[Storm of 512!] Where Were You During The Big One?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Tiaue'a on March 1st, 2012, 10:44 pm

Neato... Sharing is always nice! Anywho...

Tiaue'a: Ti`ue's at the front lines of the storm, not even in Wind Reach, but Mount Skynarta (with much appreciated moderation for Phoenix! :D We love you Jules. :) ). A wind eagle kelvic, she's been in Wind Reach all her life for this purpose, so it's really a pivotal point in her story. I'm really not sure if she'll survive, and even then she wouldn't go unscathed. Who knows what awaits her at the battle?

Tiki: My poor buddy will be in Avanthal trapped in one form or another when th storm hits. Even then he'll probably be terrified seeing Denval explode in the distance before the storm reaches Avanthal! Once he realizes what has happened, his dreams will be crushed because Wind Reach will basically be too much of a war-zone with all of its hazzards and the djed. Maybe it's hopes of a new beginning for him.

Valorae: She's kind of time locked...ish... Once the Night Eyes are through with her, she might be resurfacing to help recover Sunerth. With Sunberth, nothing is predictable, and even the good things can be deceptively harmful to a character.

Ycea: She's not active exactly with Charbosi being under developed at the moment (I'm working on the coral manipulation write up, I promise, I'm almost there!). In any case, her entire character will be challenged by this event with the seas becoming more deathly. It's a power struggle between her virtue and desire to live.

Rian Vale: Rian will pass away before the wake of the storm over Alvadas. However, his autobiography will be left for someone to take up, when and if that were to happen...

In all, this is a wonderous spark for Mizahar. It's defiantely an event that can get you caught up in the moment. And, best yet, it's something to unify Mizahar's people IC and OOC. Everyone's on the same thread, sort of. :P

Get your hard hats, kids. I'll see you out there!
Tiaue'a
Player

Words: 96770
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2011, 2:07 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seven Xu on March 1st, 2012, 10:50 pm

Hooray chaos!

Seven will be at the Sun and Stars. Alvadas will be plunged into silence during the destruction, it seems, so he'll have a hell of a time trying to communicate with Victor to get the hell out. Being that the S&S lacks a basement and may or may not get levelled in the storm (it'll be close enough with walls trembling and windows blowing out that they'll be convinced it's going down), he'll be braving the streets and the illusionary nightmare creatures the Inima spawns to make a mad dash for the Underground, the only safe place he can think to go, and the only entrance he is aware of is under Ionu's Wager. Let's home he doesn't get maimed on the way.

Lysander will perish one season before his first birthday, crushed beneath rubble during the storm in Denval. Sorry, Lysander.

Jag and Quinn will react accordingly, I haven't put too much thought into them yet; lots to absorb right now!
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Naama on March 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm

Murmur is timelocked so I don't have to worry about him. Zeneth will probably be with Tamsin, most likely obsessed with keeping her safe. Naama might fall off a cliff and break her ankle. I don't know, haha. I haven't planned anything but hey, a little more broken bones can't hurt. Maybe her mentality will change, maybe she'll adopt the Myrian's disgust of outsiders because of what happened, who's to say.
Naama
Chunki Faguta

Words: 130159
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 2:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on March 2nd, 2012, 2:16 am

The Shipwreck of the Black Lady
01 Spring 512
Somewhere in the Northern Suvan

The storm tossed the Lady around like flotsam. It was all Daske could do to keep her from trying to head up into the wind, which would necessarily put him broadside to the waves, which would undoubtedly get him rolled. The wind grabbed the storm sail and tore it away, taking the forestay with it. The Lady was bucking wildly up and down, as though trying to rip herself apart. Daske was beyond scared now.

He lashed himself to the tiller with the aft docking line. Hour after hour the storm drove the Black Lady mercilessly before it. Sometimes she would climb the backside of a wave so steep that Daske was sure she was going to flip over backwards. Other times she would dive down the front face of a wave and plow into the back of the next wave, burying the entire boat. Everyone once in a while, a wave would come smashing down on her stern from behind, pounding the entire aft half of the boat.

Then he saw what every sailor fears most in a storm. He saw land. A seaworthy boat can take a great deal of battering by wind and wave, and remain intact. She will usually ride out even the worst of storms as long as her skipper doesn't do anything stupid. But land is a different matter. Land can rip her apart and spread the pieces of her up and down a beach. Land is her enemy, and the Lady was about to meet the enemy head-on.

Daske had no time to react. The Lady hit the sandy beach hard and plowed through sand and rocks, momentum driving her forward until she came to an abrupt stop wedged between two trees. Something struck Daske in the back of the head and everything went black.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Words: 137247
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyahna Sasin on March 2nd, 2012, 5:53 am

Hmmm.

Sasin wil be taking advantage of this situation however he can, naturally. He might start pining for home as well, make sure everyone in his nest is alright.

Rael, my other, not quite started yet character, is probably going to try and join the Voice, if they ever hear about it. I need something to do with my dear multigendered Ravokian.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lase on March 3rd, 2012, 2:49 am

Neis is going to be doing...not sure.

Pauk, maybe thinking about having him get stuck in his Kelvic form.

Lase...not sure. Maybe she'll notice the sea creatures swimming deep underwater? She does worship Laviku. Not sure though.

Mneme will probably feel homesick and wonder how her family in Ahnatep is doing. Other than that, she probably wouldn't really notice/care about the wild djed party. (And by party I mean storm.)

Chapiko...not sure yet. Probably notice all the destruction. There wasn't anything about the Burning Lands in the writeup about the storm, but she'll probably worry about her family.
Lase
Like a mermaid but better.

Words: 16579
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 4:55 pm
Character sheet

Postby Alister Whitecrest on March 5th, 2012, 2:25 am

Alister will decide to ride the storm. Unfortunately, he isn't a good enough sailor, and once he realizes this he'll try and outrun it, fail, and be forced to abandon his ship. He'll then have the brilliant idea to use his meager Reimancy to collect a large bubble of air around him and dive underwater, where he'll spend the next few hours watching his bubble shrink in size as he uses the air. Finally he'll pass out and awake just after the storm is past, having been dragged up to the surface by his Tavan and then washing up on the same nearby island that his ship landed at--now half burnt and wrecked. He'll need to spend about a week fixing it.

Krishpeh, my other character is in Syrilas, so should be alright. Infact, I may have him try and benefit by playing and singing while in the shelter to keep everyone else with him in good spirits. Hopefully one of them will be able to hire a bard...
Alister Whitecrest
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Words: 19173
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2012, 12:24 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous