[The Northern Pass] Entering Falyndar (Siiri, Revy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 9th, 2011, 7:46 pm

The mercenary didn't have to be told that. Her arm was hurting as if it had been crushed by a boulder. Staying conscious was already a feat for her. But even if she had wanted to move, her legs refused to function anyway. Every ounce of energy she had, was completely drained during the fight. It had all been used to suppress the pain.

As Revy saw Siiri walking over, she could not help but look at her with a little respect. Why she got that, she didn't really know, but the fact remained that Siiri had impressed the human woman enough for that. "Thanks.", she just simply said as the heart got handed over.

Taking it with her left hand, the woman then took a bite from it. It was juicy, had a metal flavor, but all in all not something to puke over. To others it could seem as if Revy wasn't completely sane, eating something like that raw or even be unfazed by a gory display like the one in front of her. But she was just used to something like that and eating raw meat wasn't particularly out of her experience as well. Food was food and hunger made everything good.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Carsten on November 12th, 2011, 5:23 pm

”No. Well, not exactly this,” Carsten replied to Garou while he still watched Siiri, ”But I am rarely shocked.” he added. It was true; Carsten had seen horrible things too often to be shocked by them anymore.
As Siiri gave her order to make camp, Carsten walked over to Diego and helped Garou untie the piglet. ”Where shall we store the larger pig? There is no reason for Diego to carry its weight throughout the night.” he said, and started untying the pig as well, while his horse happily chewed on the strange but delicious fruits of the Jungle.

When he finished, he moved towards Siiri and Revy. Siiri looked fearsome indeed, but something about her seemed to have calmed down. He was still not certain if it was the truth or not, but when she sliced the heart in two, he looked at her with curiosity. While it was true that he was rarely shocked, he had clearly not expected this gesture. She shared her prey, a gesture of respect, he assumed. It reminded him of animals, the largest male would usually eat first, but then the hunters would be allowed to join in on the feast.

”I thank you for this gift, but I am not worthy. Though you may not have defeated the Dhani on your own, I would be long dead without your hospitality and aid.” he said slowly, carefully picking his words. He looked down on the heart in his hands, the blood started running through his fingers. He would have no problem with eating the raw heart, but he did not want Siiri to believe that he thought himself an equal to her. In his mind, this was the signal he would give if he ate. He hoped the Myrian warrior would understand his motivations, and not take insult.
Carsten
The duelist

Words: 61370
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Siiri on November 13th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Despite the lingering effects of her rage at the Dhani's presence Siiri was still surprised at Revy's lack of hesitation, or even revulsion, at eating the freshly cut heart, although she hid her reaction well. Outsiders usually found the Myrians' ritualized cannibalism to be a horrific practice, lending to their savage reputation. The human mercenary readily tore out a chunk of the tough organ with her teeth, swallowing it with hardly a grimace as if she was used to taking in such exotic meat as a meal. The act only made her raise her opinion of the woman.

She would fit in well among us, she thought pensively. Her currently level of proficiency in fighting leaves much room for improvement, but that could easily be remedied by those Myrians who would be eager to test her skills. Which is everyone back home.

Carsten's refusal was far more the norm, though Siiri did not know how to respond to his words. She did not know whether to be insulted or not, but she decided to take it as the man not knowing the ways of her people. In truth, she truly did not expect the both of them to accept the bloody heart, assuming they would find eating such a thing disgusting. Perhaps Revy's eagerness to eat her piece was some form of adaptation to her environment, by doing the things her Myrian hosts would do themselves, but Carsten unwillingness to accept the grisly prize was more of what Siiri expected from a human's reaction, even if his reasons confused her. To her, the Dhani being dead was all that mattered.

"Our people believe that consuming the enemy's heart and brain allows one to gain its strength," Siiri said to the man instead, taking back his share. "It is a practice that dates back to when the Goddess-Queen ascended to take the place of Her weak and foolish predecessor."

She took the piece of heart to where Garou was busily skinning the feral piglet, impaling it on one of the many sticks the Myrian scout had jabbed into the ground.

"Perhaps roasted pig would suit your tongue better. But if you change your mind, the offer still stands. To the victors go the spoils, after all. My companions no doubt feel envy that the two of you get to feed on the snake's source of power while they have to content themselves to tasting its flesh. Not everyone get to eat Dhani around here."

Siiri wiped her bloodstained hands on the seat of her short trousers, pulling out one of her serrated knives once she was done.

"Be at ease; there should be no more danger from the jungle. For now, I must confer with Onna."

And with that, the leader of the Myrians turned from the two humans and headed towards her two archers, though she did make a detour back to the Dhani's corpse to collect its fangs - those that were still whole and undamaged from the beating she had given it, at least. Kai seemed to be back on her feet now, if a little wobbly. Onna was wrapping a makeshift bandage around the girl's head.

OOCYou two can RP between yourselves for now, or we can end this thread if you like. There's a bit of XP to gain still if you want to assist Garou in Skinning and Cooking the piglet, but I'm okay with ending it here.
Last edited by Siiri on November 13th, 2011, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Carsten on November 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Carsten watched Revy silently as she ate the heart, wondering how long she had been in Falyndar. Something made him think that it was not long, which made him wonder if her actions were common for her. He knew some people were so barbarious they could not live in civilized cities, why would she not visit the Myrians? Better than to die alone in the wilderness, no doubt.

His eyes turned back to Siiri. ”If I have offended your ways, I humbly apologize. I sincerely hope I will learn of your cultures and norms better as I spend more time” he said, and bowed. The bow did not fit him and his static composure, and though he executed it perfectly, something was merely off.

As he turned around, he shot Revy one more look, looking deeply into her eyes. They were cold, but not in the same way as his, he felt. Perhaps he was wrong, the only way to find out would be to get to know her, and he had plenty of time to do that on their way to Taloba. Carsten slowly turned his head around after merely a second, and walked over to his horse and unsaddled it.

OOCI am fine with finishing now. I’ll wait for Revy and hear what she says, and then I’ll post it for grading. Just PM me if you two have any special wishes that I should add in the grading request.
Carsten
The duelist

Words: 61370
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 13th, 2011, 5:15 pm

The mercenary only glanced at the man when he refused the heart. How could someone refuse food? It was better to eat what you got presented in her opinion. It was rude and not to mention horrid to refuse food. She knew hunger and that was something she didn't want to experience again. And hearing the reasons for eating it actually made her feel more at home.

"That's at least one use of those petching creatures. They're worth not much more then food, if you ask me.", she said spiteful. "A good Dhani is a dead Dhani. And there are no exceptions to that rule." Revy wanted to stand up, but for some reason, her legs still disobeyed her orders. The fight had taken more of a toll on her then she expected.

OOCI've got no problem with turning it in. Think we have had a bit of enough action for this day of them ;)
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Growl on November 15th, 2011, 3:16 am

Appreciation Time!

Name: Carsten

Experience: +2 Riding, +5 Rhetoric, +4 Interrogation, +2 Teaching, +1 Rapier
Lore: Entering the Jungle, Myrians (Basic), Talking of the Gods, Dhani (Basic), Not Feeling Worthy, Hoping not to Offend
Ledger: No Changes

Name: Revy

Experience: +2 Stealth, +5 Rhetoric, +1 Running, +3 Sword
Lore: Myrians (Basic), Armor=Inability to be Stealthy, Ano Cult (Basic), Getting Attacked by a Snake, Dhani (Basic), A New Mark
Ledger: +1 Day's Worth of Dhani Meat

Name: Siiri

Experience: +4 Leadership, +1 Camouflage, +2 Interrogation, +5 Rhetoric, +1 Running, +1 Greatsword, +1 Unarmed Combat, +1 Mace, +1 Hospitality
Lore: Tresspassers, Ano Cult (Basic), Talking of the Gods, Dhani Meat
Ledger: +2 Day's Worth Dhani Meat, +2 Dhani Fangs

Additional Notes: PM with questions or concerns.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous