[Storm of 512!] Where Were You During The Big One?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on February 29th, 2012, 4:41 pm

So I'm curious...

I won't be able to read everyone's threads, and that leaves me simply lurking in chat picking up the occasional comment or two. So I thought I'd start a discussion thread on this topic so we can all see what everyone's doing in the Storm of 512.

Where did you decide your PC was going to be? How did you make that decision? How do you think this is going to impact your PC and their lives to come? Give us some thoughts. I think this will really help the ST's a great deal in their future plans for their cities and plotlines.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ndale Soromund on February 29th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Well, I was originally gonna have her go to Nyka for the tournament but considering the storm and the fact you can pretty much only leave Zeltiva by boat that is not gonna happen...therefore she is staying in Zeltiva :D

As for how her life will continue, I think I am going to have this push her in the direction of having faith in Laviku and maybe bonding in the panic, it would be interesting! And generally just sticking around Zeltiva to help it grow after it gets attcks by seawater lol This is all assuming I don't make her drown, she can't swim so...it's a toss up. I don't want to kill her but it just seems like it could happen *shrugs* I'll just have to let her decide how much of an idiot she's going to be ^-^
Ndale Soromund
Curiouser and Curiouser...

Words: 84822
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2012, 4:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kadrath Onktaka on February 29th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I'd originally intended some tediously boring solo practice combat and hunting threads to gain skills. Now that we'll have some dangerous/vicious creatures running around Riverfall, just going for a walk above ground will be a lot more exciting! This is great!! :D I can hardly wait to kill/capture me some monsters--especially if they're overly savage! >:) But for the main part, 'stuck' underground with a roomful of females....

(When Rath speaks and when Uruk speaks.)
Last edited by Kadrath Onktaka on February 29th, 2012, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just as light brightens darkness, discovering inner fulfillment can eliminate any disorder or discomfort.
Ourselves
It takes two men to make one brother.
Kadrath Onktaka
Four isn't a crowd; it's an Akontak date.

Words: 88536
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2011, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Veldrys on February 29th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Veldrys will be where he always is, in the Chapel (which is incidentially one of the safest places in Denval). He’ll probably pray a lot, sacrifice his blood to make Viratas listen and panick a little. He was originally going to spend his life in Denval, teach a bit, heal people, do research and worry about Lucette and the baby, but seeing as there soon won’t be a Denval anymore …

I don’t have any idea! I have to see what the Storytellers of Denval have planned. I might move him to Zeltiva. He loves teaching, and he’d be able to do a lot more research at the university than he did in Denval. He might also visit Kalinor again sometimes to see if his family are still alive. It all depends on what happens in his threads.
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nai'shee on February 29th, 2012, 7:26 pm

I still have no idea. It won't be a big difference for her, she is used on hunger, tiredness and stealing, I just think she will have really though times with money, she didn't hesitated to steal like this, but when everyone is in mortal danger as much as she is... I hope Zeltiva will have it's official hideout or something, because we were warned in time about the storm, but if not I hope to find some PCs to cooperate with and make something underground or in some cave in mountains. She might become more helpful (she have always been, tho) or discover some new potential.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xelhes on February 29th, 2012, 7:39 pm

I am have idea what I am going to do with Xel right now. He might temporarily end up in Zeltiva but I cannot let him stay there unless I junk Charlo which I have no intentions on. Originally he was simply to be a healer in Denval and to just do his best in helping others/repaying the debt he owes Denval. When I made him it was with Denval in my mind, so I really have no idea what to do with him since I had not expected Denval to simply be obliterated...Not to mention that when he finds out about Denval's destruction, I have no clue what sort of damage that could do to him since he considers Denval his home now. I worry that the news might actually break his spirits quite a bit, though I am hoping it is only a temporary thing and that he ends up back to normal...

As for Charlo...I am going to have to put her on the side burners for now until I establish Xelhes better. I really want to start RPing with her but with all this going on I need to focus more on my Ethaefal since I can simply modify Charlo if necessary while Xel is already made and being fleshed out. I love the plot that is occurring and big changes it will bring about though, regardless of how frustrated I may get with it. It truly does make this an interesting world to RP in, let alone for our characters to live in and I think that is an extremely great thing.
Xelhes
Player

Words: 159436
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Oluse on February 29th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Oluse: Where he always is =p Work XD Plans from here? Well one would think he would stick around and help out all the injured in Avanthal. But he has put in his time, he is traveling now. I do hope he can get a mark out of Morwen before he goes, though. Now that he had developed his mood rings eyes ~.^ Deff look forward to all the dangerous chaos along his travels.

Solicah: Probably in the tavern, or in his room. Pretty sure he spends most his time in those two places. He doesn't believe in work... XD His plans? Get the hell home to his family, they have a LOT of work to do. Which is further explained in the last post of his scrapbook ^-^ http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic17665.html

Trente: Very good question. I actually hadn't thought of that yet. I'll prolly find PC to thread the event with. As for plans, same as before just with more vigor now. Help prepare the unprepared to defend themselves. He is guna start a little guild ^-^
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Coren on February 29th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Hmm, well coren was actually taking a walk in the sculpture yard to cool himself down when the djed storm hit and the temprature suddenly shot up. Which means his eyes are locked in a graphite state and he pretty much is going to be locked in fury untill whatever this is blows over. That and the fact that the slumbering mental problems of his magic use are going to surface... well coren isn't going to be a happy camper ^__^

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Verilian on February 29th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Well, for Sira, she's going to be doing what all the other wind eagles are doing. After the storm is over, if the Wind Eagles have still not regained their telepathy, Sira is going to be the only one who can communicate with them really, since she can speak to birds, and speak to peoples in her human form. So I imagine Sira will play the role of translator for a while.

For Sashi, she is in Avanthal, and she's just going to kind take it in stride like animals tend to take most things that happen to them. She'll duck and cover, sure, but after it's over she'll just move on. Most likely she'll be trapped in her wolf form, since she's always in her wolf form, but we'll see.. I haven't decided yet.

My Black Sun agent, Marcus, will be busy trying to assure his fellow Ravokians that everything is going to be okay and that Rhysol still loves him, and had it not been for his love they would all be dead rather than the damages that did occur. Also, he'll be wondering what happened to the Voice and where she has gone, but his main focus to begin with will be on the city.

My Konit, L'orlei, will probably do some healer type stuff.. I don't know, I haven't really decided that yet. We'll see what happens.

My last PC is Pashake, but I'm still waiting on his flashback with Bina to be finished before I start playing him in present time.. so I don't know what's going to happen with him either.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 29th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Alea had been planning to travel, but to be honest, that will probably get put on hold indefinitely. Instead, she will probably be in either Frostfawn Hold or the stables intending to celebrate Morwen's return when the storm hits. The storm will leave her with a bit of a cough and no voice until further notice (much to the relief of pretty much everyone who knows her). When she sees the Denval mushroom cloud later in the season, she'll probably think her parents are dead, but I intend to reunite them when they arrive as refugees in Avanthal. In the meantime, she'll probably just be trying to help out with the rebuilding and recovery of Avanthal, and getting used to the new consequences of being bonded to a Kelvic...

Kit the skunk in Sunberth will probably try to follow the rats, taking as many of his friends with him as will come... but what happens there is largely up to Ink as i understand it.

Emmadalor my Akvatari is entangled in Colombina's Eyktol plot, so, again, her whereabouts and reactions to the storm will be largely affected by that.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next