Magic, A Magical Subject (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on June 20th, 2011, 3:56 am

Ren Tanor

"I think we could salvage the inside of the log because i doubt all of it is soaked, I think just the outside layer is. Hmmm we could use somewhere to sleep just if the weather gets bad, I guess we have all we need right here" Ren said making a wide gesture torwards the ground. Ren picked up one of the two flints and examined its rough surface. "How do you suppose this rock actually creates fire" Ren asked never once removing his unwavering stare from the rock. Picking up the other rock Ren began to bang them against each other with no effect, switching his tactics Ren began to rub them back and forth against each other. Ren gradually increased the pressure, over a period of three minutes before a small spark of light poped out the side and landed Ren's naked thigh. Ren jummped up into the air more suprised then he was in pain. "Ouch!"
As the shock bled away Ren once again tried to rub the stones together only this time he held the two stones as far away from his body as physically possible. Again a small spark shot out of the side landing in the middle of the buched up kindling.
A small wisp of smoke drifted up from the small glowing spark. Ren sat crouched by fire waiting for the apparent fire to burst up and provide them with warmth.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 20th, 2011, 4:38 am

"I suppose that makes sense. Though, getting to the inside would be difficult. As far as the rocks, I'm not entirely sure, I've never used fire before." Reaver watched with a halfhearted interest as Ren tried to figure out how the rocks worked, jumping in surprise himself when Ren moved so suddenly. He was sure to watch with a keen eye, or as keen as the fading light would let him as Ren rubbed the rocks together a second time. The spark was small, a tiny glimmer. It landed on the branches again, and Reaver continued to watch.

As the smoke died down, he let out a disappointed sigh. "You seam to have the right idea then, I'll go..." Reaver looked about for something to do. "Look for somewhere to go if it does rain. I'll follow the river. I'll be sure to return." Reaver looked at the river. He could follow it up or down... a tough choice. Up would be more likely to lead to somewhere higher, thus more likely to find shelter from rain. Though, if the river split, he would have some trouble finding his way back to Ren. He decided to head down the river. "Just, don't go looking for me. If the river splits, it's easier to go up the river then it is down the river. It will merge together as one goes up the river." With that, Reaver went down the river. He began his walk, keeping to the side of the river. He wasn't completely blind out here yet.

OOCOn a very short time limit tonight, or I would have put his walk in as well.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 21st, 2011, 4:21 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren nodded at Reavers request and watched him walk up alongside the river. Ren turned walked the few short steps torwards the flints, picking up the flints, Ren started slowly rub there rough surfaces against eachother. Small sparks fired out the side, some landing on the pile of kindling, others landing on the dirt ground, extinguishing as they hit. Once again a wisp of smoke rose from the pile, the tiny firre that came from the sparks danced with the wind, getting larger as the wind blew softly against it. Ren noticed this and moved to sheild the fire from the wind. Then Ren began to softly blow aginst the fire, causing the fire to grow in size.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on August 23rd, 2011, 10:12 pm

TIME NOTEEach paragraph, minus the last two, is to be ten minutes apart. The start of this post is ten minutes after the end of my last one.

Reaver found himself walking along the river. It was dark, there were many unfamiliar sounds, he could see lots of movement, but nothing causing it, the smells were all new, a strange foreign aura seemed to fill every nook and cranny of this place, and yet he didn't feel an ounce of fear. Reaver was old, very old, and if there is one thing he knew from his age, fear never helped. He continued along the river, looking for light and smoke in the distance. Any light, and smoke, would be a sign of intelligence... or an accident. Always worth the chance, but he'd need to find the light first.

He found a light, or more accurately, several. Dancing around mysteriously around a bush. He stepped away from the river, and the lights still danced around. He heard a sound, not unlike that of bugs. The lights dodged and danced around his hands as he attempted to touch them. He sat down a moment to observe them, and marveled as one such light simply landed on him. The moment he moved, it left once again. He stood, content, and continued on his way. The world is a mystery yet.

He trudged forward, the mud on his boots was heavier then he remembered it. Reaver looked down, to find a lizard of some sort attached. They stared at each other for a while, before Reaver continued on. It was a journey of unknown length, he couldn't stop and marvel at every new thing that was... now crawling up his leg. He looked at it once again, as it made it's way above his boots and onto his thigh. "What is it? What do you want?" The lizard made no reply. "I'm not helping you. If you try eating me, I'll eat you back. Maybe I'll even make Ren do it." Reaver stopped walking and stared at it. It stared back once again. "I can't hear you, speak up." A few moments of silence pass. Giving up, Reaver continued along, as the lizard moved up to his lower back. Reaver decided to ignore it and continue on.

Reaver sighed. Like clockwork, another distraction came along. This time it was a... pig? Do pigs growl? Well, it was growling at him. Was that... fur? Reaver squinted his eyes to try and see better. Yes, it was a furry pig now growling at him. As he walked close, it jumped forward and slashed at him with it's arm, before dodging back. Wait, pigs don't do that. Is this a fat dog? I haven't seen dogs do that either. A much louder growl came from behind, and he looked back to see a MUCH larger furry pig, with teeth and claws, and... round ears. "You must be a bear."

He found himself swiped right to the ground, with an angry, roaring bear putting it's weight on him. He simply stared at it, and it stared back. It pawed at him for a while, and Reaver quietly observed. It hurt, but it didn't seem to be attacking at all. The smaller one even walked up and sniffed him, before leaving. The two left together. Reaver contemplated what happened as he layed there further, and he stood up once again. He looked back, and saw evidence of a fire back in Ren's direction. His mind drifted on, wondering what he was doing now...
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on January 14th, 2012, 7:11 am

(sorry i have been very distracted over the past few months if you choose to continue this i would be most thankful just send me a pm if your intrested in strting back up)
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Previous