When the Thief Speaks (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on October 18th, 2011, 12:33 pm

oocI'd suggest closing this soon as well, Antar will be bowing out here. Kaevic, Jerico, it wouldn't be amiss to do another song post to get a small coin pouch, of a variable amount for the grading storyteller to decide the worth of your performances later.

Antar applauded politely after each minstrel made their performance, before taking another sip of redberry juice. It was a non-alcoholic drink, pleasantly sweet but just slightly bitter as well to mellow it out. He just sat watching the happenings of what was going around the tavern, and sighed and rolled his eyes as Mok collapsed drunkenly to the floor.

Finishing his beverage he stood and walked past the tables where Arryn and the rest sat, nodding his head politely to them before crouching down beside the passed out myrian. Levering the armored man's form up into a fireman's carry, Noth's leg muscles strained a little to rise to his feet before making his way towards the door.

On the way back to camp, the rogue decided to have a little fun with his newfound burden and stopped a few times to use the unconscious myrians weight as a training tool for a few squats. Bending at the knees and letting himself use the armored man's weight as he would a crossbar. Yep, he could definitely feel the burn as he made his way back to camp.

When he arrived, he unceremoniously dumped Mok's form back into his tent, snickering a little as he made sure not to help the man out of his armor. He was going to wake up sore in the morning, but it was best for him to learn the hazards of passing out while still being encumbered in his protective layers early, then if he was out in the wilds being assaulted by bandits. Some people would just have to learn to sleep in armor, even if it was probably more uncomfortable then an elephant sitting on one's chest.

Taking a moment to water his horse and replace her feed, Noth began the tasks he always did to ensure he was ready for the next day. Including the task of relieving himself a good distance away from camp in the latrine he had dug before returning to camp to wash his hands with soap and water.

Chuckling in amusement the rogue returned to his own tent to disrobe himself of his own armor and make ready for sleep. He could hear the sounds of his falcon snoring in the midst of its cloth covered cage and he smiled as he lay back down to sleep. In the morning, the man would be heading out to work, and another long day would be ahead of him.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jerico on October 28th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Jerico grinned at Bob, the small man’s comments had little effect on the minstrel. He was a bit used to being told off about songs and people complaining. Singing wasn’t his best skill, though playing was. Soon after he had taken his seat the sounds of a fiddle playing filled the room, Jerico looked around spotting Kaevic.

“Seems I‘m not the only player here tonight.”

Listening to Kaevic play Jerico laughed as Mok started singing the Pig‘s Foot Anthem. Taking another swig of his current beer he almost joined in the with the Myrian half-blood before deciding against it as Mok fell down. It seemed the night was coming to an end. At the mention of more drinks Jerico gagged for a second, already regretting what he had drunk.

“Bob, you can take care of those drinks Cade left us. I‘m done for the night.”

It seemed his thoughts were true as Antar approached the table and crouched to carry Mok away. Standing back up he gave a slight bow to Arryn and Bob before heading for the door with his mandolin swaying on his back. Stopping as he passed Kaevic he gave the fiddle player a grin.

“Keep up the music mate, it‘s a tough crowd. Especially the little guy over there.”

He pointed in Bob’s general direction before moving to the door. Jerico had definitely drunk too much. A minute later he was on his way home.

OOCI'm good with ending this one and getting experience too. Though it seems Arryn has disappeared…
Jerico
Player

Words: 11043
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ink on December 8th, 2011, 4:03 am

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Antar :
Bodybuilding 1
Horsemanship 1
Observation 1
Stealth 1

Lore: Fireman's Carry

-3gm (x2) = -6gm
-2sm Redberry
Total: -6 gm, 2 sm

Arryn :
Observation 3
Rhetoric 2

-4 cm (ale)
+3 gm (Antar)
Total: +2 gm, 9 sm, 6 cm

Bobby :
Observation 1
Seduction 1

Cade :
Bodybuilding 1
Boxing 3
Rope 1
Unarmed 1

+5 gm (Kelvic's money)
-4 cm ale
Total: +5 gm, 9sm, 6 cm

Lore: Nothing Says Hello like Vomit
Lore: Tying a noose

Jerico :
Busking 1
Observation 2
Play Musical Instrument (Mandolin)2
Rhetoric 1
Singing 3

Lore: Nothing Says Hello like Vomit
+3 gm(Antar)
+15 gm (Busking)
Total: +18 gm

Kaevic :
Observation 2
Play Musical Instrument(Fiddle) 1

Mok :
Intimidation 1
Investigation 1
Observation 1
Singing 1

Written in the ink :
This thread had several PCs in it, it is entirely possible I missed something. If that is the case please PM me ASAP and I will be happy to review it.

If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous