[Flashback] Primary Colors (Solo)

Landon stumbles upon painting and the creation of color

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 4:34 pm

45th of Spring, 491 AV

It was a warm spring day and in an attempt to get Landon out of the house and stop pulling at his mother's skirt for attention, she set him out behind the house with paper, some brushes, and a couple colors of paint. The child did not want to leave his mother's side but after a bit of coaxing, he was left to paint while his mother enjoyed some quiet. It was not that she did not love the boy. She did with all of her heart. At times he was just a bit clingy, as most children his age were. She would still keep an eye on him from the window but she could not have him painting in the house. It was too messy.

Now alone, Landon looked at the paper and paints before him. Not even bothering to pick up a brush, the boy shoved his hand into paint, marveling at the way it turned his hand red. Next he pressed his hand down on the paper to see a red hand print left where white once was.

Calling out in excitement, he waved the paper in the air to show his mother. "Mommy! Look!" His mother smiled lightly as she saw the little red handprint on the paper. "Very pretty Landon." He had decided. He would make a painting for his mother. He knew it would make her smile.
Last edited by Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Words: 24946
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Landon stuck his hand in a different color, this time blue. He marveled at the sight of it. It wasn't blue, it was purple! So if he mixed colors he would get new ones! He giggled as he thought of all of the beautiful colors he could make.

Rubbing his hand on the paper before him, he added a purple handprint next to the red one. He wanted to try new colors now but he had a problem. He already had paint on his hands. Wait! He could clean his hands on his shirt and pants! What a novel idea! Smiling at his genius idea, Landon wiped his hand on his shirt. His skin was still stained a bit purple no matter how much he rubbed his hands on his shirt but he had no time to worry about that! There were more colors to discover! His mother would be so proud. He could show Sabastian all of the colors he made too. He could teach his little brother all about colors because he had discovered how to make them, or so he thought.

Next was the yellow paint. What would he mix it with though? He only had yellow, red, and blue paint. He supposed he could make more purple but he was too excited. He didn't have time! He dipped his other hand into the red paint and with a slap of his hands, mixed the paints together. A bit of paint splashed across his face as his hands clapped together. When he pulled his hands apart he saw he had make another new color! This one was orange!

Once again, the boy pushed his palm up against the paper to make another handprint. He decided he didn't like the hand prints anymore though so he started to smudge all of the handprints together. Sadly, it did not work as well as he wanted it to. The first handprint was completely dry while the second was about half way dried. It more so just make a odd orange-purple mess on the paper. It looked terrible but Landon was filled to the brim with pride.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 5:04 pm

More colors! He needed more colors! Rubbing his hands on his shirt once more, he was ready to paint again! His shirt had become more of a painting than his actual painting was. His mother would not be pleased but that was no where in his mind.

Next he took the blue on one hand, and yellow on the other. With the same mode of mixing as the last time, Landon clapped his hands together. Little droplets of paint splattered everywhere. In an attempt to clean his face, the boy rubbed the back of his hand across his cheek, although that only smudged more paint on his skin.

Landon's hands were now a bright shade of green. He rubbed them all over the paper, giving it a nice once over of the hue. The paper was a mess. Colors were everywhere and even drippling over the edged of the paper. "This looks wonderful. Mommy will love it. I should make one for Sabastian now."

The boy put a few more "finishing touches" on the painting before flipping it over. He wanted to sign it, but how? He did not have anything to write with. Oh! The brush! He could use that to sign his name. He dipped the clean brush into the blue paint and proceeded to hastily paint out his name like he had seen his father do with a quill. The writing was a blotchy mess but he felt he did a wonderful job. There, perfection.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 5:23 pm

A thought came to Landon. Why not mix all of the colors? If red and blue made purple, yellow and red made orange, and blue and yellow made green then all of the colors must have made the best color ever! The best color ever would have to wait though. It would be his grande finale. For now, he wanted to make his picture for Sabastian.

Landon started off on a new piece of paper. What could he make for his baby brother? He looked around, trying to find something Sabastian would like. There was not much going on around him, nothing but a stray kitten who seemed to be chasing a fly. A cat! He could paint him a cat. Landon just needed to get a closer look at the little thing!

Grabbing his paper and a pot of yellow paint, Landon began to creep after the kitten. He went up on his tip toes so the kitten would not hear him. Right away he tripped a little, leading him to cry out in fear that he might spill his paint. The noise startled the kitten, who then scampered away. He could try to be stealthy but sadly, his six year old clumsiness would get in the way every time. With a sigh, Landon walked back to where the rest of his paints were. It seemed he would just need to wing the painting. He had scared his model off.

Sitting himself back down at his self made painting station, Landon began to attempt to paint again. He tried to make the outline of the kitten but he could not come anywhere close to it. It looked more like a yellow blob than anything. This was it. It was time for his secret weapon. He needed to make the best color ever. This could save his kitten picture.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 5:44 pm

First Landon began mixing the red and the yellow. The paint turned a brilliant orange. Next, he added the blue. He could feel his heart beating in excitement. What would the color look like? Would it be bright or dark? Would it look more like blue, red, or yellow? He did not know! There was so much to look forward to!

Looking down at his pot of paint, Landon saw his new color forming. A disgusting brown color. He had used up all of his paints to make brown? It was not fair! He wanted his pretty colors back!

Landon started to cry, rubbing his tears away with his paint covered hands. In turn, his entire face got smeared with paint. "Mooooooommy! Mommy! My colors are ruined!" He sobbed as his mother came running out to see him covered in paint. "Landon! What happened out here?" He cried harder as his mother looked over the mess he had made. "I just wanted to make pictures for you and Sabastian but I ruined everything!" His tears were making the caked on paint on his cheeks run, adding more color to his shirt. In his fear of his mother getting mad at him, he ran to the house.

His mother had absolutely no idea what to deal with first. The fact her son was crying or the fact she had no idea how to get him into the house to clean him without getting the whole house covered with paint. "Landon… honey come here. I'm not mad." He sniffled as he turned to her. "You… you aren't?" She was a little, but she could make a little white lie for her son's sake. He was clearly upset and there was nothing that could be done now. "No, I just don't want to see you so sad over a little paint. Let me see your pictures."

Landon smiled lightly as he went to retrieve his paintings. Both of them were nothing more than messy clashes of paint. "I love them Landon! Which one is for me?" He pointed to the one which had the remnants of handprints on it. "This one… I put my hands on it and then mixed the colors." He smiled and hugged her, in turn getting paint all over her clothing as well. "Oh Landon… what are we going to do with you…?" She smiled lightly, before kissing him on his painted cheek. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Aural on December 16th, 2011, 2:07 am

Player: Landon Mora

XP: Painting +3, Stealth +1

Lores: Earned: Painter's Stripes, Mom's are Colored with Love, Temperamental Artist

Other: Your mother proudly displayed your artwork for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, your clothes couldn't be salvaged.

Additional Notes: This was such a cute little thread. I had a fun time reading it. If you have any questions, or I you think I missed some XP, don't hesitate to PM me.
Aural
Everything you can imagine is real.

Words: 16693
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Race: Staff account
Office