Come to me, Clear and Cold (Ethan)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 28th, 2011, 4:06 pm

8th of Autumn, 511 AV

"now i’ve been crazy couldn’t you tell
i threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell
now i’m covered up in straw, belly up on the table
well and sang and drank, and passed in the stable."
-"Stable Song" by Gregory Alan Isakov

It had been a few days since Kendall and Ethan's disagreement. Regardless of what the Kelvic had said, the blond knew that he needed to get the emotions out. He did not care if it ruined what could have been a nice moment or if it made Ethan mad. At least the bird was showing some of the emotion that was locked inside him. Kendall knew that the bird did not really know the full extent of his emotions. Animals existed on the thought of instinct, not emotion. It would make things harder because of this. Even more so because Ethan was a bird of prey and would be territorial of his own feelings. It was something that needed to be done though.

Since the disagreement, Kendall had not spoken to Ethan. He did not want to. He just silently existed at his side, reading his aura and feeling the emotions that were tied up within him. This was driving him crazy. Hadrian had been very tightly locked up. He still was. Kendall knew how to get it out of him though. At least some of it. The same devices could not be used on Ethan. Kendall was not going to try and seduce him just to get his emotions out. Even if Hadrian was gone, he would not sink to that level. He still respected the Kelvic enough not to try and manipulate him. He just thought the man was very… emotionally uninformed.

Kendall had been drinking lightly over the trip. He had told himself he would try to stop drinking when he had gotten closer to Hadrian. Now the mage was gone and there was no reason to try and keep his craving for spirits under control. He did not care about much lately and so there was no reason not to get drunk.

After a day of riding, Kendall and Ethan had stopped to make camp. The blond gathered up sticks and stones to make a fire. First, he set up the stones in a circle to create a boundary for the fire. Next, he stacked up the stones into a teepee-like structure. After the kindling had been set up, Kendall sat down in front of it. He closed his eyes and tried to focus his mind. Slowly, he let his Res raise out from his palms. When the Res was ready, Kendall ignited it and then guided it into the kindling to start the fire.

There was nothing Kendall needed to say to Ethan. Nothing to say today, nothing to say yesterday, nothing to say tomorrow. He was angered at the man and he was sure Ethan could tell. He just sat before the fire, warming his body with it's heat, watching Ethan. He watched the man's aura as he was sure was sure the Kelvic tried to figure out what was going on with his own. He could feel the waves of suppressed emotion radiating from the Kelvic and it only made him more upset. He could help the Kelvic. He could make him better. Why was he not excepting his help? The Kelvic was scared, or at least Kendall believed. He was scared of himself and his own emotions. He wanted to protect himself and Kendall would not stand for it. Losing Hadrian had driven him to be a but self righteous. He thought he knew what was best for the bird and he was offering it. Ethan had his own reasons but Kendall had no interest in knowing them.

Popping off the top of a bottle of wine, Kendall drank and let the spirits glaze over his burning anger. There really was no reason to be so angry. He just had found the one place he would get his emotions out and not receive any consequence. Ethan was loyal to Hadrian. He would not leave Kendall and the blond knew this. The Kelvic would not leave him so no matter what, the blond would figure out what was paining him so much.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ethan on December 5th, 2011, 9:30 am

Ethan may have been loyal to Hadrian, and promised to protect the Azenth. But that loyalty only went so far. And his patience was running out. He was determined not to cause a fuss about it. Fighting would only make it worse. If the boy wanted to sulk about what happened. It was his choice. That didn't bother him. It was the meaning behind the silence that irritated him. When Kendall sensed buried emotion. He was no better than a wolf circling his prey. Waiting for a chance to strike. There was also the long insolent stares. Kendall's frustrated eyes digging into his skin. Night after night. He could sense the heavy emotions coming from his companion. Without having to use Auristics. A 6th sense constantly reminding him of Kendall's hunger.

He tried talking to him. Telling him why it was a personal matter, but that was largely ignored. A mumble here and there. Then more staring. If he wasn't so close to the man. He would of slit his throat as he slept. Just to keep those eyes off of him. But he was a brother, and you couldn't just do that to a brother. He was kin, for better or worse.

"You know you shouldn't drink so much." Ethan spoke, taking note of the intense heat coming off Kendall. It wasn't the fire. It was the aroma of his anger. A slight hint pressing on Ethan's heart. Hadrian taught him to treat those suggestions as a second instinct. Most often it felt like a guess. His mind jumping to a conclusion. And if he was a human he might of seen it that way. But animal blood was a blessing and a curse. And one of the blessings was greater trust in your gut.

"I'm not trying to preach at you. Drink all you like. But you keep giving me an intense look. And i can only refuse a girl's longing glances for so long." He smiled, trying to inject some humor into the situation. And possibly yanking the stick from Kendall's ass in the process. "We Kelvics are a horny bunch and like to keep our beds warm." He walked over and held his hand out. "If i have a drink with you. Will you stop this silent treatment? Your wearing down my feathers. And im a day away from using your pretty blond head as target practice for my shit."
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on December 20th, 2011, 10:18 pm

The fire reflected in those mismatched eyes as they stared into their depths. Kendall would not look at Ethan. A part of him was too ashamed to. He knew he was hurting the bird and putting him in an uncomfortable place. What he did not know was exactly why. He needed to make someone hurt like he was hurting. He didn't want to be alone and Ethan was right there for the abuse.

When the bird spoke up, Kendall glared at him. "I don't remember asking for your opinion." Taking another swig of the wine, probably in spite of Ethan, he spoke up again. "Besides, you aren't exactly listening to what I am saying to you. Why should I do the same?" One might have thought that the snotty little rich girl Kendall once had been would have been drained from him by now. In truth, it really had been. He was a completely different person than the girl who had grown up in Zeltiva. Right now, he was over defending himself. He didn't want Ethan to feel like he was getting in. He had let Cathan in and he was gone. He let Hadrian in more than anyone and he as gone too. If he could keep Ethan at a distance, things would be better in the end when the Kelvic finally left him.

Kendall felt the tears starting to well up. He did not want Ethan to see though. He did not need the bird thinking that he had broken through the wall he had slowly been building up all of this time. With a piercing glare, Kendall spoke up. "Don't flatter yourself Ethan. You can keep your damn bed warm all on your own." He looked up at Ethan as he clutched the bottle in his hands. He didn't want to share. The Kelvic could go find his own bottle! With a sigh, he handed it over to the bird.

Without the bottle in his hands, Kendall had nothing to hold. In it's absence, he pulled his knees up to his chest and continued to watch the fire. "You can talk all you want. You seem to be doing it anyways."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ethan on December 30th, 2011, 1:41 am

Ethan took the bottle as graciously as he could. It was tempting to smack him again for how he was acting. But he had to remember Kendall was cut from a different cloth. He was still new to tragedy. Hadrian's disappearance was rough on her. To Ethan it was another cut on a scarred body.

"Aye I can warm my own bed. And yes I talk a lot. But you should be glad I'm offering either with the way your treating me. Stuck up little girl is all your acting like." He raised his hand before Kendall could protest. "I don't like us fighting. Not because it irritates me. Which it does. But because this is a dangerous time for both of us. We are in the wild Kendall. The fire may keep the smaller predators away. But not the real monsters. I'm new to this part of Syliras I can't know every beast here. And i want us to be a team if anything comes into our camp. So I think it's time I taught you my signals." Perhaps this would bring them a little closer as well.

"It will help me communicate with you when I am in bird form." He said. hoping curiosity took over her foul mood.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on January 15th, 2012, 12:50 am

While Kendall was determined to be in a bad mood, he could not help but feel his spirits lifted slightly by the bird. He really did have a gift in the way of making horrible situations better. Kendall had to give him that.

"You are right. About the wild that is." He had to admit, it hurt a bit to admit that to Ethan but he said it nonetheless. He might have had his pride but he respected Ethan. He would not deny that Ethan had a good point.

Kendall ran a hand through his hair before letting out a sigh. "I think that would be helpful too." If it would make Ethan happy, he would try it. Of course, the lesson would be mutually beneficial. "I'm ready whenever you are."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ethan on January 18th, 2012, 7:12 am

"Good." He said with a smile. Kendall wasn't so pig headed as he thought. Curiosity could bring him out of a mood even this severe. He kept his priorities straight. Ethan respected that. He hopped up and went to the pyromancer's horse. Being a Lammergeier, Ethan hardly needed such transportation. But he was grateful for a place to store his things.

He came back and handed Kendall a couple pieces of parchment. "First two pages are on the ground. Last two are during flight. Hadrian drew the diagrams and charts on our way to Ravok." Now that he thought about it. If Hadrian really was dead. These where some of the only things he had left of him. Thankfully they where light weight. He would hate to have to leave them behind when he departed.

"As you can probably tell. They give the signal, description and explanation. Excuse my penmanship though. Writing was never my strong suite." He took a sip of wine and waited for Kendall to skim through the pages before he explained further. "It is easy enough to learn. We will practice each night when we make camp. You will read it before you go to bed. Then put it to the test as we travel. If you are good at it. We can even hunt together. And it will save your life one day. Of that I am sure. Just tell me which command you want to know and we can start."
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets