[Silver Sliver] Spy vs. Spy [Cris]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on January 17th, 2012, 9:24 am

"No, I..." Hadrian felt a similar confusion, muddled with guilt and compassion and wishing he could help Atelius, but also wishing he would come away. There were adventures to be had, things to learn, and Hadrian knew he would not have such a weighty effect on the world until he was older, wiser, and more powerful, but how to admit these things to Atelius without giving up too much. He trusted him, but he was staying in Ravok. It were better he didn't know things, then he could not give them away under duress or torture, things he hoped Atelius would avoid.

"I'm glad you shared with me," he said, exuding the need to forgive him and the desire to part on good terms, perhaps to collaborate in the future if their paths ever crossed again. They were little nudges here and there, getting sloppier, though. "And I will prove myself worthy of your trust, but for now I think I should take my leave. You have great work to do."

His smile was tremulous, and while later meditation upon this encounter might make him suspicious, now he just wanted Atelius to count him a friend indeed.

"Good bye, Atelius. It has been a great pleasure."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Crismento Miren on January 22nd, 2012, 7:02 am

Andry was slipping away from him. Cris wasn’t sure if he had read his mark wrong or approached him the wrong way. Maybe more aggression had been in order, or maybe the man was just too smart to be guided towards making wrong decisions.

Fear rather than reason kept Crismento from further indulging in his magical art of manipulation with far less subtle and way more intrusive techniques. That evening he had relied on hypnotism more times than he could have honestly justified, all because of the unexplainable need to be liked by Andry without thinking too much ahead. Before finding out if the man could be of use. Now he felt the price of his carelessness creeping in, and even though his soul was whispering he could handle so much more, today he knew better. It wasn’t that long since he had lost control.

”Indeed I do, my friend. We all do,” he nodded joylessly. Cris admitted failure and there was nothing and no one to be blamed but himself for such rashness. He hastily ran with poorly thought out idea all while holding back because he enjoyed the man’s company. At the end of the day, the weak are punished for their own mistakes. ”Goodbye, Andry. Remember me in the winter lands.”

For one last time the con artist looked into the man’s eyes. Perhaps there will still be a day in the future when he will be able to collect on his investment, but that night he only had this thought to console him.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lazybones on January 30th, 2012, 4:26 am

Thread Complete!

Notes: Well that was interesting!

For future reference, and a lot of people (including me!) seem to be getting this wrong, the organization is called the Rising Dawn, not Rising Sun. I've seen lots of players mess this up, and I have on multiple occasions as well. But now we know for sure!

Okay, time for a huge load of stuff. Let me know if I missed anything! :O

Crismento
Award :
Skills: Investigation +2, Hypnotism +3, Interrogation +4, Persuasion +2, Economics +1, Philosophy +5, Acting +2, Deception +1, Larceny +1, Rhetoric +2, Disguise +1

Lores: Keep Your Lies Consistent, Outmatched, Man Crush, Overshare

Hadrian
Award :
Skills: Disguise +2, Observation +2, Hypnotism +4, Subterfuge +1, Interrogation +2, Philosophy +5, Economics +1, Rhetoric +1, Acting +2

Lores: An Opinion On the State of the World, Enlightening Duel of Intellect, A Tragically Charming Man, Overshare
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous