[Stumble Alley] Choices [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on October 24th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Antar growled in frustration as he sheathed his sword. He had been so close but then close only merited so far. Cursing his luck he looked down the alleyway for his gladius. It took him a few seconds to find it amidst the heaped trash and the blood coating its blade made him smile a little as he cleaned it. At least he had hit the target, and that meant thirty three percent of his attacks had worked. That wasn't the best, and a sign he'd have to train harder to improve. Otherwise he might end up dead. With that thought, the rogue turned towards the corpse of Dourne.

Walking over to the man, he knelt down and began sifting through his pockets and took whatever he found there, as well as his axe and battered armor. The experience lent him a certain amount of mixed feelings about the event, and he left the man's blood spattered clothing he wore underneath his armor alone and made a small sign in the air as he closed the man's eyes. He'd pick up the body and take it out to be buried later... it was the least bit of respect he could give for someone who gave their life for those in the alley, even if he was expending it on his own terms.

Then there was the matter of the unconscious daggerhand. The one's which ran off might tell their tale, a mix of conflicted images of the chaos of conflict. If he could he'd raise his kukri once and strike down with a terrible chop, beheading the man before looking at Bob, and nodded once as he saw the man stumble towards the forgotten clothes and armor left by the naked one before turning back to the man. Shrugging, he’d field strip the man down to his underwear, and take any valuables, weapons or armor as well. Forgoing the idea of killing him, even if it was what his thoughts wanted him to do, but he figured the others might wish to do something with this one, maybe press him for information. However, as soon as he stepped away, Cade’s sword made the final decision. Ending the daggerhands life by piercing him through the throat before the myrian went to drag the injured woman over to the corpse of the daggerhand leader.

Antar sighed and made his way towards her. Cade had earlier bellowed that he wished her for himself, and it seemed he had made good on the matter. The rogue would not gainsay that. But that arrow wound seemed fierce. He felt a small sense of responsibility for it for the injury was caused by his bow, no matter what the circumstances. If he could approach her without her being terrified he would assess the injury and see if it could be removed safely before cauterization. If not, he would take a strip from his own shirt he would bind the wound and secure the arrow as best he could for the woman's transport to the doctor. From there, Cade could have her as spoils of war if he wished to. He'd leave that decision up to him... and the woman herself. Cade would have to carry her out for whatever things he wished to do. Taking up whatever he had gained from Dournes corpse, weapon, and damaged armor, he returned to the old man's side to lever him up over his shoulders to begin the tedious process of carrying the fallen man’s body away.

It would be hours later into the night before he could sleep, after he had traveled out to the south woods to dig the grave. It was a hard thing to do with an injured arm and shovel, but he tried his best, making sure it was deep enough so predators wouldn't dig the man up to gnaw on him. He'd mutter another word to akajia, blessing her for the chance to shroud the man's body and place the last handful of soil over the man's resting place.

The old timer would be one he'd remember, even if he did not know his name, he would remember the man at least for his tenacity in the streets of Sunberth...

oocwell, I searched and field stripped dourne, and the unconscious one *_*… I just feel like Antar burying Dourne would be the thing the character would do after tending to the woman. (if that’s acceptable to levi.) Looks like only bob's left :).
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on October 25th, 2011, 7:12 pm

If you were going to be a coward, its better to become a smart coward. Don't get involved unless you absolutely have to and keep yourself hidden at all times. This was what Bob has been doing inside that crate and it was truly effective. Not like the other fools who decided to get involved and then ran away right when things were going bad bringing nothing different to the result. One even died! There was no mistaking it after watching how the axe went into his stomach and blood splattering out all over the place. Bob knew a lost cause when he saw one, plenty like that man had come to Uncle Marny only to receive a dismissive shake of the head in disappointment. Blood all over the room like in the alley now which Bob had to help clean up after.

But not today. The only mess to clear up in the alley tonight was this mess with the Daggerhands and Bob's tool was not the mop. It was his flask of stinging smoke he always brought with him just for the situation. A tool which did its job too well because for a few moments, everything in its area was obscured and not even Bob could tell what was going on but he hoped that the cry of pain would mean that at least one of them was dead. "Wh-!" he cried out from the suspense only remembering that he was still hiding and was still unsure whether his so called allies would turn on him after the battle so he quickly covered his mouth to muffle the rest of the words.

The expectation was eating away at him and he kept asking himself when was it safe for him to get out. Another few moments, Bob could not wait any longer and concentrated on the res which was attracting the air together causing it burst apart and push out to dissipate the stinging smoke so that it would not be effective any longer. The smoke did its job well, Bob soon saw the scene with no more Daggerhands unless you counted the dead ones, another dead foolhardy hero and the woman who caused all this. There was the savage fighter too. Bob would have preferred that he died instead of the old warrior especially with what he did next. Finishing the job on a fallen opponent.

With people like that would Bob get out of his hiding place? Probably not since the barbarian has just shown that he would kill and take anything defenseless whether victimized woman or fallen foe, what more midgets unless by friends he meant those who had assisted him in battle. Bob remembered that at the beginning he came in alone. Yes, that could be it. He threw the lid over and got out of the crate to look over who was left. Cade was claiming the woman and Antar looting the hero. "This is why you don't play the hero" he told Antar before heading over to the easiest items to take which was everything left behind by the nudist before adding "by the way, you owe me one" and it was the best kind of debt to have over them. After all, in a way Bob saved their lives all for the price of a flask of stinging smoke. One of the best transactions he can ever have in a place like Sunberth.

After bundling everything up on his arms, Bob turned over to the rest so that they can leave before anything else happened and moaned in disappointment at Antar's actions. "I understand if he needed a woman but do you need a man? A dead one?" This will be one of the situations that Bob will tell other people if they asked about Sunberth. That the people will take just about anything! Shouting in disapproval "damn it Antar!" Bob went to the other side of the body and put its arm over his shoulder to help with the disgusting deed or the good deed of burying the body if Antar would tell him his plans after.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leviathan on November 19th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Thread Award!
Cade

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Intimidation 2 BATTLECRY!
Weapon (Longsword) 2 --
Brawling 1 --

Lore
Fighting For Spoils
Intimidation: Battlecry!
Brawling: Below the Belt
Daggerhand Thugs

Extra
Spoils
+120 gm (Loot from Dourne)
Darcy - 34 Years Old
Skills: 25 Reading, 25 Writing
Darcy is an aging woman born and raised on the Streets of Sunberth. Being the daughter to a wealthy local merchant, she is one of the few that had the privilege to learn to read and write, which is uncommon in Sunberth at best. She is arrogant, crude, and fearless, though grateful to those that rescued her.

Drayton

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 2 --
Stealth 1 --
Brawling 1 --

Lore
Improvised Weaponry 101
Daggerhand Thugs

Extra
Spoils
+120 gm (Loot from Dourne)

Bob

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Stealth 2 --
Camouflage 2 Hiding in a box
Observation 1 --
Reimancy 1 --
Tactics 1 --

Lore
Camouflage Techniques: Hiding in Boxes
Daggerhand Thugs

Extra
Spoils
- 1 flask of stinging smoke
+120 gm (loot from Dourne)
+ Cracked Gladius
+ Dagger
+ Clothing (Much too large for Bob to wear)

Antar

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Weapon (Longbow) 1 --
Throwing (Kukri) 1 --
Weapon (Gladius) 1 --

Lore
Daggerhand Thugs

Extra
Spoils
+120 gm (loot from Dourne)
+ Fur-Lined Hide Mail
+ Gauntlet, Spiked
+ Legacy (Dourne's Heirloom Widowmaker)
+ Dulled Hatchet (Loot from Daggerhand Thug)
+ Dulled Handaxe

Additional CommentsWe're going to say that the 480 of Dourne's money will be split evenly between you guys. I don't feel comfortable giving all that to a single PC. If you have questions, comments, or concerns feel free to PM me.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on November 20th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Oh, and I forgot. You guys are officially enemies of the Daggerhand now. I'll be making use of this sometime in the near future.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous