[Flashback/Ishkaral's Home] To Seek a Master (Ishkaral)

The Ethaefal follows up on his passion for unarmed combat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Eridanus on October 25th, 2011, 6:01 pm

It was reckless attack, sure, and one that Eridanus would definitely not attempt in a real life-and-death battle. But this was training between old buddies, and of course it would be the best time for experimentation. He saw the Akalak's eyes widen for a moment and something inside him cheered for causing surprise. The cheering part of him died down almost immediately when Ishkaral reacted reflexively in response to his attack. Things did not look good.

In mid-air and with momentum of the initial jump carrying him forward, there was little room for adjusting and he collided straight into the path of martial artist's counter-attack.

"Oof!" WIth a grunt, he felt the wind knocked out of him as he collapsed on the floor in front of Ishkaral, trying to regain his bearings.

"I yield, I yield" He murmured to no one in particular, waving his hand randomly above him.

After a moment, he recovered his breath and, grimacing, pulled himself up.

"That was a pretty badass ya got there ol' buddy." He patted the Akalak on his shoulder.

"Betcha my flyin' kick got ya by surprise, ain't it?" Eri gave a flippant laugh that is all too characteristic of his nonchalant and carefree attitude of his Vantha personality.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Ishkaral on October 25th, 2011, 7:12 pm

" It sure did, mate. I had a blast by the way, feel free to come back anytime for some training...Or you know, you could always become a student and we could train on a regular. I also have other things I could teach you...if you can keep it to yourself and if you want to learn a bit of magic. If not, please forget I ever mentioned it. "

He talked fast while still being rather out of breath yet pumped from the sparring.

" Ugh, that strike you gave me on my thigh will leave a mark soon. You definitely got talent and it'd be an honor to teach you, as an equal ofcourse. "

And with that said, Ishkaral gave a pat on Eridanus' arm and waited for his answer before he'd take off.

Suddenly Eshacro made a quick coup-d'etat on the Akalak's body and said:
" You did well, but you can do better and you know it. Next time I'll be your opponent! I'll be waiting. "

Ishkaral merely smiled and sat back inside the Akalak's green vessel, he hadn't seen Eshacro this excited in a while. He must've enjoyed the spar aswell and is probably eager for a pupil as much as Ishkaral.

Ishkaral had to laugh at the confusion the sudden change of personality must create for Eridanus if he didn't know about the Akalak's race secret.
GREEN: Ishkaral speaking.
BLUE: Eshacro speaking.
Ishkaral
Memories Can Be Deceiving

Words: 22310
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Eridanus on October 26th, 2011, 5:37 am

Eridanus did a double-take. That was pretty weird of Ishkaral. Could it be, that his old friend had a double personality just as he himself had? It was more pronounced, however, for the Ethaefal's dual personalities tend to be more or less different takes on the same soul, with each personality being well aware and respecting each other, taking a backseat whenever their turn is up. It was like the difference between a stage actor's character personality and his real personality, and it was his manner of dealing with his daily metamorphosis. He was sure other Ethaefal had other ways of dealing with it, but he had not met any other of his kin yet and he was beginning to wonder if he was the only one that ended up here. Still, he tried not to dwell on this and get all depressed, for a greater challenge awaits!

He decided not to pursue the matter, for what are friends for if they do not even leave a buddy space to have his own quirks?

"I'll be back tomorrow or something. Thanks for the spar, I'm going to have to get a few more hour's sleep or something after that blow to the head. I do believe I'm stilll seein' stars floatin' around." He snorted and waved at the Akalak.

Tomorow would be a great day.

And so ends this thread.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Bedlam on December 2nd, 2011, 11:11 pm

Thread Completed!

Ishkaral

Experience:
3 Unarmed

Eridanus

Experience:
3 Unarmed

Notes:

Eridanus, it kind of throws me off balance when he’s thinking in terms of calculations, care and ‘I am above mortal whimsy’ attitude, and then says something like,
"I'm all ready, ol' buddy. A lil' stretchin' and we're all ready to rock." It kind of ruins my ability to take your character seriously at all. Just thought I should let you know that.

I’m not entirely sure what it was about this thread, but the fighting felt . . . disjointed. I’m not sure it was awkward phrasing or Eridanus mimicking street fighter or what, it just read really awkwardly. Watch out for that.
Bedlam
Player

Words: 79119
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous