A Future Vision (Canali)

Zandelia learns of the possibilities of Mura

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Future Vision (Canali)

Postby Zandelia on November 19th, 2011, 8:17 pm

72nd Fall, AV 511

Zandelia had been filled with disconcerting thoughts of late, propagated by various events that had seemed singular at first, but rapidly coalesced into a patchwork of inter-connected weaves of fate all too quickly. It had been enough of an experience for one season to have been stranded and fighting in the mists, the events of which now were chronicled in infinite detail within her memory, to her lasting regret she knew. She had met new friends, or associates at the very least, and had discovered shadowy secrets to her past that, in hindsight, seemed better left unknown. Her father, presumed dead, wrote to her from after the date he had died – though how she was no closer to knowing. Grubber, the little wretch, had sought her out through a proxy thief and had vanished back into the dankness of the darker parts of Sunberth when she had been made aware of the fact.

The walls close in around me, with no sign of an escape, and it would seem a good time to vacate this bloody town. Before my life becomes much shorter than expected she thought to herself, sipping upon her clay cup and the tepid ale sloshing within.

She was sat within the Pig’s Foot tavern, early evening rapidly approaching she presumed by the dimming light shining through the windows. She had managed to get through a couple of pitchers of the disgusting brew, watching and listening as the patrons came and went – mostly going more than arriving. Recent events had led to the safety of the denizens of Sunberth being called very much into question. War had broken out between the gangs, each engaged in random pitched battles for control of long contested locations. As such there were precious few people within the main room to distract herself with, and as she came back from her thinking she noted there were precisely four others to talk to, not including the staff – who she was beginning to suspect never left.

“And what do you say young lady? Eh?” came the cracking words of an old timer, at least sixty years of age she guessed, his gap-toothed grin shrouded in mystery by the matted beard upon the lower half of his face, a hedge more than anything.

“What would I say to what old man? I wasn’t listening” she returned, focusing her ears upon his voice once more to try and keep the conversation going in a friendly manner.

“You youngsters, never listening to your elders!” he shouted, harrumphing into his own beverage and waving her away in frustration as Zandelia merely blinked at him, trying to recall what had been said in the last few minutes.

She looked around at the others, seeing if they had become involved whilst she had been away with her own troubles, searching their faces for any vain hope of aid in the current scenario she had found herself within. They were slow to respond, smiles upon their face as they awaited perhaps another scolding by the wizened one, having taken a few licks of his tongue already that day. Still, eventually one of them piped up to give her an idea of what to say in response.

“The old one was talking about healing lass, healing so powerful it is said that it can heal old scars, deepest wounds and more. He wants to know if you would take that if it was offered you, considering your…” the man trailed off, Zandelia’s single eyed gaze growing harder and flintier, and in its onslaught he was reduced to a sheepish gesture towards her face.

“I see, let’s all ask the blind woman for healing advice” she responded in a stony tone, sweeping her gaze across them all now, “very astute of you all. In answer to your question wrinkled one, I would bloody love to get my petching eye fixed if I could. But healing such as you describe I’m not sure even exists outside of the old tales, and believing them is as foolhardy as thinking any of you are pretty” she finished, slamming her cup down upon the table with enough force to cause it to crack slightly.

As the other set about waving their hands at her in a peace inducing gesture or two, assuring her there had been no offence intended, she poured another mug of ale for herself from the emptying pitcher, unaware of another arrival into the tavern.

Bloody cheek! Do I want my eye healed? No! I really like it like this! I love not being able to gauge distance very well. Bastards! she raged at herself as she wondered how she could exact vengeance without killing them.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Future Vision (Canali)

Postby Canali on November 19th, 2011, 11:11 pm

"No, I don't have your supply, Frederick," Canali hissed to the person in the shadows. Her face was pale, accented by the setting sun. Large, grey eyes hardened into flint. This man, she knew, believed her to have followed in her father's footsteps. This scum was too high off of addictive drugs to believe anything else. Had ruined his mind tasting substances meant to harm and poison. He had wild, wispy hair and lips split like carrots from their skins after being peeled. Chapped and ruined, his lips told a sad story of being addicted to drugs and using them far too often. Alcohol seeped from him; burned Canali's nostrils. Wild, crazy eyes were zoned in on her while still maintaining an air of hallucination. The frame of the man was fragile, little less than skin and bones. Two yellow teeth were missing from his mouth as his lips twisted in a feral smile.

"Sure ye do, girlie. I seen you. You be with tha' man. The one who sold it to me before. Now don't lie to me, girlie. I know ye have it." Pausing, the man looked around as if forgetting where he actually was. It didn't last long before he saw her again and recognition lit up the lost face. "Are ye tha' girl? Don't ya remember me, gal? I was friends with your pop. Name's Frederick. Boy, he sure had the right stuff. I know he passed it onto you. Now give me my supply, girl," the old voice had turned deadly; menacing. Canali was stuck in a situation she had no idea how to get out of. The man was clearly insane and had a very short memory, most likely ruined by the drugs he abused. Taking a blind chance, Canali shook her head.

"I'm not that girl, Frederick. I don't have your supply. I saw a woman down there on the corner. Said her father passed down a job to her of selling drugs. Questioned me if I knew a "Frederick" because she had his supply." Lying through her teeth had become easy for Canali. She wasn't quite sure if this was something to be proud of or not. A sliver of guilt ran through her. Nasib wouldn't have been proud of her. He would have known she wasn't telling the truth, would have demanded it in his young voice. Would Nasib have realized this was to save her life? She had spotted the knife hanging on his belt, barely out of sight. Put there by a drunken hand.

The man narrowed his eyes for a moment, swiped at a bead of sweat on his brow, and nodded jerkily. There were no words spoken as he turned and wobbled away, with a jolt to his steps. As Canali turned to go into the bar, she saw the man double over with a coughing fit. She was sure blood flew from his mouth. Shaking her head, she brushed back the long strand of hair over her shoulder with a shaking hand.

Nathan, her father, had sold drugs. Canali had been certain any men who bought them would not have recognized her. Nathan had always been careful about keeping her out of sight during the dealings. Keeping her hidden didn't keep a mistaken man from sliding into her room one night, though…

Jerking herself out of the horrible memories, Canali entered the bar with Nasib on her mind. Would his foster mother ever let him experiment with drugs? An ache in her heart told her she wished, dreamed, of him being totally oblivious to the dangerous substances. Words bombarded her ears, full of healing and curses. Knowing she had an option here to take back the lie from earlier, Canali looked for the voice.

She had yet to actually be seen, but her grey eyes landed on the speaker who had a horrible scar racing across the left side of her face. No pity flooded her eyes. Without hesitation in her step, she smoothly and gracefully crossed the wooden floorings to the table side. "Is this seat free?" Without waiting, Canali pulled an empty one out and sat cautiously in it. "What if I could tell you I know of a wonderful place that might be able to heal your eye?"
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Future Vision (Canali)

Postby Zandelia on November 19th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Zandelia merely grunted as the woman asked if the chair at her table was free, merely glad for the distraction from the growing anger within her chest, her heart beginning to beat faster as adrenaline all but pleaded to flood her system so she could set about proving her abilities to the men around her, their insults all but tantamount to stating she was useless due to her disability. She wagered she was far more useful than all of them put together, knowing more and possessing greater abilities than they could ever dream of. The season had proven that to her, if nothing else at all. She was a survivor and the city of Sunberth owed her its aleigance for the part she had played in keeping it in existence for a little while longer. Still, she knew it was mostly the ale talking than herself and merely sighed as the woman sat next to her and seemed to continue the conversation, albeit in a more mysterious manner.

Is she petching joking or just wanting a laugh at my expense like the rest? A place of miracles indeed she thought to herself as the amusing nature of the situation became apparent to her very quickly indeed. Here she was, drinking to forget as well as to remember, and all that was occurring was talk about something she had thought settled almost a decade ago now.

“Wonderful place you say?” Zandelia responded as the chuckles came tumbling from her throat, rich in their honesty, “What would I say? I’d say it’d have to be a bloody god’s home!” she continued as tears began to fill the only eye that was now capable of producing them.

“And if it were I don’t think they’d have a care for little old me lass, getting on for middle aged and grizzled as I am. No, there is no way to heal what has been done to me. If there was then I would’ve had it done years ago, at least the healing of the eye,” she mused, her voice rich with mirth as she took a sip of her beverage from her clay mug once again, “the scar I might keep. It helps me remember the truth’s of this world we live in” she finished as she called for more ale and drained her mug still chuckling every so often.

She took the opportunity to study the woman whom had taken her seat and offered no introduction but a hint of the impossible. Under usual circumstances Zandelia would probably had slapped her aside, but now she was proving good for a jest, and that Zandelia sorely required at the moment. Still, she was quite pretty after a fashion and she would not have said no to sharing a bed with her. Her hair held a look of particular beauty, though her eyes seemed cold and distant – their grey depths hidden by a door Zandelia recognized well, a defence mechanism that was used by all women in Sunberth after a while. She was younger that Zandelia, by many years, though the youthful vitality of those that were inexperienced did not seem to stain her, meaning she had seen enough, at least, to lose naivety. All in all she was surprised the woman was actually talking to her, with so many others to see in the city of her choosing.

“Still, I’ll listen if you’ve a mind for telling. Where is it? At the bottom of the sea perhaps? Or should I be travelling through the sky to reach such a place as might be able to heal me and give back half my sight? I know it’s not under the city of Sunberth or it’d have been used and abused centuries ago now. Come, tell me of your city and we’ll see if I’m merely another person’s punch line” she finished, her ale now arriving and being poured into her clay mug for consumption.

Still, it is curious she chose me to come to and she seems earnest. Perhaps she merely knows of a legend, or a rumour perhaps. But I deal in rumours so at least it will be useful, after a fashion. she thought to herself as shrewdly as she could between approaching inebriation and hysterics.

Zandelia had little idea that what the woman had to tell her may change her life in un-definable ways, setting her upon a path that would have its ending shrouded in mystery.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Future Vision (Canali)

Postby Canali on November 20th, 2011, 3:32 am

Canali almost felt bad. Almost. But the woman was a bitter person and Canali sought a way to repent her lie from earlier. Even if she had no ulterior motives, Canali wouldn't have felt pity for the scarred woman in front of her. The woman, Zande, had chosen her own way of coping for things there was no control over. Thinking back to the night she was raped, Canali had coped afterwards by staying within her mind's walls. She had refused to talk to anyone, especially her father who could not, for the life of him, figure out what was wrong. Aware of the woman studying her, Canali took the chance study the surroundings. Let the woman decide if she was worth listening to. Canali would tell her anyways. There was no other option to complete.

There were three other main people in the tavern. They were pretending not to eavesdrop, but their eyes met Canali's, which became bitten with frost. Jolting straight up in their seats, they turned to create a meaningless drunk conversation amongst themselves. Good. Canali didn't want to share the secret of Mura with those who might abuse the information. She had a feeling the woman before her with the scar would not use and abuse the knowledge. Once the woman stopped prattling on about nonsense and mocking the place Canali knew, along with herself, Canali reached out to tale Zande's new mug of ale. Carefully, she set it aside before leveling her gaze on her. "I don't want you to disgrace this place with your inebriation." Taking it, she held it between her own hands, but didn't sip. The action was simply to keep Zande from trying to take it back.

"Imagine this. A place so beautiful nothing can compare. A race of people so nice you wonder if they're angels. Water surrounds everything. Nature thrives and the people don't ruin it. There is no violence. Healing is its main purpose." A pause as Canali checked to make sure she had Zande's attention. She did. "I visited this place for personal reasons." Let the woman wonder if Canali had had a horrible scar and was healed. It would give her more hope. "They accepted me without question, seemed to know exactly what I was there for. Weapons weren't carried around and people didn't sabotage like here in Sunberth. The people who live on this beautiful island are wonderful. They're pacifistic and healers. They are all women. I met two men while I was there, but it seemed to be mostly women."

Canali's eyes took on a faraway look. "Listen to me carefully. You may think nothing of yourself, but they'll think everything. Strangers are welcome as long as they don't bring trouble. Go to the docks, ask for Captain Roderick. Tell him a black haired woman who was a cook sent you. He'll know what you want." A pause. "Don't waste this opportunity. They might not accept you if you don't accept yourself, but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain." 'Frederick' had wandered into the bar now, face livid and eyes zoned out. Moving to her feet, Canali set her hand on Zande's shoulder while moving past and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "It's called Mura." Then she walked away, slid past Frederick without him noticing, and left the bar.

There was no sign she had even been there besides Zande's ale mug on the opposite side of the table.

The End
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Future Vision (Canali)

Postby Archelon on December 21st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Zandelia :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Socialization1
Rhetoric2
Observation3

Lores:
Mura... A place of healing.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
interesting thread.(
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)