Out of the Darkness (Closed)

Aello has yet another adventure in the wilderness.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Aello on January 16th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Aello shrugged, "never said they were better. A bit different than you, and perhaps a bit rougher around the edges, but, they make fine companions all the same. Or at least Nex does," she finished with a small smile as she took another bite of food, and considered the strange companion she had come to acquire that night.

"Not everything is easy to kill Damian," the aurist went on. "Dires are difficult, for they are far larger than the average animal. Typically, more aggressive than their smaller counterparts it seems. Although, far less intelligent." Aello shook her head lightly as she considered her memories, before speaking again. "Chained ones learn as they fight. In that way, they grow stronger, making them difficult to pick off. I myself, have proven difficult to kill as have my two more typical traveling companions. Factions as a whole- like the knights in Syliras or the Ebonstryfe in Ravok have proven difficult too. Having both withstood the test of time."

Aello shrugged. "Not everything love, but many things." With that Aello shrugged, and took another bite of her food, chewing thoughtfully as she considered. As she took the time to think of a response, before actually stating it. "Well, if I didn't kill any animals Damian, then there'd be next to nothing on my plate each night, and if I didn't kill all those monsters, they would have killed me. The same with everyone else, and everything else." Aello paused. "It's kill or be killed love. There's no doubt about that," she muttered as she took another bite and set the rabbit meat down.

"Now you can have that if you want. If not, we'll need to bury it before something smells it and comes looking for trouble," Aello added, as she wiped her hands on the folds of her dress. She sat silently a moment, staring at the fire before turning to Damian. "Whatever you want to do. Can't make you come or go," Aello muttered, as she reached for her pack and punched it lightly a few times. She curled her cloak around her, and pulled the hood up before lying down with her head on her bag. "If you want to stay and provide some extra heat, then fine, if not, go. But if you stay, I expect silence, I need some sleep before this day is entirely forfeit," she explained, as she closed her eyes and waited for Nysel to claim her.

OOCFeel free to wrap up I guess.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Damian on January 16th, 2012, 5:02 pm

He listened closely to what Aello had to say about Dires and other monsters to be found. Damian, couldn't discern the difference when he encountered them in the wild. All he knew was bigger than, run away, smaller than eat it, same size take chances. He didn't know about Ebonstryfe and the Knighthood, and found the information interesting. Humans broke off into packs as well?

He was satisfied with the answer as to why she had to kill but it only raised further questions. He remained seated and didn't move when offered the bits of scraps, "I'll take care of them."

He watched as Aello prepared for bed but the night was young still and Damian wanted to stay up. Uncomfortable in the clothing, he began to remove the dress, which was made available to him. While Aello closed her eyes, the light around Damian had begun to twist and contort around him. The refraction surrounded him and obscured the sight for a moment. Slowly the bends of light began to darken until they soon vanished as quick as they came. Damian had returned back to his normal form.

Hungry again, he tore into the meat he had left over and finished Aello's meal as well. He stood in silence near the fire before he laid down in the snow, away from Aello. He had much to think about, what he really wanted, why he didn't understand the ways of humans. As the night grew older, the fire began to dwindle into ash and glimmers of coals.

Damian remained, now laid flat against the ground. A chill began to run up his spine, cold from inactivity. Should he leave Aello now as she sleeps? No, a feeling told him to stay by her. He loved her attention, any form of attention really, and he began to crave it. Being isolated in the forest, he had never felt what he had felt with Aello.

Slowly he lifted himself from the soil and walked to where Aello rested. He felt the warmth radiate from her body as he slumped himself against her legs. His long snout rested above her ankles as he slowly began to drift to sleep, pushed tightly to her body.

OOCThat is up to you hon. Damian isn't really going to leave because of unconditional love toward people.
Damian
Player

Words: 29814
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Liar on January 27th, 2012, 4:49 am

EXPERIENCE AWARD

Aello

Skill Points
Wilderness Survival 4
Cooking 2
Hunting 2
Tracking 1
Stealth 1
Intimidation 1
Leadership 1

Lore
Canine Mannerisms
Mercy for Prey
Intolerance for Braggarts

Notes
Leadership for using body cues to infer what Damian wanted and leading the hunt/conversation. With some convincing I could add auristics or shortbow, but for the most part it seemed below your level.

Damian

Skill Points
Observation 3
Tracking 2
Hunting 2
Stealth 1
Storytelling 1

Lore
Human Etiquette
The Scent of Honesty
Wordless Intimation
Dressed in a Dress
Loyalty to a Stranger

Notes
Your use of stealth was a little bit above your level; despite the shadows, a black animal on snow would have a difficult time being seen. Also, the German language does not exist in Mizahar, and neither does an Irish accent. If you want to portray a certain manner of speaking, try to alter the dialogue itself.
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous