she had to scramble back to her feet quickly in case her opponent had a counterattack ready. Slayer shot back up into a ready position, back in that reversed,left-over-right grip that Siiri had been employing lately in favor of her injured arm. But the fight seemed to have ended, as Revy just stood there with a glazed expression on her face. The human did not appear to be aware of the last few seconds of their exchange, nor of the greatsword leveled before her.

Garou, still watching a short distance away, only reinforced what Siiri suspected when he said, "It's over, girlie." Naturally, his words ended with a hock and a spit. "Yer gonna kill 'er?"

Siiri paused at the question. She had considered it, of course, and no doubt the human deserved it for being so arrogant and, well, human, and she was a trespasser to boot. But Siiri did give her word to give the mercenary the fight she had asked for and, though Revy still crumpled in the end ("As it should be," Siiri thought, and rather smugly too), she had still put up a challenging fight, one that made her quite a worthy adversary. Killing her now would seem cheap a waste of potential. And truly, Siiri herself though it would be unfair. The Myrian looked at the palm of her left hand, the scar in the middle of it reminding her of another deyhan she had fought but eventually befriended. That person hadn't been human, but she wasn't Myrian either. And she did not kill her either.

"No," she said at last.

"Didn't think so," was all Garou said. There was no trace of doubt in his voice, no accusation, and Siiri glanced at him, wondering why that was so. The man was old enough and experienced enough not to obey her orders if he thought they did not make any sense. And yet he only had acceptance. Why?

"Ye can't question who an' what Myri calls to her," he said, as if he heard her thoughts.

Siiri shot him a dirty look. She never could understand why some of her people say such things, as if they knew Myri Herself sent out a calling to others. Weren't they, the Myrians, Her people, enough? But she never knew the workings of the mind of the Goddess-Queen, and so Siiri left it at that, not bothering to reply to Garou. She signaled to the trees, calling for Onna, who was a field medic in training, to check upon the human.

OOC Notes :
Onna will try to set Revy's nose straight using the the unfeathered shaft of one of her arrows as brace: she'll insert it in one of the nostrils to set the cartilage back in its place so it won't be crooked when it heals up. It will hurt and will likely cause Revy's eyes to water, and it won't stop the bleeding either. If Revy blows her nose to get the blood out, do take note that her eyes will swell in the span of a few minutes, like what happens to boxers and MMA fighters after getting their noses broken. You can incorporate this information on your next post if you like.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 22nd, 2011, 2:08 pm

As Onna came to check up on her, Revy looked up to her, not really noticing who it was. The myrian woman took out an arrow from her quiver, stripped it of it's feathers and stuck it up into Revy's nose, at which Revy winced a little but stayed in place still. It was only when her nose got set that she tried to back up. Onna had suspected this and thus she quickly grabbed Revy behind her head and gave a last twist to her nose to set it completely straight.

Revy now was back to her senses again from the pain of having her nose fixed. Onna just grabbed Revy's chin and rather hardhanded checked if she had any other serious injuries. And after making sure that the mercenary didn't have anything else, stood up and walked back. Revy on the other hand looked at the woman with anger flaring in her eyes. "What the hell did she do to me? And WHY!?".

It was only then that the large woman noticed that she was sitting on the ground, her sword laying next to the feet of the woman she fought. "What the hell happend?" She was puzzled, but still kept a cold face. "Well first things first. Got to get my shield and weapon back. Then I can ask what had happend..... and why my nose is hurting so much."

Standing up, Revy then walked over to Siiri. "Can I ask you what just happend? Can't seem to remember what happend after you started to attack so fiercely.", she asked with a cold voice as she picked up her sword slowly, making sure that how she grabbed it showed that she wasn't going to fight just yet.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Siiri on October 22nd, 2011, 10:19 pm

Onna was quick and to the point with her ministrations, immediately setting the human's nose straight using one of her arrows. A rough patting down soon followed after that, squeezing and bending the human's limbs to see if anything else had been broken. She completely ignored all the cuts and scraped Revy had suffered from the fight, since they were shallow and were starting to clot up. Nobody wasted any poultices on such wounds out in the field, not unless it turned septic. The woman knew that Siiri always kept Slayer clean, and thus the human need not fear for such an infection. Not unless she took a bath in a swamp or something.

Done with her inspection, the Myrian woman moved to return to her vantage point in the trees, only stopping by beside Siiri to give her assessment of the human's injuries: "She'll live." Onna seemed to want to say more, her jaw clenching and unclenching, but seemingly decided to keep quiet instead. She walked away without another word, while Siiri struggled to keep her face impassive for the benefit of everyone, even the human. She knew Onna wanted to say it was a pity they were keeping Revy alive.

The human was a sturdy sort, getting back to her feet even before Onna reached the treeline. Both Myrian women leveled their weapons at Revy, Onna nocking an arrow on her long bow in the blink of an eye while Siiri raised her greatsword back into the ready position as the human stooped to pick her sword and shield up. Only Garou seemed unconcerned among them, still idly picking his teeth with his dagger. The human did not seem to want to resume the fight though, and realizing this, Onna shouldered her bow and went on her way. Siiri herself lowered Slayer's sharp tip to the ground. She maintained her grip on it though, prepared to react if Revy decided to try anything funny.

"I hit you with a knee to the face,"
Siiri said, her answer succinct and to the point. "Give it a moment."

She knew that severe blows to the head often caused short term memory loss, as she herself had suffered such on several occasion when a training partner was not able to halt the momentum of their strikes. If Revy experienced headaches later, it was likely she was concussed as well. Siiri doubted it however. The woman could take a blow.

"I trust you are satisfied with the outcome of the fight. Had it been a real one, I would have slitted your throat and ripped out your heart as soon as you fell to the ground."

Siiri paused, considering if she should continue or just call her fang to her and leave Revy to the mercy of the jungle. Garou's earlier words surfaced to her mind and she grudgingly offered her arm, her injured arm, at the human for a wrist clasp - or for that ridiculous 'handshake' she was told humans did upon meeting each other.

"I am Siiri of the Snapping Jaws. You fight well for a human, Revy of Hiroe. Garou here-" Siiri gestured at the wild-looking man, who only stared impassively at Revy while spitting out his saliva through his teeth. "-he thinks the Goddess-Queen has called for you. I do not agree with him, but I will reserve judgment for later."

She did not add that that was the sole reason why Revy was still alive.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on October 25th, 2011, 10:47 am

The mercenary slid her sword back into it's scabbard. Though scabbard could be a big word for a simple ring of leather attacted to the belt. It only held the sword against the hip of the woman, nothing more. The blade laying bare, except for the part where the leather wrapped around the blade. She then walked over to her towershield and checked it for any damaged parts and as she saw it was fairly undamaged, only slight grazings on it, the mercenary let out a short sigh of relief.

"I'm not satisfied at all, but I'll never be satisfied with a fight. What I can say is that I did have fun, even though I lost. I know I would've bitten the dust if it were a real fight. At first you were just toying with me right?", she replied with a question to the myrian. As she stood back up, she glanced at her backpacks which still lay on the dock. "Great, gotta go up that rotten piece of junk again to get them.", she thought annoyed.

Revy looked back at Siiri as she introduced herself. She gave a grin to her as she saw the stuck out hand. She grabbed it with her right, laying her left the two joined hands. "Well, nice to meet you then. And thank you, I haven't been fighting for twelve years straight for nothing now."

She looked at Garou for a second only. He seemed to be a good fighter from what Revy could see, but a fight with him should have to wait. She had to increase her skill with her sword and shield before she could properly fight the myrians. But she being called to the goddess queen? That had to be Myri the goddess. The woman couldn't remember being called to anyone, but perhaps her interest could have been awoken by her. Anyway it wasn't something Revy was going to fret about.

"I'll just pick up my stuff on the dock, then we can start the travel. I'll do my best to keep up with you guys.", she then said. Revy was planning on trying to keep up, any way possible. But with her having absolutely no knowledge of the jungle, that could prove to be a lot more difficult that she'd imagine.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Growl on October 26th, 2011, 3:10 am

Appreciation Time!

Name: Revy

Experience: +1 Rowing, +2 Interrogation, +4 Rhetoric, +1 Shield, +2 Longsword, +1 Tactics, +1 Unarmed Combat
Lore: To Falyndar!, Challenging a Myrian, Oh... Look... More Blood, Losing a Fight
Ledger: +49 GM (Your horse is worth 100 GM, you sold it for half price, and then threw everything else in for free, the bag should be about 1 GM)
Also, please erase/make note that you got rid of/sold your saddle, the saddle bags, bit and bridle, and anything else I may have missed. Thank you.

Name: Siiri

Experience: +1 Leadership, +1 Stealth, +3 Unarmed Combat, +3 Greatsword, +1 Tactics, +3 Rhetoric, +1 Carving
Lore: Guard Duty, Accepting a Challenge, We Don't Fight Fair, Drawing Blood, Showing Mercy

Additional Notes: Welcome to the jungle Revy, and welcome back Siiri! PM with questions or concerns.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous