Location [Wind Reach] The Valintar

Housing, Employment, Law Enforcement. The Ultimate Authority.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Wind Reach] The Valintar

Postby Kikue on November 11th, 2011, 6:28 pm

The Avora nodded at the remark of her needing to convince this Shubre. Of course she didn't know her, or even knew how she looked, but that wouldn't stop her. "Where can I find her then? I'm not really known with the people here, as I've been gone most of the time.", she asked cautiously.

Waving her hands in front of her and shaking her head, Kikue replied: "Oh no no, nothing like that. But I stayed with my master during winter. And as he took on a new apprentice, there isn't room for me there anymore. That's all." She took a little step back, but made the mistake of leaning on her injured ankle then, causing her to grimace a little. "But anyway, is it possible for me to get my own room then? It doesn't have to be big or anything. Won't be using it much anyway.", she then repeated her question.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Kikue
Avora Huntress

Words: 42025
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ed Stine on December 2nd, 2011, 8:28 am

40th Day of Fall 511 AV

Edward had already claimed a vacant seat in the reception office of the Valintar, sinking down lowly into its plush seats. Despite the imppressive craftsmanship and elegance of the glass worked room he had just came from, his nerves caught the better of him and lead to not much more than a glance at the masterpeice. Slowly leaning forward he placed his head in his hands and rested them on his knees, his nerves stirring he began tapping his foot. He was no longer intimidated by the new surroundings he had so willingy trotted into, it was the uncertainty of what coming here meant and if he was to be granted a chance to work as he wanted, would he excel or become model of failure.

What is my problem, I look as if im about to wet myself.. Edward quickly glanced around the room to determine if anyone had been watching him in such a poor state, none as far as he knew, with this moment he quickly ceased all thoughts and sat straight in the seat. If he were to get what he wanted he needed to give off the impression he would be usefull in anything understanding work meant living quarters and a meal, he flexed his chest and exaggerated his posture, as far as it went this was the only way he knew to make him self look confident.
"Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't!"
Ed Stine
Player

Words: 3293
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2011, 6:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2011, 6:50 pm

Kikue

The Valintar nodded. "She's usually in the Warrens working. I know she's got a home therein. I'll have one of the yasi show you." He turned and wrote down two locations, one an address for Shubre and the other for an empty room. "I'll assign you housing. That's not an issue. I'm just surprised you havne't simply moved into a chamber that's empty on your own. We always have more than we have housing for and the chambers are marked with rank occupying them on the entrances." The Valintar said. "Shubre is often out in the Courtyard of the Sky as well if you can't find her in her chambers. That's where she does her training when the weather is well enough." He added, then walked to the door, whispered something out of it, and a yasi presented themselves. He handed the slip of paper to the child, a little tow-headed boy. "Take Kikue to this chamber. It's going to be her new quarters. Then help her find Shubre Dyson. She wants to arrange to train." Kaden said. He gave the child a piece of candy for his trouble then looked at Kikue. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" He added?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2011, 6:58 pm

Ed Stine

ooc: Ed, the season change started at the first of December so you can't actually post threads in Fall anymore because its Winter now. But if you'll please change your timestamp to Winter, we'll get underway unless Phoenix gave you permission to post retroactively because of the delay in getting your stuff fixed up.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ed didn't have long to wait. After a few moments the door opened and a rather tall red-headed man invited him into his office. The doors leading out to the lake and the dock beyond were closed tightly and because of winter setting in, braziers were lit all throughout the room warming it up. Kaden loved his stained glass walled office, but the comfort and light it allotted him in the Summer made for an incredibly cold environment in the winter. It was decidedly the price of beauty and one in which he willingly paid - or the Yasi did running coal and wood to the braziers day ain and day out to keep it warm - in order for the play of lights.

His thoughts, however, weren't on the beauty of the room. They were on the stranger sitting in his office's reception area. "Greetings. I'm Valintar Kaden. What can I help you with today? You look... well, are you alright? Won't you come in? We can talk in the warmth inside." He asked, concerned. Indeed the reception was chilly as well. The rest of Wind Reach was warm, kept so by the volcano beneath them, but the outside walled offices struggled regardless when glassed in.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ed Stine on December 4th, 2011, 9:11 am

Edward offered an appreciative smile and entered where Kaden suggested. His nerves were calming because he found Kaden's personality to be so, up till now only a few words had been given but it was enough for Edward to let himself relax. He was no longer worried about saying or doing something wrong.
"Edward Lee Stine's the name, I jus' mainly go by Ed though. As far as me being ok, health wise I'm built like a horse of the Drykas, well only if they's were a small horse." Ed jokingly referring to his own small build, he chuckled for a brief moment and then regained his composure."For how I may appear, it's nothing for anybody to be concerned with, I's jus a bit nervous with this being unfamiliar and no way for me to knowing what would happen. I actually came on search of knowledge, 'bout birds mainly falconry and birdkeeping along with anything that peaks my interests." Edward ended with a humble smile and glanced around the room it carried a slight fragrance of burning wood. As the fire whipped, and lashed from the hot coal catching flame to the wood it gave an elegent lighting that seemed to dance around the office,as well as catching reflections from the colored glass it all came togeher to creat a miraculous scene. It warmed Edward to be allowed to see such a thing.
Ed Stine
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 6th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Kaden raised his eyebrows, having no idea what a horse of the Drykas, let alone what a Drykas, even was. He studied the man who looked more nervous than the should have been and calmly nodded where appropriate.

"Ah. Where exactly do you come from?" He asked, curiously. "Here in Wind Reach everyone works for their supper. Food is not exactly plentiful as you can imagine, especially with winter coming on. If you want to stay you'll have to get a caste assignment which will determine your meals and where you will be working for those meals. Well, let me see. Do you have any piratical experience with birds or with anything for that matter? Are you skilled? We don't have a mews per say here. Everyone keeps their own birds with them. But often there's people that need help. And if you are a skilled hunter odds are you can ride second seat on a wind eagle and do some hunting for the peoples. So, tell me your skill set." He said.

If Ed had no skills, he'd still get to work with the birds, but he'd find himself cleaning Endal's quarters and aeries. The life of a dek wasn't easy.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ed Stine on December 7th, 2011, 7:32 am

Edward's gaze fell to the floor as he reflected on his past and present in an attempt to summon some sort of skill he may have. There wasn't any. The idea of it baffled him, how had he came to a point where no part of him would be useable in order to recieve simple meals and housing. Ed continued to ponder the current situation, and without being able to come up with anything he thought it better to quickly answer instead of wasting the time of the valintar.
"Yes, well I'm from Denval. I have no experience with any types of bird, jus' fancy 'em is all." Ed sighed as if the words he was formulating in his mind were painful. He was determined, but doubt currently flooded over him. He decided it best to grin as if he were about to reveal the punch line of a cleverly thought out joke. "Truth is none of the skills I currently have would be of any use practically to anyone else but me. It's rather embarrassing to say so, but I only have the abilities to merely survive! Nothing really beneficial for others. Is there still anything you can do for me?" He forced a small chuckle as if it were going to ease the thought of him being useless.
Ed Stine
Player

Character sheet

Postby Avon Lomondir on May 28th, 2012, 3:00 am

Timestamp: Day 86, Spring 512 A.V.

A short walk later from the Sanikas gate, Avon found himself in what he assumed to be the Valintar's office, his golden-green eyes widening in disbelief and wonder. It was a beautiful atrium composed of elegant, stained-glass that seemed to stretch everywhere, a rainbow of color spraying everything with light that made him gaze around in awe. It wasn't as if he hadn't come across such beautiful sights before in his life-living in the crystalline marvel that was Lhavit for a large portion of his existence left a lasting impression. But still...the craftsmanship worked into the glass was still an impressive sight, the Inarta's natural ability to handle and expertly shape glass being much apparent.

Shaking himself out of his awe-induced daze, Avon walked a bit more into the office and entered through a standard door, leading him to another glass-ridden room, the lingering scent of another animal filling his nose. He couldn't help but tense ever so slightly as the smell stirred his animalistic instincts, curious and both stiff at the prospect of encountering another predator. But the room was empty save for a nice sitting area that looked as appealing as it was comfortable. It wouldn't hurt, the Kelvic thought lightly to himself, sighing as his exhaustion from his journey dispersed when met with the velvet of the couch. If it weren't for the fact that he needed to make a good impression with this Valintar, than he would've shamelessly stripped and changed to his wolf form, imagining the softness pressed against his fur.

Sides...I don't think the Valintar would appreciate fur on his nice furniture, Avon leisurely thought with enthused cheerfulness, waiting patiently for this mysterious person as he hummed a musical tone.
Avon Lomondir
He who heeds the call of the wild...

Words: 20739
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2012, 5:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Phoenix on May 28th, 2012, 3:27 am

Kaden was, as usual, practically chained to his desk with work. A normal day would find him bent over some piece of parchment, reviewing this or that, accepting or declining various requests.

When there was a soft knock on his door, however, the Valintar was having a stretch, hands clasped behind his back as he paced in front of the beautiful stained glass in his office. The tap for attention drew his gaze as intended, where he was informed that there was a newcomer looking to see him.

"Very well, send him in."
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Avon Lomondir on May 28th, 2012, 7:41 am

Avon was pleasantly distracted from his good-natured humming when a man beckoned for him to follow with silent politeness into what he believed to be the Valintar's office, an enthused grin spreading across his face as he leaped onto his feet. The wait wasn't as long as he expected but that didn't quell a sudden nervousness within him. Was the Valintar a terribly cruel person? Did he have a scarred face that wouldn't tolerate any type of humor on his part? At the thought of this, Avon felt himself quiver a bit, biting his lip in order to retain the treacherous whimper that dared to tell how anxious he was. Shaking his head to rid himself of any weighted fear, holding his head up in mock bravery, Avon stepped through the door and found himself unsurprised by the glass that decorated the interior office.

Yet...his golden-green eyes were drawn to the man pacing thoughtfully in front of the stained glass.

The man was indeed imposing but he possessed an understanding aura that put the Kelvic at ease, the rapid beats of his heart calming into a softer, less excited tempo. Obviously, from the very way he carried himself, the Valintar was a man to be respected and obeyed without question. Although, much to Avon's slight relief, there wasn't anything unkind about him. Letting out a visible sigh of relief, the young man bowed deeply, showing his respect as he spoke softly.

"I am Avon Lomondir from Lhavit sir. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Avon Lomondir
He who heeds the call of the wild...

Words: 20739
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2012, 5:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext