[Location] Citizen Registration Office

Here you can register as a citizen of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Genesis on February 28th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Winter 92 AV 211

Looking slight next the the temple of the Black Sun, stood the Citizen Registration Office. It hadn't taken Genesis more than a moment to locate it within the city center. It was still beautiful, gothic looking. As she enter, she marveled at the sunlight streaming through the stained glass. She needed citizenship, it would be her most useful form of protection. Although no god could take Avalis's place in her heart, pledging allegiance to Rhysol could be no worse then the times she had to sell her body to buy her mother's medicine.

Quickly, she filled out the application and approached the man standing next to the door. Behind it was the man who could give her citizenship, at least probationally. She just knew. Why she was was here, she did not know. She just knew she had to be here, the city had called to her through her divination. The slot for reason to be here was too small to explain, so she just wrote as much as she could guess.

Citizenship Application

Name: Genesis Valia
Race: Human
Parentage: Natara Valia, father unknown
Place of Birth Alvadas

Primary Trade: Fortune Telling (palm reading)
Known Magic: Gnosis of Avalis
Financial Holdings: 80 mizas
Please state your reason for being in Ravok: To start new.
Last edited by Genesis on February 29th, 2012, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lazybones on February 29th, 2012, 2:40 am

Clyde

Tired gray eyes swept the hall, rather crowded at the cusp of Winter as the rest of Syliras was becoming inhospitable. Ravok was a safe refuge from the elements--more or less--and those with a modicum of intelligence would made the Registration Office their first stop.

The eyes settled on Clyde Sullins, and a smile parted beneath them to reveal a set of straight, but yellowed teeth. "You there! Hiya! Come, come in, won't you? I've got a seat in here just for you, heh heh.Well, you know, it's for anyone who comes in but... you can sit in it now. I'm all yours."

After Clyde made his way in the office, Tawny shut the door behind him. This was going to be an interesting one. Not a citizen, and yet it was clear that he was already studying at the Institute of Higher learning. The boy's aura, too, was delicious: colorful and brimming with ambition. Those types always did either very well in Ravok, seizing opportunities and reaching new heights, or very badly, when they refused to compromise their principles and their dreams were subsequently crushed by those who used them as stepping stones in their own quests.

The registrar settled at his desk to read Clyde's application. "Clyde Sullins? I've definitely heard that name before. A student of the Institute, I can see. But also something else... what was it...?" A clammy hand swept over Tawny's large forehead, scratching his stubby fingernails through his graying, light brown hair. "Oh! You're in the Suvan Expedition!" When Clyde showed a hint of recognition, Tawny was glad to be correct. "Don't worry, I haven't been spying on you! I'm with the Black Sun, you know. We sort of hear about everyone. You know how it is." Did he?

He looked back down at the application. "Wow, you know lots of magic. And you're so young! Must be the Institute right? They do good stuff there. Oh, you're from Syliras, huh? Well, at least you got out of there! Ha ha.

"Maybe the Ebonstryfe will pick you up one day. You're a little old to join, but you're quite the patriot. I like you, Mr. Sullins. Just a couple things though, heh... who were your parents? Obviously they were Mr. and Mrs. Sullins, but... I kinda need names, haha! And um... you know you have to stay here in Ravok for two full seasons after registering, so we know you're faithful to Rhysol."

Tawny's eyes swept over Clyde as carefully and as thoroughly as a polishing cloth. There was a long silent pause as he sucked on his tongue and considered his next words. "Doesn't matter how long you've been here before, the probation starts when you register, heh. And since you're leaving Ravok to go on that expedition, well... kinda tough luck there, kiddo! You could try again when you get back. Unless..."

Tawny looked back down at the application. "Man, you got a good sum of money, heh! Funny, that."

Genesis

Tawny was happy to welcome the delectable young woman into his office, which quickly filled with the scent of her. He breathed it in with a shaking breath and smiled wide, eyelids fluttering candidly as he drank in her company. He was more than twice her age, but he still desired her, as he desired nearly every woman he looked upon.

"Welcome to Ravok," he cooed amiably, sinking into his chair with Genesis' application in hand. His grizzled chin fell into his hand as he studied the paper, then her, then the paper again. A thumbnail toyed with the stubble on his chin, producing an irritating buzz that cut the silence. "Hnn, a bastard-ess huh? Heh... that's okay. Lots of bastards here. We make use of'em, when we can."

He frowned. "So... you know we only pay homage to Rhysol here. I see you have some of Avalis' power. That's... interesting. Tell me, Genesis--my gosh, do I LOVE that name--would you use your magic to help the Ebonstryfe, if you were asked? To help Rhysol by extension, even if it went against your... goddess?" He asked the word with a sneer.
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Genesis on March 2nd, 2012, 3:38 am

"Well Tawny, it is my job. I can see the past, and I don't think it be a problem to share, or read any fortunes I would be requested to," her voice smoothly responded as she gave him a little wink for affects. Even after nearly two years, it was effortless to sink back into the demeanor she had relied on for so many years.

She could tell the way the man was looking at her, but she was use too it. At first, she would shift and blush, but now she simply smiled coyly back. There was no harm in being nice. Genesis chuckled a little to herself.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lazybones on April 28th, 2012, 1:36 am

Genesis

For a moment, Tawny looked absolutely bored. His eyelids drooped and his fingers tapped the desktop. He seemed to be waiting for further explanation, but there was none. Without warning, the registrar perked up instantly with an odd, awkward smile that showed his teeth in either corner. His flat hand slapped softly on the desk, as if he'd just remembered something.

"Okay then! I hope you can't see my past, ha ha ha. I'd have to kill ya!" His smile turned slightly sour, and the light in his eyes became unnervingly grim. The shadows on his face seemed to somehow turn darker. "So, Genny. Can I call you Genny? Of course I can. Genny, I'm just going to need you to swear your allegiance to Rhysol in your own words. Once you've done that, we're all set!"
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Office

Postby Noctan on September 2nd, 2012, 9:06 pm

Season of Fall, Day 45, 512AV
Noctan was nervous. Very nervous. He was a Dhani, and if the registrar found that out he would most likely be enslaved. Fortunately his human form resembled a human perfectly, except for the size of it, and he could speak a good human accent. If he had to he would bribe the registrar to let him become a citizen. He did not know his parent's names, he would have to make those up those, his place of birth, and his name.

Citizenship Application:

Name: Louis Calderwell
Parentage: Devan and Amy Calderwell
Place of Birth: Zeltiva
Primary Trade: Arms (Weapons)
Known Magic: None
Financial Holdings: 600 Mizas
Please state your reason for being in Ravok: Wanderlust

Noctan had a cool face when he handed the paper to the registrar, even though he was very nervous on the inside.
Last edited by Noctan on September 3rd, 2012, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Noctan
The Eternal Nightmare

Words: 4151
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2012, 4:19 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Persona on September 3rd, 2012, 6:30 pm

Noctan:

OOCNoctan, please put a date-stamp on your post :)
Noctan has been waiting almost half a bell before Tawny called him into his office, giving him ample time to anticipate everything that could go wrong. Finally, Noctan was given a seat in the uncomfortably small room. "So, you want to be a citizen of Ravok, eh? Of course you do, no better place to be, heh heh." Tawny gave what was probably supposed to be a friendly grin, but it came across as almost predatory.

He leaned back in his chair, scanning the application. "Hrm... Calderwell, 's a good name. From Zeltiva? Wassamatter, their fancy university not good enough for you?" He gave a knowing wink. "That's okay, ours is better anyway. Lessee here, says you're an arms dealer?" He eyed the crossbow "Louis" was carrying. "Or, are you just really good at using them?" He held up his hands in mock surrender, "Don't shoot me now, heh heh."

He peered back at application, to finish reading it. "Wanderlust, huh? Just another tourist, are you?" he jokingly winked. "Just so you know, we're not in the habit of giving citizenship to just anybody who wanders by. You want to live in Ravok, you have to make a commitment to our lord Rhysol. If you just decide to p and leave next season, this citizenship isn't going to stick. Are you really ready to dedicate your life to Rhysol and the city?" He peered closely at the applicant. Louis didn't quite seem like his mind was made up, but then again, he looked so nervous that he'd probably be willing to jump at any form of security.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Office

Postby Noctan on September 3rd, 2012, 8:53 pm

Season of fall, Day 45, 512 AV
Noctan did not like how he had to swear his loyalty to Rhysol. Noctan hated Rhysol. But he .knew he could not back out now. He could not go another day without killing a criminal. His desire to kill nearly caused him to kill an innocent on the way to Ravok. He hated needlessly killing, and yet he almost did exactly that. He stared at the registar and replied,
"I am ready"

The registrar stared at him. Noctan got the chills, it was as if he could read his mind.
Noctan
The Eternal Nightmare

Character sheet

Postby Raylan Ramsey on September 4th, 2012, 12:49 am

Became a Resident: 70th Day of Summer, 512

Raylan had been living in the city for most of the summer. He had grown accustom to the people, places, and opportunists the city had to offer. After having wandered around he learned some rumors were not as bad as people claimed the city to be. Compared to his home city of Sunberth Ravok was comfortable considering you know the evil your dealing with rather then lawlessness. Like some people say, the devil's you know are better than the devil you don't. So here he was to register as a Citizen of Ravok filling out the needed application.

Citizenship Application

Name: Raylan Zallow
Parentage: Mr. Haniel Zallow & Mrs.Fia Zallow (Both deceased)
Place of Birth: Sunberth

Primary Trade: Can Busk for thing, entertain, and play the mandolin
Known Magic: Maybe Voiding
Financial Holdings: (As of summer 512) 328GM.8sm

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: Looking for a new place to live.

After filling out the necessary information he turned the Application in to the registrar.
Last edited by Raylan Ramsey on September 16th, 2016, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raylan Ramsey
Insane On A Good Day

Words: 50459
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Persona on September 8th, 2012, 3:53 am

Noctan:

The registrar grinned, his lips curling in an expression that would unnerve most people. "Well, it's always good to be ready before you swear allegiance to somebody, heh heh!" He snickered loudly at his attempt at a joke. Wiping an imaginary tear from his eye as he controlled himself, he continued in a casual tone. "Now, this part's easy. All you hafta do is say a few words about how much you like Rhysol, and how yer gonna listen to the Black Sun and the Ebonstryfe and not do anything to piss 'em off, eh?"

Louis still looked nervous, his aura turbulent with uncertainty and desperation. He reached across the table and took the petitioner's hand in a clammy grip. "Don't worry mate," he said, giving what he probably thought was supposed to be a reassuring smile. "Rhysol just wants you to have a happy, peaceful life. He's not such a bad guy to devote your life to." Abruptly, he released Noctan's hand and started chewing at his fingernails, looking for all the world that he had entirely lost interest in the conversation.

Raylan

It was a slow day at the registrar. Tawny's office had actually been empty when Raylen came in. The registrar had leaned on the door of his office, staring at Raylen, waiting for him to finish the paper application so that he could get on with the interview. When Raylan approached, Tawny all but shoved him into the office, snatching the form out of his hand. "What took you so long? Forget how to spell your name?" He grinned like he was joking, and sat down in his chair, reading the paper.

"Raylan Zallow...sounds like a candle to me for some reason. Do you come from a line of candle-makers? No? No of course not, that would be silly. Dead parents huh? That's a shame. I'm an orphan myself, though I guess you could say I consider Rhysol my father, heh heh." He made eye-contact for a long moment before going back to the form.

"Sunberth? Don't get too many of those, though I can't see why. That place is smellier than a whore's armpits, or so I've heard. One of the perks of being a Ravokian, Rhysol's blessing makes this the cleanest city in the world." Tawny stuck a finger in his ear and twisted it around, pulled it out and looked at the earwax he'd collect, then flicked it onto the floor.

"Busking, huh? Can't you musicians get real jobs like the rest of us hard-working people? Heh heh, I'm just messing with ya, I love music!" He pursed his lips in a confused frown as he continued reading. "Can't say I know much about magic though. What's Voiding? Sounds like something you do with your bowels."

He finished reading the application and smiled. "Looking for a new home, are you? Well, you've come to the right place! All you need to do is take an oath to Rhysol and swear to uphold the laws of the city, and you'll be good to go!" Tawny folded his hands and leaned back in his chair, eyeing Raylan from under his semi-closed lids. He looked for all the world like he was about to fall asleep at any moment.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Office

Postby Noctan on September 8th, 2012, 5:43 am

Season of fall, Day 45, 512 AV

The split second the registrar took Noctan's hand, Noctan, being who he is, almost pulled out his dagger. Fortunately he knew about these strange things called 'sympathy' and 'compassion', and could identify them well enough. He gave the registrar a nice smile, then he spoke.

"I would gladly swear my life to the city of Ravok, and would die trying to protect it if I must. Rhysol is the greatest god of them all, he shows compassion, love, and protection to the people of Ravok. I swear my allegiance to the Ebonstryfe, as well as the Black Sun and will obey every rule that is issued to me, as a citizen of this great, wondrous city."

Noctan had almost said that Rhysol is a sadistic bastard, and that the Ebonstryfe and the Black Sun were petching pathetic. But, as tough as it was, he prevailed through his short speech. He knew he was now a citizen, and was already planning his first kill in Ravok.
Noctan
The Eternal Nightmare

Character sheet

PreviousNext